Search:

SIYE Time:18:35 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Mine Again
By Spidey

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Songfic
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 7
Summary: Everyday I will wait, till you're mine again.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4762



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
the song is called "Mine Agian" by Black Lab this is the first song off their 2007 album "Passion Leaves A Trace" i dont own the song or the characters, just the story.
As always :)




ChapterPrinter



He lay awake in the darkness that enveloped him.

He propped himself up against the wall, the soft moonlight flowing through the window and illuminating the couple that lay before him. He watched as Hermione lay wrapped in Ron’s arms, the moonlight dancing softly on her porcelain skin. He watched her, her chest rising and falling calmly. His eyes snapped to Ron as he tightened his grip on the brunette’s waist, and snuggled in closer to her. The moonlight cast a deep burgundy on his normally fire red hair, his features alight with a small smile, no doubt caused by the sleeping beauty in his arms.

*~*~*~*
There's a place I used to go
There's a world I used to know
There was a light and it was you
Every word I say is true
*~*~*~*

It was nights like this that he missed her, when Ron and Hermione had each other and he had no one. He was awake most nights, thinking of her. He would think of what it was like when she smiled. He would think of the times he held her, when she laughed, when she left a searing kiss on his lips. He would think of what it was like when she loved him. All of those times when he was just a boy in love with a girl.

He watches the moon, the stars twinkling high above, and he wonders what she’s doing, if she’s thinking of him. He imagines her late at night staring at the ceiling, him a constant thought on her mind. He knows that she’s probably asleep, a small beautiful smile on her delicate face, safe in her slumber, far away from the world that tore him from her.

*~*~*~*
I say everyday I will wait till you're mine again
I will die every day till you're mine again
There's no words to explain
No beginning and no end
I will dream, I will pray you'll be mine again
*~*~*~*

He imagines the house, and if he closes his eyes, he can see where his path leads him. He can recall in great detail, the journey up those well used stairs, and the walk to her door. In his dreams, he imagines that at night, he walks through that house. He walks to her door and pushes it open. He imagines she’s there waiting for him, he kisses her and they fall into her bed, holding onto each other for dear life, afraid of being separated again. He imagines them falling asleep, wrapped in each others arms, protected from the harm the war had thrust upon them.

He looks up at the sky and absentmindedly rubs his thumb and middle finger together. He remembers what it felt like when he trailed his fingers through her hair, the days when they were by the lake at Hogwarts, laughing, talking, kissing, and her glorious hair fanned around her, its vibrancy glowing with the strength of the sunlight. He would sit for hours and run his hands through her hair, while she sat laughing at him.

“Oh, the power of a pretty face,” she would laugh.

“You’re not pretty, you’re beautiful.”

At this she would blush so gloriously and look away only to have his hand guide her face back to his and be kissed so wonderfully. He couldn’t resist when she blushed.

*~*~*~*
I can see you dressed in red
All the secret things you said
Lying barefoot in the grass
Now my heart is in your hands
*~*~*~*

He jumps at the sound of Ron’s snoring that so unfairly brought him crashing back to reality. He looked over to his best friend and smiled sadly. He would do anything to have her by his side, but she has to remain safe, she had to be left untouched for his sake and his sanity. His mind would sometimes play horrific nightmares of her safety being in jeopardy, of her being hurt. That is why most nights he doesn’t sleep. Those times he didn’t know what to do with himself. He knew she was safe, but the doubts his mind kept presenting him with was slowly driving him insane. He needed to see her, to hear her voice, to examine every inch of her body to make sure she was not harmed in any way. But he knew all too well, that should he go back, he would never leave.

Sometimes, he found himself short of breath. He couldn’t breathe, he felt his whole body shake, and he felt as if the world was pressing down upon him. No one cared about his destiny or his feelings, they didn’t care about his sanity or his wellbeing, and everyone was so selfish. He was the boy who lived, he was placed upon a pedestal, he was the one who had to save the human race from a terrible fate, but no one was to save him.

*~*~*~*
Everyday I will wait till you're mine again
I will die every day till you're mine again
There's no words to explain
No beginning and no end
I will dream, I will pray you'll be mine again
*~*~*~*

He would sweat; he wouldn’t be able to see properly. He would hallucinate and he felt for sure he was losing his mind. He knows that if she were with him, this wouldn’t happen. With one kiss she would make everything alright.

It wasn’t until Hermione found him one night that he knew what was happening. He had been having panic attacks. Hermione had ordered him to bed and gave him dreamless sleep and a few others for exhaustion. He doesn’t care what is wrong with him all he cares about is her. Not a minute passes that he doesn’t think of her and how much it hurts to be apart from her.

He thinks of abandoning the hunt and going back to her. He has ideas of eloping with her; make a home of his own and a family, away from the chaos, violence and death. Everyone else can fight his battle, they can fight for the rest of their lives, he doesn’t want to anymore. He just wants to be with Ginny, and to be happy. He thinks of all the places they could go, where they could live, somewhere sunny on a beach. Harry stops himself because he knows that, no matter what, Voldemort will stop at nothing to hunt him down and kill him. He won’t rest until he’s destroyed Harry.

*~*~*~*
It's just time that runs between us
It's the ocean underneath us
It's the picture that wont fade away
*~*~*~*

Harry could never rip Ginny from her family either, and he couldn’t bear to leave them behind to suffer under the wrath of Voldemort. They were his family too. Ginny and Harry would only ever need each other, but Harry already knew you were nothing if you didn’t have a family.

There were always faults in his plans. He knew the only way he could be free and be with Ginny was to complete the task at hand and destroy Voldemort. Then he could finally return to Ginny. Now that he looked at it that way, things didn’t seem so bleak. Things always got worse before they got better.

In his minds eye, he could see her face, her glow, and the smile she had for him. She had this youthfulness about her. He watched the moon and stars illuminate the darkened landscape around him. He sighed and rested his head back against the wall.

“You’ll be mine again,” he whispered, he knew Ginny was waiting for him in his dreams as sleep slowly overtook his mind.

*~*~*~*
I say everyday I will wait till you're mine again
Brings me close to the day when you're mine again
There's no words to explain
No beginning and no end
I will dream, I will pray you'll be mine again
*~*~*~*
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear