Search:

SIYE Time:14:30 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Normalcy
By notadryeeye

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Tragedy
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 1174
Summary: Harry gets one night that gives him a glimpse into what life could be like with the Dursley's. But events turn for the worse and both Harry and the wizarding world are left wondering what it's consquences mean for the future of the world.
Hitcount: Story Total: 501499; Chapter Total: 17951
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
I don't own anything in the Potter Universe...It all belongs to JK Rowling. No copyright infringement is intended. I'm just a lowly college student who writes fanfics for free. I have the utmost respect for the world she has created.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 5: Intuition, Revelations, and Affirmations

Molly leaned over a sauce pan, checking the simmering contents with her wand. It had been a hard day for them all and it would be nice to sit and have a meal together. And besides, it gave her something to keep her mind off of Harry's death for a bit.

It was later in the evening, almost nine o'clock and well past the normal dinner time at the Weasley household. When she arrived down in the kitchen, she found her husband with his head down on the table, sleeping. She tried not to wake him up and comenced making dinner for them. A soft clang of pans woke Arthur up and he smiled softly at his wife, getting up and putting his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him. They stood there in each other's embrace for a few minutes, not saying anything, but just holding each other and willing each other to be strong for their family, for their children.

"Where are the boys?" she asked through tears.

"Bill and Charlie are in the sitting room resting for a bit and playing chess and Fred and George are out in the orchard flying. I think they all needed to do something to occupy their minds," he whispered in her ear.

"I just thought it'd be nice if we could have dinner together. I know i've been up with Ginny most of the day and I can imagine you boys are starving," Molly smiled looking up at her husband's caring face.

"That'd be wonderful Molly...How is she?" he asked suddenly.

"She woke up a few hours ago, when the potions wore off. She's really broken up...and she seems so lost. I held her and she cried the whole afternoon...and she just kept saying 'I never told him' over and over again, " Molly said, her voice shaking as she held her husband tighter. "She fell asleep a bit ago...tired I suppose or exhausted....Arthur? Did Ron or any of the other boys ever say anything about Ginny and Harry seeing each other?"

"Not that I recall. I mean, I know she had a crush on him since before she met him...but I never...why?" he asked.

"I know she's sad because they were friends and he was a part of our family, but I just feel as if there's somthing more there...that my baby's had her heart broken," Molly whispered sadly.

"It's hard on all of us Mol. I think all of us feel as if a small piece of us is gone, that part of our family is gone and there's a big hole there," Arthur answered reassuringly.

Molly broke from her husband and went back to the stove where the sauce was begining to bubble.

"Tell the boys that dinner will be ready in ten minutes dear," Molly said over her shoulder, tending to the noodles boiling on the stove.

Arthur nodded and turned toward the sitting room to tell Bill and Charlie. His two oldest sons were sitting on the floor playing chess, reminding Arthur of when they were younger and would go at it for hours.

"Boys, your mother said that dinner will be ready--" but Arthur was cut off when the fireplace on the far wall erupted in green fire and the head and upper body of Remus Lupin appeared.

"Arthur!" cried Remus upon seeing him. "Can you get the twins...and you two," He said looking at Bill and Charlie, "to Headquarters as soon as possible. If you can, try to let anyone else in the Order know too."

"Remus...what?" stuttered Charlie as he scrambled of the floor and the chess board.

"I found him," Remus said with a sad smile.

"Who?" asked Arthur.

"Harry...he's alive," replied Remus quickly.

"Alive?" repeated Bill unbelievably.

"Yes. He's at St. Thomas's Hospital in London. I can't tell you all the information now, just get here as quick as possible," and with that Remus's head dissapeared from the fireplace, leaving in his wake a stunned silence. The Weasley men looked at each other incredulously, trying to figure out if they had heard Remus right, or that they hadn't been hallucinating.

"I have to go get Fred and George in the orchard," cried Charlie as he broke the silence and ran from the room, the sound of the front door slamming behind him.

A flustered Molly came into the sitting room, trying to figure out why Charlie had come running through the kitchen, only to find her oldest son and husband staring disbelievingly at the fireplace.

"Arthur...what?"

"Molly ...the boys and I have to get to Headquarters. That was Remus...they found Harry alive!" he said taking his wife in his arms and spinning her around.

"Oh thank God!" she cried, tears of joy running down her cheeks. "How is he? Is he hurt badly?"

"I don't know dear. All Remus told us was that he was alive and at St. Thomas's in London and that the boys and I were to get to Headquarters," Arthur told his wife.

"Alright...please come back here when you find out ok?Oh...I have to get a message to the Grangers. Arthur does your old telephone still work?" she said quickly.

"Yes...it's in the shed. Do you know how to work it...do you have the number?"

"Yes. Hermione gave it to Ron and I watched her teach him to use it last summer. I think it'd be safer than owl and I don't know where they live...so Apparating is out of the question," she answered quickly, clasping her hands together nervously.

"Be careful what you say over the phone...we don't know how safe that is either," replied Arthur as he readied himself to travel by Floo.

Bye dear," she said as she kissed him on the cheek and watched Arthur step into the green fire and off the Headquarters.

----------------------- ---------------------------------------- ----------------------------

Alastor Moody, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Tonks, and the Weasley men all sat around the big wooden table in the basement kitchen of Number Twelve Grimmauld Place, talking in hushed tones and whispered conversations while they patiently waited for Remus Lupin to return and fill them in on the developing situation.

At the sound of the heavy front door opening in the hall outside, all conversation stopped and every member of the Order present turned their attention to the haggard and weary looking wizard who had just entered the kitchen.

"Remus?" inquired Tonks as he turned to the head of table and made to adress those present.

"Minerva and some of the other members will be joining us shortly, but I think we need to start formulating a plan so we can move as quick as possible when the rest get here," he started in response to Tonk's questioning gaze.

"A plan, Remus? I think we'd all like to know what the blazes is actually going on before we rush into any drastic action," gruffed Mad-Eye from his post at the opposite end of the table.

"Remus, I think what Alastor is trying to say is that we'd all like a bit more information. All you told us is that you found Harry alive and to come here..." said Arthur reasonably.

"Yeah"

"Where's Potter?"

"How is he Remus?"

"How'd you find him?"

Several voices spoke at once, pelting Remus with questions. He raised his hand for silence and nodded in understanding. All he could think of right now was figuring out a way to get Harry out of that hospital and he hadn't really thought about the fact that he had summoned the whole Order without giving them much information.

"I'm sorry...I didn't think it was wise to be discussing the current situation outside of a formal meeting.He's not here I wasn't able to..." but Remus was interupted by the opening of the door and Minerva McGonagall and two younger members of the Order entered the room.

"Remus I contacted Poppy and she'll try to be here as soon as she can. She was in the States visiting her brother so she probably won't be here till morning...but she said to get medical records or anything that could help her," Minerva McGonagall said quietly as she strode across the room to take a seat.

"Medical records?" asked Tonks aloud to the room. "Remus, where's Harry?"

"Still at the hospital," answered Remus sadly as he recalled leaving Harry alone in the ICU ward a few hours ago.

"Why'd you leave him there?" asked one of the twins indignantly.

"Because in his current condition it wasn't possible for me to bring him back here," Remus answered quietly, refusing to meet anybody's eyes.

There was a sudden silence in the room.

"How bad is he hurt?" inquired Arthur bracingly.

Remus sighed deeply and steeled himself.

"Pretty bad," replied Remus. His voice shook with emotion and everyone sitting in the room knew that "pretty bad" meant "bloody horrific."

"He's up in their Intensive Care Ward and is hooked up to all sorts of machines. If I would have tried to bring him here and took him off any one of those machines, he wouldn't have made it. That kid has been through hell, and he's hurting, and I know he's scared...I had to leave him there tonight and it was so hard knowing what they were doing to him..." blurted Remus as he finally began to break down.

Tonks got up from her seat at the table and pulled him into a hug.

"Remus, you did the right thing. If he's that bad off, we need a plan and a way to get him safely out of there without anyone else noticing," she said refering to Voldemort and his servants. "I know it was hard to leave him there, but those Muggle doctors are trying to help him. We're all here now and aren't going to rest until we get him home."

"So...how are we planning on bringing him home?" asked George through the silence.

Remus broke away from Tonk's embrace and composed himself, sniffling back tears.

"Madam Pomfrey needs his records and his chart to be prepared to heal him...so we should go in the morning before she arrives. Visiting hours begin at eight," replied Remus.

"Why can't we just take him to St. Mungo's?" asked Charlie confused.

"There's no way to control who goes in and out of St. Mungo's. It'd be risky and damn near impossible to try and keep Potter there and protect him. Right now he's vulnerable to attack and wouldn't be able to defend himself. If he were at St. Mungo's, the press could get a hold of it or there could be some spy who would love nothing more than to run to old You-Know-Who and give up Potter's wearabouts. Voldemort would be attacking St. Mungo's in a heartbeat," Mad-Eye barked gruffly.

"Exactly," reinforced Remus."Poppy may not be able to heal him as quickly...but the only way we can protect him right now is to bring him here and try and get him better as quickly as possible. You-Know-Who will no doubt hear about the accident and will be watching for any sign of Harry."

"So we wait till morning? Go get the records and then wait till Madam Pomfrey comes to headquarters....and then we come up with a plan?" asked Fred as though he was trying to piece together the last five minutes worth of conversation so he could understand.

"Yes."

"OK...so then what do we do now?"

"I guess the only thing we can do is get a bite to eat and sleep. I can't go back to the hospital until morning. There are too many nurses and doctors around and if we tried to do magic to enter...it could bring unwanted attention to what we're doing. I think it'd be best if you boys and your father returned home and informed your family. We'll call you back when Poppy arrives tomorrow and we have a plan." Remus said.

"You don't think we're waiting till Pomfrey comes, do you? We're coming with you when you go get those records...you shouldn't go alone," protested Fred.

"No. I think I can handle getting records myself. The less attention and time..." Remus replied hastily, but George spoke up.

"Lupin. I think at least Fred and I should accompany you. You'll need a plan to get him out of there and being the master inventors and stratagists we are...we could be a real asset. We need to scope the place out for any potential problems and see if we can't help out. Plus...we'd really like to see Harry," George finished, eyeing Remus hopefully.

"Boys..." Remus started, but was interupted.

"Actually Remus, that's not a bad idea," Professor McGonagall interjected. "These boys come up with some of the most impressive and creative plans I've seen and they could help us out here."

Remus took a deep breath and closed his eyes, thinking about it hard. He then nodded his head reluctantly.

"Alright. I'm leaving here at about seven thirty. That'll give us enough time to Apparate to the Leaky Cauldron and take the train," Remus told them. He then turned to Arthur who was watching his boys reactions. "Arthur, I'd also like you to accompany us. I don't know how long it'll take me to get his records and if the twins are 'scoping out' the room, I think Harry'd like someone to keep him company."

"Are you sure?"Arthur asked.

"Yes," Remus answered reassuringly.

As varios members of the Order got up from their seats and made their way upstairs to find a room to get some rest in, Arthur approached Remus who was sitting at the head of the table, with his head in his hands.

"How is he really...is he aware?" Arthur asked cautiously.

Remus nodded. "Yeah. I was worried about him not being...when I saw him. But he's awake and he knew I was there. I explained to him what was going on and why I had to go. I think that's what made it so hard to leave him there tonight. He knew I was going...and that I was leaving him there alone..." Remus sighed.

"It'll be ok. He's a tough kid and he understands we're doing what's best for him," Arthur said in a fatherly tone.

"I know. He's just been through so much and I'm not sure how he gets the strength to bounce back everytime. He never ceases to amaze me," whispered Lupin in a rough voice.

------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------
Ring...Ring...

Ring...Ring....

" Hello?"

"Mrs. Granger?"

"Yes, this is she."

"Hello. This is Molly Weasley...." Molly said as she clutched the old fashion telephone and held it to her ear.

"Oh hello Molly. I'm so sorry to hear about Harry. It must be so tough for your family," Mrs. Granger said in a very sympathetic and caring voice.

"It's been a very trying day. I was wondering if I could talk to Ron," Molly said as she brushed away Mrs. Granger's concern.

"Sure, they're upstairs...it'll be just a second."

There was the sound of a phone being set down and Molly could hear footsteps walking up a flight of stairs. About a half a minute later, Molly heard someone approaching the phone and the rustling of someone picking up the set.

"What is it mum?" Ron said. He sounded tired and the sorrow in his voice was evident.

"Ron, I need you and Hermione to come back to the Burrow. There's been some things going on and it'd be best for you two to join us," she said quietly, trying to leave out any information that could give away anything.

"What is it? Did something happen? Are we in danger?" He asked quickly, his voice suddenly alert and more firm.

"No dear, no one's in danger. There are some things you need to hear and it needs to be done in person..."

"Is it about...you know?" Ron said, obviously not trusting the safety or security of using a telephone any more than Molly.

"Just get here as soon as possible ok?" She said, not bothering to answer him.

"A'right."

"Bye Ron."

"Bye Mum."

------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- --------------------------

Ron walked quickly up the stairs and entered Hermione's room to find her still sitting on the floor, reading a book.

"Who was it?" she asked looking up from the pages.

"My mum."

"What'd she want? Have they found out anything?" Hermione asked in rapid succession.

"I don't know. She wants us to come to the Burrow as soon as we can. She wouldn't say what it was exactly about...but I gathered that it's about Harry," he told her as he gathered up his clothes and forced them back into his backpack.

She nodded and silently began to help in gather his things as well as throw a few clothes into her own pack. She wasn't sure how long they'd be gone, so she figured it would be better to be prepared.

Ron waited for her to gather some things and sat quietly on her bed, tapping his leg against the floor in anticipation and worry. This could be it. They could be going back to the Burrow to say goodbye, to confirm that this nightmare was indeed real.

When she returned from the bathroom to get some toiletries, she nodded to him silently that she was set and the two of them set out down the stairs and into the front hall.

"Mom...Ron and I are going to the Burrow. That's what his mother wanted...so I'm not sure when I'll be back," Hermione called out.

Her mother peeked out from the kitchen, wiping her hands on her apron.

"Alright," she said as she took a step closer, "You two be careful, and if you need anything, you're always welcome to come back here anytime. Good Luck."
She planted a small kiss on Hermione's forehead and gave Ron a small squeeze before watching them spin and dissapear in a whirl of color.

------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- -------------------------

Molly hung up the old Muggle telephone and made her way out of the old shed, shutting the rickety old door behind her. As she turned towards the house, she caught a glimpse of a long mane of red hair walking into the old broomshed.

"Ginny," she breathed and made her way over to the dingy old outhouse. Her daughter had still been asleep and under the effects of the Dreamless Sleep Potion when the news of Harry's apparent survival had reached the Burrow and she still thought that Harry was gone.

As she reached the shed, the long haired frame of Ginny Weasley stepped out of the doorway, shouldering her old broom.

"Ginny..." Molly started to say.

"Mum...I'm going flying," Ginny stated tonelessly as she walked past her mother toward the orchard. Molly caught her daughter by the shoulder and brought her towards her.

"Ginny, we need to go inside and talk. Things have happened since you went to sleep and we can't discuss this outside....come with me," Molly whispered quietly. Ginny gave her mother an odd look and followed her mother's lead as they walked back into the house.

Molly closed the door tightly behind them and menuevered Ginny into one of the chairs.

"What's going on," Ginny asked confused.

"Ginny, Remus Floo'd about a half an hour ago...and it seems that they found..." but Molly's revelation of Harry being alive was cut short by the arrival of Ron and Hermione. The two teens looked worse for wear and were definetly taking these events hard. Their rumpled and messy appearence made it evident that they had had a rough time of it in the past day.

"Ron, Hermione, sit down please," she said warmly pointing to two empty chairs opposite Ginny. They obeyed and sat together, holding hands and sitting close.

"I was just about to tell Ginny this, but this makes things easier..." she said to herself and to the room at large at the same time.

"Tell us what?" asked Ginny impatiently.

"They found him." She stated simply.

"Oh." Ron said sadly. He had assumed that they had finally found Harry's body.

"No Ron...he's alive," Molly cried as she smiled at the three teens sitting in front of her.

"What? How?Why didn't you just tell us?" Ron sputtered quickly. Hermione got up and made her way around the table and hugged a now relieved and sobbing Ginny.

"I couldn't tell you over the phone...Ron I'm sorry to have strung you out and made you worry about coming home. Please understand..." she sobbed, breaking down.

Ron got up and hugged his mother.

"Mum...it's okay. I'm not angry at you. How could I be? We understand how hard things are now. I just can't believe...so he's really alive then?" Ron said as he looked down at his mother with a truly amazed look on his face. She nodded back at him and gave him a small, yet watery, smile.

"Where is he?" asked Hermione, still holding Ginny. Everyone looked at Molly expectantly for answers.

"Remus found him at St. Thomas's Hospital in London," she told them.

"Is he alright?" Hermione asked hesitantly.

"I'm not sure. Remus Floo'd and told us he'd found him alive and that the boys were to report to Headquarters. He didn't say how hurt he was," Molly replied.

"When will we know?" asked Ginny, speaking up for the first time.

Molly shook her head. "I don't know Gin....All I know is what I've told you three."

Just then there was the sound of the fire roaring to life and soft voices could be heard coming from the sitting room. All five of the Weasley men walked into the room with somber and pensieve faces. None of them seemed to notice the four people already occupying the kitchen until Ron's voice broke through.

"Where's Harry?" inquired Ron as he looked at his brothers and seemed to be looking past them, expecting to see his best friend.

"He's not here Ron," stated Bill softly.

"Mum said you found him...."

"Remus did...but Harry's not in any shape to travel," added Arthur. Ron gave his dad a worried and incredulous look. "He's still at St. Thomas's and will have remain there until Madam Pomfrey returns tommorow from visiting her family in America. St. Mungo's is too dangerous for Harry and it's best if he stays put and continues under their care. Remus, the twins, and I will go to St. Thomas's in the morning to get medical records so Poppy can treat him and figure out the best way to get him home," Arthur finished, trying to ward off any potential questions by answering them himself.

"So we're leaving Harry alone at a Muggle Hospital overnight while we sit here and wait till morning and then worry about it?" Ron vented aloud.

"Ron it's what's best right now. We can't attract attention and risk.." Charlie added.

"Yeah...It's what's best is it? I guess it's alright for my best friend to be lying in a hospital where those quacks are probably cutting him open and doing all sorts of things to him. But if it's for the best," Ron retaliated sarcastically.

"Ron stop it," Ginny said firmly, standing up and facing her brother. "You're not the only one who's worried. I understand that you just went from mourning the death of your best friend to having him back, to being told that you can't see him. We need to trust the Order and trust in what they're trying to do for him."

"Yeah...trust them like the time we trusted them to keep Harry safe from the Dementor's on Privet Drive or trusted them enough to cooperate and keep things from Harry all summer before our fifth year? How bout that time that they allowed him to stay in the Tri-Wizard Tournament and he ended up getting transported via Portkey to a personal showing of You-Know-Who's rebirth. Things have worked out real well, haven't they? You of all people Ginny should understand where I'm coming from," Ron snapped back. Hermione looked at Ron with a look of utter disbelief and the rest of the room looked between the two totally confused. Ginny just glared at Ron, unblinking, thoughts churning a mile a minute in her brain.

"Yes Ron, I do understand. I think I understand your frustration, your pain, and your anxiety more than you'll ever know. I want him home and safe as much as you. But I also understand that we can't go off on a whirlwind rescue mission to get him. That worked out real well last time, didn't it?" she asked mockingly, referring to the Ministry of Magic fiasco. "It seems to me the Order has always been there when we get these ideas to go off and solve things on our own. It seems that they always have had our best interests in mind. And there are bigger things at risk here Ron, larger consequences to our actions. I thought that out of anyone...you'd understand that." she finished, glaring at her brother and stomping off up the stairs to her room.

Everyone stared around at each other with mouth's wide open, totally at a loss to explain what had just happened. Hermione sat next to Ron, staring at him expectantly, watching him as he thought furiously against a war of thoughts raging in his mind.

Ron just sat there, staring hard with an uncomprehensable look on his face. 'What had she meant by 'bigger things at risk'? Did she know about the Prophecy? Had Harry told her about everything?' he wondered to himself. She certainly had more than a right to know. She had been his girlfriend. She had been the one to make him happier than he'd been in a long time. Or maybe she just knew. Ginny had a funny way of catching on to things and using her intuition to figure things out. That would explain why she hadn't been the first one to devise a rescue mission to take Harry out of that Muggle hospital. She knew it was too dangerous, that there was too much at stake. Ron felt horrible for snapping at her, thinking that she was still bitter over their break-up.

"I'm sorry," Ron finally said quietly, looking up at his still confused family. "I'm just so...so worried...so anxious right now, that I let my emotions get carried away."

"It's understandable son," Arthur said reassuringly. "We all want to do something right now and not being able to makes you feel powerless, but we need to be patient and everything will work out eventually."

Ron nodded and put his head in his hands while Hermione rubbed his back soothingly. It had been a day an a half of non-stop emotion, emotions that seemed were on a roller-coaster ride from hell. Everyone was exhausted and anxious for what was still to come.

"Ron. What did you mean when you said of all people Ginny should understand you?" Molly asked finally.

Ron and Hermione both looked questioningly at Mrs. Weasley.

"I just figured because Gin's Harry's girlfriend that she'd be the first one to protest this waiting plan and rush out to go get him right now," Ron said tiredly.

"Girlfriend?" Arthur repeated.

"Well, technically not anymore. Harry broke it off at Dumbledore's funeral because he wanted her out of danger. But I've never seen the two of them so happy when they're together...I know that Harry lov.." Ron said quickly, but Mrs. Weasley interupted.

"She...no one every said anything about them being together," Molly said slightly put out that her daughter hadn't shared this with her.

"She never said anything in a letter?" questioned Hermione. "The whole school knew about it...I guess I just figured that you found out through one of the teachers in the Order."

"No. The last thing Ginny mentioned about a relationship was that she had broken it off with Dean. I guess we were just so busy in the Order that no one mentioned it...When did this happen? When did the boy finally come to his senses?" Mrs. Weasley finished with a slightly amused tone.

"Few weeks before end of term. Common Room after we won the Quidditch cup," Ron stated with a smirk.

"Harry came back to the Common room after serving a detention and missing the last match. Everyone was celebrating and when he appeared, they pulled him in and started to regail him with the story. But I could sense he was searching for something and then Ginny came running over and went to hug him and he...."

"Kissed her in front of the whole Gryffindor House. And not just an innocent peck on the cheek....," Ron finished for Hermione who had been trying to elaborate on the tale, but was interupted with a swift jab in the ribs and a cough from Hermione.

"No Way!" Bill exlaimed out loud. "Little, shy Harry Potter...snogging my little sister in broad daylight...."

"In front of about fifty people, including her ex-boyfriend and Harry's little fan club," Ron laughed out loud. The room at large laughed out loud and smiled at the memory. The laughter quickly died out when they remembered the circumstances and the distraught young woman currently residing in her bedroom.

"So they're not together," Molly asked quietly.

"No. I know Harry's scared of losing anyone else and he thinks that by staying away from Ginny, she'll be safe and Vol-Voldemort won't find out that they're together. He thinks that if he finds out that Harry cares for her and would do anything to save her...he'd use her to get to him," Hermione tried to explain the best she could. Harry had never come out and said this to them, but Hermione knew that these were his true reasonings for breaking his own heart and isolating himself from the one person who made him truly happy.

"That explains Ginny's reaction this morning," Arthur said quietly to himself and his wife standing next to him. He was referring to what Molly had told him about Ginny crying desperatly and repeating 'I never told him.'

"Why does that kid always think he has to sacrifice his happiness for other people?" Charlie wondered aloud.

"Because he loves her and would do anything and risk everything for her," Ron said simply as he looked Hermione with a smile.

"And she loves him and will wait forever for him," Hermione replied, looking back at Ron.

The family just looked in awe at the two teens and how mature they had become and how much they realized already about life. After a few minutes of quiet conversation and talk about the plan to go to the hospital in the morning, Ron got up from his spot next to Hermione.

"I need to go talk to Ginny. I was really awful to her before," He said as he made is way up the stairs.

----------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ------------------

Ron stopped outside the landing to Ginny's room and knocked softly once again on the door.

"What?" came muffled voice.

"Gin...can I come in?" he asked softly.

"Yeah Ron, come in," she replied defeatedly.

He entered the room to find her sitting on the edge of her bed, reading a book.

"Look Gin I'm sorry for what happened downstairs...I just was so..." but she put a hand up for him to be quiet.

"It's ok Ron. Like I said...I know exactly where you're coming from and I don't blame you for being a total git to me before," she said with a sly grin.

Ron chuckled softly and then turned to sit next to her.

He sighed deeply. "We're getting him back," he whispered unbelievingly.

"Yeah..."she sighed still looking at the book in front of her.

There was a heavy silence as he sat there next to her.

"Are you alright Ginny?"

She shook her head. "I'm afraid to see him Ron. I could tell from the tone in Dad's voice...that something's wrong...that Harry's not really alright. I think that's part of the reason that I want them to take every precaution to get him back safely. . I just...I want him to be safe and if that means waiting...then that's what we need to do. Believe me, when I heard he was alive, I wanted to strike out on my broom and get him." She choked out. Ron laughed softly at the thought that Ginny too had thought about striking out on her broom to find Harry.

Ron put a loving arm around his sister.

"You really love him don't you?" he asked her.

"Yeah...I do. I was willing to wait five years for him to come to his senses. I'm willing to wait for him to come back to us this time. And in the end I'm willing to wait for him to defeat Voldemort before we can be together. I'd do anything for him," she answered him.

Ron nodded in understanding. He knew how it felt to feel this way about someone. He just wasn't sure he could tell that someone that he too would do anything for her.

-------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ---------------------

The occupants of the Burrow slept on pins and needles the whole night, their minds buzzing with the anticipation of the next day. Mr. Weasley and the twins were up early and found Molly already in the kitchen making them breakfast and fussing about them. Shortly after their arrival in the kitchen, they were joined by Bill and Charlie. And when the smell of bacon reached the top floor, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione arrived in the kitchen to join the silent and anxious party.

At quarter after seven, Mr. Weasley stood up and motioned for the twins to finish up.

Molly came over to her husband and gave him a peck on the check.

"Bring him back safe," she whispered to her husband, who nodded.

He glanced over her shoulder to see all the other's looking up at him.

"We'll be back soon," he reassured them. They nodded reluctantly and turned back to their breakfast, not really tasting the food.

"Are you ready boys?" Arthur asked the twins as they deposited their plates in the sink and then went to the door to get their cloaks.

"Yeah," they both said somberly and anxiously.

With one last glance at the people at the table they stepped outside and were gone in a blink of an eye.


A/N: Sorry about this chapter really going nowhere. It was going to go into the next scene where they go to the hospital, but that'll be a longer sequence and really warrants it's own chapter. Also some of the scenes (like the one where they find out about Harry and Ginny) kinda snuck up on me and I went with them. So if this chapter is a dissapointment...that's ok. But never fear...the real meat and substance of the story is yet to come. Thanks for the reviews so far!
Reviews 1174
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear