Search:

SIYE Time:1:32 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Origins of Reality
By PotterBoy90 and Zero

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fluff, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 29
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

*** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry’s fifth year brought about many mixed emotions. From learning he had been in the Dark Lord’s mind, to losing his godfather, Harry was spinning out of control very quickly. Mix this with Dudley and his gang bringing up a few painful memories and a whole new perspective is thrown upon Harry’s well known story of the fateful night that gave him his scar. *** Rated R for Language, violence, and some sexual situations. *** This will be the FIRST story in our series
Hitcount: Story Total: 23447; Chapter Total: 3809





Author's Notes:
A/N: Sorry about the wait, at least it wasn't as long as last time. I (PotterBoy90) have gotten into the TV show Lost recently... It took up quite a bit of time. I'm caught up with Lost now, so that means more time for fanfics!

Again, sorry, and enjoy the chapter, I know you have been waiting for it.

It is shorter than our usual chapters, but necessary, nonetheless!!

Enjoy!

~PotterBoy90 and Zero(tactics)




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Six: Ginevra Molly Weasley

On the outskirts of a little town called Ottery St. Catchpole was a strange house. It looked like something a four year old would build out of their toy blocks. There were pieces stacked on pieces, and one would wonder how it stayed together, unless one was familiar with magic. This house was called the Burrow, and was the home of a rather large family of redheads.

The family was the Weasleys. They were one of the oldest pureblood families left in the Wizarding World. They all also happened to be in the Gryffindor house at Hogwarts. They were a happy and loving family of nine.

Molly and Arthur, the couple who owned the house, had been married since shortly after they had left Hogwarts.

Bill, their eldest son had already graduated Hogwarts; he had gone on to become a curse-breaker and currently resided in Egypt. Charlie, the second oldest, had also graduated. He lived in Romania, working with dragons. Between Bill and Charlie moving away and taking up posts in dangerous occupations, Molly couldn’t help wondering what her other five children would end up doing as a career.

Percy was the oldest who still lived at home; he would be starting his fifth year at Hogwarts as a Prefect. He was your typical model student. Top marks in his year, always followed the rules, and always polite, however, he was quite boring. He looked like the rest of the brothers, tall and thin. However, unlike the rest of the family, he wore glasses. He was the black sheep of the family. While most of the brothers, and Ginny, loved Quidditch and having fun, Percy was the studious one, who tended to stick to the rules and keep to himself.

After Percy were the twins, Fred and George. They were going into their third year, and were the family pranksters. It was common practice to triple check anything the twins gave you. They were a bit shorter and stockier than most of their brothers. They were identical, down to the last freckle. Even their hairstyles were the same; they both wore it semi-short and straight forward. It was a rare occasion when you saw one without the other.

Ron, who was the second youngest and tended to be a bit more…temperamental, happened to be an excellent chess player and a Quidditch fanatic. He would be starting his first year at Hogwarts, and was rather nervous about it. Ron was tall and lanky with red hair that was longer than the twins’. He loved Quidditch and everything about it, and his favorite team was the Chudley Cannons. Ron was quite different from his other brothers. He could be laid back and fun loving, but if you pushed just the right buttons, he would often explode and let his anger loose.

Last, but certainly not least was Ginevra, normally called Ginny, she was the youngest of the Weasley clan, and the only girl born into the Weasley family in seven generations. She would also be starting her first year even though Ron was almost a whole year older than she was. The only reason she and Ron would be starting together was that the cut off date for first years is September 1st. Ron was born September 3, 1979 while Ginny’s was August 11, 1980 thus allowing her to attend Hogwarts with Ron.

She was a mix of the whole family. She was a bit on the short side, only about four foot eleven at the moment. She wasn’t skinny and lanky like everyone else though; nor was she stocky like Fred and George. She had a slim and slender body, and could move with the grace of a dancer when she wanted to. Where Ron would bump into something, she could easily glide around it. She had shimmering red hair, which went to about her mid back. If you were to look at it in the light, you would see many shades of red, and what would seem to be highlights of gold. She had the emotions of Ron, the mischievous streak of Fred and George, and a bit of Percy’s intellectual drive. But most of all she had a sense of compassion and caring for others. She seemed to have a keen sense of what someone was feeling, and could usually cheer them right up. Ginny was the perfect mix.

*****

“Ginny! Is all of your packing done yet? School starts tomorrow!” A voice yelled from somewhere down the stairs.

“No mum, you already know that!” Ginny said, having been interrupted from her daydreaming. “You’ve been asking me that every five minutes!”

Ginny began to tune her mother out again, who was now yelling at Ron to pack his things. You see, Ginny’s mind had been a bit preoccupied, and by a bit, I mean not a minute went by that her mind wasn’t focused on the same thought. She would be starting Hogwarts tomorrow and she would be in the same year as The-Twins-Who-Lived. Ginny had grown up, along with Ron and their twin brothers, with stories about the Potter twins who had miraculously lived through a killing curse, and defeated He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. To say she liked the stories, and the twin Potters, would be an understatement. Ron was just about the same way. Just about everyone knew Ginny had a secret crush, which she wasn’t sure how secret it was anymore, on the famous Harry Potter, and likewise with Ron having a crush on Rose Potter.

Ginny rolled off her bed, and began digging through a pile of clothes to find her swimming suit. After a quick change, and throwing a short summer dress over it, she bounced down the stairs.

“Mum, I’m going to go down to the pond,” Ginny said as she ran out the door.

“That’s fine dear, just don’t be out too long,” Molly shouted after her retreating daughter’s back. “Don’t forget you still have to pack!”

Ginny reached the pond at the edge of the Weasley’s property and flung her dress over her head and onto the grass. She ran towards the border of the pond and jumped as far as she could, and landed in the water with a splash!

She let her mind be free of everything, and let herself float through the water. She always felt at peace when she was swimming and was kind of sad about having to go off to Hogwarts, where she wouldn’t have access to the pond. Even though there was a lake at Hogwarts it wouldn’t be the same. Her brothers had told her how cold it was when she asked if she would be able to swim there. She didn’t normally mind the cold, but they had told her it was often times freezing. Either way, summer would be over and the cold weather would be on its way. Maybe she would be able to go swimming before it got cold.

Ginny did not hear the approaching footsteps, nor did she hear anyone taking off their shirt, she did hear, however, a large splash. As soon as the person hit the water she knew that Ron had joined her in the pool, only he ever made such a splash.

“Hey Ron,” Ginny said.

“Hi Ginny,” Ron said as he swam.

“I can’t wait to start Hogwarts! How ‘bout you?”

“Duh I can’t wait! You saw how sad I was last year because I had to wait ANOTHER year to start! I mean, come on just because my birthday is in September doesn’t mean I should have to wait a WHOLE year. I would have been 11 a couple weeks into school! Now I’ll be older than everyone… the only twelve year old first year…”

“Oh come on Ron, I’m sure there will be someone else your age in our year. Besides, now we get to start school together!” Ginny said excitedly.

“Yeah… and you know what else? We’re going to be going to school with The-Twins-Who-Lived!

“I know! I can just imagine them already. They are both going to be top of the class, fun, cute…”

*****

After the sorting, Ginny looked over to her brothers.

“Why weren’t either of them sorted? Are they coming out soon to be sorted after us?” Ginny asked the redheads around her.

“Didn’t you hear, Ginny?” Percy asked in such a tone that everyone should have known whatever the news was. “Harry and Rose Potter aren’t coming to Hogwarts this year.”

Percy passed Ginny a copy of the Evening Prophet and her jaw dropped as she read the article on the front page.

Trouble at Hogwarts: Potter Twins Refuse to Attend and are Rumored to have left for America!

By: Jacqueline Cadence


That’s right people, the famous Twins-Who-Lived have left the country! A few hours before the infamous sorting ceremony was to begin at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Albus Dumbledore left his office a very angry man. Headmaster Dumbledore was reported to have angrily strode from his office to the office of Minerva McGonagall, nearly blasting her door off upon entering.

Minerva, after recovering from the shock of hearing her door forcefully being thrown open, was ordered to remove two names from her master list of students entering Hogwarts today, one Harry Potter, and one Rose Potter.

According to a reliable source, Dumbledore was going out to meet with Sirius Black, who had taken in Harry and Rose about two years ago. After meeting with Black, it was apparent that he had somehow brainwashed our golden children into defying the Headmaster of Hogwarts. After a tense argument, the twins, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin (who was in previous years speculated to be in a relationship with Black, and also a highly dangerous werewolf), were said to have fled the country by unauthorized portkey.

A close friend of Sirius Black had the following quote for everyone worried about the children who were brainwashed and taken from the wizarding community:

“You shouldn’t be worried at all; I know exactly where they went. All you have to do is get over to America, Illinois precisely. All Sirius ever talked about was how he couldn’t wait to go, but he had to wait until just the right moment,” said one Severus Snape, who happens to be the Potions Master at Hogwarts. “Best to hurry and get those kids back, we wouldn’t want them to fall to far behind on their homework.”

I’ll keep everyone updated with any further developments in this heartbreaking story.


Reviews 29
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear