Search:

SIYE Time:3:21 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Library Coversations
By Cheeky Monkey

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger
Genres: Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 8
Summary: Guess who has decided to visit Hogwarts and Harry? Yes, Cho is back!
Will Harry ever break up with her? Will Ginny finish her homework without getting chucked out of the Library? Will Harry get the girl he wants? Will Ginny ever get the Hint?
It's all going on at Hogwarts!
Hitcount: Story Total: 5440



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Ok, this is my first fanfiction...could you tell? Anyway, all types of criticism will be welcomed and i really appreciate anything that will help me improve my writing!
Thanks for reading! =D




ChapterPrinter


He thanked the Heavens when he ran into the library and saw his sanctuary; a bookshelf. He jumped behind it and peered through the books to see the entrance, he saw her walk in, look around and then get ushered out by the Librarian for loitering.
He did a victory dance, all the while mouthing, "YES! I escaped! YES! I escaped…I’M FREE!”

"Boo!"

"Ack!" Harry exclaimed, as his dance was interrupted, he spun around to see the person who had scared him within an inch of his life. "Oh, it's you" He sighed as his heartbeat slowed down; he had thought it was Her.

“It’s lovely to see you too Harry.”

“Ginny I’m sorry, it’s just, she’s been chasing me all day, and she won’t leave me alone!” he explained as they walked of to sit at a table.

“Aww, poor Harry, his girlfriend won’t leave him alone.” Ginny said in mock sympathy.

“Don’t be mean; you’re supposed to be on my side you know!” He said pouting at her.

“Is it my fault you’ve bagged yourself the clingiest girl that Hogwarts ever had to offer? I think not!” she said as she took out her books. “Come on Harry; if your relationships not what you expected then just dump her, it can’t be that hard. It’s Cho Chang for goodness shakes!”

“Don’t you think I’ve tried breaking up with her? Soon as she hears the work break or split, she thinks I’m talking about her nails or her hair. She’s just so frustrating!” he growled, throwing his hands up in the air.

“Harry, be quiet, or you’ll get me thrown out of the Library, if you’re really stuck, read this book, it helped me break up with Dean without hurting him…too much anyway,” Ginny said as she handed him a book out of her bag.

“‘101 Ways to Break Someone’s Heart…Nicely’ what a nice title this book has, it just fills me with confidence!” he said sarcastically.

“Oh, do shut up and read it. If one of these doesn’t work; I’ll break up with her for you, OK?”

“Alright then, Mum!” he sighed, while smirking at her, her response was to stick her tongue out at him, he rolled his eyes and started to read.

************

“Wow!” he said as he lowered the book, “This is actually a fairly good book, and I found one that might work!” He started clapping his hands. ”Yay”

“Alright then Harry, calm down, you’re only breaking up with her,” Ginny said in good humour.

“No, you don’t understand, I’ve like this other girl for ages, but I couldn’t break up with her…Now I can, and I can ask you…I...I...I mean the girl I like, out now!! Oh, I’m so happy!!” he said while wiping away a fake tear, trying to cover up his mistake.

“Yes Harry!” Ginny said looking at him like he was deranged, still thinking about his slip of the tongue confession.

“Alright then, I shall be back!” he said running out of the library to find his soon to be Ex-girlfriend.

***********
“Cho! CHO! HELLO?” Harry shouted as he ran down towards the entrance hall.

“AHA! Cho! Before you leave I have something to tell you…” he began.

“Oh, Harry, you came to say goodbye, how sweet. You know I couldn’t find you anywhere, can you believe I even went into the library, me, in a library, who’d have thought?” Cho said laughing.

“Err…yeah, well the thing is….”

***********
“So, how did it go?” Ginny asked as he dragged himself into the library twenty minutes later.

“Not as good as I had thought.” he sighed as he dropped down onto the chair next to her.

“I thought it might go that way, you should have seen me breaking up with dean, I have it on good authority that it was hilarious,” she said as she glanced up at him, she did a double take, “What happened to you?” she exclaimed as she examined his face.

“She slapped me, who’d have thought she had that much strength in one little arm?” He winced as she poked his red cheek.

“You’re gonna have that hand-print there all day now,” she said grinning at him, trying to stifle her giggles.

“Oh, thanks for the sympathy Ginny.” He rolled his eyes at her and made to get up.

“Oh no, I’m sorry, look I’ve stopped laughing now, I’m over it, I really am,” she said as she broke out in giggles again.

“Oh fine then, I really am going now,” he said as he stood up.

“No, really I have now,” she pleaded as she pulled him back down to sit near her. “No, wait, you do have to go don’t you; you have that girl to ask out now that you’re a free agent. So go, scoot.” She pushed him toward the door.

“Wait…but Ginny…what…” he stuttered as she pushed him out the library door.

“No, no, who am I to stand in the way of Harry Potter’s love life, you go ask her, go on, and remember…courage!” she said as she smiled encouragingly at him.

“But…” he said as the door slammed in his face, “it was you I wanted to ask out.”

Man! I guess she’s more like Ron that I thought he said to himself as he walked away with his shoulders hunched, looking like a defeated hero.

**********

“Hey Hermione,” Harry said as he slumped down on the common room floor later that day.

“Hello Harry, what’s wrong?”

As he explained the day’s events to her, he failed to notice a certain person sat not two metres away from them on the armchair in front of the fire.

“…and then she shoves me out of the library, failing to realise that it’s her I want to go out with and have liked for nearly six months now. I think everybody knew that I did except Cho and her! Even Ron knew, I mean honestly did I not make it clear enough? She just frustrates me so much, I drop these huge hints and she’s still just acting like she’s completely clueless…and that just makes her more cute, when she gets that contemplating look on her face and she scrunches up her nose and —“

“Alright then Harry, you’re starting to ramble now, what you need to do is to tell this to Ginny, because…well…I have no better advice! Sorry.” And, she left.

“Well, what a fruitful conversation that was! OK, I now have to find Ginny and tell her everything…” he said as he stood up and headed for the Portrait Hole.

“Harry you don’t need to find me…I’m right here, I have been all along,” Ginny said rising from her chair.

“Ginny?” he said as he turned around. ”So you know?”

“Yes, I know; about how you’ve liked me for six months, how you tried to break up with Cho around twenty times, how you think I’m cute when I’m thinking,” she said slowly, smirking at him as she walked towards him.

He gulped as she reached him, slowly walking around him and stopped by his left ear. She leaned up and whispered, “Yes!” and came back to stand in front of him.

“What?” he exclaimed, confused expecting something a bit different than that.

“I’m saving you the trouble of asking me out, by saying yes in advance. God knows how long it would have taken you to ask me out on your own.” She laughed at his noise of protest, “You know its true Harry.” He grinned at her sheepishly, “See you at the gates tomorrow for our Hogsmede date, 10:00 AM, I can’t wait.” And with that, she disappeared up the staircase with a blown kiss and a wink.

She knows me far too well. He thought as he headed up to bed with a permanent grin attached to his face.
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear