Search:

SIYE Time:21:41 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Softly, As I Leave you
By Spidey

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:All
Genres: Angst, Drama, Songfic
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 10
Summary: Leaving her is the hardest thing he has to do.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3820



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
this is my favourite one ever! i think this one is brilliant! i cried while writing this, so i hope it touches you too. please R&R, always valued.

the song is sung, most recently, by the wonderful Michael Buble, it was his version i was listening to while writing this. so i dont own the song, jsut my plot.




ChapterPrinter


The house was silent.

A boy sat on the edge of a bed, looking down on his love, watching her sleep. He had to leave soon, though his heart ached. He watched in wonder at the red headed beauty before him, he watched as her dreams carried her to another place where she wouldn’t be harmed. He watched silently as she moved her head on the pillow, and as a small, content smile played on her beautiful face.

He couldn’t bear to wake her. He wanted so desperately to hold her in his arms, remember every little detail of her delicate body, drink in her beauty and surround himself with her love before he had to tear himself away from her. Before his heart should break and before her arms begged him to stay. He had to watch over her, he had to know she was sleeping peacefully before he had to leave.

He had to leave her. For her safety and her life, he had to leave her. That was proving the hardest thing he would ever have to do. He had to walk away from her, he had to leave.

‘Damn this war,’ he thought. He gently lay on the bed next to her, taking up a strand of her hair, he let it flow through his fingers. It felt like silk and smelled like strawberries. He looked at her angelic face and saw the freckles that were dusted upon it, he had memorized every one, gave them all their own names, he remembered how she had laughed when he told her that. In all, she had 62 freckles lightly dusted over her porcelain face.

~*~*~*~
Softly, I will leave you softly
For my heart would break if you should wake and see me go
So I leave you softly, long before you miss me
Long before your arms can beg me stay
For one more hour or one more day
~*~*~*~

He ran his fingers over her lips and smiled when she pouted. For some reason she had always done that when he pressed his finger to her lips. She shivered slightly as a light breeze came tumbling through her window, as the curtains blew eerily. He moved her blanket up over her shoulder. He ran his hand down her body, his hand came to rest on her hip. He pulled himself closer to her, feeling her body against his and marvelling at how well they fit together. They just seemed to melt into one another, as if they were ying and yang. He knew that this was where he belonged, in her arms for all eternity. He blinked his eyes a few times, willing himself not to cry. Leaving her would be the hardest thing he would ever have to do in his life. He didn’t want to go. Damn it! Why couldn’t he just stay here, wrapped in her arms forever? Damn the world, damn Voldemort, he can go to hell for all he cared, he just wanted to be wrapped in her arms, safe from danger. He wanted to be happy and content, not feeling like he would be ripped apart whenever he had to be away from her. His already beaten and bruised heart wouldn’t be able to leave her, even though he knew it was inevitable. He could feel the cracks start to appear in his heart. Then the tears came, one at a time. He had cried before, he had felt pain, but never like this. He felt as if his whole body was being ripped and torn. His resolve was growing weaker and weaker, but he had to leave.

He couldn’t bear to be away from her for a minute, she was his oxygen, keeping his distance from her since Dumbeldore’s funeral and at the wedding was exhausting. It began to diminish his soul. Every night he went to bed with images of her haunting his dreams. If she felt this much pain at being apart as he was, he wondered how she could handle it, he felt like the life had been sucked out of him, sometimes he had trouble breathing, he’d get anxious and feel like he was drowning, but she didn’t show any symptoms at all, not one. Harry had to wonder if she really was as affected by their break up as he was.

~*~*~*~
After all the years, I can't bear the tears to fall
So, softly as I leave you there
Softly, long before you kiss me
Long before your arms can beg me stay
For one more hour or one more day
~*~*~*~

One night she had come to him, she had told him everything, sometimes she was unable to breathe, she felt like the world was pressing down upon her, she would have panic attacks. ‘This has never happened before’ she told him ‘what’s wrong with me,’ she pleaded. They talked and worked out that what they needed was each other to function somewhat normally. They seemed to heal from that night on.

But Harry knew it was only a matter of time before he should go, before he had to fight for is life and for hers. He knew she despised the thought of being left behind, but after he had explained everything to her in every tiny detail, she had known that she needed to stay, she knew she would cause Harry much pain and grief if she was to be there with him, in harms way. She agreed, for his sake, she would stay. He cried with relief.

He looked down at her now, she had slept through everything, a wistful smile still on her face, dreaming, oblivious to Harry or the pain he was in. He spent his last moments with her. He was supposed to leave at midnight, but that had long passed. He could hear Ron and Hermione in the next room. ‘At least they have each other,’ he thought bitterly, Harry had to leave Ginny behind. Tears came rolling down his face again as he tightened is hold on his red-headed jewel. She was a gift, and when he came back, he would give her the gift of a safe and uneventful, danger-free life. He would fight for her protection, her life, even if his was to be lost. He would give her his love, his heart, he would give her the gift of marriage and children and a happy home.

Because, she was his gift.

Faint sun rays broke through the dark room, he looked at Ginny as the sunlight played upon her hair, casting all kinds of gold and red to emerge in her hair, she stirred in his arms and snuggled closer.

It was time for him to leave.

He gently placed a kiss upon her lips and buried his head in her hair. He moved himself out of her arms and gently got off the bed so as not to disturb her. Pink and orange was now colouring the sky, it was going to be a beautiful day, and he had to leave her. He bent down and pressed a kiss on her head, whispered “I love you” and left her to dream.

He closed the door and found Ron and Hermione waiting outside her bedroom door. They saw his red, puffy eyes, and Ron pulled him into a hug, as did Hermione. Slowly, they crept out of the house and started their journey.

They were in the backyard when a breeze pushed on their backs, and Harry heard the words “I love you” he had whispered not too long ago. He turned around to see her standing at her bedroom window watching them go. He looked up with tears in his eyes as she waved and blew him a kiss, a watery smile on her beautiful face.

“I love you,” he whispered to the wind, he knew she had heard him. Leaving her would be the hardest thing he had to do in his life, but he knew he would always be in her arms. Turning his back on her, he disappeared.

Ginny watched him go.

~*~*~*~
After all the years, I can't bear the tears to fall
So, softly as I leave you there
As I leave I you there
As I leave I you there
~*~*~*~
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear