Search:

SIYE Time:12:33 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Reconciliation
By wolverinemarine

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:None
Genres: General, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 7
Summary: Set after the last chapter; pre epilogue. Through all that he is feeling after the battle, Harry is able to move forward and reconnect with loved ones.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6277



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
first timer here- all feedback appreciated




ChapterPrinter


Harry, Ron, and Hermione left the headmaster’s office, and headed towards the Gryffindor common room. Feeling exhaustion, grief, hunger, but most of all relief, Harry hoped the tower would be empty, and he could go up to his dormitory without any detours. Visibly shaken, Hermione was the first to speak.

“I can’t believe it’s finally over.”

“I know,” said Harry.

Harry could not thank his two best friends enough for everything they did for him. They had been through so much together, and he knew that he couldn't have done any of it without them. They made their way back to the tower through all the wreckage in silence; Ron holding Hermione’s hand and his other hand rested on Harry’s shoulder.

The Fat Lady’s portrait swung open for them without waiting for the password, and they stepped into the welcoming, familiar common room. The only people there were Bill, Charlie, Percy, and Mr. Weasley, sitting in chairs around the fire, and George, who sat on the floor staring into the fire. Mrs. Weasley and Ginny, who had been seated against a wall, rose as they walked in. The absence of Fred made Harry feel like he had been kicked in the stomach. Mrs. Weasley approached them with tears lining her cheeks.

“Oh, thank God you are alright.”

She hugged Ron and Hermione, then started sobbing as she hugged Harry. Harry really had no idea what to say.

“I’m so sorry,” was all he could manage, looking into Mrs. Weasley’s tear-stained face.

“Harry, we could not be any more proud of you,” she said.

Mr. Weasley came over and hugged Harry as well. Then Bill, Charlie, and Percy came over and shook Harry’s hand. George still sat by the fire, as if in shock.

Harry sought Ginny; she was looking at him through her bright brown eyes with a mixture of exhaustion, love, and uncertainty. As he looked into her eyes, she moved closer and he took her into his arms. Of all the emotions Harry had been feeling, knowing he had all the time in the world to spend with Ginny overwhelmed him. Everyone else silently moved back towards the fire, leaving them holding each other in embrace. Slowly, Ginny broke apart, and looked up into Harry’s eyes. There would be time to rest, eat, grieve, and even celebrate, but now was the time for Ginny to know the whole story.

Harry wordlessly led Ginny towards the secluded dormitory, and no one questioned them as Ginny took his hand as they went up the stairs. Harry closed the door behind him, and sat down on his bed next to Ginny. He looked into her eyes and reached up to wipe away the dried tear tracks that lined her face. As she gazed back, she took his hand in hers, and Harry took a deep breath.

“Listen, Ginny, I’m sorry about all that I put you and your family through.” She opened her mouth to protest, but Harry went on, still looking into her eyes.

“I am so sorry about Fred, and for what everyone else had to endure.” She tried again, but he trudged on.

“I feel like it’s all my fault, that-“

At this Ginny said, “Harry, no one feels that way.”

“But if I had gone after Voldemort alone, no one else would have been hurt.”

“Harry, this is a war, and we were all willing to fight to defeat him.” She went on, “Harry, I’m not mad about you, Ron, and Hermione leaving me and going to track him down, either. I know you did it to protect me, and that Dumbledore left you to finish the job.”

Harry bowed his head quickly, and then he looked back at her and said, “I still owe you an explanation.”

She looked up at him and he started to recount everything- the night in the graveyard, the meaning of the prophesy, and about Voldemort’s horcruxes and their journey to destroy them. When he reached the part about him finding out he had a part of Voldemort’s soul in him and that he was a horcrux, she gasped and squeezed his hand, but remained silent. He told her about Snape being good all along, and his walk through the forest. He told her that her blazing look was the last thing he saw before he willingly sacrificed himself. At this, silent tears rolled down both their cheeks, and Harry stopped to hold her.

“So we had to destroy the horcruxes, and the fact that I let him kill me to keep others safe destroyed that fragment of his soul, and also kept me alive.”

She looked up again, and she had that blazing look in her eyes. Harry felt a huge weight come off his chest in telling her all of this, and he couldn’t help but smile.

“And yes, I wanted to protect you…because I love you.”

She gave him a searching look, but did not hesitate.

“I love you, too.”

He kissed her lightly on the lips, and she allowed him to deepen their embrace. He felt like he had a terrible illness, and the only cure was Ginny. His heart began racing as he felt her hands move up on his chest. He was ready to explore further, but she broke apart.

She was smiling, and Harry grinned back at her.

“I love you, Harry James Potter.”

“I love you too, Ginevra Molly Weasley.”

Cured, Harry laid back and dozed off into a well deserved nap- Ginny lying peacefully in his arms. A new feeling flooded Harry- hope.



Harry awoke with Ginny still asleep in his arms. He softly kissed her forehead, and went over to the dormitory door. As he peered into the common room, he saw it was empty. Glancing at his watch, he saw they had slept through the entire day and that everyone must have gone down to supper.

Not wanting to wake Ginny, he pulled out the Elder Wand and remembered his job to replace it in Dumbledore’s tomb. Ginny stirred and seemed to be longing for something in her sleep. Unable to find it, she woke with Harry smirking at her from across the room.

“Hi there,” he said, unable to suppress his grin.

“Harry, you know my reputation with the Bat-Bogey Hex, don’t you?” she said, also smiling.

Harry went back to the bed, put his arm around her waist, and greeted her with a kiss. She reached for his hand.

“Harry, let's go meet up with the rest of the family.”

“Well, it’s about time for dinner, so I guess we could check the Great Hall.”

They got up and made their way through the deserted common room and towards the Great Hall. The hallways were still cluttered with debris, and void of anyone. Eventually, they spotted Ron and Hermione holding hands, exiting the Great Hall.

Catching Ginny’s eye, Harry could not help smiling. But Ron seemed agitated when Harry and Ginny approached. Harry guessed that it had something to do with him being up in the dormitory for so long with his little sister. Ginny got the hint, but did not release Harry’s hand. She started to lead Harry into the Great Hall, but Harry hung back.

“I have to talk to Ron and Hermione. I’ll be right in,” Harry said.

She squeezed his hand, and then left into the hall to find her family.

“Ron, nothing happened up there- I just decided to tell her everything and then we just- fell asleep together.”

Ron looked like he was about to flare up at him, but Hermione squeezed his arm.

“But then we came straight down here to find everyone,” Harry said, almost pleading.

“I know you would never do anything to hurt Ginny, and we are happy for you,” he said. "Speaking of that, I guess Hermione and me are sort of together too,” Ron said, smiling.

“Well, I think I can speak for just about everyone when I say ‘About time’," said Harry.

Laughing, the three of them headed out towards the grounds, and Harry pulled out the Elder Wand again. He went to put it back in Dumbledore’s tomb, the turned back to Ron and Hermione.

“I guess that’s it…” he said.

“Yeah, now we can go home,” said Hermione.

The trio walked back up to the remnants of the castle, back to everyone in the Great Hall. Though saddened by all the loss, Harry was ready to live a life free from fear, free from Voldemort, and a life that he was hopeful about.



Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear