Search:

SIYE Time:12:58 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Hooked
By Mojomig

- Text Size +

Category: Peter Pan Challenge (2007-4)
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 11
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Ginny Weasley's tired mind dreams of a crazy adventure, of flying beyond the stars, a strangely dressed shadow, mothering six red-haired lost boys and fighting pirates called Albus and Severus. Not to mention Harry's beautiful green eyes.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3021



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Well, this is just the best challenge ever, so I wrote a first chapter within a few hours of reading the scenario. Hey number 4, I hope this makes you smile. M.




ChapterPrinter


Molly Weasley quietly folded closed the book she had been reading to her children. 'The 27th Annual African Hippopotamus Race' was the favourite story of her youngest child, James John, who had fallen asleep only a few pages in. Her middle child, Remus Michael had also fallen asleep during her recitation; only Ginny Wendy, the eldest at fifteen was still awake.

The Weasleys were not a rich family, by any means, so the three children all slept in the one room, along with their big, black shaggy dog, Sirius, who went with them everywhere and guarded them like a nanny.

Molly whispered goodnight to her daughter, and slipped out of the bedroom, closing the door behind her. Ginny turned to look out of the gap in the curtains, out into the blue-black night sky, its stars twinkling, high above the streets of Kensington. As she stared out at the heavens, a muffled thump sounded over by the window, followed by the noise of someone mumbling.

"Shadow! Shadow! Get back here now."

"Shadow is sorry, Harry Potter. But Harry Potter must not go back to Neverland." The second voice was much squeakier than the first. Suddenly, two figures burst out into the room. The first was very small, perhaps about two feet high, with huge bat like ears and great big eyes. The second figure, which was stumbling after the first and desperately trying to catch it, was, Ginny could see, a boy.

Reaching over and turning on the lamp on her bedside table, Ginny whispered authoritatively and as loudly as she dared.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my bedroom?"

Ginny was sitting up in her bed now, and as the boy turned slowly to face her, she caught her first look at him.

"Oh…my…"

The boy appeared to be a little older than she was, strong and lean, with long, messy black hair and eyes that were so impossibly beautiful.

"I…" began the boy, but he seemed to by having a similar reaction as she was. The girl in front of him was a vision of beauty, young, slender with gorgeous brown eyes and amazing fiery red hair.

The small figure, who had been called Shadow by the boy, leapt up onto Ginny's bed, startling her out of the reverie she had been lulled into by the boy's green eyes.

"We is sorry to disturbing you, Miss. But Shadow is trying to stop his master Harry Potter going back to Neverland."

Now the creature was up on her bed and caught by the light of her lamp, she could see clearly that he was a house elf, albeit a strangely dressed one. Ginny had been under the impression that house elves wore tea towels, or pillowcases, but this one was sporting a fluorescent pink knitted hat, a tiny orange Chudley Cannons jersey, green shorts and mismatched Christmassy socks. In fact, this elf reminder her of someone, but she couldn't think who.

The boy had also found his voice again, and apologised for disturbing her.

"I was sitting on the ledge listening to your mother read the story about the hippos, when Shadow here decided to try and force me into agreeing not to go back to Neverland."

"But where is Neverland?" Ginny asked. "And why shouldn't you go back?"

"Because," squeaked Shadow, "great danger lurks, a plot to capture and kill Harry Potter is being hatched, evil plans and dastardly deeds…"

"Quit being melodramatic, Shadow, and pipe down for a while. In answer to your other question, Miss, Neverland is a world beyond the stars, and it is also my home, and I will be returning; there are people there who need me"

"If this land is beyond the stars, how do you get there?" enquired Ginny, who was captivated by this handsome boy named Harry Potter, and equally enthralled by tales of a land beyond the stars.

"By broomstick of course," laughed the boy. "How else would you fly somewhere?"

"So you just fly off into the stars on broomsticks, do you? That's preposterous. For a start, it'd be too cold, and everyone knows that the Ministry restricts broomstick flying to an altitude of seventeen thousand four hundred and six feet."

"Begging your pardon, Miss, but you are forgetting to take into account something crucial."

"What?"

"Pixie dust."

"Pixie dust?"

"Pixie dust."

"You sound like my friend Luna," muttered Ginny to her self.

"Well, er…"

"Ginny."

"Well, Ginny. It was enchanting to meet you, but Shadow and I must be on our way. Come Shadow, get the brooms out."

"Must you go?" cried Ginny, sadly. She didn’t want the handsome boy to leave so soon, in fact, she rather liked the idea of gazing into his incredible green eyes for the rest of eternity. He was still standing at the foot of her bed, so, trying to encourage him to stay longer, she put on her sultriest voice, and patted the bed.

"Please come here and sit down."

The soft voice and the large brown eyes were too much for Harry to resist, and he silently stepped round to the side of Ginny's bed and sat down beside her.

"I really can't stay. I have to get back and look after the Lost Boys."

"The Lost Boys?" Ginny asked. "Who are they?"

"Six brothers, orphans, who I found in London one night. They had no family, no food, no place to live. I took them with me to Neverland so I could look after them. They are at least safer now, and fed. I can just about manage to be a father to them, but they really lack the guiding hand of a mother figure."

Moved by the sad story of the six orphan boys, Ginny couldn't resist blurting out the notion that popped into her head.

"Take me with you!"

"What?"

"Take me with you. I could be their mother figure. I mean, I look after my brothers all the time, and this place is just boring really…"

As Ginny went on, explaining to Harry why she should be taken to Neverland with him, her voice became louder as her justification became more passionate. Inevitably, her brothers awoke.

"Whassgoingon?" called Remus, groggily.

"Ginny? Who's that man?" asked a sleepy James.

"Remus, James," replied Ginny, "This is Harry Potter and his house elf, Shadow. They are going to take us to a world beyond the stars, called Neverland."

"Hey! I never said…"

"Oh shush, Harry. You can't say no now, look how excited the boys are."

Harry saw that the two younger boys were already leaping out of bed and looking for clothes to where, whilst grinning from ear to ear and whispering to each other about adventures and magic. The commotion in the room had disturbed the slumbering Sirius, as well, and he yawned, stretched and padded over to give Shadow a sniff.

"Now then," began Ginny, when James and Remus were dressed and waiting excitedly at the end of their beds. "Harry, will you get the boys ready on the brooms outside the window so that I can get dressed. I've no doubt that you'd like to but there's no way you'll be getting a look at my unmentionables this evening. Oh, and please can we take Sirius as well?"

"Who is Sirius?" asked Harry, who was feeling distinctly railroaded at this moment in time.

"Woof!"

"I see," replied Harry. "Shadow, I think we'd better use the carpet."

"Very well, master Harry Potter. If we must go, we must. But when something dire happens, I'm going to do the 'I told you so' dance."

"Just get the carpet ready outside the window, Shadow."

A few minutes later, Shadow, Remus, James and Sirius were all sat on a thick, blue square of carpet that hovered a few feet from the bedroom window. Harry was astride his Firebolt broomstick, trying to peek through the miniscule crack in the curtains into the bedroom beyond, where the incredibly beautiful Ginny Weasley was changing out of her pyjamas into more suitable attire for a flight into the stars to a strange new land.

In surprisingly short order, Ginny was dressed and pulling open the curtains to allow herself access to the open window. Harry was a little disappointed not to have seen even the tiniest sliver of bare flesh, but he was keen to be going so he did not dwell on it. He gallantly helped Ginny onto the spare Firebolt he had waiting, before sprinkling everyone liberally with golden pixie dust.

Four children, one elf and a dog zoomed off into the night, towards Neverland, a place full of excitement, danger, laughter and adventure.
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear