Search:

SIYE Time:6:30 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


I Have You
By LadyTonks

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama
Warnings: Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 10
Summary: Ginny caught the Snitch but it wasn't quite what she thought it would be.
Hitcount: Story Total: 7013



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I wrote this story for the LJ community catchmysnitch and realized that I didn't post it here! This is just a little, sort of eerie one-shot. Hope you enjoy it! Special thanks to LadyTory and WandrinDreamer for their constant support, beta work and just for being themselves! I love you guys! LT




ChapterPrinter


As her eyes searched for the Snitch, Ginny realized that this was the most brutally competitive match she had ever played. The tension was even higher than last year’s match for the Cup when she had played for Harry during his Quidditch ban. She had been playing opposite Cho Chang then as well.

The Snitch was nowhere to be found, so Ginny decided to fly to the opposite end of the pitch and try her luck there. Chang had been marking her every move all morning long and soon the two Seekers were heading towards the Gryffindor goal. That was when Ginny spotted the Snitch hovering a few feet behind the leftmost hoop.

Thanking Merlin that Harry had seen fit to lend her his Firebolt, Ginny accelerated, leaving her opposite behind. She took a moment to look back at an angry, swearing Cho and winked at her. This Snitch was Ginny’s and if she caught it right now, Gryffindor would win.

As her tiny hand closed around the even tinier Snitch, Ginny yelled, “I have you!” and went to lift her fist in victory. Her stomach began to feel funny. The tug she felt deep in her belly was not the sensation associated with the thrill of beating Cho yet again, but of a port key.

And then she was falling, falling through darkness. She looked frantically around and braced herself for impact with the hard ground. But, she was startled to find that she slowed down and landed gently on the damp, cold floor. Ginny squinted into the dim light of wherever she was. It seemed so familiar. But no, it couldn’t be! But, it was. She was in the Chamber of Secrets, the Firebolt was gone and she was not holding a Snitch, but Tom Riddle’s diary!

When Ginny looked down, she realized with a start that she was not wearing her Quidditch uniform. She was in her school robes. She tried to stand up but she couldn’t. Before she had time to even think about what had happened to her, she heard a voice that made her blood run cold.

“Hello, Ginevra. So nice to see you once again.”

It was Tom Riddle. Only it wasn’t. She looked up into his face and was left momentarily speechless at how the once handsome boy had twisted himself into a monstrous caricature of a man: bald, red-eyed and where his nose should have been there were only two slits that quivered slightly as he took in air.

Instinctively, Ginny crawled backwards in an effort to put as much distance between her and the madman as she could. Something was very wrong here. Hadn’t Harry taken care of Riddle all those years ago?

Tom’s high-pitched laughter echoed through the chamber and he said, “Going somewhere my dear? Do you really think I would let you escape from me twice? I have you.

Ginny somehow made it up on her shaky legs and began to run. She ran as fast as she could, holding the diary to her chest. Harry would need to destroy the book again. She stumbled and fell. Once again, Ginny was falling, falling, falling…

This time, she landed on her feet. A quick glance around and Ginny realized that she was in the Department of Mysteries at the Ministry of Magic. Instead of the diary, she was now clutching a warm glass orb. When she read the inscription, she realized it was Harry’s prophecy. But, where was Harry?

She heard Bellatrix Lestrange cackle, “I’ll do it.”

What was happening? Why was she back here again? What the bloody hell had been wrong with that Snitch? And, if Harry weren’t here, who would step in front of her? The short answer to that last query was - no one.

As she made a turn to escape, Bellatrix laughed and said, “Where do you think you can go, little girl? I have you.

Again, Ginny was running for her life through strange rooms filled with stranger objects. There were curses and hexes flying about and soon she was hit. Bracing for the impact that would shatter her ankle, Ginny was once again falling, falling, falling…

She landed this time in the middle a Hogwarts’ corridor amidst a battle. The orb had been replaced with her wand. Ginny dodged a well-placed Cruciatus curse. Then she heard her assailant say with glee, “You can’t dance forever, pretty…I have you!

Enter Harry to save the day. Or not. Ginny would have to fight her way out of this on her own. Before she had a chance to form a strategy, the lumpy death eater attacking her shot a curse that hit her straight in the gut, knocking her off of her feet.

Once again, she was falling. Upon landing this time Ginny found herself magically bound in an upright position and she knew instantly where she was. She was in the abandoned farmhouse that Malfoy held her hostage in during the final days of the war.

He had been driven to madness by the sight of his mother’s murder. The murder was punishment for his failure to follow orders. In his desperation to please Voldemort and to stop him from murdering his father, Draco had boldly kidnapped Ginny right under the noses of the Hogwarts’ staff.

Ginny knew better than to attempt to reason with Draco. Under normal circumstances the two were adversaries. But now, even one wrong word from Ginny’s mouth could cause the unstable young wizard to end her life.

“The Dark Lord will have to forgive me,” Draco rasped at her. “Don’t you see, Weasley? It is the only way. Potter will come for you. And then my father and I will be free. I have you!

The room fell silent as Draco walked purposefully over to the fireplace and began to heat what appeared to be a poker. Draco then turned from the hearth and advanced on Ginny, glowing weapon in his hand. He spoke of ‘branding’ her with a makeshift Dark Mark. This was when Harry came to save her. Only, he wasn’t coming. Where was he?

Ginny struggled hopelessly against the magical ropes that held her captive. She looked helplessly into Draco’s vacant, gray eyes. There was nothing she could do.

He rolled up the left sleeve of Ginny’s robe with tender care and traced his finger lovingly on her exposed arm. Ginny could feel the extreme heat as the poker came closer to her flesh and she let out a scream of terror…

She struggled even harder against her restraints and began to beg for it to stop, to be over, to end…

She heard a voice say, “Ginny. Wake up. It’s only a dream”

The power of that voice to calm her was instantaneous. She ceased her struggling at once and opened her eyes. She was not, as she thought, in that abandoned farmhouse. Ginny was in her bed, not held in place by ropes, but by her own bed linen. Harry was patiently trying to comfort her as he attempted to disentangle her from the sheets.

As she sobbed in relief, Harry hugged Ginny close to him. He then whispered, “Was it the Snitch dream again, Love?”

Ginny nodded and snuggled closer to her husband. Ever since Harry had rescued her from Draco over a year ago, Ginny had been having what she and Harry called her ‘Snitch’ dream. Hermione had surmised that this was due to the trauma of Ginny’s kidnapping. Ginny didn’t care what was causing the reoccurring nightmare; she just wished they would stop.

It had been her hope that once she and Harry were safely married, the nightmares would cease to be. In truth, since their wedding a few weeks ago, the dreams had almost disappeared. But, she still felt so helpless and embarrassed that she didn’t have firmer control over her emotions.

Harry kissed the top of her head and said, “I don’t mind. I know how horrible it can be to have nightmares.”

“I thought, well I had hoped that I’m your wife that…”

“That they would go away?” Harry interrupted.

Ginny sighed as she answered, “Silly as it sounds that is exactly what I had hoped.”

“They are getting better though. I mean, less often, right?” Harry asked.

“Yes.” Ginny said, reluctantly, “But…”

Harry interrupted “So, be patient and give it some more time.”

“But, I...”

“Shhh, Ginny. You don’t have to worry anymore. I have you.
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear