Search:

SIYE Time:19:53 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Need
By iluvfanfics

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 725
Summary: Their nightmares and demons bound them together. Their love helped them to survive. Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley knew they needed each other; the trouble was in admitting it.
Hitcount: Story Total: 277272; Chapter Total: 14817
Awards: View Trophy Room






ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 26

Harry knew the plan was simple, but that didn’t mean it still couldn’t go wrong. Everything hinged on timing. He and Snape would Portkey to the location, the tracing charm would be activated, the others would follow and Dumbledore and Bill Weasley would take down the wards. The crucial moments would be directly after Snape and Harry arrived. It was important that he be able to get to Ginny before Voldemort realized that Snape had betrayed him.

Harry felt the tingle of Hermione’s tracing charm wash over him, and he opened his eyes to find Ron and Hermione standing in front of him. Ron swallowed heavily, and Hermione’s eyes were shiny with tears.

“Guess this is it.” Harry tried to smile bravely, but he didn’t feel much like smiling.

“We’ll be right behind you, mate,” Ron said, thumping him lightly on the shoulder. “No worries.”

“It feels weird…to be going in there without you,” Harry confessed.

“To us too, Harry,” Hermione said sincerely. “But we’ll catch up.”

“Just — just take care of each other, all right?” Harry looked at them both anxiously. “I won’t be able to handle if anything happens to either one of you.” The admission cost him – he wasn’t usually so forward with his feelings except around Ginny. But Ron and Hermione had stuck with him from the beginning. They were always there for him – even when he was being a real git. They were his family – the only ones he’d claim anyway.

Hermione gave a soft sob and launched herself at him, hugging him tightly. Harry let her as he patted her back reassuringly. Surprisingly, Ron tugged her away and hugged Harry himself. It was a quick manly hug that was mostly arms and a few bone jarring thumps on the back, but it meant a lot to him.

Harry pulled back, trying not to let on that he was overcome with emotion. “I’ll get her back. I promise,” he said fiercely. “And then I’ll kill that bastard and we’ll all come back here and have a great party.”

“Deal,” Ron said promptly. “Dibs on the Ferret.”

“He’s all yours,” Harry grinned back.

Snape huffed impatiently from the corner, and Harry knew it was time. “I’ve got to go,” he said. “But I mean it, stay safe. Don’t get dead or I’ll get really mad and do something stupid.”

Ron smiled, but the smile didn’t reach his eyes. Harry accepted one last hug from Hermione and then walked over to stand with Snape.

The Potions professor rolled back his sleeve, exposing the ugly Dark Mark tattooed into his flesh and pulled out his wand. “Hold on to me tight, Potter. Wouldn’t want you to get lost along the way.”

Harry grasped Snape’s sleeve tightly with one hand and kept his wand fisted tight in the other. Snape pressed the tip of his wand to the Dark Mark and pressed hard; the snake in the tattoo began to move in and out of the skull faster and faster until the sight was mesmerizing.

Harry felt a familiar tug behind his navel, and just before the Portkey whisked them both away he looked back at Ron and Hermione. They were the last thing he saw before the Portkey took hold, and Harry found himself spinning through space. He kept his grip firmly on Snape’s sleeve, determined not to lose him, no matter how quickly he spun around.

They landed without fanfare in a hallway that Harry knew he recognized, but his brain felt fuzzy when he tried to recall where. He dropped Snape’s sleeve and instantly went on alert. He pressed himself against the wall, trying to melt back into the shadows. They both remained very still, waiting for any sign that someone knew Severus Snape had Portkeyed in with an extra person.

Finally, Snape leaned close and whispered in Harry’s ear so quietly that Harry had to strain to hear him. “He might not know yet, but he will soon. You need to move quickly and as quietly as you can. Ms. Weasley is most likely being kept in the basement where prisoners are usually guarded by two guards. You should have no trouble silencing them. Go. And quickly.”

Harry nodded and pulled his invisibility cloak out from underneath his robe where he’d stuffed it. The cloak settled over him, and Harry became invisible. Just as Snape passed him on his way downstairs, Harry reached out and grabbed the Professor’s wrist.

“Thank you,” he whispered softly. He wanted to say more, but the timing and their history was against them. Snape was risking his life to save Ginny and had played the role of a double agent with more finesse than Harry thought possible.

Snape nodded, his eyes gleaming pieces of hard coal in the darkened mansion. Harry didn’t wait around and moved quickly down the stairs towards the basement where Ginny awaited.

It didn’t take long to reach what he was sure was the lowest level. He stood very still in the shadow of a doorway and waited to make sure no one was coming after him before he moved again. He crept stealthily down the corridor towards the voices he heard around a corner. He peeked around the corner and saw the two guards Snape had said would be there. One of them had a large bandage wrapped hastily around his hand; the other had several scratches on his face.

“That little bitch nearly bit my hand off, and I think she bruised my throat,” the beefy blond one said hoarsely. His uninjured hand massaged his throat. “She fights like a cat.”

“I know,” his partner said grimly. “Look at what she did to my face.”

Harry found himself grinning in spite of the seriousness of the situation. He felt like crowing and pounding his chest with pride for his woman. Although, he reflected quickly, Ginny would probably have his head for such a display. He was glad that being Voldemort’s prisoner hadn’t diminished her temper; and that he’d had the good sense to pick a woman who could take care of herself.

Another quick peek revealed that both men had been foolish enough to leave their wands on a nearby table while they felt sorry for themselves. Harry crept closer one foot at a time. He forced himself to move slowly and control his breathing so that his excitement and fear wouldn’t betray him. He was positive the Death Eaters could hear his heart pounding.

Slowly, very slowly, Harry lifted the invisibility cloak and captured the two wands on the table. Then, before the Death Eaters knew what had hit them, he stunned them with his own wand.

Hurriedly, Harry grabbed the ring of keys from the blonde Death Eater’s belt. He cursed eloquently underneath his breath as he tried key after key in the lock. He was still under the invisibility cloak, but someone else could come and see the stunned bodies at any moment. One of the keys finally clicked, and Harry swung open the door.

“Ginny?”

She was sitting in the corner of the room, her forehead resting on her knees. She looked up, frightened, when he whispered her name.

Harry stepped into the room and whisked off the cloak. “Ginny!”

She gasped and forced herself to her feet. In two great strides, Harry reached her and gathered her into his arms. Lifting her off her feet, he hugged her, one arm around her waist, one hand cradling the back of her head as he buried his face in her neck.

“Ginny,” he croaked.

“Harry…gods, Harry, I knew you would come, I just knew it.” Ginny sniffled into his shoulder.

Now that he had her back, Harry knew he would never let her go again. It had only been a few hours since he’d seen her, but the thought of what Voldemort had been doing to her during that time had driven him nearly out of his mind. He hugged her closer, until Ginny shifted her weight so she could wrap her legs around his waist.

“Thank you,” she whispered in his ear. She then lifted her head and kissed him forcefully on the lips. Harry wanted to melt into her; to forget about where they were or why they were here and press her against the nearest wall. Fortunately, or unfortunately, his sense of self-preservation was stronger than his libido at the moment.

”Ginny,” he managed, when she stopped for air. “Help me.”

He set her down and hurried back to the door. “We’ve got to bring them inside,” he instructed, gesturing to the two stunned Death Eaters.

Ginny grinned when she saw her jailers knocked out on the floor. “Potter,” she said, bending down to grab one underneath the arms and dragging him into the room, “you are a man after my own heart.”

“I heard them whining about all their injuries,” he said, struggling to prop the heavy blonde one in the corner. “Nearly gave me a hard-on when I realized you must have done that to them.”

Ginny snorted and dumped her load unceremoniously on the floor, not even wincing when the man’s head cracked loudly against the stone.

Harry used his wand to tie the men’s hands and feet together and then, because Ginny requested it, tied them to each other in a rather compromising position after vanishing most of their clothes. He then locked the door behind them and cast a silencing charm on the area. Satisfied, he tucked his wand in his back pocket, stuffed the invisibility cloak back down his robes and turned to Ginny, his eyes suddenly flashing a dark green.

Harry’s relief at finding her alive had disappeared leaving only anger in its wake. He stepped menacingly towards her, his hands clenched into tight fists. Ginny, who had seen this look before, took an involuntary step backwards. Harry took another step and grasped her by the shoulders, anger written on every inch of his strained face.

“Don’t you ever, EVER, fucking do that again!” he shouted while shaking her forcefully.

“What else was I supposed to do, Harry?” she shouted back. “I couldn’t let them hurt more people! I couldn’t let them hurt you!”

She shoved his hands off her shoulders and glared at him. Her clothing was dirty and torn, mostly likely from the dungeon they’d thrown her in. Except for a bleeding gash on her temple and a slight tremor he was almost positive was from the Cruciatus curse, she looked little worse for wear.

“We could have beaten them,” he said harshly. “If you’d just given me a little more time – there was no need to sacrifice yourself! You could have been killed!”

“Harry,” Ginny shook her head. “They had us surrounded. They had Ron, Hermione, Luna, Neville and the entire town of Hogsmeade. The odds were against us and you know it! All they wanted was me – it was a small price to pay.”

“Small price!” Harry choked. “You’re very cavalier with your life!”

“Not cavalier, just smart! I know when I’m beat!”

“I would have fought to the death to keep them from you!”

“Then you would have died!” Ginny was shrieking now, but she didn’t care. “How is that supposed to make me feel better? Voldemort I can handle – you dying, not so much! This way we all lived to fight another day! You can’t deny you would have done the exact same thing, Harry!”

Harry knew he was being unreasonable, but he didn’t care. He felt his anger swell even more, but only because he knew she was right. He would have done the same thing – especially if it had meant saving her. He couldn’t deny her the right to do what he himself would have done without question.

Suddenly, a loud boom echoed outside the mansion and the ground underneath their feet shook. Harry had the startling realization that they were standing in the old Riddle House. This was where Voldemort had hatched his plan to kill Harry in the Triwizard Tournament; just outside and down the hill, Voldemort’s muggle father was buried in the cemetery where Voldemort had been returned to his body.

”What was that?” Ginny asked alarmed.

“The wards,” he guessed. “They must have fallen. Dumbledore and Bill were going to work on them after Snape brought me here.”

“Snape brought you here?”

Harry waved a hand impatiently. “I’ll tell you later.”

“Fine,” she said firmly. “But stop arguing with me, Harry; we have to go help and fight.”

“Fine,” he conceded. “I’ll drop it and never bring it up again on one condition.”

“Name it,” she said recklessly, “but hurry.”

“You have to agree to marry me.”

“Marry you? Marry you! You’re bringing this up now?” Ginny’s tone reached all new levels of incredulity.

“Marry. Me.”

“Harry, this isn’t the time -”

“Look,” he snapped. “In another life – a life where a dark wizard wasn’t trying to kill me and take over the world – you were mine from the beginning. We would have grown up together, fallen in love at school…done things the normal way. I cherished you. I adored you. I loved you till the end of time, Ginny POTTER. But I don’t get to have that life. So I’ll take you any fucking way I can get you. And I’ll not apologize for one moment of it.”

“A few fucking minutes, Gin. It might be all we have left.” He cupped her face between his hands. “This is who we are. Our destiny is almost upon us, and I don’t have any idea as to how it’s going to turn out. I love you and in this life, regardless of whether you think it’s the right time, I don’t want to walk out of this room to my death without knowing that you’ve chosen to be mine forever.”

“If one of us dies,” she whispered, her face pale between his hands, “none of the time we’ve spent together will have been enough.”

“I know, Fury,” his voice broke. “But I’ve loved you enough for two lifetimes. So, please, marry me. Say you will.”

“I will,” she said, a single tear rolling down her cheek. “I wanted to say yes days ago…I was afraid you weren’t going to ask again.”

“I would never have stopped asking, love,” he said tenderly.

Harry pulled her to him and covered her mouth with his. Her tears mingled with his own and they gripped each other tightly. Their tongues tangled fiercely as he held her head between his hands, his fingers tangling in her hair. Finally, Ginny whimpered, and he slid his mouth off of hers to press frantic kisses along her jaw line.

Ginny clutched at him, forgetting momentarily that Voldemort and certain death waited just outside the door. The love she felt for Harry was filling up every inch of her until she thought she would explode with the emotion. She was going to be his wife. Why had she thought this would be scary – to plan their future?

“I love you,” she whispered as he buried his face in her neck. “So much. Ginny Weasley loves Harry Potter, remember?”

He nodded and kept his face in her neck, swallowing heavily past the lump in his throat. A part of Harry had always known that Ginny would eventually agree to marry him, but he was still mostly amazed that she’d said yes.

He pulled back to look at her and was surprised at the emotion on her face. As they stared at each other, the fight just outside their door faded away until there was only Ginny. He felt a wave of love wash over him until it was almost a tangible thing. He felt as if they were already married – connected in every way possible. The feeling gave him new strength; he was stronger than he’d ever been before. The magic hummed in his veins and danced in the air around them.

In that moment, Harry and Ginny finally understood what Dumbledore had been trying to tell them. Love was a power unto itself. It could fuel magic, life and the world around them. They stared at each other in amazement as the knowledge poured into their brains and magic shimmered in the air around them. Ginny lifted her hand and stroked Harry’s cheek, watching in awe as magical sparks swirled on his skin where she touched him with her fingers. Harry felt her caress in the deepest part of his soul, and he groaned, leaning his head into her touch.

In wonder, Ginny touched his cheek with her other hand, cupping both sides of his face so that his skin was infused with a soft, golden glow. She could feel the love she felt for him running through her veins like liquid fire and pooling in the tips of her fingers where she was touching him. Harry’s arms lifted slowly, and he settled his hands on her waist. When they kissed, Ginny felt a jolt and stepped back in alarm. She knew Harry had felt it too when he touched his lips with his fingers.

His eyes closed and Ginny felt magical strength pour into her. She felt ready to take on the world; as if she could cast a spell just by thinking about it.

The door to the room shuddered, and Harry’s eyes flew open. The magical cloud that had surrounded them disappeared as they focused for the first time on their surroundings. A massive fight appeared to be going on over their heads. Ginny heard the shouts of spells being cast, and she felt for Harry’s hand.

“I don’t have my wand,” she said in a low voice.

“Oh, I almost forgot,” he said, feeling in his back jeans pocket. He pulled out a wand and handed it to her. “Your mum sent it. She says it was your father’s great-great-great-hell-I-lost-track-gran dmother’s.”

Ginny took it and felt the power sizzle up her arm while red and gold sparks glittered around them. “Elvina Weasley’s wand?” She whispered. The wand had been an icon in their family for generations; ever since Elvina Weasley, Ginny’s grandmother several times removed, had used it to protect her home from an invading army of goblins and giants. Elvina had died in the attempt, but she had single-handedly protected the Weasley family home, and the wand had been on display in Ginny’s Auntie Muriel’s home since. Once, when she was a small girl, Ginny had gotten the courage to pick up the wand. The wand had come to life when she touched it. The experience had scared her so much she had dropped the wand back on the pillow in fright and never touched it again.

“Whoa,” Harry whistled. “I’m no Ollivander, but I’d say that wand just chose you.”

Ginny gripped the wand tighter, and smiled grimly. “What’s the plan?”

“I’ve got to find Voldemort. It’s the only way to end this thing.”

“If I know Tom, he’s probably sitting back with Nagini while his Death Eaters do all the work. He’d only fight you or Dumbledore; everyone else would be a waste of his energy.”

“Any idea where he would be?”

Ginny tapped her new wand against her shoulder. “When Lucius brought me here we went into a really large room – must’ve been a ballroom at one time. Voldemort joined us from the dining room where he’d been holding court with some of his ‘advisors.’ I think I can find it again.”

“Great, let’s go.” Harry wished he could tell Ginny to say behind, to stay safe, but he loved her too much to ask her to be less than she was. He shoved his protective nature down and grabbed her hand.

”Wait.” Ginny dropped his hand and went over to Death Eaters in the corner. “One of them had a knife down his boot.” She patted each of their shoes until she found the one she was looking for and pulled the knife out before slipping it into her own boot. “Okay, we can go now.”

They’d just cleared the door when a loud explosion was heard around the corner, and a large cloud of dust made its way down the hallway.

“It must have been the stairs!” Harry coughed as involuntarily inhaled the dust. “Is there another way out?”

”Not that I know of,” she shouted back. “We’ll just have to climb up.” She cast a bubblehead charm on both of them, and they dived into the mess using mostly instinct to guide them until the dust settled. Debris littered their path, but they soon reached the staircase; or what had been the staircase. Now it was just a door that opened into nothing.

“Looks like someone got a little too happy with a Reducto curse,” commented Ginny.

“At least it was one of ours,” Harry said, nodding towards the corner where a body draped in Death Eater’s robes lay. He walked over and nudged the body with his foot. “Hey, it’s Vincent Crabbe.”

“How are we going to get up there? It’s too far to jump.” The entire flight of stairs had been blown away. If they could reach the door, they could make it to the first floor.

“I think I can use what’s left to climb up halfway,” Harry decided. “Then I’ll swing you up to the door, and you’ll help me up the rest of the way.”

He jumped a few feet in the air and caught a board that was part of the original framework of the stairs. He pulled himself up a few more feet until he had a good grip and his feet were secure before he reached down and grabbed Ginny’s outstretched hand. Harry swung her back and forth like a pendulum until he’d gained enough momentum to launch her up and over him towards the door. Ginny managed to grab the outer edge of the door and scramble through it before reaching back down for Harry.

That there was a battle on was obvious the moment they reached the main area of the house. Ginny saw Remus Lupin circling Fenir Greyback and Tonks battling a Death Eater she recognized as Dolohov. She and Harry moved quickly not wanting to get caught in the crossfire. As she led him to the dining room at the back of the house, she saw her father battling Lucius Malfoy and was only partially surprised to see her mother fighting a quickly weakening Bellatrix Lestrange. Molly Weasley had a gleam of triumph in her eye; Ginny felt like cheering.

She anxiously wondered where Ron and Hermione were and said so to Harry.

“They’re fine,” he said firmly. “They’re probably with Fred and George.”

The battle had spread throughout the house and the grounds as the Order of the Phoenix, Ministry Aurors and several people Ginny had never seen before, hunted down the remaining Death Eaters. Things were not going well for Voldemort. He was probably going to be really ticked off.

They soon reached the spot where Ginny suspected Voldemort was waiting for them – and if the way Harry was clutching his scar was any indication – he was pretty angry.

“Harry! Ginny!” Ron and Hermione came rushing up just as Harry had been about to open the door.

Relieved to see them, Ginny hugged them both quickly. “Is everyone else okay?”

“George got hit with a cutting curse in the side,” Ron gasped out. “Mum took him to the hospital.” His face broke into a sudden grin. “Right after she kicked Bellatrix’s arse.”

“We’re going after Voldemort,” Ginny said determinedly.

“None of you have to come in with me,” Harry said suddenly. “It’s got to be me anyway.”

Three pairs of eyes glared back at him. “We’re going with you, Harry,” Hermione said fiercely. “So don’t even pull that shite with us.”

Harry didn’t know whether to laugh or cry at her display. Luckily Ron took the decision out of his hands. He swept Hermione up in his arms and kissed her so hard, Harry thought he might have left bruises. “Woman, I love it when you curse,” Ron said in a low voice.

Hermione blushed and shoved Ron back. “Not now, Ronald!” But he grinned at her and she smiled back. Ginny shifted her weight impatiently.

“Let’s just get this over with!”

Harry took a deep breath and opened the door. The four friends stepped through and immediately stopped at the sight of Voldemort standing in front of the fire, his back to them.

The Dark Lord lifted his head.

“So, Harry Potter. You have come at last.”


Reviews 725
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear