Search:

SIYE Time:12:50 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Christmas with the Weasley Family
By soopersweet2005

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:All
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 14
Summary: Ginny and Harry are at the Burrow for Christmas, with their son and daughters. As Ginny surveys the group, she realizes how lucky she is.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4928



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
I don't own most ofthe characaters. I just own any and all offspring you see in the story.




ChapterPrinter


Christmas. How I love this holiday. I sweep my oldest child, James Sirius Potter into my arms, and hug him tightly, but the two-year old wriggles out of my arms, and runs for the tree where my mother and father have piled presents underneath. For just a second, I lose him in the swarm on tiny redheads around the tree, before I spot his emerald green sweater, standing out against the blues, the reds, and the pinks. I smiled; everyone had finally wised up, and put the sweaters my mom made onto their children

Harry stands in front of me, holding a car seat in either hand, a diaper bag hanging from his shoulder. He gingerly settles them onto the floor, and I pull one towards me, to free one of my children. Lily Harmony Potter yawns, and brings a mitten-covered fist to her eyes. They flutter open, and I smooth the curly jet-black locks away, revealing the emerald green orbs. Harry lifts Molly Faith from her car seat, and her eyes pop open, revealing the same eye color. In tandem, they wave their tiny fists, and scream in a way that only identical twins can do. I grin at Harry. Our miracles are only two days old. Everyone has been waiting to see them; normally they would have visited them at St. Mungo’s but Harry had convinced me to go with him to visit his aunt Petunia in Paris, so we went, taking James along with us. We would have left a couple days ago, but I went into labor, and had the twins, which required us to fly back to England, and rent a car to get to my parents house. Still, it was worth it.

My mother is nowhere and everywhere, popping out of the kitchen, shooing kids away from the tree, greeting children, before she spots Harry and I.

“Ginny! Harry! My grandbabies!” She cries, and hurries over to her, as does the rest of the group.

“Hello, Mum.” Harry and I reply, as redheads, and brunettes, and blondes, all over the place, swarm us.

“Aw…which one is this?” Hermione asks, caressing Lily’s tiny hand. Draco snorts, and holds up Felicity, their daughter, so she can get a better view.

“That’s Lily, ‘Mione. Can you not read the bracelet?” Draco asks, pointing at the gold bracelet that fits snugly on her wrist, the gold plate bearing her name in delicate script. Hermione blushes.

“Of course I can read it, I just didn’t see it.” She says, and Draco kisses her, before leaning over, to allow Felicity to touch Lily’s hand.

“Hi, Aunt Gin-Gin.” The toddler whispers. I grin, and kiss her forehead, tucking strands of her white-blonde hair behind her ears.

“Hi, Feli. I missed you, love.” I say, but before I can continue, she’s freed herself from Draco’s arms, and had ran to the other side of the couch, and is looking at Molly. Fred, Angelina, George, and Katie are next, surrounded by a mob of children.

“Hello, Fred, Angie, Kelly, Artie, and Jake.” I say, addressing Fred’s family. “George, Katie, Holly, Jordan.” They all grin, and before anyone can ask to hold Lily, Mum has swooped in, and is already holding her. She sits in her rocker, and beckons Harry to bring Molly over. Soon, she has them cradled in her arms, and the group is now around her. Taking Harry’s hand as he returns to the couch, I survey the group, my heart bursting with happiness.

Hermione, her stomach rounded, stands towards the back of the crowd, with Draco’s arms wrapped around her, resting on her belly. She’s due for her second child in 4 months. I smile as Felicity runs to Hermione, holding a hair clip, which has fallen out. Quick as a flash, Hermione has removed the rest of them, and redone her child’s hair into long plait.

Fred’s menagerie stands on my mother’s left, mingled with George’s. I watch as Kelly jumps onto Artie’s back, her brown hair swinging as she tugs on Artie’s red bush of hair. Jake tries to defend his brother, and soon Holly and Jordan jump in, helping Kelly.

Bill and Fleur are curled up on a couch, kissing like newly weds, despite the fact that their children are surrounding them. Isabelle and Michael sit at their parent’s feet. I watch as Michael tugs a strand of Izzy’s pale blonde hair, shot with red. She screams, and hits him, and soon they’re engaged in a knockdown-drag out fight.

Charlie and Kara, his wife, are rearranging presents under the tree, tucking the ones that Harry and I brought underneath it. They occasionally grab at each other, or kiss Victoria, their daughter.

Percy and Penelope are the most subdued, sitting on a couch with out father. Jason is curled up on his father’s lap, hanging onto his every word, as Percy discusses work with Dad, who nods, and suppresses a yawn.

Harry takes my hand in his as James runs up to us. I giggle, and using my free hand, began to pluck pine needles from his hair. When I finish, he climbs up into Harry’s lap, and sticking his thumb in his mouth, curls up against him. The smell of pine needles, of tea, of the food still cooking take me back to the days when the Weasley family as just the Weasleys, along with Harry, Hermione, and a few other guests. Now it’s the Weasley-Potter-Granger-Malfoy-Delacour-J ohnson-Bell-Lovegood-Clearwater-Greyson family. The fire crackles, the kids run around screaming, but I am in my own little world. Protected from everything unpleasant going on in the world. Why am I protected? Because I have my brothers, my sisters-in-law (although I call them my sisters) my nieces, my nephews, my parents, my son, and my daughters.

My mother returns Lily and Molly to me. As I take my babies into my arms, I feel the happiness increase again. I am with my family. But most importantly, I am with Harry.

***


So, what did you think? I wanted to do a lovey-dovey fic, and I think this is it. You have everyone and their families. This fic takes place after the war, about 8 years later. For those who want to know, Isabella and Michael are the oldest grandchildren, and Lily and Molly are the youngest. And for those who are wondering Grayson was Charlie’s wife’s last name. I hope you like it. Read and review!
Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear