Search:

SIYE Time:14:35 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Hide and Seek
By Lamia

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 11
Summary: As Harry and Ginny spend time together making new memories they learn how hard it can sometimes be to think of the old - A HBP missing moment.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5674



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I wrote this missing moment to make up for the lack of Harry/Ginnyness in the Half Blood Prince. This one is a little less fluffy then my last one and Ron is somewhat of a git again, (hehe) so please let me know what you think.

Thanks again to Enchantedgurls for beta reading my story, you're the best :D x




ChapterPrinter


Hide and Seek


A HBP missing moment



One hundred and ten, one hundred and eleven, one hundred and twelve, Harry sighed as he mentally counted the stones surrounding the fireplace for the fourth time that morning. It was Sunday and he sat in the empty Gryffindor common room waiting for Ginny to come down from her dorm so they could go down to breakfast. Since they had gotten together they decided it would be a good idea to go to breakfast early so they could spend some time alone and yet still leave time for Ginny to get some revision done. This particular morning however she was running late.



He yawned racking a hand through his messy black hair and rearranged himself so he could lean back and prop his feet on the table in front of him. Leaning his head back he took off his glasses and closed his eyes briefly only to snap them open when he felt a pair of warm hands cover them, he was suddenly surrounded by a familiar flowery scent.



“Guess who?” came a voice behind him that caused his stomach to flip.



“Erm let me think, Parvati?” said Harry teasingly.



“No,” answered the female voice, still not removing her hands.



“Lav Lav?”



“Yuck, no,” she replied in disgust.



“Oh then it has got to be Romilda Vane?” He said grinning.



“Definitely not,” said Ginny reproachfully, as she removed her hands and he saw the blurry image of her face bending over him.



“Hi,” She said and he could just make out that she was smiling. “Sorry I’m late.”



“That’s ok,” he said standing up as he replaced his glasses and turned around to face her “I …” but words failed him when he saw her.



She was wearing a green top dotted with tiny white flowers which had one strap that wrapped around her neck exposing her smooth shoulders, which like her arms were speckled with many tiny freckles. In addition to that she was wearing a pair of denim shorts that finished a fair few inches above her knees, his eyes followed the path of her legs to her feet where she was wearing white sandals and he noticed that, like her hands, her nails were painted with a shocking red nail polish. His eyes travelled back up to her head where he noticed that in her hair she wore a white flower clip. She looked stunning; this was the most revealing outfit Harry could ever remember her wearing before and was definitely a pleasant change from her school robes. All he was wearing was a worn red t-shirt, jeans and scruffy trainers, just some of Dudley’s hand-me-downs he thought guiltily; he should’ve put more effort into it.



“Harry, Hello?!” Ginny said concernedly, waving a hand in front of his face and bringing him back to the present, “are you ok?”



“What? Yeah, sorry.” He said feeling his face heat up as he realised he had just been shamelessly staring at her. “You look really nice Ginny.”



“You think so?” Ginny said blushing slightly. “I wanted to wear something summery so Olivia, my roommate, lent me this outfit; I wasn’t too sure about it though.”



“Really, you look great,” he reassured walking up to her and wrapping his arm around her bare shoulders, trying desperately not to stare at her exposed legs. “Shall we go?”



“So what do you want to do today?” she asked, as they climbed through the portrait hole and started to walk down the corridor.



“Well, I was thinking that we could maybe take a walk around the grounds,” Harry said as she wrapped her arm around his waist, “and we could go and visit Hagrid if that’s ok?”



“Yeah, of course that’s fine, I feel bad actually that I haven’t been to see him this year,” Ginny said looking down at her feet, “I went to see him a lot during my first year, it was really good to talk to him.”



“Oh,” Harry said a little awkwardly as this was the first time she had mentioned her first year to him, “Well I’m sure he’ll understand that you’ve been busy this year, what with O.W.L.S and Quidditch and …”



“You.” She finished for him, smiling broadly.



“Well yea that too,” he said chuckling looking down at her and stroking her shoulder, making a dot-to-dot pattern with the freckles there.



“So no sign of Ron yet then?” Ginny asked as they walked down the staircase.



“Nah don’t think so, his curtains were still closed around his bed when I left,” Harry answered. “It’s very rare for him to get up early in the morning - unless for Quidditch.”



As they reached the big double doors of the Great Hall Harry removed his arm from her shoulders and grabbed her hand leading her down the left side of the Gryffindor table. Only a few students were dotted here and there over the four house tables, as it was so early many chose this Sunday to have a lie in. That is why when reaching their usual spot; Harry was surprised to see that Ron and Hermione were already there. Ron seemed to only be there physically however, he did not appear to be completely with it mentally as he was snoring into his plate, his head propped precariously on his hand and only inches away from having a face full of scrambled egg. In contrast, Hermione appeared to be wide awake and was taking notes from a large book she had opened on her lap. Noticing their arrival she put her quill down and smiled up at the two.



“Hey, what are you doing up so early?” asked Ginny, as she and Harry took a seat opposite the two and started to pile food onto her plate. “Well almost up.” She added grinning and nodding her head towards Ron.



“We were working on the Defence assignment because some of us haven’t started it yet,” Hermione said angrily, elbowing Ron in the ribs causing him to jerk awake.



“Ow, Hermione that hurt!” He croaked irritably rubbing his side; his eyes widening as he only just noticed Harry and Ginny’s presence. Hermione shot him a dirty look before returning to her parchment.



“When did you two get here?” he asked picking up a fork full of baked beans only to drop it again, letting it clatter back to his plate as he looked Ginny up and down with horror. “Blimey Ginny, what in Merlin’s name are you wearing?!”



Uh oh, Harry thought nervously looking between the two fiery haired siblings. He could sense an argument brewing. He watched as Ginny’s face began to colour, her expression turning to anger. After seeing how heated their fights could get earlier this year he did not wish to see a repeat now.



“What do you mean what am I wearing?” Ginny said heatedly, tossing her long hair out of her face and glaring at Ron across the table. “I’m wearing clothes, idiot!”



“More like a hanky chief if you ask me!” Ron retorted, his ears turning red. “You can see your…you have…its inappropriate!”



“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again Ron,” Ginny said angrily, pointing her fork towards his face. “As much as you like to act like it, you are not my mother so but out!”



“Well I think you look very nice Ginny,” Hermione said, looking up at Ginny briefly then returning to her book.



“How did I know you’d stick up for her?” Ron said, turning his attention toward Hermione now, “You know very well that she looks like a …”



“Like a what exactly?” Harry said snappily, firing up suddenly. He had no desire to hear anyone bad mouth his girlfriend, best friend or not. “Come on Ron, like a what?”



Ron stared at Harry blinking owlishly, clearly shocked by his sudden outburst. “Nothing, never mind.”



“Well drop it then,” Harry said finally, returning to his breakfast. “Ginny’s old enough to know what she wants to wear and I think she looks lovely.”



There was an uncomfortable silence while all four of them focused on the food in front of them. Harry was raising a piece of toast to his mouth when he suddenly felt Ginny brush a chaste kiss to his cheek.



“Thank you,” she whispered close to his ear, causing him to shiver pleasantly. She pressed another kiss to his ear before returning to her breakfast smiling broadly.



As they continued to eat the only sounds that could be heard were the chatter of students around them and the occasional scratching of Hermione’s quill. It was left up to the arrival of Neville to break the tension that surrounded them.



“Hi,” he said taking a seat next to Harry and grabbing a plate, but noticing Ron’s moody expression he turned to Harry and whispered nervously, “Erm, what’s up?”



“Nothing Neville, it’s settled now,” Harry answered, glancing at Ron who was sulkily pushing his food around his plate. “What are you doing today then?” he asked.



“I’m going to help Professor Sprout plant Aconite seeds for her third year class.” Neville muttered through a mouth full of egg.



“Aconite, really?” Hermione asked suddenly intrigued, “Isn’t that plant used as an important ingredient in the Wolfsbane potion?”



“Erm, I think it is.” Neville said shrugging, “It’s poisonous; I know that. I also know that the shape of its flowers inspired the name of monkshood,” he added proudly.



“Oh yes, I remember reading that in ‘One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi’,” Hermione said eagerly, abandoning her essay completely and turning her attention to Neville, causing Ron to roll his eyes beside her. “I also read that it could be used …”



Harry blocked out the rest of the conversation, the mention of Wolfsbane had caused his thoughts to drift to Lupin and the fact that it had been a while since he had heard from him. Was he still working underground? Is that why he hadn’t written? He didn’t like the thought of Lupin spending so much time around that werewolf - around the monster that had bitten him. Greyback, that was his name he thought savagely clenching his fists under the table; it wasn’t fair that Dumbledore used Lupin to spy on a ‘thing’ that caused him so much pain since childhood, no wonder he looked so pale and drawn the last time Harry saw him, more so then usual anyway. The touch of Ginny’s hand on his arm startled him out of his broodings.



“Are you ok Harry?” She asked concernedly, stroking his arm, “You look miles away.”



“Yeah I’m fine,” Harry reassured, taking hold of Ginny’s hand and squeezing it, his anger fading as quickly as it arrived. “I just wish that I could hear from Lupin, you know? Be sure that he’s safe.”



“I’m sure he’s fine Harry,” Ginny said soothingly. “You could always ask Hagrid if he knows anything when we go down later?”



“Yeah I think I will,” Harry said feeling a little better. “Are you ready to go?”



Nodding she stood up, climbing over the bench, Harry followed.



“Where are you two going?” Ron asked speaking for the first time since their confrontation.



“We’re going for a walk, is that ok with you?” Ginny said sternly, putting a hand on her slender hip.



“Yes, that’s fine,” Ron muttered gruffly. Chancing a glance at Harry and then adopting a smile that was clearly strained he added somewhat begrudgingly, “have a good time.”



“Thank you, we will,” Ginny said stiffly, smiling back, and interrupting Hermione and Neville’s discussion on what sounded like a Flutterby Bush they briefly bid them goodbye and headed outside.



“Beautiful day isn’t it?” Ginny said inhaling deeply as they walked down the front steps and into the glorious sunshine, heading towards the direction of the lake. “I’m so glad I wore this outfit now, or else I would have been boiling.”



“Yeah, although it wasn’t particularly popular with some,” He said looking at Ginny smirking and suddenly bursting out laughing, to which Ginny joined him.



Sobering, they continued to walk on slowly in comfortable silence, Harry glanced down at her. He really did love the way the sun shone on her sleek red hair, it highlighted numerous flex of what looked like gold making it shimmer beautifully, it was almost hypnotic. He was brought out of his reverie when she spoke.



“You know Ron never used to be so up tight,” She said softly. “When we were kids we used to be really close, he was the closest to my age so it was like he was my best friend. Especially when there was just me and him left when all the others went to school.”



“So there wasn’t any other kids near where you live who you could’ve played with as a child?” Harry asked.



“There was one or two that were just a couple of years younger then me, but they were muggle children from the nearby town.” Ginny said reminiscing, “I remember we would play muggle games with them in the fields backing onto the Burrow, games like erm — ‘Whats the time Mr. Wolf? ’, ‘Tag’, ‘ Hide and seek’. Did you ever play those games, you know going to a muggle school?”



“I’ve heard of them,” Harry said, “but I can’t say that I’ve ever played them.”



“You haven’t, how come?” asked Ginny curiously.



“Well, lets just say at muggle school I wasn’t the most popular of people, I didn’t have many friends,” Harry confessed expecting to feel embarrassed by telling her that. However, it felt good opening up to Ginny. “Dudley would ensure that any people I did get friendly with would be scared off from getting close to me.”



“Harry, that’s awful, I had no idea,” Ginny said, halting suddenly and turning to face him.



“Oh it’s not all bad, most play times I did participate in one game,” Harry said ruefully looking over towards the lake, a bitter smile on his face. “I think they would call it Pulverise Potter.”



“Pulverise Potter, what was that?” Ginny asked reluctantly, as though not wanting to hear the answer.



“Well basically Dudley and his group of cronies would chase me around the playground, and when they caught me they would well - beat me up.” Harry said finally, turning away from the lake and towards Ginny’s horrified face.



“Didn’t your Aunt and Uncle stop it?” she asked quietly.



“Stop it?” Harry laughed bitterly, looking down and kicking at an uplifted patch of grass with his trainer, “I wouldn’t be surprised if they encouraged it, they didn’t bother to ask why I would come home each day with new bruises. All they would care about is why I would have mud all over my uniform and face. They’d say I was showing them up by walking around looking like some sort of thug or something.”



“Harry, I’m so sorry I never knew you had it so bad at muggle school,” she said sympathetically, taking hold of his hand and softly stroking her thumb over his knuckles. “I swear if I ever see that Dudley, Merlin I would unleash the strongest bat bogey hex on him he’d think his head exploded.”



“Thank you,” he said chuckling. “I’ve never told anybody that before you know, weirdly it felt good to talk about it.”



“You know you can tell me anything Harry,” she said wrapping her arms around his waist, hugging him to her. “You don’t have to keep anything from me.”



“I know,” he said, yet secretly thinking of all the things he was keeping from her making his insides squirm guiltily. One day he would tell her everything about the prophecy and the horcruxes but not today, today they would just enjoy themselves because who knew how many more opportunities they would have.



“I always did want to play those games though,” he said wistfully, a small smile forming on his face as he wrapped his arms around her waist. “I would watch all the other kids playing and feel jealous.”



“Well we can fix that now can’t we Mr. Potter?” She said mischievously, letting her arms drop and taking a step back.



“We can?” he asked confused.



“Yes we can,” and taking him by complete surprise she tapped him sharply on the shoulder, and grinning she yelled “tag!” before running off towards the lake.



“Where are you going?” He shouted smiling at her behaviour, but remaining frozen to the spot.



“I’m hiding, come and seek me.” She yelled looking over her shoulder grinning madly, before disappearing between some trees.



Harry took a couple more seconds to react before sprinting off towards the trees. Reaching the spot where he saw her disappear he peered around hoping to catch a glimpse of her but with no luck. She can’t be that hard to find, he thought to himself as he jogged between the trees and turned his attention to the edge of the lake hoping to see her there. With her vivid red hair he should be able to spot her anywhere. After searching for a couple more minutes, familiar feelings of panic were beginning to set in. He wasn’t used to this game, it was somewhat unnerving.



“Ginny?” He called lightly, weaving in between more trees, trying desperately to keep his voice steady. Shouting a little louder he called her again “GINNY?”



When no answer came he quickened his pace, furiously searching the grounds, he was getting close to the forbidden forest now, surely there’s no way she’d go in there? He turned around to search the area again but halted when he heard a noise above him. Was that laughter?



“Ginny?” He asked uncertainly, and sure enough he heard it again. Looking up he saw the cause of the noise, Ginny sat in the tree a few branches up grinning smugly down at him.



“You know, considering you were the youngest seeker in a century you are really rubbish at this game.” She said, giggling again.



“How did you get up there?” he asked relieved to see her, his racing heart finally beginning to return to its normal beat.



“I climbed of course; don’t tell me you never climbed a tree as a child either?” she asked.



“Once,” He said thinking back and groaning at the memory. “But that was only to escape my Aunt Marge’s dog; I remember staying up there for hours.”



“Well at least if you’ve climbed once before you know you could climb up now.” She said coaxing him up with her hand. “Now that you’ve found me you have to come and get me, otherwise how else will you tag me?”



“I thought we were playing Hide and seek?” he asked looking up at her.



“We are. I’m just incorporating the two,” she said grinning. “Come on, what are you waiting for?”



“I don’t know, can’t you just climb down?” He said uncertainly, really not wanting to make a fool of himself by trying to climb up to her.



“Don’t tell me the ‘chosen one’ is scared of climbing a tree,” she said teasingly. “Just put your foot in the groove near the bottom, then grab onto the lowest branch and pull yourself up and carry on from there.”




He did as she said, (stumbling the first time), he managed to pull himself up to the branch below her and holding onto her hand he was able to haul himself onto the one where she sat. With a little difficulty he straddled the thick branch so that he was facing her, still clinging to her hand.



“See, that wasn’t so bad, was it? I don’t know what you were so worried about,” she said smiling.



“Well since crash landing into the Whomping Willow in my second year, I have developed somewhat of a disliking to trees.” Harry said, letting go of her hand to cling onto the branch in front of him. “At least this one is friendly.”



“Friendly?” she snorted raising a leg so she too was straddling the branch and facing him head on. “Wow, I completely forgot that you and Ron did that, Dad still misses the Ford Anglia you know.”


“Well he could go and visit it,” Harry said smiling at her, “it currently dwells in the forest; I think it’s turned wild though now, I doubt it’ll want to return to normal civilisation.”



Ginny chucked. “Its seems like forever ago that you two did that, I was so impressed at the time and to be honest a little relieved that you weren’t at the welcome feast,” she said smiling guiltily.



“Relieved, why?”



“Well it was my first year so I was getting sorted,” she said looking down and lightly tracing a pattern on the bark with her finger. “If you had been there I most likely would’ve fallen flat on my face or something equally embarrassing. You know, what with me having that crush on you. I had a tendency to do stupid things when you were around.”



“Like sticking your elbow in a butter dish you mean?” Harry chuckled, remembering when he first met her.



“Oh Merlin, you saw that?” she cried blushing, quickly covering her face with her hand to cover her embarrassment. “I thought nobody had seen!”



“Don’t worry; I thought it was really cute.” He said reaching over to remove her hand. “I used to love the way you’d blush around me; it was very similar to the blush you have now in fact.”



He leaned over to lightly kiss her on the lips and sat back up chortling softly.



“Anyway,” she said changing the subject, “that is why I’m glad you weren’t there; my first year was bad enough without me starting it off by making a complete fool of myself in front of the whole school.” She started to laugh nervously but sobered quickly and turned her attention towards the castle looking slightly lost.



There was an uncomfortable silence in which Harry didn’t know what to say. He looked at Ginny, she was now staring downwards, watching her finger trace over the same wood grain pattern over and over and she appeared to be deep in thought. Harry decided to break the silence.



“Are you ok Ginny?” he asked tentatively, watching as her brow furrowed.



“Yeah, it’s just - can I ask you something Harry, something I’ve been meaning to ask you for a while?” She asked quietly, almost so quietly he had to strain to hear what she was saying.



“Of course, you can ask me anything.” He said sincerely, although secretly not liking where this conversation appeared to be heading.



She looked up at him, a look of hesitation on her face.



“I was just wondering, what exactly happened, you know that day in the chamber?” Her voice wavered slightly towards the end of her question. “I know you told Dumbledore, Mum and Dad what happened when we returned, but it felt like you left certain things out, things you didn’t want me to hear, is that true?”



“Well, I erm … I didn’t go into all the details if that’s what you mean,” He said uncertainly, a small feeling of dread uncoiling in his stomach. “What kind of things did you want to know?”



“Well, Riddle for instance, what was he like?” She said more boldly, a look of determination now etched on her face replacing her previous look of anxiety. “What exactly did he say to you?”



“Ginny, are you sure you want to hear this now?” he asked apprehensively, he didn’t want her to get upset, and for him to be the cause of her getting upset. “Maybe its best not …”



“Harry, Please!” she said desperately grabbing his hand, “It’s been years since it happened so I can handle what you say. I just feel I need to know or else I’ll always wonder.”



“Ok… if you’re sure,” he said uneasily, knowing already that he was going to regret this. He rearranged his seating so that he was leaning against the trunk of the tree, and looking down at his hands he wondered where he should possibly start. Taking a huge breath he began to speak.



“Well, erm … when I first got down to the chamber the first thing I saw was you on the ground, I thought you were dead.” He shivered remembering. “And when ‘he’ appeared, well I didn’t know who he was at first, I mean I didn’t know he was Voldemort,” he ignored Ginny’s small intake of breath; “I actually thought he could help me, how stupid is that?” he laughed bitterly. “I was trying desperately to get you out before the basilisk arrived and I asked him to help me get you out, but when Riddle took my wand…” he drifted off slightly to stare across the lake, the sun reflected onto its surface making it glisten beautifully like precious jewels, it looked so tranquil and it calmed him slightly.



After a few seconds he continued, “He told me how you’d been writing to him in the diary, how you’d erm-” He hesitated and looked at Ginny to find her watching him intently so he continued, “- he said how you opened your heart and spilled all your secrets to him, how you’d told him about your worries about your brothers, and school and well…that you’d spoken of me too.” He finished quietly, locking his gaze toward the lake again.



“He said how he’d written back and been sympathetic, how he’d always been able to charm the people he needed.” Harry furiously fisted his hands at the memory; his nails digging into his palms almost painfully.



He could hear Ginny’s breathing becoming heavy but he knew that if he looked at her right now he wouldn’t be able to carry on.



“He said how you were glad to have the diary to confide in and as you’d been pouring you’re soul out to him it was giving him power. He told me how he began to pour his soul into you by telling you his own secrets and that’s what made you, you know - do those things.” He took a deep breath, this really was hard he thought to himself, however he continued. “He then told me how you began to doubt the diary and that you’d tried to get rid of it, but when you saw that I’d found it you panicked and got it back.” Ginny whimpered slightly.



“I remember I asked him why he’d wanted to meet me. He told me how he’d become interested in me from what he’d heard of my past, he called it my fascinating history,” Harry shook his head resentfully, subconsciously running a hand over his infamous scar. “He just had to talk to me, he had to meet me. He told me how he’d framed Hagrid, he laughed while telling me, and I felt so angry …” Harry said gritting his teeth, anger boiling through his veins at the memory. “I remember telling him how he’d failed to kill anyone; all the muggleborns were going to be ok. However he said he didn’t care about that anymore, that his new target was me.”



He looked at Ginny to see her looking down at her hands, her hair forming a blanket over her face so he was unable to see her expression. He looked down also and picked at the bark on the branch.



“He knew that I would be able to get in the chamber that day because he’d found out I could speak Parseltongue,” he didn’t tell Ginny that she had been the one to tell Riddle by writing in the diary, but from her gasp he could tell that she knew, “and after Hermione was attacked he knew I would be desperate to find out what was going on. I was desperate to find out where the chamber was, and he knew that when I found out you’d been taken down I would go and find you. He then began to ask me questions about the night -,” he paused again taking a deep breath, “- the night I got this scar, and that’s when he told me who he was.”



He looked up at Ginny again to see if she had heard enough, when she didn’t look up, or utter a word he continued.



“He kept me talking and the longer he did the stronger he became, but the weaker you were becoming. He kept asking me how I was able to defeat him, ‘the greatest wizard of all time’ and how I was able to survive?” Harry fisted his hands again. “So I told him it was my mother who saved me, I told him how disgusting he had become, how he had no power, how he was barely alive. He really didn’t like to hear that,” Harry thought aloud. “Anyway, that’s when he brought out the basilisk and - well you know the rest.” He finished weakly.



A few seconds of silence went by where Harry continued to look down; he felt anxiety coursing through him. Why wasn’t she speaking? He felt his palms sweating, please say something Ginny he thought desperately and eventually she spoke.



“Oh Harry,” She whispered sniffling suddenly, making Harry snap his head up to look at her, he was saddened to see that she had tears streaming down her face. “I was so stupid, if I hadn’t written all that stuff about you in that stupid diary none of that would've happened. You could’ve died and it would have been my entire fault. I’m so sorry!”



She was crying openly now, her shoulders shuddering with each sob she took, Harry felt as though his heart was breaking watching her. He knew this would happen, he shouldn’t have told her, he should’ve refused to say anything.



“Ginny, it was no way your fault, don’t you ever think that it was,” he said savagely, using his finger to lift her chin so that he was looking directly into her eyes. A lump was beginning to form in his throat at the pain he saw there. “There is only one person to blame and that is Voldemort. He manipulated you; he made you do things without your knowledge, without you’re consent. You were just an innocent girl and he used you. Don’t you ever go blaming yourself because that’s what he wants. I should know, I did my fair share of self blame at the end of last year when Sirius died. So don’t you dare say you’re sorry, you have nothing to be sorry for.”



He traced his finger down the side of her face briefly brushing away the tears that continued to fall. He felt such a fierce sense of protectiveness towards her right now and it sickened him that she should be made to feel this way. Despite their awkward position on the tree he gently grabbed the back of her head and pulled her into his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around her as she cried into his shoulder. They stayed that way for a while, Ginny clinging to the back of his t-shirt while he stroked her hair soothingly. Eventually she began to pull away from him, looking away as though ashamed to look at him directly.



“I’m really sorry Harry,” she said picking at a strand of thread on her shorts. “I thought I could be strong - but thank you.”



“Don’t thank me, this is what I’m here for,” he said softly, a small lopsided smile on his face.



“Not for that, well thank you for that too, but mainly thank you for coming to get me that day,” she said turning her glistening brown eyes towards him, looking directly into his eyes. “I will never forget it, you saved my life that day and I don’t think I could ever thank you enough.”



The next moment they both leaned toward each other simultaneously as though being pulled together by an invisible force until their lips connected. The kiss was unlike any Harry had ever experienced before, so full of emotion that he could literally feel it pouring from Ginny. Although she had been crying, this kiss was not at all like the one he had shared with Cho. This kiss was all consuming, making his heart soar and his body shake, unlike the kiss he shared with Cho, this felt completely and utterly right.



As they reluctantly pulled away, he rested his forehead on hers, letting he pulse return to normal. Closing his eyes he sighed contently before sitting back up.



"How about we go inside?" he said as he tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "We can sneak into the kitchens and get something to eat?"



"Like treacle tart?" She said hopefully, smiling slightly, her eye-lashes still glistening from the tears she had shed.



"I'm sure that can be arranged," he said chuckling, as he lifted his leg over and started to carefully climb down.



As he reached the bottom, he jumped down, and noticing Ginny was on the branch just above him he turned his back to her.



"Get on m’lady and I shall escort you back to the castle," he said in a mock snobbish voice in the hope that he could lighten the tone and cheer her up somewhat.



"Onto your back, really?" she said giggling.



Seeing him nod, she shrugged and grabbed onto his shoulders, hoisting herself onto his back. He grabbed her under each thigh and lifted her up to stop her from slipping while she wrapped her arms securely around his neck and he began to walk back towards the castle.



“Oh wait, what about seeing Hagrid?” Ginny asked, turning herself slightly to look in the direction of his hut. “Don’t you want to go anymore?”



“I do, but I’m not sure if there’s still time,” Harry said apologetically, hoisting her up again as she started to slip. “I actually have to finish that defence essay Hermione spoke of earlier, and you have revision to do.”


Ginny remained silent and he could sense her disappointment so he continued talking.



“Tell you what, how about we go during dinner tomorrow,” Harry said. “We can spend a full hour with him, is that ok?”



“Yeah, that’s ok it’s probably for the best. I don’t think I’m quite in the mood anymore,” she said sighing. “And we can arrange some sandwiches to take down when we get to the kitchen. No offence but I don’t really fancy eating Hagrid’s cooking.”



“That’s settled then,” said Harry, stopping briefly to flick a strand of red hair that was blowing into his face. “We can also ask Dobby to arrange some of those cauldron cakes you like so much.”



"Sounds good.” she said sighing again and rubbing her cheek into the side of his neck. “You know Harry, I could get used to this. You can carry me between classes if you like?"



"I think this would be enough for me," he said somewhat distractingly as he was currently preoccupied by the smooth texture of her legs under his hands, her breathe on his neck sending shivers down his spine.



Suddenly a thought occurred to him, an opportunity he just couldn't pass up. He stopped suddenly and gently lowered her to the ground. He took a step forward and turned to face her, she was looking slightly confused.



"Am I really that heavy?" she asked frowning.



"No of course not, there's just something I wanted to say to you," he said, suppressing a grin.



"Really?" she asked, her look of bewilderment turning to one of intrigue, "What?"



"This, Tag!” he yelled suddenly, tapping her on the shoulder before turning and running full pelt towards the castle entrance. Laughing hysterically he looked over his shoulder to see her stunned expression, she had yet to move.



"I'll get you Potter!" were the words he could just make out as he reached the doors; he turned to see her sprinting towards him, laughing heartily. Glad to see her happy once again he smiled before turning back and running inside the castle.







Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear