Search:

SIYE Time:13:09 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Far Too Long
By StrawberryRice

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Romance, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 10
Summary: Minutes after his final battle with Voldemort, Harry apparates to Hogwarts... desperate to see Ginny.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6041



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
My first H/G songfic done to Nickelback's "Far Away". Please note that I do not own the song and I'm making no money off of it. Any reviews are greatly appreciated.




ChapterPrinter


Authors Notes: This Nickelback song is just awesome. The first time I heard it I thought it would make an excellent Harry/Ginny songfic. In addition to the normal disclaimers I would like to add that I do not own this song, I didn't write it and I certainly didn't sing it.

----

Far Too Long

Harry Apparated as close to the school as he possibly could. He collapsed onto the cold ground outside of Hogsmeade. He lifted his head slowly, checking his surroundings. With a moan of pain, he pushed himself up from the ground. He felt his leg give way, and he leaned on a nearby tree for support. It was finally over. His breaths came out shallow and painful, the cold night air making it that much worse. He felt the warm blood slide down his cheek, and with a gentle tap, landed on the gravel below. He was finally dead. Finally. After all these years, Harry Potter finally felt free. He had lingered long enough for the Ministry to round up the remaining Death Eaters, and dispose of Voldemort's mangled corpse. After checking on Ron and Hermione, both who were safe and sound... just a little battered, he Apparated directly here.

He stared up at Hogwarts. His gaze met Gryffindor tower. A few windows still seemed to be flickering with the signs of life. He checked the nearest clock in a display window. 2:00 AM. He released the tree branch, and started his way up the long winding path up to the old castle. He ignored the shooting pain in his leg. That curse had really done its job well. Blood seeped through his jeans and into his shoes. He would worry about all that later. He didn't have time to worry about cuts, bruises or blood. He only had one thing on his mind.

His whole body felt as if it was on fire. He couldn't remember the path leading up to Hogwarts was this long. A lone rock tripped him and he fell onto the ground. His face smashing into the cold snow. He heard footsteps and he cautiously looked up. Professor McGonagall came hurrying down the path, an anxious look on her face.

"Harry Potter! What on Earth are you doing here boy? You've set off every magical alarm this school has." She bent over and heaved his aching body off the ground. He leaned on her for support.

"I have to see her," Harry managed to mumble.

"It's okay Potter, I've got you." Harry only stared at her face, she smiled at him gently.

"Good work tonight, Harry," she added, a small twinkle in her eye. "Your parents and Dumbledore would have been very proud."

Harry stumbled but Professor McGonagall held onto him tightly. She was surprisingly strong for a woman of her age.

"We need to take you to Madame Pompfrey, I think you'll make it but you're bleeding all over."

"NO!" Harry gasped. "Gryffindor common room. I have to see her... NOW." The urgency in his voice worried her slightly.

"Miss Wealsey?" she questioned with knowing eyes. Harry meekly nodded.

"Hold on Potter, we'll take you up there." She held out her wand and pointed it directly over the castle, shooting off red sparks. Within moments, Harry saw the tall figure of Hagrid running in their direction.

"I saw your... Harry?!" Hagrid was definitely surprised to see him. Harry managed to smile at Hagrid, so happy to see his friend again.

"Help me take up to Gryffindor tower, Hagrid." Professor McGonagall instructed. Harry felt his body lifted into the air as Hagrid picked him up.

"No problem, Headmistress." Hagrid was more than happy to oblige.

"I'm going to run and get Madame Pompfrey but Potter is determine to see Miss Weasley.. if you would just escort him Hagrid." She examined Harry nervously.

"Of course." Hagrid nodded in her direction as followed her into the castle.

Harry wanted nothing more than to descend into sleep but he knew this couldn't wait until the morning. He looked into Hagrid's eyes and found him to be smiling brightly at him.

"Ye did it Harry. Ye made it."

----

Hagrid carried Harry up the long staircase leading to Gryffindor Tower. Harry barely remembered seeing the Fat Lady, and Hagrid mumbled the password. With a sharp pain, Harry felt his legs back on solid ground. He slumped and Hagrid caught him.

"Go on, Harry."

With all the strength Harry could muster, he climbed through the portrait hole. To his surprise, the room was still filled with the light of the fireplace. He gazed around the room fondly, realizing how much he had missed it. It was so quite. He pulled himself all the way through the hole and landed sloppily onto the carpet. He wondered for a second how he was going to get her attention knowing she would be in her dorm room and definitely knowing he wasn't allowed to go up there. A sudden noise answered his question. Coming down the stairs in her pink tank top and black shorts was a very groggy Ginny Weasley.


-"This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait
Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there’s just one left
‘Cause you know,
you know, you know

That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you’ll be with me
and you’ll never go
Stop breathing if
I don’t see you anymore"-

----

Her eyes focused in on him, and he caught his breath. Even in the middle of the night, she still looked beautiful. Her eyes widened in surprise, and her hand went to cover her mouth as she knew it was hanging open with shock. They stood this way for a moment, as if trying to figure out whether the other was real or not.

Ginny couldn't believe he was standing in front of her. It had been so long since she had seen him last. Even thought his face was covered with scratches, blood and dirt... he still looked so handsome.

"Harry...." she whispered.

That was all the encouragement that he needed, with a drop of his wand, he forgot all about his pain and darted towards her. She reached out her arms and caught him in a bone-crushing hug.

Her smell was intoxicating. Her body was intoxicating. He felt the tears fall freely from his eyes. He was finally back where he belonged. He had missed her for so long. She had grown even more beautiful. He buried his face in her neck and sobbed. It was finally over. He could finally stay here with Ginny. He no longer had to worry about whether or not he was going to die the next day. He no longer had to worry. It was over. The weight of the world had finally been lifted from Harry Potter's shoulders. He held onto her tightly. He would never let her go again for as long as he lived.

She felt his body shivering and she did her best to comfort him. She ran her fingers through his hair, she whispered into his ear that it was okay and he could finally relax. As she said this, she felt his body go limp and she lowered him onto the floor. He kept his arms wrapped tightly around her. She clung back with just as much desperation. She had missed him for so long. She had worried that she would never again see his face, and here he was. He was a little broken, but still in one piece. She thanked God for bringing him back and keeping him safe.

Ginny finally pulled back from him, wanting to look at his face. She conjured a wet cloth and wiped away the dirt and tears from his face. She smiled at him softly, her eyes never leaving his. Harry's hand lifted and he ran his fingers through her long red hair. He had missed the soft feeling of her hair. His fingers traced her beautiful face.

"I'm sorry." he muttered.

"For what Harry?"

"For leaving you behind. I've missed you terribly." His face was once again buried in her body. She pulled him back and started into his green eyes.

"It's okay, you're back that's all that matters..." She meant it and hoped that he would see that.

"Is there anyone...?"

"No, Harry, there isn't anyone but you."


-"On my knees, I’ll ask
Last chance for one last dance
‘Cause with you, I’d withstand
All of hell to hold your hand
I’d give it all
I’d give for us
Give anything but I won’t give up
‘Cause you know,
you know, you know

That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you’ll be with me
and you’ll never go
Stop breathing if
I don’t see you anymore"-

----

Harry lifted his head, and kissed her softly. She responded whole heartedly. She had been waiting for him for so long. It felt like a lifetime since she had felt his lips on hers. It was the greatest feeling she had ever known. She hoped that this wouldn't be the last time.

Harry felt a sharp pain in his leg and pulled away from Ginny. She glanced down at his wound and her face fell slightly.

"Harry, shouldn't you have seen a healer?" she questioned, her eyebrows raised.

"I didn't have time..."

"You're badly injured Harry! This is no time to be macho." Ginny's eyes flared with a small amount of anger.

"I had to get back to you. I had to tell you that I love you."

She felt herself soften against him and she pulled him close again.

"I'm so sorry, Gin. I wished I hadn't left you."

"I wished you had stayed Harry."

-"I wanted
I wanted you to stay
‘Cause I needed
I need to hear you say
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long
So keep breathing
‘Cause I’m not leaving
Hold on to me and
never let me go"-

Ginny held onto Harry, and Harry held onto Ginny, comforting one another. They finally had the chance they had both been waiting for. For once, there was nothing standing in their way. They could lay here. and be together for as long as they wanted. There was no urgency to run, no urgency at all. They had all the time in the world now and they wanted to take full advantage of it.

Ginny encouraged him to sleep and as he did, she called Madame Pompfrey into the room. She tended to Harry as he slept. Ginny imagined he probably hadn't had much sleep. He was almost in a coma like state. She smiled as she ruffled his hair. She slipped some potion down his throat to help speed along the recovery of his wounds. Madame Pompfrey treated his leg with some rather foul smelling ooze, and covered it with heavy bandages. She conjured a temporary bed for Harry, and with the help of Ginny, they moved him onto it. Ginny was left with Harry with promises of potion every hour on the hour and to keep him covered in case of fever.

Ginny wouldn't dare of doing anything otherwise. She took care of Harry for the rest of the night. Now that she finally had him back, she wasn't about to let him go again.
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear