Search:

SIYE Time:10:39 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Past And Present Love
By A Drop of Fire

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 10
Summary: Harry dissapeared from the Weasley's six months ago, leaving a crushed and broken Ginny Weasley behind. Will the two reunite, or will the love they once shared be lost forever?
Hitcount: Story Total: 5696



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
This is my first fanfic, please read and review!




ChapterPrinter



It was 9:00 in the morning, and a 16 year old girl lay sleeping in her lavender quilted bed. The teenager started to stir and then sat up abruptly in her bed. She looked around and relaxed a bit. Realizing that she was in her room, she got out of bed and walked bleary eyed and tousle haired to the bathroom. She reached the door and closed it behind her. Looking in the mirror, the girl took out a comb and started combing her hair out. Running the comb through her vibrant red hair, the girl silently cursed herself for having that hair, the trademark of her family. Everyone had red hair, and for being part of that family she hated herself. She was part of the one family that a certain raven haired boy had said he couldn’t be a part of.

The night before the Final Battle in the wizarding world, the raven haired boy had left their house, leaving a note that said:


Thank you so much for the chance to be in your family. You have shown me love that I thought I would never receive. But, because of this love, I must refuse the offer to join your family. I love you all too much to put you in more danger that I already have. You’ve dealt with me enough, and for that I am thankful. I most likely won’t see you again, but always remember me, and I will do the same for you. All my love…


This letter had crushed the girl’s heart, and because she was part of the family, she would never see this boy again. He was the only boy she had ever loved, and he had been taken away from her. She remembered the night that they had confessed their feelings for one another…

~
The Gryffindor common room was completely empty except for a raven haired boy, who sat sitting in front of the fire, his emerald green eyes glazed over in thought. There was a noise on the staircase across the room, but the boy didn’t bother to look up. A red haired girl came down the staircase and was surprised to see a boy sitting near the fire. She had thought that no one would be awake at this hour.

The girl walked up to the boy and sat down beside him. He didn’t even turn to look at her. Then the girl spoke in a quiet voice, “I know you have a lot to think about, but maybe I could help. Please, I want to help…”

The boy turned his head to look at her, and she saw his face was streaked with tears. She wanted to cry out and wrap him in her arms. She wanted to tell him right there that she had always loved him and always would.

“Why is it that you always want to help? Everyone stays away from me, thinking that they’ll die if they get to close and become friends with me, and yet, no matter how hard I try to push you away, you still want to help. I don’t want to get you hurt,” said the boy.

“I care about you…I want to help you. I know what you think and why you don’t get close to anyone. But, you shouldn’t push everyone away. I truly care about you…” replied the girl.

“Why? Why do you care about me? I never even noticed you until my fifth year. Then I screwed things up after my sixth year. How could you possibly care about me, after I broke up with you like that?” asked the boy.

“It’s not like you had time to notice me. What with Voldemort after you and all that stuff…”

“Yeah I guess you’re right…but that’s not an excuse” replied the boy.

The girl began to mumble, not meeting eyes with the boy.

“What was that? I didn’t hear you…” said the boy.

“I said…I said that I love you!”

“W-What!?” questioned the boy.

“I LOVE you!!!” said the girl. “Oh my gosh…I can’t believe I just said that…”

“I-I’m glad you did. No one’s ever said that to me before,” stated the boy, his lips turning upward in a cheeky grin.

The girl still hadn’t looked at the boy, but when she felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked around, staring into the boy’s endless green eyes. She got lost in his eyes, and jerked herself back to reality after a moment.

The boy’s grin began to falter, and with a gulp, he whispered, “I-I…I love you too.”

The girl looked down, hiding her smile. She felt the boys hand move from her shoulder to under her chin. He tilted her head up and looked into her eyes. Then, with more confidence he said, “I love you. I always have, I guess. I just didn’t realize it.”

With that, he lowered his head to hers and kissed her lightly on the lips. The girl kissed him back and the boy moved his right hand around her waist, and the other to her cheek. The girl wrapped her arms around the boy’s neck and pulled him closer to her.

Finally, the boy pulled away from the girl. “What will we tell your brother? He’d kill me if he found out that we’re back together,” said the boy.

“I guess we’ll tell him the truth,” replied the girl. With that, she stood up and flipped her red hair over her shoulder. “Good night!” she called. She turned and walked up the staircase to her dorm, leaving a raven haired, green eyed, boy staring after her with a cocky grin on his face.
~

The girl returned from the memory and looked at herself in the mirror. It had been six months since the boy she loved left. She had thought she had gotten over it, but looking back in the mirror, she saw glistening tears falling down her face.

At the same time, the raven haired boy was staring at his own reflection in the mirror, thinking of the same girl and the same memory. He thought of how hard it had been to write that good bye letter. He missed the red haired girl, and felt incomplete without her. The girl didn’t know that he had started a ton of letters to her, saying he’d come home. He wanted to, but even though Voldemort was gone, he knew he couldn’t see that family again. They had too many memories together. Some were happy, but most involved pain, suffering, or death. After all, this boy’s life was all pain and suffering. He had brought the pain to this family, and seeing them all again would only cause him to remember that he was the reason that they all had suffered. Looking back into the mirror, the boy saw that he had salty tears rolling down his face.

Wiping away the tears, he got up with a determined look on his face. The boy went out his apartment door, down the stairs, and crossed the lobby. He said to a short man, “Hello John, I just wanted to tell you that I won’t need the apartment any more. Thanks for letting me to stay here, but now, I’m going back…” With that the seventeen year old boy walked swiftly out the door, into the crisp morning air.

The girl had been staring at the mirror for over an hour. Tears still ran down her face, and she was doing nothing to stop them. The boy was never coming back to her, and she would have to let it all go. With that thought, a knock sounded on her door. She called out, “Come in…”

The door creaked open, and a raven haired, green eyed boy stood standing in the doorway. The girl had not turned around, but when no one said anything, she wiped her eyes and turned to face the door. The girl gasped and tears fell freely down her face again.

Then, after a moment, the boy said, “Hey Gin…”

The girl rushed forward and hugged the boy like she would never let him go. Then she choked out, “Hey Harry.”

Harry tilted her head up, just like he had done more than 6 months ago. He leaned down and kissed her with all the passion he had. Ginny returned it with the same, crying the whole time. She didn’t even realize that Harry was crying too.
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear