Search:

SIYE Time:11:07 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


What the Future Holds?
By ForeverLadonna

- Text Size +

Category: Twin Travel Challenge (2008-3)
Characters:All
Genres: Comedy
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 31
Summary: If Death Eaters were trying to drive him completely and totally nutters they were doing a good job of it, Harry Potter thought as he stared at the two young children in the living room of the Burrow.
Hitcount: Story Total: 14229; Chapter Total: 4995





Author's Notes:
I like the way J.K. Rowling got Harry and Ginny together so just assume everything in the books happened as they happened. That's how they got together. I hope you enjoy this.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


"Daddy....Daddy...Daddy."

A little boy's voice parted the sleepy fog in Harry's head as he forced one eyelid to open. A blurry picture of a child stood in front of him. Harry reached for his glasses and shoved them onto his face. The blurry picture came into focus. James was standing by his bed.

"What's the matter?" Harry said groggily.

"I'm thirsty, and I can't find Mummy," James said softly.

"Ginny's in Percy's room," Harry answered as he rolled back over.

"I'm still thirsty."

Rolling back over Harry sighed, "Then go downstairs and get a drink."

"I can't reach the cups at Grandma's house."

Grunting Harry lifted himself off the bed and stumbled out the bedroom and down the stairs with James following him. Harry grabbed the first glass he found and filled it full of water. He set it down in front of James at the kitchen table.

"Drink it all up," he said. "I don't want to be woken up again because you want a drink."

"Okay Daddy," James said as he started to gulp down the large glass of water. "Oh and happy birthday Daddy."

"It's not my birthday," Harry said as he sat himself down and laid his head on the table.

"Yes it is," James said. "We came to get you for lunch yesterday as a surprise. You're 32, just like the number on your door at the ministry. That's how Mummy said we can remember your age now."

Harry just grunted and waited for James to finish drinking his water. When he was done Harry shooed him off to bed and collapsed back into his own bed.

It seemed like seconds later Harry was being shaken awake. He went to grab for his wand in case it was an attack, but it wasn't on the night stand.

"Magic is not going to get you out of this Potter," said a very angry voice. "What were you thinking giving a child a full glass of water and not making him go to the loo before he went back to bed?"

Harry opened his eyes and saw a very irate Ginny Weasley twirling his wand around. Beside her stood Lily and a very ashamed looking James.

"What are you talking about?" Harry muttered. "He was thirsty. Now go back to bed."

"I would love to," Ginny said her voice taking a sharp tone, "but unfortunately I have to change the sheets on the children's bed. I would just have Mum use scourgify to clean them, but Mum and Dad left a note saying they went to find Dumbledore to learn more about that thing James had. So I need to change the sheets and you need to clean up your son."

"Why do I need to clean James up?" Harry asked still asleep.

"Because, you idiot, you gave him water and didn't make him go to the loo," Ginny growled. "Now he's wet the bed. I have to change the sheets. You have to take care of the mess you made."'

With that Ginny stomped out of the room as LIly followed her. James stood looking ashamed of what he did.

"Sorry Dad," he said softly.

Harry sighed and got up. This was absolutely insane. How did anyone manage to sleep with children in the house?

Harry cleaned James up in the bathroom and was taking him back to Ginny's room, when he ran into Ginny and Lily in the hallway.

"Where are you going?" Ginny asked crossing her arms. Harry realized she must be very grumpy when she didn't get enough sleep.

"I'm taking him to bed," Harry said motioning toward James.

"The bed is still wet. It soaked through the sheets. Bill's not here to dry it. He went to his home, and we can't do underage magic," she snapped.

"So where are they going to sleep?" Harry asked.

"Lily is going to sleep in my bed with me," Ginny said. "I suggest you take your son and go back to your own bed or the sofa. I don't care which."

With that, she picked up Lily and stomped down the hallway.

"Mummy mad at you isn't she Daddy?" James asked.

"Yeah," Harry replied. "I'm tired. Let's go back to bed."

Harry returned to Ron's room and crawled into bed. James tried to snuggle in next to him. It wasn't very comfortable, but Harry hoped he would be able to go back to sleep quickly. It seemed as though James was out by the time his head hit Harry's pillow.

Harry was finding it very hard to get back to sleep, especially after a little elbow connected with his eye following a knee to the gut. His son certainly liked to move around a lot in his sleep. Exhausted and certain he wasn't going to get anymore sleep, Harry got up and stumbled over to the desk.

Grabbing a quill and a piece of parchment, he tried to figure out what date in his sleepy head he would turn 32. Writing the date of the day before on the outside of an envelope with his name he began to write a letter to himself about Death Eaters disguising themselves as his children and coming back in time just to drive him bloody bonkers with lack of sleep. Looking over at the clock he realized it was five in the morning already. He signed the letter and awoke Hedwig.

"Don't be surly with me, girl," Harry said as he took her out of the cage. "You got more bloody sleep than I did. Take this to the post for them to deliver later."

Sighing, he watched Hedwig fly out the window before he put his own head down and fell alsleep.

"Blimey Harry, you look bloody awful," Ron's voice said as Harry cracked his eyes open.

Ink had blotched his face and some parchment was sticking to his cheek.

"What are you doing over there?" Ron asked.

"Don't ask mate," Harry said. "I want to go back to bed."

"Can't," Ron muttered. "Mum wants you to come downstairs. Dumbledore is here. He wants to see the kids. Ginny came and got James earlier. She's getting them dressed. I don't know what happened last night, but she wasn't too happy."

"Neither am I," Harry answered as he peeled the parchment away from his cheek. "I'll be down in a minute."

Harry opened the door to go downstairs when he was met by Lily and James who gave him a big hug.

"Happy birthday Daddy!" Lily squealed.

"Yeah, whatever," Harry said as he saw Ginny standing with her arms crossed looking at him.

"They woke up at six," she said sharply. "I couldn't wake you up to help me with breakfast. I'm just glad Mum showed up before I hexed part of you into bits. Then we wouldn't be in this situation anytime in the future."

Yes, Harry thought Ginny Weasley definitely was grumpy without enough sleep.

"I didn't get enough sleep either," Harry growled. "Don't snap at me. Besides as you pointed out last night we can't do underage magic."

"You guys shouldn't yell at each other," Lily scowled. "It's Daddy's birthday, Mummy."

"Yeah, and Daddy whenever Mummy's upset with you, you have to say 'sorry, it's all my fault. It won't ever happen again.' "

"I will do no such thing," Harry said.

"Well it is all your fault," snapped Ginny.

"Well it takes two to make a kid you know," Harry growled. "So how can it be my fault?"

Ginny looked like she wanted to reach over and strangle him right then and there.

"I meant it was your fault you gave James water last night," she hissed.

"Oh," said Harry looking ashamed. "Yeah, sorry about that."

Ginny rolled her eyes. Picking Lily up, she grabbed James hand. "Come on kids, there's someone we'd like you to meet," she huffed as she led them downstairs. Harry followed meekly. How could this day get any worse?

His question was answered a few minutes later.

"Well hello," Dumbledore said as he sat at the Weasley's kitchen table watching Ginny walk in with James and Lily. All the rest of the family was already seated there. "This is quite a surprise."

"Mummy, who is that?" James asked.

Ginny wrinkled her brow. "James this is Professor Dumbledore," she answered. "Surely you know Dumbledore."

"Now, now that's not the correct way to make an introduction," Dumbledore said his eyes twinkling as he extended his hand to James. "My name is Albus Dumbledore, and who might you be?"

"James Potter," said James shaking his hand. "That's Lily."

"It's a pleasure to meet you both."

"James," Lily gasped as Ginny set her down on the floor. "I know who this is. This is who Albus is named after."

Harry noticed that Dumbledore's eyes seemed to twinkle brighter. "Ah and who might that be?"

"He's our brother," James answered. "Albus Severus. Dad said he was named after the two bravest headmasters at Hogwarts."

"What!" Harry cried. "There is no bloody way I would name my kid after Snape."

"Harry language! There are children present," Mrs. Weasley scolded.

"I don't care. This is the last straw. Professor, there is no way these are my children. I'm sure they're just Death Eaters trying to drive me nutters. I mean it. This is just cruel," Harry vented.

"Harry, I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for all of this," said Dumbledore calmly.

"Oh course there is! They're trying to put me in St. Mungo's!"

"Why is Daddy yelling?" Lily asked as tears formed in her eyes.

Ginny grabbed both children and hugged them to her. Her eyes slanted angrily toward Harry. "He's just upset. Let's go in the other room, and find a puzzle for you to do. Then Mummy's going to have a long talk with Daddy."

She steered them out of the kitchen into the other room.

"And that's another thing!" Harry vented once they left the room. "I have children with little Ginny Weasley. I mean come on!"

"Believe you me you won't think that's all that bad come here in the next year," a new voice said from the doorway.

Everyone in the kitchen jumped and suddenly wands were pointed at the stranger. He was tall with unruly black hair and green eyes. Harry found himself looking at an older version of himself.

"I got your letter Harry," the older him said.

"What letter?" Hermione asked.

"I sent a letter to myself this morning," Harry said still staring at the older version of himself.

"Yeah, ranting on about Death Eaters disguised as my children. I got it shortly after my own children disappeared from my office. Scared Gin and me half to death," his older self said.

"How did you get here?" Hermione asked.

"There are two time spheres the ministry's working on. I, unfortunately, had to use what pull my name has to get the other one," said the older Harry. "Now where are my children?"

"One minute," Harry said still holding his wand. "You mean those hellions really are my kids?"

His older self chuckled. "They aren't that bad, and about little Ginny Weasley, give it another year or two, and you won't think there's anything little about her. In fact, you'll find as long as she's safe and alive your own life is worth living."

At that point in time Ginny burst back through the door from the living room. "Now you listen here Potter," she started as she began to rant at Harry. She stopped as she looked at the older Harry. Her gaze then went back to Harry and his older self. "Well this is new."

"You always know you're in trouble when she calls you Potter," the older Harry said as he patted his younger self on the shoulder. "Just apologize. Say it's your fault and never do it again. Believe me it saves time."

"This is not happening," Harry said as he laid his head on the kitchen table. "This is not happening."

"Unfortunately it is," said his older self. "In order for me to get back using the time sphere's I have to make sure nothing changes in the timeline. That means I have to erase everyone's memories. Now how long have my children been here?"

"Since last night," Hermione replied.

"All right I think I can handle an obliviate for that long at least," said the older Harry. "How are Lily and James?"

"The children are fine. They are in the other room," Ginny said quietly. "I put them there right after Harry began to yell."

"Yes, I'm quite a prat at this age."

"Hey!"

"All right. I'm sorry to do this to all of you. There's so much I'd like to tell you," the older Harry said looking around. His eyes stayed longer on Fred and Dumbledore's face than the others. "I'm sorry I have to obliviate all of you."

"Before you do may I speak to you outside for a moment?" asked Dumbledore. "I promise I will not ask you anything about the future. You might also want this back."

Dumbledore handed the older Harry the small golden marble, the younger Harry now knew was a time sphere.

"All right," nodded the older Harry as he and Dumbledore went out the back door.

Ginny sighed and sat down at the table near Hermione.

"This is just a mess," she sighed.

The older Harry and Dumbledore came back into the kitchen a few minutes later.

"Dumbledore's going to help be obliviate all of you, and then I'm going to go back home with James and Lily," Harry said. "All you'll remember is going to sleep last night after an uneventful evening. Then you woke up this morning and came down to eat, all right?"

"All right, I think that's best," Mrs. Weasley said. "I'll go first,"

Harry nodded and one by one Dumbledore and the older Harry began to obliviate each of the Weasley's. Finally Harry was the only one left.

"I think I'll just meet you outside shall I?" Dumbledore said to the older Harry as he walked out the back door of the Burrow.

"Wait, I have just a question," he said looking at his older self. "How in the world do I fall in love with little Ginny Weasley? I mean the kids said something about her yelling at me to make me fall in love with her, but let me tell you she's yelled at me quite a few times last night and all I feel is annoyed."

His older self chuckled. "It does take her yelling at you for you to see her as anything other than 'little' Ginny Weasley. Then you see her with Dean Thomas. That's when you realize you don't want any other bugger near her. Last time we had to sleep on the sofa is when we hexed Dean at the last reunion for gawking at her. I think it's best I obliviated her now, after this I don't think she would have wanted anything to do with you from the sounds of it"

"I don't really believe all this."

"Trust me after awhile you'll learn anything's possible."

"OK, ready to obliviate me now?"

"Well here's the thing you can't really obliviate yourself. It has nasty consequences. What I'm going to do is a confundus charm then one to make you sleep. You're going to wake up and think that this was all a dream."

"A nightmare really," said the younger Harry.

"Maybe so," the older Harry smirked. "Oh and if you remember any of this as part of your dream remember to remind Ron about the silencing charm. I don't ever want to hear what I heard about seven years ago coming from the rose bushes. You would think they would have remembered to put the charm up or at least waited until they got home."

Harry laughed, "So I guess what the children said about Ron's child being named Rose is true."

"I'm afraid so," the older Harry smiled. "Now it's time to say good-bye. Only Dumbledore will remember this. I always did wonder how he knew so much about the future when I was younger. Good-bye Harry. I'll see you in the future."

Then there was a flashing light.

"Harry, Harry wake up dear," came the gentle voice of Mrs. Weasley. "You fell asleep at the table."

Groggily, Harry lifted his head to find himself sitting at the Weasley's kitchen table. They were all eating breakfast.

"Did you not get enough sleep last night dear?" asked Mrs. Weasley.

"I'm fine Mrs. Weasley," he answered, before turning to Ron. "I had the strangest dream."

"Yeah what about?" said Ron as he munched on some tarts.

"I was married to Ginny and had kids, who were trying to drive me completely nutters," he answered. "Oh and you and Hermione were shagging in the rose garden."

Ron started choking on his tart. Harry smirked and hit him on the back.

"For goodness sakes Ron chew your food," Hermione said from down the table.

"That was cruel Harry," Ron said under his breath once he stopped choking.

Harry smirked.

"So you and my sister heh?" Ron said.

"I told you it was a strange dream," Harry said.

"Who knows what the future may hold mate," Ron said. "You just might end up with Ginny."

Harry shook his head as he began to eat the food that Mrs. Weasley sat in front of him. He stared down the table where Ginny was talking with Hermione. She looked up and smiled lightly at him. Him and Ginny Weasley? If that could happen anything was possible.
Reviews 31
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear