Search:

SIYE Time:4:57 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Final day
By saz j

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover, Drama, General, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 4
Summary: This was it; this was the last day, the last day of pain, hurt and dismay. Harry sat on the dusty floor, his back leaned against a dirty wall; his eyes closed his breathing slow. Such a lot had happened in a year, he had left behind his friends, his only known family and what he only just really discovered, his only one true love. He had left them all to hunt down the last remaining horcruxes. He had only one more to destroy, one he had only come to terms with, and the snake and of course the Dark Lord himself.
*A one shot, the last chapter*
Hitcount: Story Total: 4405



Disclaimer: I own nothing, JK Rowling is only letting me play.



Author's Notes:
Wow! So I wrote another one off, I have to admit that this is my longest one off, EVER!!! Few, but I have to admit that I am rather pleased. Now please be warned, there is a lot of death, and I have been realistic, I have written it, like I think the wonderful JKR would have. So, please don’t kill me in reviews!!! I actually enjoyed writing this, and I had a lot of praise, which made me feel happy and more confident.
So this is for is for the two amazing people that helped me through the editing, Breanie, for her first draft edit, and to the amazing Eric, AKA Spenser for his amazing BETA skills.
Enjoy and PLEASE review!




ChapterPrinter


The Final day


This was it; this was the last day, the last day of pain, hurt and dismay. Harry sat on the dusty floor, his back leaned against a dirty wall; his eyes closed his breathing slow. Such a lot had happened in a year, he had left behind his friends, his only known family and what he only just really discovered, his only one true love. He had left them all to hunt down the last remaining horcruxes. He had only one more to destroy, one he had only come to terms with, and the snake and of course, the dark lord himself.

He had lived as rogue; dirty. His hair had overgrown. He was unshaved and overindulged in power. The day before, after much effort, his best friends had tracked him down with news that the Dark Lord had passed a message on: this was the day it ended; the day when the winner would walk away alive; the day when good and evil would be tested. He sat there, his thoughts paining him, until somebody came to sit next to him.

Harry sighed; “You don’t give up, do you?”

The deep voice of Ron answered back; “Nah, you tried getting rid of us a year ago. We’ve left you alone to finish your journey, but now, you have us all back. We’re helping you today; today the battle ends.”

Harry smiled, “Yeah, you’re all here, but I have to talk to you, about-“

“Ginny?” sighed Ron.

Harry opened his eyes, and turned to face his friend, “How did you know?”

He shrugged, “She told me, well Hermione, that you’d want to talk to her. She seemed sad actually. She’s been mental for a year. She over-studies. We’ve lost her a few times and she’s come back to school more powerful, but at the same time tired, harassed and strange. Something’s up with her and she told me that you’d want to talk to her.”

Harry bashed his head against the wall, “Did I ever mention to you that your sister is far too clever?”

Ron laughed, “Yeah, she is.” His face suddenly went serious. “Hermione is worried about you, but to be honest, she’s more worried about Ginny. Obviously, she’s been researching and checking every book, published or not.”

Harry nodded, “Yeah, that’s pretty Hermione-ish.”

“What is?” asked a female voice. Hermione slid in on the other side of Harry as the trio looked over the remains of Godric’s Hollow.

“I’ve missed you both,” he whispered.

Suddenly he felt two pairs of arms wrap themselves around him. The three of them sat, huddled together, their eyes closed, enjoying a moment of peace together for the first time in a year.

He opened his eyes, “I’d better find her, before-”

Hermione sniffed, “She knows, and she’s ready. She’s obviously scared but she knows what has to be done.”

Ron looked at his friends, “What is she going on about Harry?”

Harry shook his head, “I couldn’t be the one to tell you Ron, you wouldn’t believe me. You’d die before thinking that it was true, the fact that I have to do this is- I can’t.”

Hermione gave another big sniff, “I couldn’t possibly imagine how you’re feeling, or how she’s feeling, usually I’d tell you to do it, don’t think twice about it, but - Oh it’s far too horrible!”

Harry got up, “I think I have a plan, but, there is no way I can bring myself to do it, I-”

“Love her?” asked Hermione.

Ron jumped up.

Harry nodded, “I do. I love her. Merlin, I love her so much it’s killing me. Nothing, nobody, never have I felt like this, and to think that everything could end; this can’t happen to me, to her. It just can’t!”

He collapsed onto the dusty and dirty floor and sobbed. He cried his heart out, for what seemed like hours, when only it was minutes. When he finished he realized that the tears had been for nothing. He knew what had to be done.

***
Ginny sat by the lake at the Burrow, she had just completed her sixth year at Hogwarts, and among other things. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of grass crunching. She smiled and sighed, “I wondered when you’d be coming.”

She could sense he was tense, he bent down so he could see her; “You know what I have to do, right?”

She smiled, “Nice to see you too Harry, it’s been what a year?”

He chuckled, “I’m glad to see that you’ve kept your sense of humour, you look well.”

She nodded, this time turning to face him, “I am, but this isn’t the issue, is it?”

Harry shook his head and looked into her eyes, “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. I know the drill, but please do me a favour Harry.”

He closed his eyes and nodded, “You know I will.”

“Not here, not where my parents are. It’d kill them to watch, they’d try and stop you, and we both know you can’t be stopped.”

He nodded, and rose to his feet. He offered her his hand and pulled her to her feet. That’s when he felt her power, her energy; sparks flew and they smiled at each other.

“On the count of three, one, two, three...”

Crack.
***

Hermione was pacing whilst Ron was still in the same place, that he was fifteen minuets ago. Harry had left to talk to his sister and Hermione had become frantic.

“Hermione, what’s going on with Ginny?” he asked suddenly.

She stopped dead, and turned to face him. “It isn’t my place to say.”

He jumped up and bashed his foot against the wall. “Damn it Hermione, she’s my little sister! I love that girl to bits! I have a right to know! What is going on with my sister?”

“I can’t just tell you Ronald!” she screamed.

He grabbed her by the shoulders and stared down at her, “Hermione, please, she’s my family, I love her, I have to know, and it can’t be THAT bad!” he whispered gently.
She stared up at him and sobbed; he gave her hug and she broke down.
“Oh Ron, I know you love her! I know you have to know, but I can’t, I can’t think about it! I know you have to know, but oh it’s so horrible!”

He closed his eyes and hugged her, “It’s okay, just tell me, I’m listening.”

He felt her nod, and she looked at him in the eye, with her rosy tear streaked face. “She’s, Ginny, she’s - Oh Ron, Ginny’s a horcrux!”

***

Harry had Apparated Ginny to the one place it all started, the Chamber of Secrets.

Ginny looked around, her eyes sore, scared. She turned to Harry, “How did you break down the wards, isn’t this still classified as Hogwarts?”

Harry shrugged, “That isn’t important, I have to do this, and you know that, don’t you?”

“Yes, Harry, I’ve known ever since I figured it out. And I’m ready; just kill me already, please.”

He tore his gaze from her, “I can’t.”

Ginny rushed over to him and shook him, “But you have to, to kill him! You’re killing him tonight, you have to kill me, and you know you do!”

He spun round and grabbed her shoulders and shook her, making her scared but he knew he had to say it,” I know I have to, but I can’t, Merlin Gin! I can’t kill you, when, when-“

“When what?” she screamed, “What can you possibly say to stop me knowing the fact that you must kill me to save the world? People’s lives are at stake! So what is it Harry, huh?”

“I bloody love you Ginny!” he hissed.

She stared at him, “You what?” she hissed back.

“I love you!” he shouted. “There, are you happy. That’s why I can’t kill you. Not only are you a Weasley, which would also make it hard for me to kill you by the way, but I love you. I love you so much it hurts me, I left you behind to protect you, turns out, you’re already powerful, and you’re the one thing I need to destroy, so excuse me for not wanting you dead!”

She punched him. “Kill me you prat!” she spat. The words cutting him deep, “Just kill me.”

“No, I can’t just kill you!”

She turned to face him, “Fine, don’t kill me.”

“What?”

“You heard, don’t kill me. Kiss me.”

He stared at her, “You want me to-”

“Yes, I want you to kiss me.”

She rolled her eyes and walked over to him, his breath quickening at the sudden change of events. She stood on her tiptoes and pecked him on the lips.

He looked down at her and pulled her up and his head dived and captured her lips.

It was paradise, a rogue urge and a need; something that had to happen after a year of dreaming and wanting. She wrapped her arms around his neck as his hands slid to hold onto her waist. A lifetime passed and he broke away and looked down at her, she had suddenly gone pale, limp and he felt as if he was holding dead weight.

“I feared you wouldn’t be able to kill me,” she whispered.

He looked down at her lips, a green moist substance was fresh, like juice, and then it clicked.

He caught her just in time as she fell into his arms, he started to sob.

“That wasn’t fair Ginny, why, why kill yourself?”

“You knew I had to be killed, and you knew you had to be the one to do it, so I just poisoned myself, ready for you to kiss me. I’m sorry you had to, it wasn’t fair on you.”

He stared down at her, tears leaving his eyes, “I do love you, Gin.”

She smiled, “I know you do. I love you too.”

He shook his head, “You can’t, not after-”

“But I do, I’ve loved you for years Harry, so much, please don’t forget that.”

***

“What?”

“I’m so sorry!” Hermione sobbed.

He shook his head, “No, no, no, how could she be?”

She tried stopping him, “I know it’s hard, but-”

“No but, Hermione, she’s a Weasley, she has no badness in her body, she has no link to, to Voldemort!”

“But she does, you do in a way-”

“Oh yeah? And what’s that?”

“She’s the youngest heir to Godric Gryffindor!”

Ron burst out laughing, “That’s mental Hermione-”

She shook her head, “It happened in the Chamber of Secrets. She poured her soul into Tom Riddle, and he poured his into her.”

He stopped dead, “Harry has gone to kill her, hasn’t he?” his eyes flashing with anger.

Hermione collapsed onto the floor of Godric’s Hollow, “He’s supposed to, but, I know something that he doesn’t know I know.”

Ron sat next to her, “Don’t start talking cryptic, and make some sense.”

“He’s in love with her.”

Ron smiled, “Then he won’t kill her.”

Hermione shook her head, “He has to, but, no, I don’t think he’ll kill her, but I’m afraid.”

“Of what?”

Hermione sighed and gave a big sniff, “She’ll kill herself to save the world!”

Ron stood there, staring at Hermione, his eyes wide, “I’m not letting my baby sister die!”

***

Harry lay on the old floor of the Chamber of Secrets holding Ginny in his arms, her dead weight sagging into him; he laid there crying, his power exploding from him.

Hours passed, and he was still crying his heart out, until he heard the long distant song of the phoenix, a tune he hadn’t heard in over a year.

Fawkes flew down and landed on the old floor of the forgotten chamber.

Harry turned his blood shot eyes over to the bird, anger flashing through him,
“Where were you, eh? Where you were when she killed herself? Where was HE when she was being possessed? Where was I? He had no idea, and you never came, it’s too late! Damn it, you’re too late!” Harry collapsed onto the floor and started to scream, he shouted, he swore, and he cried.

Fawkes just watched as Harry let himself go, the phoenix then exploded into flames and was replaced by the one thing Harry needed, his mother.

“Don’t Harry, please don’t.”

Harry lifted his head and started to get up, “You can’t be her.”

Lily just stared up at him and shrugged, “Why can’t I be here? When you were eleven you didn’t believe in magic, so explain to me Harry, how can I not be here?”

“Because Lily Potter died, she died for her son, who didn’t deserve her sacrifice,” spat Harry.

Lily nodded her head, “You’re right about two things Harry; yes I died, and yes I sacrificed myself for you, like most mothers would, but you are wrong about one thing. You were worth my blood, Harry, and don’t you dare say other wise.”

Harry tore his gaze away from her, “So how can you be here?” He turned back around to face her and she sighed.

“Because I am a phoenix tear, I am dead, and nothing can bring back the dead Harry, not even magic, but I am connected to Fawkes. I have only been able to appear here now, because you are on the edge of death. Your love for Ginny is so powerful that to lose her would end you. I cannot let this happen Harry, so get up, get out of here and live, for her, because more than one surprise will happen this night.”

Harry nodded, “Yeah, get out of here, leave her here, I’m sure her parents’ would love that!”

Lily walked up to her son and grabbed him by the shoulders, “You must, it is what Ginny would have wanted, and Sirius, because he never died.”

Harry pulled away from his mother’s grip and shook his head, “He’s dead, how could he have left me if he is not dead, he wouldn’t!”

Lily nodded, “No, he wouldn’t, you’re right about that, but what would you say if they had it wrong, he never died in the veil. Do you even know what the veil is, because I don’t think anyone, not even Albus knows about the veil.”

“Then you tell me then!” screamed Harry.

“It’s the realm of the soulless, where do you think all the empty bodies go, Harry, when the Dementors suck out a soul, where do you think the bodies go? Through the veil, Harry, and no living man or woman has ever crossed it. Sirius is trapped, and you will need him to fight Voldemort.”

Harry turned to leave, but was stopped by his mother, he turned to face her, “You were worth it Harry, and I don’t think you’ve ever heard this from me, well, at least not remembered, but I love you Harry Potter!”

Harry looked into his mother’s eyes, “And I love you.”

For the first time, they hugged.
***


Hermione chased after Ron; they had Apparated to Bill’s apartment in France. Ron ran up the stairs and opened the door, and Fleur screamed.

“What the hell are you doing here Ronald?” she demanded.

“Where’s Bill?”

She turned to Hermione, who had just caught up with him, and was panting heavily.

“I’m afraid he is in Egypt, he is doing some work for the order, and he’ll be back for tonight-”

“Get him here now, Fleur.”

Fleur went to the fireplace and threw some floo powder into the fire, and called for Bill.

Bill’s head appeared and looked around, “Fleur? Ron? Hermione? What’s going on?”

Ron kneeled next to the fireplace next to Fleur and sighed, “Do you know what a horcrux is?”

Bill stared at him, “I do, but the most important question here is, how do you know?”

“It’s a long story, but Voldemort made seven, and Harry has destroyed all but, him, the snake and guess who, Ginny!”

Bill’s eyes darkened, “How the hell can Gin be a horcrux, unless-” he sighed.

“It’s true, isn’t it; she’s the last remaining heir of Gryffindor!” Bill started to look serious again.
Ron flung his head back, “Am I the only one that doesn’t know who my family is?” he demanded.

Bill silenced him and turned to Hermione, “Does Harry know?”

She nodded, “He’s went to speak to her, and he was suppose to kill her, but Bill, he’s in love with her.”

Bill sighed, “Then he won’t kill her, she’ll kill herself.”

Hermione nodded, “I think she’s already dead.”

Bill smiled, “Usually I’d be out of here, and right next to her, but there’s something I know, that you don’t.”

Ron stared at his oldest brother, “What’s that?”

“Ginny is a phoenix tear.”
***

Harry had just Apparated straight to the Ministry of Magic, his cloak flowing behind him, people staring at him, but he continued to walk. He went straight to the lift and looked straight ahead, Scrimgeour entered the lift on the third floor and he stood next to Harry.

“Need I ask why you are here?”

“Am I to believe, MINISTER that you knew that Sirius was innocent and that he is alive in the Veil?”

Scrimgeour sighed, “I am sorry Harry, but we knew that it would drive you, I hear that the battle will end tonight?”

“Then you have heard right,” growled Harry.

“I know this will not mean enough to you, Harry, but good luck.”

Harry reached the floor where the Department of Mysteries was, he turned to the minister and stared at him, “This is where I get off.”

Scrimgeour held out his arm, Harry however, did not take it, “Whatever you need or want Potter, just say the word.”

“There is, actually, I want a formal apology to Sirius Black, I want members of the Order to be thanked and I want you to understand what the Ministry has put my family and friends through.”

Scrimgeour stared straight into Harry’s eyes, and nodded, “That seems fair enough.”

Harry nodded, and exited the lift.

He walked up to the door and nodded, “Back again.”

The Department of Mysteries had not changed. Harry was once again surrounded by similar looking doors, but with everything that had happened that day, one thing made him smile; Hermione’s charm that she had placed on each door that had been entered had still got the X marked on. There was only one that had no big flowing X, so Harry knew exactly where he was going.

“Thanks Hermione, you’ve not let me down yet!”

He entered the Brain Room, the memory of poor Ron rushing through his mind; the fight, Ginny hurting her ankle, Luna, Neville and Hermione fainting. His memory was so vivid, it happened all over again, playing in front of him like a television show. Then he came to one of the places, one of his memories he feared, the noises and voices were louder than ever, it was then that he was face to face with the veil and another person, who was standing there, waiting for him.

***

Ron rushed out of the French apartment that belonged to Bill and Fleur, not before turning to face Hermione.

“Explain to me what a phoenix tear is?”

Hermione stared up at Ron and sighed, “A phoenix tear is a rare witch, and they all have similar features, red fiery hair, short in size, powerful and full of courage. They are born at the same time a phoenix is [born for] its [the] first time, and there are only six remaining phoenix’s alive today; that’s including Fawkes. It means that once they die, they can cause healing just like a phoenix tear, hence the name. Furthermore, they are the most powerful of witches. Most are more powerful than wizards, that’s why professor Snape and Dumbledore himself have been training Ginny-”

“Hold on, did you say Snape? Snape and Dumbledore have been training Ginny?” gasped Ron.

Hermione sighed and nodded, “Where do you think Ginny has been disappearing [to] all this year, Ron? Snape is on our side; truly he is. Dumbledore knew he was going to die, and Snape had already made an unbreakable vow with Narissca Malfoy. Dumbledore trained her when he could at school, but yes, Ron, Ginny is a trained, powerful witch and what’s more a phoenix tear!”

“How do you know all of this?” demanded Ron.

“Ginny told me and Bill, mostly because she needed a girl to talk to at school, and she told Bill, well because him and her have always been close. I’m sorry I never told you, but Ginny didn’t want you to think anything bad of her!”

Ron nodded, “It makes sense, I guess.”

They Apparated back to Godric’s Hollow, to a welcome party, where Death Eaters were waiting for them. The two teenagers drew their wands.

“Ah, you’ve returned at last. We have been worrying, you know.” Sneered Lucius Malfoy.

Ron glared at him, his wand held tight in his grip, “What’s the matter Malfoy? Couldn’t wait till this evening for the battle?”

Lucius chuckled, “Well, we felt as if we needed to take you there ourselves-”

“Oh, like you care!” shouted Hermione, her wand pointing straight at Bellatrix.

“Ooo, she’s a bit feisty today. On fire Granger?” cackled Bellatrix.

“Don’t even bother talking to us, you fifthly little mudblood!” orderd Lucius.

“Expeliarmous!” shouted Ron. Lucius’ wand flew out of his grip, but so did Ron’s, two pairs of arms grabbed him.

“Don’t hurt him!” screamed Hermione.

“How touching, we’ll be brining the two of you with us now, grab the girl.”

The two teenager’s world went black.

***

Severus Snape had been travelling all day. He had looked in all the usual places, the Burrow, his house, Potter’s aunt’s house, her brothers’ homes and of course Hogwarts. His next step was one place he knew she feared, the Chamber of Secrets. He had entered Hogwarts undetected and entered by a charm that the Dark lord himself has taught him. He had found her, and he was too late.

He ran toward her body, and picked her up, “Come on Ginevra, wake up, and please don’t be dead!” he shook her, her now pale face shimmering under his shadow.

Severus stared down at her lips, the green substance that he had tried to hide from her on her lips.

“Oh Ginevra, what did you do, there was bound to be another way!”

“She’s safe Severus.” A hand reached up and rested on his shoulder.

He sighed, “Lily, once a phoenix tear, always a phoenix tear.”

Lily laughed, “Well, naturally.”

Lily helped him put Ginny’s dead weight back onto the floor, Severus sighed, “I have missed you Lilz.”

Lily smiled sadly, “Yeah, I know. But why didn’t you keep in contact with Petunia?”

Severus sighed, “I was never really as close to her, we met a fair few times but Vernon was not too pleased. You were always my favourite cousin.”

Lily laughed, and then sighed; the two of them looked down at Ginny.

“Will she?”

“If Harry truly loves her, like he says, then she’ll be waking up in, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1-“

“Lily Potter?”
***

“Malfoy?!”

Harry stared, his right hand gripping his wand.

“It’s been just over a year, Potter,” muttered Draco.

Harry nodded, “And now I ask myself why I am not killing you on the spot!”

Draco nodded, “Because you know that I would have attacked you already if I wanted a fight.”

“So what do you want?”

“I want him dead.”

Harry nodded, “I am now going to ask, why? Why now, why show yourself now?”

“Because I want to help!”

Harry stared at him, “You? You want to help me?”

Draco nodded, “Yes Potter, I want to help you destroy the twat that is the reason my mother is dead!”

Harry nodded, “Right, well I want to kill the twat that is the reason both my parents, my godfather and the love of my life is dead, but how the hell can I trust you?”

Draco lifted up his sleeve of his arm on his right; the Dark mark was scratched, peeling and burnt.

“I’m been very serious.”

Harry stared at him, “So now you want to be a good guy?”

“I always have, my father is behind me now, and I’m doing this for mother”

Draco held out his hand, and Harry took it.

They both stood side by side and stared at the veil, they took a breath and after three, they both stepped through the veil.

***

Ron sat up, rubbing his head. He looked around at his surroundings; he was tied to a metal pole, in a dark room that smelt of death. He felt around to find his wand had been taken away from him, and Hermione was also tied to him. He tried to turn his head to look over at her, but she was still out.

“Hermione!” he hissed, no reply.

He tried getting her attention by knocking his hand against hers, still no movement.

He shook his whole body, and kept hissing her name, until he heard her moan his name, he sighed in relief.

“Hermione, you okay?”

“What? Yeah, where are we?”

He shrugged, “We’re tied to a pole in a dark smelly room, that’s all I’ve got so far.”

He felt her nod, “So we’re basically been held hostage?”

“Yep!”

Ron looked around him once more, and then found himself laughing.

Hermione nudged him, and hissed in his eyes, “This isn’t the time to laugh, Ron! What’s so bloody funny?”

Ron sighed, “You’ve gotta find it slightly funny, I mean, here we are, totally alone, in a dark room…”

Hermione rolled her eyes, “And your point?”

Ron shrugged, “Oh, I dunno, I’ve just wanted to be alone in a dark room with you for a while now.”

Hermione felt her mouth drop, “What, what in Merlin’s name are you going on about?”

Ron chuckled to his self, “Don’t act dumb, Mione, I’m fed up of us both dancing around each other…”

Hermione burst out laughing, “Wow, I never thought it’d be you to burst the bubble, I always thought it’d be me.”

Ron joined in with her laughter, “Yeah, well, every one thinks I’m stupid, I’m not, I just never had...”

“You had lots of opportunities Ronald, you just never used them,” injected Hermione.

“Yeah, alright, I also happened to be incredibly nervous, considering that you-”

“Don’t you dare place the blame on me!” snarled Hermione.

They then sat there in silence, until Ron felt Hermione stroking his hand, he closed his eyes and sighed.

“Do you think we’ll survive?”

“I hope so,” whispered Hermione.

He left it at that, and squeezed Hermione’s hand, whilst she stroked his.

***

“How do you feel?” asked Severus.

Ginny shrugged, and continued to stare at Lily. “Did you bring me back?” she asked.

Lily shook her head, “I’m afraid no one has that power; it’s the phoenix tear coming out of you. I can only heal other phoenix tears.”

“So, did I die?” asked Ginny.

“Actually, I'm not sure if you can die with the power you process,” mused Lily.

“What, every one dies.”

“Yes they do, you can only die of old age, and I don't think that someone of your power can BE killed!”

Ginny stared at her, “What? I don't have great power, well alright, so I have some power...”

Lily rolled her eyes, “You have so much power you don't know it. You’re the last remaining heir to Gryffindor, you're a phoenix tear, and you were made into a horcrux... you're something special.”

Ginny turned to Severus, “Have you hugged your cousin?”

Severus bent down and scooped Lily into a small hug.

Lily sighed, “I'm afraid my job here is done, I have to go. I am dead after all, but it was nice meeting you Ginny, and to see you again Severus...”

“Wait, haven't you seen…”

“I have, he's now gone to save Sirius.”

“I KNEW HE WASN'T DEAD! ALL OF THE ORDER THOUGHT I WAS MAD!” yelled Ginny.

Lily smiled, “Bye.” she then burst into flames.

Severus turned to Ginny, “Do not ever do that to me again Ginevra, you scared me.”

Ginny smiled, “Let's go save the world.”

***

Harry and Draco appeared in a white square block room, with nothing but silence. They both stared around, until a door appeared.

Draco looked behind him, to see if a door was in place where they entered through the veil. There was nothing.

“Hopeful thinking,” came Harry’s voice.

Draco shivered. The two young men walked up to the door at the other end, were gold writing lit up, with encrypted text.

Harry sighed, “Hermione where are you, when I need you?”

Draco peered up at the text, “It’s Latin.”

“Well that’s brilliant if you can read Latin,” said Harry, in a sarcastic tone.

Draco sneered, “Well, since you mentioned it, I can read Latin, but it’s been a while.”

Harry motioned him to go ahead and read the encrypted text.

“Here you stand before the land of the soulless. Now that you are here, you cannot go back, unless you know the secret password. Two and two makes four, but one more makes five, what do you think I mean?”

Draco laughed, “That’s just ironic!”

Harry sighed, “The whole reason we are here, the splitting of souls, at least we know the pass word to come out, why a password though, if you are soulless, then how could you speak?”

Draco shrugged, “It’s probably for those like your godfather, ones that get lost.”

Harry opened the door, to a dark, dusty room.

“I recognise this place,” he muttered.

“Where is it?”

“The Shrieking Shack, what the hell is going on?”

“This is what you are looking for, Harry” came a female voice.

Lily Potter stood there, “Are you the phoenix tear that came to me?”

Lily shook her head, “Harry, I was an unspeakable. When I died, part of my soul comes here; it is part of the contract. You see Harry, some people, maybe from the Ministry come here, searching for something. You came, you entered the door, and I took you to the place that Sirius would be, the one place he could go to escape, he is here and there, you must search for him, as he shouldn’t be here. Also, remember this Harry, time runs differently here, he came through the veil two years ago, to Sirius, it has been two weeks for him, he will think you are going mad, and will act as if he has only seen you two weeks ago.”

She then disappeared.

Harry stared at the spot were his mother had been again. He then looked around. “Two weeks, this isn’t going to be easy.”

Draco shrugged, “I thought your life wasn’t anyway.”

Harry walked over to the window, and saw Hogwarts, “This is why he came here; he felt safe looking over at Hogwarts.”

He started to walk down the creaky stairs, and saw the passage leading out of the Shrieking Shack and out from under the Whomping Willow.

He walked down, and came out of the small tunnel, with Draco at his tail. He stopped dead; there sitting under the moon was Sirius.

“Sirius?” whispered Harry.

Sirius spun round stared at Harry.

“Harry?” he started to get up, ran towards him and stopped in front of him, just slightly smaller than Harry.

“What? What happened? You look different, you’re older, and it’s only been two bloody weeks.”

Harry shook his head and collapsed onto the floor sobbing, Sirius stared down at him, bent down and wrapped his arms around him.

“Padfoot, it’s been two years, we thought you were dead!”

Sirius stared at him, and dropped his head, “I’m so sorry you had to go through thinking that you’d lost someone else!”

Harry looked up at him, “It’s not your fault, Merlin you’ve missed a lot, and I need you!”

“What’s happened?”

Harry laughed, “Where to begin? Dumbledore is dead, I fell in love with Ginny Weasley, Voldemort has seven horcruxes, I’ve destroyed all of them, Ginny has killed herself because she was one, what more happened? So damn much, is what happened!”

Sirius’ mouth hung open slightly, “Well, I could of already told you, you’d fall for Ginny. As for the rest, I’m sorry.”

***

Ron and Hermione had been tied up for four hours now. They had stayed in silence, just clinging onto each other’s hands. They had been asleep for the last two hours, until the door smashed opened.

Hermione woke up with a start and nudged Ron.

Voldemort stood before them, “Well, I must say that I have never had the pleasure to talk face to face to Harry’s two closest friends, his family, two of the reasons for which he lives-”

“Just shut up! We’re not going to tell you what we know, so you might as well kill us now!” screamed Ron.

Voldemort walked up towards the two of them, and bent down, low enough to speak to Ron’s face,

“You, I gather, are a Weasley, your family are one of the last remaining pure bloods, but instead of joining me, you decide to help mudbloods and Muggle lovers-“

Ron spat in his face.

Tom wiped his face and drew himself closer to Ron. “So, you have had a confidence boost. I will like to see how long it will last after I use every torture curse I know.”

“It won’t do any good,” muttered Hermione.

Tom stood up and bent over Hermione, “The famous mudblood, I will let you know what I think; I think that I will be able to read your mind, so that you do not have to open that dirty mouth of yours.”

Hermione mustered all confidence she had and came with the perfect reply, “I may be a Muggle-born, but at least I admit it, I bet all your Death Eaters don’t know that you have a Muggle father!”

SLAP

“Don’t you dare lay a finger near her again!” shouted Ron.

“I will enjoy torturing you both!” hissed Tom.

Just then, the door swung open, and Bellatrix ran in, “My lord, we are under attack. The Order, they are here for these two!”

Tom looked over at them, “Then let them try, because they will not last the night, give the order, kill them all!”

Ron started tugging on his ropes and chairs, whilst Hermione shut her eyes and a single tear ran down her face.

“RON, HERMIONE!?”

“REMUS!” shouted Ron, “IN HERE!”

Remus came skidding around the corner with Bill and Charlie following him,

“Perfect!” sneered Tom.

“BONBARDER!” shouted Remus, pointing his wand at the chains that held Ron and Hermione.

Bill ran forward, grabbed Hermione and helped Ron up.

The room went silent.

Ron, Hermione, Remus, Bill, Charlie, Bellatrix and Tom all looked over at the door, where a battle began, between the Order and the Death Eaters. Tonks ran through the door, clutching the two teenagers’ wands, and tripping over Bellatrix’s out stretched leg. The wands flew over to the other end of the room; Charlie grabbed them, and chucked them to Ron and Hermione.

Hermione grabbed hers with such grace and darted spells at every Death Eater she could saw. Ron watched with horror, as his friends and family were fighting for their lives. That was until he was face to face with Voldemort himself.

“Mr. Weasley-“

“Don’t talk to me, scum!” shouted Ron.

Tom raised an eyebrow and sneered, “So your one of the friends that Mr. Potter will risk his neck for, one of the reasons for him wanting to live-“

“Save it!” screamed Ron, his eyes blazing.

Tom laughed, giving Ron shivers down his spine, “I think I need to teach you and your mudblood friend a lesson. Bella!”

Bellatrix came up from behind him and sneered.

It all happened so quickly, Tom pointed his long finger towards Hermione, Bellatrix sneered and pointed her wand toward Hermione, who was now in battle with Lucius Malfoy.

Ron shouted for Hermione, who didn’t hear him. He then ran towards her, as Bella began to chant her spell, he pushed Hermione out of the way, she fell and he was hit with Bella’s curse.

***
Ginny and Severus both Apparated to the Burrow, Ginny screamed and nearly fainted.

The Dark Mark was glowing high above. Severus held tight on to Ginny’s shoulders, and then rushed into the house. Nothing. He came out ten minutes later and shook his head, “Nobody is here, not even a body, I think it is a distraction; I think the Order has started the battle.”

Ginny sighed, “Check your mark.”

Indeed, the Dark Mark engraved onto Severus’ arm was glowing.

“It’s started,” stated Severus.

Ginny looked up at him, “So, we go into battle, tonight.”

Severus held out his hand, in which Ginny took, he was the only one out of the two of them that knew where headquarters were.

CRACK! They both Apparated.

They arrived just outside the building, and rushed inside. Severus hexed two of the Death Eaters on guard, as Ginny took in the scene in front of her.

Anger bubbled and fire erupted out of her fingertips. Her eyes blazing red, she met the first Death Eater that tried to attack her, [she] grabbed his neck and he was instantly burnt to cinders. She then looked for the nearest person she knew, when she heard a scream-

“RON!”

Ginny spun around, and watched as her brother was hit in the chest with a curse, made by Bellatrix. Ginny stared down at his limp body, he was still breathing, but barely. His face, arms and legs were engraved with deep cuts, gashes and bruises. She turned to look at Hermione who had frozen on the spot.

Bellatrix; Ginny nearly lifted her wand, but Hermione beat her to it. She ran up to Bellatrix and punched her square in the face. She then pulled out her wand and pressed it against Bellatrix’s left temple. That was when Hermione Granger uttered the Death Curse, and she meant it.
***
Ron was on the floor, he could feel his breathing lessening, the blood spurting out of him, his heart aching. Suddenly he saw a burst of green light, and saw Bellatrix hit the floor, stone dead. Hermione came rushing to him, and tried pulling him up to her.

Ron chuckled, “Mione, I’m fine-”

“What the hell did she hit you with?” sobbed Hermione.

Ron groaned, “I was too busy trying to-”

“Save my life, why did you do that?” whispered Hermione.

Ron tried to sit up, but screamed in pain, “Because, Hermione Granger I am madly in love with you.”

Hermione smiled and gave him a searching look, “I love you too Ron, I have for so long.” She bent her head and gently pressed her lips against Ron’s lips, as she kissed him, with a passion.

Ron draped his hand around her head, and then screamed in pain. Hermione looked down at his wounds, he was bleeding internally, she grabbed hold of his hand, “I’m not going to let you die, do you hear me?”

He smiled and kissed her hand, “It’s alright Mione.”

Suddenly Ginny rushed down and knelt down next to the both of them. She gasped looking at Ron’s wounds,

“Gin?”

“Merlin Ron, if it wasn’t for Hermione killing that bitch I’d of killed her instead-”

Ron stared at Hermione, “You killed Bellatrix?” Hermione nodded, to which Ron smiled, “That’s my girl.”

Severus came onto the scene- “Who did this?” he asked.

“Bellatrix,” sneered Ginny.

“He’s been hit with the Torture Curse, it’s a much more powerful curse, and it’s Bellatrix’s signature. I cannot do much, I am so sorry.”

Hermione burst into tears once again, and Ginny shook her head,

“No, there has to be a cure-”

Severus shook his head, “It’s only a matter of time. I am so sorry. He isn’t going to make it.”

Hermione buried her head into his shoulder as Ron continued to cough up blood.

He held both Hermione’s and Ginny’s hands and look at them both, his voice strained, “I love you, both of you so much, look after each other.”

His hands dropped, and his head bashed against the floor with a thud.

Hermione and Ginny burst into tears.

***
Harry, Sirius and Draco all Apparated to the holding place, the battlefield. The sight before them saddened them all. The battle seemed to pause; every one stopped fighting. They parted the way for Harry as he shouted for Tom.

“Tom Riddle, you wanted this bloody fight? Come and fight me!”

Silence, then the crowd parted even wider for Tom.

“Ah, Harry, I am ever so glad you come, we’ve missed you-”

Harry stared at him, then held up his wand-

“Kill them!” both Harry and Voldemort shouted so loud that the entire cave echoed. The battle grew wilder, as Sirius went into a battle with Lucius Malfoy.

“Let's end this!” said Harry.

“Let's,” sneered Tom.

Harry lifted his wand, as did Tom....

“EXPELLIARMUS!” both of the wands reacted, as the bright light shown throughout the cave.

Both components shot curse, after charm, after spells at each other, when Tom shouted- “It is no good Harry, I am immortal, I cannot be killed, but you however can.”

Harry laughed, “No Tom, you are not immortal, I've destroyed all your horcruxes.”

Tom looked stunned and slightly scared, “That' impossible-”
space
“I beg to differ, Ginny even killed herself, there's nothing left but you and the snake!”

Tom sneered, “Then you have lost Harry Potter- CRUCIO!”

The pain that went through Harry was unbelievable, but he did not fall, he did not groan in pain, he looked the Dark Lord directly in the eye.

***
Ginny had ended the lives of twelve Death Eaters tonight, she had also heard Harry talk about Nagini, the snake, she rushed out of the main entrance of the cave into the quarters of Tom Riddle.

She lifted her right hand and clicked her fingers, as a thousand sparks exploded from her fingertips, giving her light. There, in the highest chair, in the chair of death was her goal; the pet snake lay there and stared back at Ginny.

“You can come out from behind the skin-”

At those words, the snake slowly transformed into a beautiful witch, with black hair and blood shot eyes.

“Nagini, glad you could face me as a woman-”

“The heir of Gryffindor, the youngest and the most powerful. Let's put this to the test, Ginevra!” she sneered.

“Allow me!” laughed Ginny, as she ran up to the women and grabbed her neck, Nagini gave a loud screech, as she dug her finger nails into Ginny, but Ginny was ready. Her hands let out a powerful and old magic, and the true phoenix tear came alive, as the old snake was burnt alive by the touch of Ginny.

“Well, that was easy!” said Ginny, breathless.


.......

Harry was tired, so he used his last piece of strength to aim the Cruciatus Curse directly at Voldemort's heart. He uttered the words, and expected nothing to happen, however…the Dark lord was in clear pain.

“Impossible!” Tom screamed.

Harry coughed out blood and collapsed. When a pair of strong arms caught him, “Come on Harry, you can do this, you're stronger than he is, and you are loved!” whispered Sirius.

Harry looked into Sirius's eyes, “But she's dead, they're all dead-”

Sirius looked helplessly at Harry, when Voldemort stood over them, “How enchanting, a godfather coming to save his young godson, how touching, to die together-”

The two of them knew it was coming, as they clung onto each other as an embrace-

“AVADA-”

“Crucio!” a voice screamed, as a jet of fire was aimed straight into Voldemort's chest.

There stood Ginny.

“Impossible!” whispered both Harry and Voldemort.

“You didn't really think I was going to be killed that easily, did you?” sneered Ginny.

“Lily!” muttered Sirius.

Ginny conjured more firestorms and aimed them directly towards Voldemort.
She then ran straight towards Harry, and held him in her arms,

“Gin?” he croaked.

“Hey, I'm here.”

“I thought I lost you.”

“Never”

He smiled at her.

“Remember what Dumbledore said?”

Harry shook his head.

“You have power, that he does not, Harry, your ability to love!”

Harry stared at her; finally understanding as her lips crushed down onto his, one touch was enough as their tongues entwined.

“I love you Harry Potter!” she whispered.

“I love you Ginny Weasley!”

He got up, and looked Ginny in the eyes, drowning into her deep chocolate eyes.

“I LOVE YOU!” he shouted.

Ginny smiled, “I love you too!” she said aloud.

He turned to Sirius,

“I love you kiddo!” Sirius beamed.

“I love you too Sirius!”

Voldemort got up and straightened up, staring at the three of them, confused and angry he pointed his wand at Harry until —

“I love you Harry James Potter!” came Hermione's voice.

Harry spun around, “I love you Hermione Jane Granger!”
Other Weasleys and Order members stopped what they were doing.

“I love you Ron!”

A ghost appeared at his right, Harry stared, “Oh no, please no-”

Ron shook his head, “Shut up, and kill the twat, oh and remember Harry, I love you mate, so much!”

Tears welled up in his eyes, as Lupin stepped forward,

“I love you Harry!”

“So do I!” came Tonks’ voice.

Mrs. Weasley smiled, “As do Arthur and I!”

“I love you all as well!” laughed Harry.

Tom Riddle felt his heart ache, he felt his brain melt, his emotions burnt into nothing...

“I LOVE YOU MUM AND DAD!” Harry screamed, blood dripping from his chin.

The cave went purple, a storm was brewing, “I love you Albus!”

The cave began to shake. He walked up to Voldemort, Ginny clutching his hand, and she kissed Harry's cheek.

“I love you!” she told him.

Harry turned toward her, “Marry me?”

Ginny smiled, “Of course,” she said and then kissed him passionately.

Harry then turned towards Tom, his wand pointing at his heart, “I do not or has any one else ever loved you, Tom Marvolo Riddle...AVADA KEDAVRA!”

The last thing that Tom Riddle did in his life was cry.

***
Very few members of that fight survived. Mostly evil died, and the remaining Death Eaters were locked up, when the Ministry turned up. Some of the good died that day however, the most memorable:

Ron Weasley,
Arthur Weasley
Severus Snape
Kingsley Shacklebolt
Alastor Moody
Minerva McGonagall

When Ginny had held Harry's hand as he had killed the darkest lord, she had been the closest to witness what love can do. It can destroy all evil; it gave Harry the courage to do it.

Harry had collapsed when Tom had fallen, Sirius caught him, Ginny had caressed him, Hermione had cried and Remus has helped Sirius.

The boy that had lived died that night; but the man had survived.

Harry had been rushed to St. Mungo’s, and when he had awoken, he was greeted by Ginny, who had smiled and kissed him.

Hermione entered screaming and sobbing, and had hugged Harry. She looked into his eyes and searched them, and then she searched his features until she came across his forehead. And she laughed and pointed,

“Harry, were on earth is your scar?”

End.


A/N- There you have it. I hope you have enjoyed it, please, oh, please review, I like to see what your thoughts were, good or bad. Thanks for reading!
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear