Search:

SIYE Time:9:13 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Code 942
By irollam

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:All
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 16
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

"Get all the 6th and 7th year girls together and tell them ‘code 942!’” Ginny calls for emergency action when she learns that Harry is searching for her.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3948



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Hi, I'm putting this story up as an experiment. This is after DH, but before the epilogue... so, have fun reading!
:o)
irollam




ChapterPrinter


GINNY'S POV

“Oh, Ginny!”

I groaned, Parvati was prancing toward me, what joyful news could she be bringing me?

“Ginny!” she darted past me and wheeled around, coming almost nose to nose with me.

Okay, personal bubble invaded.

She backed up, “Gin! Guess what? Harry’s looking for you,” she giggled the kind of giggle that makes my skin crawl, but her words hit home.

“Harry? Oh no, you have to help me!” I turned frantic.

She looked bewildered, “Why?”

“Just distract him, like, now!”

She fluttered her eyelashes excitedly.

I mentally smacked myself “NO, not that way! Just use spells or something, in fact, you could get all the 6th and 7th year girls together and tell them ‘code 942!’”

Comprehension dawned on her face, “942? Are you sure, that drastic?”

“Yes! Now go!”

She ran off down the corridor, waving her wand in a complex pattern.

Great. Now I have to figure out what I’m going to do!

I whipped out my wand and did a quick Disillusionment Charm on myself. I snuck off though the oncoming hall traffic.

Luckily it was a Saturday and I had no homework to do, I was planning for rest and relaxation. Now Harry had to go and mess it all up!

I knew exactly why he wanted to talk to me, but why did he have to ask me today?

Maybe I wouldn’t have to face him at all; maybe the girls could hold him up! Just then, I walked into the seventh floor corridor and slipped into the Room of Requirement.

Perfect. The room had shifted itself into the perfect hideout. It was a cool green apple color and the furniture was white leather. The best thing about the room was the east wall. It was a blown-up version of the Marauder's Map. Thinking about the map made me remember another useful feature of the Room of Requirement. The Marauder's Map can’t find you when you’re in it.

So Harry can’t find me. How convenient.

Suddenly, and alarm went off on my wand, Parvati’s voice echoed through it.

“He is through the first line of defenses and heading toward the Charms Corridor. Hermione and Lavender, ready the catapults!”

I removed my Disillusionment Charm and settled on one of the white armchairs.

I smiled evilly to myself; this should be, shall we say, interesting.

------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ----------------
Harry’s POV

I jammed a hard left and made a hairpin turn, weaving around the spells and curses. It was easy as swimming through mud. Which is, obviously, pretty hard to do. Okay, I admit it; my opponents knew my every weakness. They expected my every move, and knew exactly when I would zig, zag, and dodge.

I guess I should have expected it though; my rivals had grown up with me for seven years. With the smarts of Hermione, the strategic skills of Parvati, and the quick-thinking of Ginny, the 6th and 7th year girls could almost defeat me. Almost, that is, to the point of me seeking reinforcements.

“Ron, Neville, Seamus, and Dean, go through the secret passageway and try to head them off on the fourth floor!” they surged ahead of me and disappeared into a side-hall. I glanced upward and caught a glimpse of Pansy Parkinson throwing a hex at me. I flew (ran sort of fast) past it only to be met by Hannah Abbot’s burst of flame.

I quickly darted though a tapestry and collapsed into the tunnel behind it, or, I guess you could say, onto the floor of the tunnel.

Okay, maybe I was a little tired. Or exhausted, worn-out, weary, drained, tired, sapped, weak, and any other synonym that you can find in the thesaurus for the word “tired.”

Why is the word “synonym” so hard to spell, err, think? You would think people could come up with an easier way to spell S-Y-N-O-N-Y-U-M. Oh, wait I just spelled it wrong!

Anyway, I was tired. So I was thinking to myself, “I wish that I had a piece of paper with a map of Hogwarts on it that would show, with little dots, where people are actually standing in real life.” Then it hit me, the Marauders’ Map. I guess that it’s a good thing that I carry it around in my pocket every single place that I go. Well, except the shower. I still haven’t really learned how to do a water-proofing spell. If you really wanted to know how to do that sort of thin, you should ask Hermione about it. I mean it’s the same fundamentals as-

Oh, sorry, back to topic. So I pulled out my handy-dandy, Marauders’ Map and gazed in wonder at the armed forces that were spread around the school. I know, that doesn’t make sense, but every one of those girls knew at least 6 years worth of magic. The one girl that I couldn’t find was Ginny.

I double checked, nope. I could not see a small dot label “Ginny Weasley.” So there was only one place that she could be, The Room of Requirement.
-------------------------- ---------------------------------------- --------------
Ginny's POV

Here’s a pop quiz:

What do you do when you are alone, bored, and hiding from The Boy Who Lived/The Chosen One/The One Who Wouldn’t Die/The Guy Who Conqueror/The Person That Has A Lot of Stupid Titles?

Plan your next evil plot. (Mwahahaha!!!)

Catch up on homework. (Blah.)

Think of all the ways to prank Malfoy. (5647 ways.)

Or... sit around writing pointless quizzes.

So, obviously, I was bored. By now you’re (yes, I’m to the point of talking to myself,) wondering several things.

Why is Harry looking for our beautiful champion?

Why are the 6th and 7th year girls hiding her?

Why are the (Insert rude word here) Slytherins helping them?

What is Code 942?

And why, why, why does it reek so bad in the Room of Requirement?

I’ll start with the most obvious question, “What is Code 942?”

Code 942, my dear friends, is none other than-

CREAK! BOOM! Clang! Drip, drip. Buzz, buzz.

Uh oh! I looked over at the western wall and saw a small door forcing its way through the wall. It was dark brown and was totally out-of-sync with the color scheme; only a boy would pick such a hideous shade. I could guess who that boy was; he must have gotten past all of the defenses. It was time for Plan 849OOW, run!

I bolted from my white leather chair and silently asked the Room for an emergency exit. It provided one immediately and I began climbing up the spiral staircase that now occupied a fourth of the Room. I didn’t know where it led to, and I didn’t know fast I could climb it. The one thing I knew for sure, was that the ugly brown door had just opened, revealing a pair of emerald eyes.

Reviews 16
ChapterPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear