Search:

SIYE Time:9:27 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Kisses & Sugar Quills
By rinoa

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 83
Summary: Ginny has a few habits which Harry adores. H/G, r+r
Hitcount: Story Total: 9108







ChapterPrinter


Kisses & Sugar Quills

Summary: Ginny has a few endearing habits which Harry adores. H/G, r+r

Disclaimer: JK Rowling is God. I’m not *grins* I own the plot, however, steal and face the wrath of Voldie.

A/N: hallo, hallo! I’m Rinoa, you might have read my Lily/James stories once or twice, because, er, that’s all I write… until now, that is! Yay! I love Harry/Ginny ships, but I seriously can’t write them =/ this is a short story and my first attempt at present-Hogwarts. Hope you like it, read and review! =D



________________________




16-year-old Harry Potter scrambled down the stairs to the common room on Christmas morning, feeling happier than he ever did. He loved Christmas, especially now that he got to spend them with his friends. Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and Ginny Weasley were staying with him at Hogwarts to celebrate the holiday, though he suspected that Ron had different reasons for doing so. A reason which has bushy light brown hair…

"Merry Christmas, Harry!" Hermione greeted happily as she hugged him. She was in a nice pink jumper with a huge ‘H’ on the front; apparently a Weasley sweater from Ron’s mother. Ron was right behind her, with a dark green jumper embroidered with ‘R’.

"No maroon!" Ron said happily. "Finally she remembers…"

"Ready to open the presents?" Hermione asked, jumping excitedly.

"Sure," Harry said, reaching for a parcel under the tree, when he noticed there were only three of them. "Where’s Ginny?"

"Oh, right," Ron said distractedly, beginning to pick at the wrappings of a rectangular package. "I think she wandered off somewhere, you know her…"

"Ron!" Hermione smacked his arm. "No opening of presents till she’s back here!"

"But you know Gin, she can dream out on the grounds for hours on end!" Ron argued.

As Hermione and Ron began bickering again, Harry slipped on his black cloak over his red jumper (which he loved to put over his PJs) and hurried out the portrait hole in search for Ginny. It was still early; about eight in the morning. Harry was surprised they didn’t sleep in.

Harry had a rough idea where Ginny might be. She was often on the grounds, humming away and chewing happily on a sugar quill. Sure enough, he saw the famous Weasley hair from half a mile off; it was made even more obvious in the snow. Smiling to himself, he headed toward the edge of the lake, where Ginny was perched at.

As he reached her, he slowed down to admire her features. There was almost a dreamy quality about her in the mornings–her soft brown eyes would be gazing off into the distance, her red hair in a slight tousle, and a sleepy half smile on her lips. Now she fitted exactly this description, and Harry chuckled to himself; she was chewing on yet another sugar quill, an entire box of it right beside her. A small book laid on her lap, and she was scribbling in it as she paused occasionally for a thought.

And yes. The humming. Harry could hear it clearer now. Ginny had this odd little habit of humming once she set her lips on a sugar quill. There it was now. Harry couldn’t help grinning as he recognized the tune. Little Drummer Boy. Of course.

"G’morning, Ginny," Harry said from behind her, quite enjoying the startled look on her face as she stopped humming to look at him.

"Harry! What are you doing out here?" Ginny asked, smiling as he sat down beside her.

"Looking for you," Harry replied, as Ginny unconsciously stuck the quill into her mouth again. "Aren’t you cold? You’re sitting on snow!"

Ginny looked at him strangely. "Are you cold?"

Realizing he wasn’t and remembering there was such a thing as Dry Spells and Warming Charms, Harry blushed slightly. "Oh, right." he smiled, watching her chew on her quill. "Don’t you ever get tired of those?"

"These?" Ginny pulled it out of her mouth again and smiled prettily at him. "Nope. I need the sugar. It gives me… energy."

Noting the almost-maniacal glint in her soft brown eyes, Harry got the idea and laughed. "Yes, it makes you hyperactive," he teased, and Ginny narrowed her eyes at him.

"Well, try one," she challenged, pulling out a sugar quill which resembled a barn owl’s feather. "It’s lovely. I don’t think you’ve ever been particularly fond of them…"

"I believe not, no," Harry said, cringing. "They look absolutely revolting. I can’t even imagine it to be sugar."

Ginny giggled and closed her book. "Oh come on, Harry. You’d think The Boy Who Lived wouldn’t be scared of eating a sugar quill. Where’s your sense of adventure?"

"Ginny…" Harry warned as she stuck the sugar quill onto his palm.

"Go on," Ginny cajoled, chewing on her own and gazing at him with wide brown eyes. "I dare you to."

Harry looked at Ginny and knew at once he’d made a mistake by doing so. She was smiling mischievously, and her tiny freckles made her very pretty under the cold sunlight. Her red hair spilled over her shoulders like a red waterfall, and she looked so warm and lovely in her cloak that…

Harry shook his head slightly and tried to concentrate on the quill. It was still in his hands.

"I wonder how I liked you before, Harry," Ginny said thoughtfully, looking innocently at him.

Harry felt himself redden. Ginny used to be quite taken with him, though that had died down and they became extremely good friends. "Why’s that?"

"You’re silly," Ginny said, a smile quirking the side of her lips. "It’s only a sugar quill…"

Harry stuck his nose out obstinately, but finally bit into the sugar quill. To his surprise, warm sugar melted on his tongue, and he was completely bowled over by its sweetness. "It’s… it’s nice," he stammered, looking at her.

Ginny finished her present sugar quill and took another from the box to start on. "Of course," she said lightly, chuckling. "I love it, remember?"

Harry gazed at her, suddenly feeling warm all over. Ginny was humming again… Jingle Bell Rock, he realized. She was half-smiling now, into her dream world, looking so sweet and innocent that Harry was enchanted.

"You came out to find me so we could open the presents, didn’t you?" Ginny asked distractedly.

Harry felt his breath catch in his throat as she turned her own gaze on him and met his green eyes. "I… I think… I forgot why," he murmured, his eyes never leaving hers.

Ginny chewed another small bit off her quill, and licked her lips. Harry felt himself lose control. He put his hand at the back of her head and leaned forward. Ginny’s eyes widened ever so slightly, but didn’t resist as his lips met hers, softly at first, then with abit more passion. Harry loved her lips on his. They tasted exactly like a sugar quill; it was sweet and made him warm all over. Ginny pulled away after a few moments, and blinked. "What’s that for Harry?"

"Er… Merry Christmas," Harry stammered, feeling himself redden as Ginny burst out laughing.

"Come on." Ginny said, pulling him up by the hand and gathering her things. "The last thing Ron and Mione needs is for us to hold them off the presents."

Harry held on to her hand as they hurried back to the castle. Harry’s lips were still tingling from the kiss, and he glanced at Ginny, who was looking straight ahead, oblivious to her surroundings.

"Gin?" he said hesitantly.

"Hmm?" another chew on the sugar quill.

"What are we?"

Ginny stopped and looked at him, her lips curled up in a small smile. "I don’t know, Harry," she said cautiously. "What do you want?"

Harry played with a strand of her red hair, and smiled at her question. "This," he whispered, kissing her softly.

Ginny chuckled and kissed him back, quickly. "Anything for you, Harry." She put the quill back into her mouth and chewed on it, blissfully.

Harry smiled and interlaced his fingers with hers, and they hurried back to the Gryffindor common room, both chewing happily on sugar quills.



A/N: I’m not expecting reviews, but it’d be nice if you could give me feedback so I can start writing more H/G fics. Thanks everyone who read this far! =)

Reviews 83
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear