Search:

SIYE Time:5:30 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Battle of the Pranks
By Mallori Potter

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All, All
Genres: General, Humor
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 9
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Dumbledore decides to lighten up dark times.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3110



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
My first fic EVER! Thanks so much to my Beta!!




ChapterPrinter



"Attention, ladies and gentlemen. I have an announcement to make."

The hall was filled with scattered voices. "Instead of talking about what it might be, why don't you listen and find out?" Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eye. The voices ended. "In light of recent dark events, Hogwarts will be having our first annual Battle of the Pranks!" At this, everyone started talking again. Dumbledore just smiled and waited for their attention again. After the discussing subsumed, he continued on, "The Battle of the Pranks will be a competition between houses.


“The rules are that there shall be no permanent effects. All traces of the prank must disappear within twenty-four hours of their start. There shall only be one main prank. You may have other, small, pranks, but they must be somehow related to the main one. No students of opposing houses may enter other houses' common rooms. You may have the assistance of the Hogwarts house-elves if need to access those other rooms. You will have four calendar weeks from today. On April 1, we will announce the house with the best prank. Now, you may all proceed to your dormitories. Good Night!"



After the long speech by Dumbledore, everyone positively burst out speaking all at once. Harry watched his friends talk animatedly about this great task. Dumbledore had thought of the perfect thing to get all of their minds off Voldemort.





Later that night in the Gryffindor Tower, a meeting took place. "Now, we need to first of all decide when we're going to prank each house," announced the Head Girl, Hermione Granger.



"Let's prank them all on the same day!" called out an energetic second-year.



"Then all of the fun would be over," said Colin Creevey in a disappointed voice.



"Well, I thought that we should use the first week for planning, and then do one house per week," suggested Hermione. There were then calls of "Good plan!" and such. "That's settled then, now we need to decide who, what week and what our pranks are going to be. When should we do Hufflepuff?"


Who was writing all this down? Harry wondered.



"Second week!" everyone replied.


"Okay, Ravenclaw?"


"Third week!" everyone shouted. They were really getting pumped up about this.


"And Slytherin?"


"Last the best of all the game!" yelled out a bold first-year.


"Perfect," said Hermione. "Now, what pranks do we want to pull on Hufflepuff? Any ideas?" Everybody was quiet for a moment.



"What if we made all of their hair fall out?" ventured a fifth-year.

"That would be, err, a good prank, but remember it's only supposed to last a day," Hermione hesitantly replied.



"I've got it!" called out a pretty voice. Harry turned his head in that direction, and saw Ginny Weasley. Her eyes were aglow with excitement and her hair seemed to spark with electricity. Harry realized at that very moment that he loved Ginny Weasley. "Since most Hufflepuffs are shy and quiet, let's cast a Sonorus Charm on all of them."



"And to make it even funnier," Harry was surprised to hear words coming out of his mouth, "we could put a Truthful Spell on them."



"Harry, Ginny, that's brilliant! All in favor of their idea?" Each and every one of the Gryffindor raised their hands. "Good. Ginny, Harry, you two can be in charge of putting the spells into a charm ball, and giving it to the house-elves. I'll teach you how to make a charm ball later. Now, who has an idea for Ravenclaw?"



Harry frowned. Why had he done that? It was her idea. Would she be mad that he stole it? What would he say to her? He wasn't sure that he could talk to her without saying that he, well, loved her (it felt weird to say that). Oh, no, he thought, she doesn't have a crush on me anymore. If I tell her that I, well, love (once again, weird) her it would make her really uncomfortable? And what about Ron? Would he be mad that Harry loved her?' This conversation in his head was very fast and before he knew it Ginny was heading over to him.



"Hello."

The first syllable sounded like music to Harry. "I...I...I'm sorry I stole your idea." Why had he said that?

"Oh, no problem. Now I have someone to talk to while working on it." A whole sentence and he was drooling. "Well, see you tomorrow, Harry."

SPEAK, he told himself. "Err... see you tomorrow...Ginny." As she walked away he mentally beat himself up. Oh, why had he been so stupid? Why? Why? WHY???



**************************************** **************************************** ************



At the same time, Ginny was thinking the exact same thing. She was just leading her heart on, thinking that he liked her. He had barely even registered that she was talking to him. He had stared at the ground the whole time too. She would worry about it in the morning.



At 8:00 she was awaken by Hermione. "Ginny, you missed the rest of the meeting!”

"Oh, sorry I was thinking about something else."

"Harry?" said Hermione with that ridiculous smile on her face.


"I...no...yes," Ginny replied grudgingly. "Anyway, what are we going to do for Ravenclaw?"

"Oh, well," she continued, "This fifth-year girl found a charm that makes wizards become muggles, for a short period of time. Also, we got this spell that will make all of their textbooks say 'Gryffindor Rules!' over and over again."



"What about Slytherin?" asked Ginny.

"We couldn't decide something nasty enough, so we're having another meeting tonight. What time do you want me to teach you that charm ball?"


"What? Oh yeah...I dunno, I'll ask Harry." That was the wrong thing to say and Hermione's grin spread across her face even more.

"You ask Harry then and get back to me." As Hermione left, Ginny swore that she heard an evil laugh.



Ginny slowly got up and then ready for the day. As she walked through the common room and through the portrait hole, she wondered what fresh terror the morning would dish out. "I am not ready for today. Oh no, not today."
------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- -----------------------------------
Mal lori Potter
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear