Search:

SIYE Time:20:46 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Truth About Neverland
By GINNY__POTTER258

- Text Size +

Category: Peter Pan Challenge (2007-4)
Characters:None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 6
Summary: Ginny is whisked away in a dream to neverland where she learns that you can't force someone to do anything...like grow up. The one thing she doesn't count on learning however, is The truth About Neverland...Un-beta version but thanks to sapphire200182 for a last minute beta which i'll change when the challenge closes.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3024



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
My first challenge Fic! : )




ChapterPrinter


***The Truth About Neverland***

I looked up from my chair at the sound of Ginny snapping her transfiguration book shut with a sigh. She had her first O.W.L tomorrow and she was quite worried that she hadn't studied enough. Even though she'd been following a timetable Hermione made for her.

"Something the matter Gin?" I asked.

"No Harry. Nothing at all. I'm just tired."

"Perhaps it'd be best if we all headed back to Gryffindor tower now." I suggested, hoping my thoughts would fall upon deaf ears.

"Sorry what was that Harry?" Inquired Hermione, who had been otherwise pre-occupied with Ron on the loveseat.

"No way, mate. Common room's probably packed at this hour." said Ron.

I'd have been quite embarrassed by the flush rising on Ron and Hermione's cheeks from a good snog had Ginny not accompanied us to the room of requirement tonight. Even if it was just to study somewhere quieter then the common room and less packed then the library.

"Would you like me to walk you back to your dorm Gin? Ginny?" I reached over and leaning against the arm of the chair I looked at her. It appeared that Ginny had fallen asleep already. Leaving me to once more as the third wheel. Only now I wouldn't have mere conversations with Ginny to distract me from the awkwardness that was Ron and Hermione.

As I turned back to my quidditch magazine I wondered if Ginny happened to be dreaming. And secretly wished that if she was, it was a dream about me.

*****

I floated softly over the bluest sea I’d ever seen. So blue it could only exist in dreams. Yet as I peered down at its glossy surface I got the feeling this wasn't just a dream. It all seemed so real. And there not too far off the shore were the scruffiest looking boys i ever did see. They looked ridiculous really. Dressed up in scraps of torn fabric and leaves.

"Take that! And that! And that!" yelled one of the boys. Curious I floated over to take a closer look. Only to recognize them as Ron, Fred, George and Percy. And was that Hermione? Why were they calling her Princess Tiger Lily?

"Bloody Hell! That Indian gave me a snake bite." said the one I recognized as Ron.

"Do you want me to kiss it and make it feel better?" Asked the one who looked like Fred.

"No, you prat! It still hurts is all."

"We gentlemen seem to have a visitor."

"Now Percy, we've told you..." started George.

"Just because we got you lost..." Continues Fred.

"And are the reasons your here in the first place..."

"Is no reason to talk in tongues..."

"That no one can understand!"

"Besides Ron's handling it fine. Aren't you Ronnie?"

"If you too are quite done, perhaps you'd like to show interest to the stranger listening in to our conversation?" explained Percy.

"Well why didn't you just say that in the first place?"

"Then the Indians wouldn't have had enough time to sneak away with Princess Tiger Lily!"

"Please come here and sit down." requested the ever polite Percy.

I softly landed on a tree stump. Marveled at why they were dressed as they were. We may be poor but that's pushing it a bit. Even for our standards.

"Don't you fly away from me!" Said Ron, who apparently wasn't so bothered by his arm anymore.

"Now what are you doing here stranger?" questioned George.

"I don't know actually. Wait, don't you recognize me? Fred, George, Ron, Percy?"

"Recognize you? But we've only just met. Who are those people? I'm Michael and that's John and their twins." stated Ron...or Michael rather. "And were the lost boys."

"Let’s Kill her! I think it's a Wendy-bird."

"No, my name is Ginny." I protested. "And I’m not a bird."

"Let's take her back to the tree house to Peter. He'll know what to do."

"But then she'll know where the tree house is." Said Percy...John.

"Then we'll go with my plan and kill her." Said one of the twin’s excitedly.

"I'll let you tie me up."

"Tie you up? Why that's-" Started Ron, no Michael.

"A brilliant idea! If she can't see she'll never know the way to the tree house. Hurry grab some vines and leaves to cover her eyes." said Percy/John.

"Yeah, tie her up and I thought we were the good guys." mumbled a twin.

"Oh, just do it." grumbled John. “And by the way, welcome to Neverland."

*****

"Harry? Is that really you?"

"Who's Harry? I'm Peter. Pan. And you are?"

"I'm Ginny."

"No, no your not. I've seen you before. At your house, you tell stories to your brothers...your name is Wednesday...no that's not It." mumbled Harry...Peter. "Ah, I remember! It's Wendy. Boys welcome Wendy I’ve brought her here to tell stories and be your mother! Oh the cleverness of me!

"I’ve always wanted a mother."

"Please won't you be our mother?"

"I really don't have any experience..."

"But Peter said you tell stories...you do tell stories don't you?"

"Oh, please say you do. For we do enjoy stories!"

"Well, yes I do tell stories, but I’m not sure-"

"Then you'll be perfect! Oh please be our mother!"

"Very well then. I'll try it."

"YAY! Mother, I do believe you've met father?!"

"Father?" I questioned

"Aye. Father" said Peter.

"Peter, we were fighting the savages earlier and we saw the pirates. We think their up to something."

"Pirates? We’ll surprise then with an early attack! Everyone grab your weapons. “Declared Peter.

"Har...Peter! What weapon shall i use?" I asked.

"Wendy, Mothers do not fight, they leave that up to the boys and fathers. For surely they don't know how."

"Try me Peter. I'm as good a fighter as any boy is.'

I didn't even realize that he'd tossed me a sword, or that I was fighting back. Defending myself. I suppose that fight I had with George where I walloped him with Fred's beater's bat paid off because Peter deemed me capable enough to come. And Mother said violence would never pay off.

*****

"Peter, Help!" yelled the lost boys.

It was only Peter and I now. The lost boys had all been tied up to the main mass. I wasn’t able to see what happened next as the pirate I was fighting; Alf Mason I do believe stepped in front of me. What a sight that was. I heard that he was so ugly that his mother sold him for a bottle of Muscat. His own Mother!

The next thing I knew he had me by the throat. Thankfully Peter got him tied to the main mass with the rest of the pirates. I never realized how beautiful his smile was before.

But then the captain's door burst open with a band, In two quick strides the man was upon him and cut his back with a strike of his arm. And there where his hand should have been was a hook.

"Peter!"

"It's Hook! Boys now we fly!" yelled a twin.

I felt two hands grab me roughly and pull me into the sky. "Let me go! Peter!" I screamed.

But I wasn't released not until we made it back to the tree house.

"Hook" Michael explained "Is nasty dangerous. Nobody fights him except Peter. He's the only one who can beat him."

'Hook'. His resemblance to Snape was uncanny. The only difference was he had a hook for a hand. And his eyes. Hook's eyes glowed red while Snape's eyes were as dark as the midnight sky.

"Will...will he be okay?" I asked.

"Why mother how ever could you doubt my fighting ability?"

"Peter! You're okay." I yelled as I pulled him into my arms. He smelled of salt water. “I was so worried! I didn't know what happened...your back! How are you? Goes it hurt?"

"Uh, don't worry it's just a scratch. I'll be fine. Now boys good once again triumphs over evil. I've finally done it. I pushed Hook right off of his ship and the crocodile came and swallowed him whole. Then he licked his lips for more!"

"Peter are you sure you’re okay? Maybe I should look at the cut-"

"Why don't we go find the fairies? Tink has been missing for a few days now."

"What's a 'Tink'? Fairies? But Peter surely there's no such thing as-"

"Don't" exclaimed Peter. "Every time someone says that a fairy somewhere drops down dead. And I should never see her if she's dead. Tinkerbell" he continued "is my fairy."

*****

"Oh how sweet. Is Tinkerbell attending the fairy ball too Peter?" I asked

"She’s the one just to the left of the king and queen but you can meet her after. Now mother would you care to join me for a dance?"

"Yes, father. I do believe I will." And with that we took into the air holding each other closely as we slowly spun. Merlin. Is Harry ever handsome when he smiles? Not Harry, Peter. Harry would never ask me to dance. "Peter? What are your intentions? Your feelings?"

"What do you mean Wendy? What feelings?"

"Do you have any feelings at all for me Peter?" His jaw became tight as soon as I’d asked.

Please say yes. Please say yes. Please say-

"No."

"Oh" I'm sinking! Why am I sinking? Harry- no Peter must have noticed that I’m slowly running out of happy thoughts but if he did he didn't show it.

"Wendy are you okay? It was only make believe, wasn't it Wendy? I can't be a real father. Only men have children and I’m still quite young, so it can't be real. It'd make me appear so old."

"Don't you ever want more Peter?"

"I have everything I want right here Wendy, sword fighting, Tinkerbell, the lost boys.."

"You don't ever want to fall in love?" Don't cry now. Don't cry.

"I don't know what that is."

"You don't know what love is? Surely you must Peter. Everyone knows love."

"Well I don't know what love is. And i don't want to. You can't make me."

“I want to go home now Peter. But you could come with me. There's always room at the burrow.” I cried.

"Wendy, I can't-"

"I'm not Wendy, I'm Ginny!" I sobbed. "Come with me Peter. And never look back."

"I never want to leave this place. You can't catch me and make me come with you."

"Peter!" I screamed as he took off. Unable to muster a happy thought to fly I headed in what I hoped was the direction of the tree house.

*****

I once again looked up from my quidditch magazine to check on Ginny who was now squirming so much she slipped off her chair. Ron and Hermione once again failed to notice anything other then each other's lips, so I got up and gently shook her shoulder. Well as gently as you can shake someone who's practically convulsing on the floor. “Gin? Ginny?"

"Peter" she screamed, getting Ron and Hermione to jump apart.

"What's she talking about Harry? No way Pettigrew could be here." said Ron.

"I dunno Ron. She just started shaking and fell to the floor."

"Is she alright?" Asked Ron, as he ran to his sister's side. "Ginny? Ginny wake up!"

Knowing Ron was with her I sunk back into my chair. What was happening? I'd like nothing more then to hold her tight in my arms and never let go. But that can never happen. It would make her a target and if I had to see her suffer... I couldn't stand to know I’m the reason for her pain.

"She's awake! Ginny Ginny, are you alright?" shouted Ron.

"I'm fine. It was just a bad dream." Ginny said. Dare I look at her? I leaned forward slightly in my chair. "Harry you're still here!"

"I never left Gin." I responded.

"Oh, Harry. I have to tell you. I can't hold it in anymore. Harry, I love you." Ginny said as she wiped her eyes on the back of her hand. “Harry please say something."


"I don't know what love is Ginny." I lied. "And if don't want to know. You can't make me."


"I think you do know what love is Harry." cried Ginny.


"No Ginny. I can't" I exclaimed through barred teeth.


"Why not Harry? What's there to lose?"


"Love has only caused me pain; those I have ever loved have all died."


"Tom can't be around forever Harry."


"Yes, Ginny he can" I spat "How wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying. Even if I do happen to kill him before he kills me there will still be those loyal to him. And as long as we remember him he'll be immortal. I can't...won't let him hurt you Ginny. Not again. "

"Tell me once that you love me and I’ll live off of it for the rest of my life," sobbed Ginny.

"You can't catch me and make Me." and with that I ran. Ran from the only one I'll ever love. But she'll move on, she'll love another. And one day she'll eventually get married and have children. Something I’ll never know. But it's better off this way. I guess Hermione was right all along when she said I liked playing the hero. I have a tendency of walking into traps and Ginny Weasley was the hardest one to ever have to escape from. Only for once I did it for someone one other then myself. I did it for Ginny.

*****

Dear Diary,

It's taken me quite some time to come to terms with what happened that day. Sometimes when I look into the sky I swear I can see Peter there watching over me. I still don't know if my dream was just that a dream. I must say I love both Harry and Peter. I think Peter is simply the alter ego of Harry supplied by my own twisted imagination or perhaps the most magical room there ever was. Not Even Hermione could figure out what happened. I think she's forced herself to believe it was all a crazy dream of mine. I'm not so sure. I still can't believe how real it felt. And after Harry left I found some leaves...the same peter wore in Harry's chair as well as a short dagger. But I think I’ve finally discovered the most truth I’ll ever be able to figure out about this whole twisted affair. The truth about Neverland is that while it's perfectly acceptable to go there for a while we can never stay. No matter how hard we try we all have to grow up. Except for one person. Peter is Harry’s other half and while he refuses to grow up Harry stays a child as well. And a child simply can not understand love. But a day will never come that I don't hope that Peter decides to grow up. But then again never is an awfully long time.

Ginny Weasley

*****

A.N.- "How wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying" is a quote from the song "our lady of sorrows" by my chemical romance off of their "i brought you my bullets, you brought me your love" debut album. Easily one of the greatest songs about friendship there ever was! Also gerard says it's his favorite quote...back to harry potter...kinda. The whole alter ego of Harry's was also inspired by My chemical romance only this is from their last album "The Black parade" which they say is their alter-ego's.

The part where Ginny says "Tell me once that you love me and I’ll live off of it for the rest of my life," is from the 'gone with the wind' movie. I'm not sure if the quote is exact as i wrote it from memory but i fairly certain it's correct. when scarlet is talking to ashley in the library and rhett is listening in.

Please leave a comment this is my first challenge fic and it'd be very much appreciated! : )
Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear