Search:

SIYE Time:18:47 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Origins of Reality
By PotterBoy90 and Zero

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fluff, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 29
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

*** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry’s fifth year brought about many mixed emotions. From learning he had been in the Dark Lord’s mind, to losing his godfather, Harry was spinning out of control very quickly. Mix this with Dudley and his gang bringing up a few painful memories and a whole new perspective is thrown upon Harry’s well known story of the fateful night that gave him his scar. *** Rated R for Language, violence, and some sexual situations. *** This will be the FIRST story in our series
Hitcount: Story Total: 23479; Chapter Total: 4412





Author's Notes:
A/N: Sorry for the wait, PotterBoy was slacking. We know this chapter is short, but Chapter 3 will be posted as soon as this one has been validated. Thanks for waiting and we hope you enjoy it.

Cheers!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter Two: Destiny and Decisions

Dumbledore was sitting in his office. It wasn’t a large office, but still spacious enough to sit in with a few guests. He did not get many guests in his office though, other than the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge. You see, Dumbledore was a very important man. He was the Headmaster of Hogwarts, Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards, and received an Order of Merlin, First Class. On top of all that, Fudge had been coming to him a lot lately about problems with the Wizarding World.

Over the last decade, the Wizarding World had been at war with Voldemort, along with his band of Death Eaters. Fudge couldn’t rightly handle the war himself, so he turned to Dumbledore, the only man Voldemort had ever feared. Now that Voldemort was temporarily out of action, Dumbledore was hoping to get a bit of time to think.

Dumbledore had been alerted of the attack on the Potters’ home earlier by a few enchantments he had set around their home, and was patiently awaiting any news from Hagrid, whom he had sent to look around. He had hoped not all had been lost at this home. It was the house Voldemort targeted, so that would bring about something that could save the entire Wizarding World later.

He knew there were two children residing within that home, and they could be the key to a brighter future for everyone. If they were dead, he did not know what would happen. Nothing like that was ever foreseen. It was always supposed to be one or the other, there was no in between. No one was supposed to die, just one chosen, and one not. It was the time to see what had happened, and what would lie in store for the future for all of mankind. The fate of these two could change the course of time…

Dumbledore felt his pocket begin to heat up, and he reached into it and pulled out a small mirror.

“Hello Hagrid,” Dumbledore said, looking into the mirror.

“Dumbledore! I found ‘em! Both the chil’ren are still alive! They were both jus’ layin’ here wrapped up ‘n a blanket, both alive still!”

“A… a…. alive you say,” Dumbledore said, not believing what was just told to him. “And there are no signs of James or Lily?”

“Well, Sirius found the bodies sir, and we put ‘em off t’ the side.”

“Most curious.”

“Wha’s curious ‘bout tha’ Dumbledore?”

“That both of the adults are dead, yet both children remain alive. And there are no signs of Voldemort?”

“No sir, none a’ all.”

“Alright Hagrid. I shall be there soon.”

“Oh and sir, Sirius is here with me, he needs to speak with you.”

“Alright Hagrid, I shall be along quickly,” Dumbledore said, hiding the mirror once again in his pocket.

Dumbledore now faced a new dilemma, what to do with the kids.

*****

Sirius and Hagrid had been waiting for nearly half an hour before Dumbledore had arrived with a pop. One of the babies, the girl, began crying when the pop sounded Dumbledore’s arrival. Sirius stood from where he was sitting and walked over to take her from Hagrid when she began crying and she instantly became quiet.

“Hello Dumbledore,” Sirius said gravely.

“Hello Sirius, hello Hagrid,” Dumbledore said, nodding to each in turn.

“’Ello Dumbledore, sir,” Hagrid said as he stood up.

“I see the children are awake,” Dumbledore said, looking at the kids’ open eyes.

Sirius held the girl even tighter in his arms, seemingly afraid to let her go.

“Albus, what are you planning on doing with them?” Sirius questioned the old man.

“Many thoughts have gone through my mind about what to do with them,” Dumbledore said, looking from the girl to the boy. “Many places pondered. But I believe the safest place for them would be at the home in which Lily’s sister resides.”

“WHAT? WITH THOSE FILTHY MUGGLES?” Sirius yelled, making the girl cry again. He looked down into her beautiful green eyes, and while bouncing her in his arms lightly said, “I’m sorry kiddo, I didn’t mean to make you cry.”

“I’m sorry Sirius, it is the only way.” Dumbledore replied.

“But there has to be! I’ve met them once before, they are the most unpleasant folk I have ever met!” Sirius replied, quieter than before.

“Regardless, they would be safest there,” Dumbledore replied.

“But they won’t accept them into their home! Even if we make them take the kids into their home, they will never be accepted as family, or even as humans!”

“Sirius, you are not seeing the bigger picture!” Dumbledore said louder, but not quite meeting Sirius’ eyes. “It is more important now more than ever to keep these two safe. We all know what is at risk if we don’t! Placing them with Lily’s sister is the best thing for them! It will protect them from far more than they should ever encounter in their lives!”

“So ‘the bigger picture’ is more important than how they are treated throughout some of the most crucial points of their development?” Sirius said angrily.

“This is no longer up for discussion Sirius!” Dumbledore said fiercely. “I have thought long and hard, and the decision I have made is final. The positive outweighs the negative in this case Sirius.”

“Dumbledore, do you honestly believe this? I mean seriously, what goes through your mind? You aren’t even viewing them as children right now! You only see weapons securing the future for everyone! Think about their future, how do you think they feel?”

“This is not the time or place for this discussion Sirius! All of this foolishness could be…”

“FOOLISHNESS,” Sirius cut him off, “This is their lives we are talking about! You don’t give a damn about either one of them!”

“Sirius! STOP! This is not the time for this. We can discuss it later, for now, we will take them to the home of the Mr. and Mrs. Dursley.”

~*~

Dumbledore, Sirius and Hagrid had dropped the children off at Number Four Privet Drive, and then parted ways. Hagrid went to get a few drinks at The Hog’s Head, while Dumbledore and Sirius flooed back to Dumbledore’s office.

“Well Sirius, is there something else you would like to tell me. You seemed quite anxious to accompany me back to my office,” Dumbledore said, brushing the soot from his robes.

“Actually, yes there is. There is an urgent matter we need to discuss, and it can wait no longer,” Sirius said as he took a seat.

“Well let’s have it then. Lemon drop?” Dumbledore asked casually, holding a glass bowl out to Sirius.

“Thank you,” Sirius said, taking a lemon drop. “You see sir, you may be wondering how exactly Voldemort found Lily and James, as I was their supposed Secret Keeper.”

“I must admit Sirius, I have had a few thoughts. You however, have given me no doubt as to where your loyalties lie. I can see it in your eyes how devoted you were to Lily and James.”

“Exactly sir, I was so devoted that I knew how obvious it would be to Voldemort for them to choose me as their Secret Keeper. That is why we chose someone else.”

Dumbledore remained silent, taking the information in.

“You see sir, we thought that Voldemort would go straight for me if I was to become their Secret Keeper. He wouldn’t know who they would choose, so naturally he would go for James’ best friend, me. That is why I talked James into choosing someone else. I had hoped that Voldemort would come after me, and not find the real Secret Keeper.”

“And who did you choose?”

“Peter Pettigrew. Apparently Voldemort hadn’t had to bother with me, Pettigrew went straight to the slime ball.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive. Peter was not home tonight when I went to check on him, that is how I knew something had happened. If Hagrid had not stopped me tonight, I probably would have killed the bastard and ended up in Azkaban.”

“Yes, very fortunate for us all that the true story has gotten out.”

“Very. I would like you to keep a record of our conversation Albus, for my own security.”

“Because you plan on bringing Pettigrew to justice yourself?”

“Yes. I wish to hunt him down and take him straight to the Ministry, but I will need someone to back my story up.”

“I am behind you Sirius.”

“Please make sure the kids stay safe, and happy.”

“I will Sirius.”

“Thank you,” Sirius said, before standing up and Flooing away. Dumbledore sat pondering the night’s events before taking out his wand and placing it to his temple. He walked over to a cabinet which he opened, revealing a large stone basin. He withdrew his wand from his temple and with it, brought out a silvery strand which he dropped into the stone basin.


Reviews 29
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear