Search:

SIYE Time:19:00 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Origins of Reality
By PotterBoy90 and Zero

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fluff, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 29
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

*** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry’s fifth year brought about many mixed emotions. From learning he had been in the Dark Lord’s mind, to losing his godfather, Harry was spinning out of control very quickly. Mix this with Dudley and his gang bringing up a few painful memories and a whole new perspective is thrown upon Harry’s well known story of the fateful night that gave him his scar. *** Rated R for Language, violence, and some sexual situations. *** This will be the FIRST story in our series
Hitcount: Story Total: 23446; Chapter Total: 4959





Author's Notes:
So Zero and I came up with a crazy idea for a fan fiction, and we were hoping SOMEONE would like it.

If anyone has any questions about HOW anything happens in this chapter then you can either message us, or leave a review.

We can message back, or post a few explanations in the A/N for the next chapter.

If anyone has any questions about H/G or how they fit together in this story, then go ahead and ask, but you really shouldn't. We wouldn't post a story on SIYE without it being a H/G story, now would we?




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter One: A Break From Normality

Harry was sitting on the train at the end of his fifth year. He was returning home after an especially long and eventful year at Hogwarts. Not only had he been inside Voldemort’s mind the whole year, but he had also been under the tutelage of one of the worst Defense teachers he had ever encountered. She had given him detention after detention and at each one he would write with a blood quill until the words he wrote were etched into his hand.

On top of all that he had also been through one of the worst situations he had ever gotten himself into. He had rushed to the Ministry thinking that his godfather was in danger, when in reality Sirius was quite safe. Harry had found an orb containing a prophecy and had been cornered by Death Eaters. Sirius, who had rushed to the Ministry to save Harry, was killed in front of him by Bellatrix Lestrange.

In that one moment Harry lost his godfather, his friend and one of the few links he had left to his parents.

“Harry, are you alright?” Ron asked looking over at him.

Harry just continued to stare out the window thinking about what had happened, completely ignoring Ron’s question. He couldn’t think about anything other than what he had inadvertently caused. If he hadn’t been tricked by Voldemort, if he hadn’t rushed blindly to the Ministry, if he hadn’t been so stupid!

“Harry? Are you okay?” Ginny asked worriedly.

Again Harry ignored the question, lost in his memories of Sirius.

“HARRY JAMES POTTER! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?” Ginny yelled, breaking Harry from his trance.

“ARGGH!” Harry screamed, falling off his seat. “You don’t have to yell!”

“Apparently we do,” Hermione said, “Ron and Ginny both asked you a question and you ignored them both.”

“Oh, sorry you two, I was a bit lost in my thoughts,” Harry said quietly.

“Harry, can you come with me for a minute?” Ginny asked.

“Uhm…okay,” he replied, following her out the door of the compartment.

Ginny walked up and down the train looking for an empty compartment. After searching for a moment, she found one. Once inside she locked the door magically and put a silencing charm around the room.

“Harry, talk to me. Please Harry, we’re worried about you! You haven’t said anything to anyone since that night at the Ministry. What’s going on in your head?” Ginny said to him with a tear forming in her eye.

“What’s going through my head?” Harry yelled. “I’ll tell you. I KILLED MY GODFATHER! ARE YOU HAPPY TO HEAR THAT? I KILLED HIM!”

“Harry, don’t say that. You didn’t do anything except--"

“Except kill him? That’s exactly what I did!”

“Harry, please…”

“No Ginny, just admit it! You and I both know I killed him. Dumbledore knows I killed him! Sirius knows I killed--" Ginny launched herself at Harry and kissed him full on the lips.

“Now that you stopped being a prat and closed your mouth, you can listen to me,” Ginny said despite the fact that Harry’s mouth was wide open in shock. “You didn’t kill him, Bellatrix did. The only thing you are guilty of is being tricked by Voldemort.”

“But Ginny!” Harry retorted after getting over his initial shock.

“No buts, it could have been anyone he tricked. He tricked you just like he tricked me in my first year.”

At this statement, Harry began crying silently. Ginny sat down next to him and put her arms around him. For the rest of the trip Harry and Ginny were wrapped within the others arms, both crying.

They finally noticed the train slowing and got up to get their trunks from the compartment where they previously were. It did not go unnoticed that they were holding hands as they walked into the compartment, or that they also walked off of the train holding hands.

“Hello Ginny, Hello Harry,” Mrs. Weasley said cheerfully as she hugged them each.

“Hi Mum!” Ginny said excitedly, while Harry only managed a quiet ‘Hello.’

Harry spotted the Dursleys and said his goodbyes to Hermione, Ron and Mrs. Weasley before walking up to Ginny.

“Well, I guess this is goodbye,” Harry said, looking into Ginny’s eyes. “Thanks for bringing me back to reality.”

“You’re welcome Harry. And this is not goodbye, this is I will see you later. I’m going to miss you. I’m going to have a talk with Dumbledore about getting you back with me soon,” Ginny replied, staring back at Harry just as fiercely.

Harry hugged her tightly and said, “I’ll see you soon Ginny, I promise,” before kissing her full on the lips. This brought about many cheers and catcalls from passing schoolmates.

“Oi! Potter! Get off my sister so we can go already!” Ron said jokingly.

“Ronald! Be nice, a lot has happened lately!” Mrs. Weasley said, smacking Ron’s head.

“Wait a minute…” Ron said, finally thinking back upon their time on the train, “What exactly happened when you left the compartment?”

“I’ll tell you on the way home Ron,” Ginny said, hugging Harry one last time before walking away with her family.

Harry walked up to the Dursleys and after they yelled at him for “making out” with that “freak,” they were off.

~*~

“Oh look who it is, Dudley and his band of idiots,” Harry said as he walked through the door of Privet Drive to see Dudley and his gang sitting around talking.

“Oi look! It’s Potter!” said Gordon, one of Dudley’s more dimwitted friends.

“Really? Where? Oh there he is, behind you!” Harry said before rushing up the stairs with his trunk.

‘Well that was fun,’ Harry thought to himself.

Harry waited for everyone to go to bed before sneaking downstairs to get some food. After he finished reheating a serving of roasted chicken and potatoes he sat down to eat. A few minutes later he heard someone moving around upstairs so he finished quickly and put his plate and fork in the dishwasher. He started to creep up the stairs but was blocked at the top by Dudley.

“Oh look, it’s Potter and he’s all alone,” Dudley taunted.

“Shove off Dudley,” Harry said, trying to push past Dudley.

“I don’t think so Potter,” Dudley said, stepping closer to Harry.

“What do you want?” Harry asked.

“Well, my mates want to know if your little boyfriend Cedric has called you back yet,” Dudley said, and behind him you could hear the laughter of his other friends.

“Don’t talk about Cedric!” Harry yelled.

“Or what? Going to call your lunatic godfather on us?”

Harry was silent, anger clearly radiating from him.

“What’s wrong Harry? Going to let us kick your ass so you can call your godfather to kill us all?”

Still, Harry was silent.

“Oh, little Potty can’t even say anything,” came the voice of Malcolm, one of Dudley’s other friends.

“Of course not, he always was a coward,” said Piers, Dudley’s best friend.

“Shut up,” Harry said quietly, pulling his wand from his pocket. “Shut up before I turn you into the fat pig you are.”

“Oh, does your godfather know you are going to get expelled from your freak school for using your little stick?”

“My godfather is dead!” Harry said in a loud, angry voice.

“Oh, did he go off and get killed just like your parents did?”

“Shut up Dudley! You don’t know what you’re talking about!”

“Seems like everyone around you gets killed, don’t they? First your stupid parents, then your pathetic godfather, whose next? Maybe one of those pathetic redheaded freaks? ”

“I SAID SHUT UP!” Harry yelled angrily. Harry threw his wand arm out and Dudley was sent flying against a wall, clearly knocked out. His three friends were momentarily shocked.

“Get him!” Piers yelled, and the three charged at Harry.

‘Oh shit,’ Harry thought.

Piers got to Harry first and landed a punch which knocked Harry down the stairs. Harry sat up only to be kicked in the ribs by Gordon.

“Let’s see you call your little boyfriend and godfather on us now!” Malcolm yelled before stomping on Harry’s ribs.

“While you’re at it,” Piers said between punches, “tell your mom I said hello.”

Harry’s eyes darkened with rage before putting both hands up and sent Piers flying across the room, only to hit the wall with amazing force. Gordon and Malcolm were shocked by what had happened and began to flee up the stairs. He felt the power within himself growing and expanding with all of his pent up emotions. Rage, anger, sadness, hate, jealousy and grief, he could feel them all within him, twisting and turning, mixing and reacting. Just as suddenly as he felt them, they burst out in the form of raw magical power. He felt his magical core explode, unable to contain all the power within him.

A tidal wave of magic was sent out, destroying everything that it touched. Number Four, along with their direct neighbors, Number Six and Number Four were completely decimated. The occupants were all killed instantly.

Harry felt the wards around what was left of the Dursleys’ home collapse and all of the magicks from their merging with his own. He was caught in a sort of limbo, not in the living world, but not within the realm of the dead either. He felt as if he was falling backwards, not knowing where he would land. He felt his memories leaving him, disappearing into nothingness. Reality as he knew it was morphing and changing before his eyes. He saw people flashing by him, and events happening in reverse. Suddenly, everything Harry knew was gone, and Harry ceased to exist.

~*~

“Hagrid,” Sirius said, seeing him at the site where the home belonging to his closest friends once stood. “It’s good to see you.”

“’Ello there Sirius, if the times wern’ so bad it’d be a pleasure t’ see you too,” Hagrid replied, looking into the wreckage.

“I know what you mean,” Sirius said gravely. “Why exactly are you here?”

“Dumbledore sent me t’ check around.”

“Well then, I guess I can go since you’re taking care of that.”

“WHAT? Your goin’ t’ just leave?” Hagrid yelled dumbfounded.

“Of course! I need to find him!” Sirius yelled back “He has to pay for what he did!”

Hagrid bent down and picked up a blue bundle of blankets, clearly hiding something. He peeked in and his shock was clearly evident on his face.

“You can’t just go runnin’ off after You-Know-Who like tha’ Sirius!”

“No, not Voldemort! Peter! I have to find Peter!” Sirius exclaimed loudly.

“Wha’s Pettigrew got t’ do wit’ any of this?”

“Everything! He was Lily and James’ Secret Keeper.”

For the second time that night, Hagrid was in a complete state of shock. “Well you’re gonna have t’ wait for Dumbledore, he’ll know wha’ you can do. Besides, how could you just leave these two?” Hagrid asked as he uncovered what was hidden under the blankets.

Hidden within it was a boy with black hair, green eyes, and a lightening bolt cut on his forehead. Next to the boy was a little girl of the same young age. She had the same green eyes, but red hair. The most interesting bit was that she had the exact same lightening bolt shape cut on her forehead.
Reviews 29
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear