Search:

SIYE Time:7:08 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter And The Twists Of Fate
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 475
Summary: What if the fates let Harry's parents live that night he got his scar, plus gave him a younger sister and become friends with the Weasleys, especially Ron earlier. What would be different?
Hitcount: Story Total: 324081; Chapter Total: 8017





Author's Notes:
Hi! Here's the next chapter which I bet everyone here has been waiting for. I'm sorry for the delay. I posted it last week but it disappeared. Anyway, we're in the home stretch with this story. Just another chapter or two then I'll be working on the sequel which will be set in Harry's last three years at Hogwarts. It's tentatively titled Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six. Remember the prophecy Rose made?
Now, back to this chapter. Please read and review. Oh, I'd like to thank those who nominated this story for the October Silver trinket awards, even if it didn't make it into the lists.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 56: Confrontation

On the Quidditch pitch of Hogwarts, chaos erupted as Harry and Mr. Crouch vanished before everyone’s eyes. Screams and cries erupted from the stands. The Weasleys and Potters all jumped to their feet. James and Remus leaped to the stairs and descended two steps at a time.

When they got to the judges, Dumbledore was waving his wand over the spot Harry and Mr. Crouch had been standing in, Mad-Eye Moody at his side.

“What the bloody hell happened, Albus?” James yelled. “Where did Crouch take my son?”

Dumbledore sighed, “I don’t know, James. All we are sure of is that the Cup was some sort of portkey. Who knows where it took them.”

“One thing’s for sure,” Moody said, waving his own wand over the area, “it didn’t take them anywhere within a hundred miles of here. The portkey detection spell can’t find them.” This was a spell the Aurors used to detect the destination of a portkey but it only had a limited range.

“Why did Crouch do that,” Remus asked. “What purpose would he have for taking Harry?”

“Did you hear what he said to activate the cup-portkey,” Moody asked. “It was ‘Morsmorde’, the incantation for conjuring the Dark Mark. I’ll bet he took him to Voldemort.”

James and Remus paled. They heard some noise behind them and turned to find the rest of their families approaching them.

“Albus,” Lily shouted as she came up to the Headmaster, “this is the last straw. You said there was no way Harry could get into this bloody tournament. Then you said he’d be safe during the tasks even if he faced dragons, Grindylows, trolls and acromatulas. Now my son has disappeared from right in front of you.” Lily was now trembling as she stood in front of Dumbledore, waving her wand and screaming, “YOU GET HIM BACK, ALBUS OR I’LL HEX YOU SO BAD, MINERVA WILL NEED TO TAKE OVER THE SCHOOL!” Lily suddenly turned to James who had come up behind her and collapsed sobbing into his arms.

“How the hell are we going to find him, Albus?” James demanded as he held on to his crying wife.

Dumbledore sighed. He’d been silent through Lily’s tirade as he thought about the situation. “There is one way. Have you forgotten that your son has a bond with a pretty little redhead?”

“Ginny,” James cried, “Of course! They can see through each other’s eyes.” He turned around to the mentioned girl. He felt a wrench in his heart as he saw the pale and tear-streaked face of his son’s soul mate. He knelt down in front of her.

“Ginny,” James said softly, “You can see through Harry’s eyes. Can you tell us where he is?”

Ginny shook her head, tears continuing to flow down her cheeks, “N-N-No, James, I think he’s been stunned. I felt the pull of the portkey through Harry but as soon as his feet hit the ground, his vision went black. I haven’t been able to talk to him since.”

James paled and he took a deep breath as he asked something he dreaded to hear the answer of. “But he is alive, right?”

Ginny nodded jerkily, “Yes, I can still feel him. He’s just unconscious and seems to be so far away.”

James blew out a breath he had been holding. He turned towards Dumbledore. “Now what, Albus, what do we do?”

Dumbledore sighed again, “There isn’t much we can do, James, until we know where he is. We can’t Apparate all over Britain looking for him. We’ll have to wait for him to awaken so Ginny can find out where he is.”

“In that case,” James said, “I’d better contact Sirius. He’ll want to help us.” He looked down at Lily who was still sobbing within his arms, “Lils, I have to go tell Sirius what happened. He’ll be able to help once we find out where Harry is.”

Lily nodded jerkily and stepped away from him.

“Come with me, James,” Moody said, “My fireplace is secure enough for you to contact Sirius.” James thanked his former mentor and the two men walked briskly towards castle.

Dumbledore turned to McGonagall, “Minerva, I think it is best if we send the students and the rest of the staff back to the castle. Please attend to it.”

McGonagall nodded and turned to address the students.

Lily turned away from her and looked around at the remaining people milling about the pitch.

Madame Maxime was off to the side, talking with Hagrid. Propanov was still sitting at the judges’ table, looking uninterested. Molly was holding Ginny tightly; tears of her own flowing down her cheeks while Arthur stood behind her, his arms encircling his wife and daughter. Bill was standing with his twin brothers to one side, talking with Fleur and Viktor Krum. Ron was awkwardly holding Hermione in his arms, looks of concern on their faces. Rose was standing alone, with a dazed look on her face.

Lily walked up to her daughter, “Rose, dear, are you all right?” Rose shook her head violently from side to side then burst into tears.

“Shh,” Lily said, as she embraced Rose tightly, “It’s going to be all right. We’ll find Harry and get him back.”

In their worry over Harry, the group barely noticed the rest of the students leave the pitch. Ginny did notice Dumbledore talk for a moment with Professor Snape who was rubbing his left arm before the Potions Master left in the direction of Hogsmeade. Ginny found this a bit strange but her worry over Harry pushed it out of her mind.

Madame Pomfrey came over to take the other two champions to the hospital wing to patch up from their various bruises and injuries sustained during the Task. Fleur and Viktor promised to be back for any news on Harry. The remaining people stayed where they were, fretting over Harry in their own way.

After a few minutes of being comforted by her mother, Rose said, “I’ve failed my brother.” Her voice was slightly muffled since her face was pressed against her mother’s neck. She was already almost as tall as Lily.

“Whatever makes you say that, Rose?” Lily inquired still holding her tightly against her.

“I didn’t see any of this happening, Mum,” she replied. “I saw the dragon and the squid, even bits about the Ball, but I didn’t have any vision of Harry being whisked away. What use is my being a seer if I can’t see something like this before it happens?”

“Oh, my dear,” Lily said, tightening her embrace, “right now, your ability to see the future is not something you can turn on and off. It may come at any time. You can’t control when the visions come to you.”

She gently lifted Rose’s chin with one forefinger so she could look into her eyes. “Don’t blame yourself for this just because you had no warning it would happen. The ones responsible are Crouch and whoever had him take Harry away, not you.”

After a few moments, Rose nodded and leaned her head again against Lily’s neck.

Suddenly, Ginny moved out of her mother’s arms. “Something’s different. I think Harry’s starting to wake up.” She closed her eyes and concentrated on talking to Harry in her mind.

“Harry,” she called out to him in his mind, “Harry, please wake up. Oh, please. We need to find out where you are.” Slowly, Ginny felt him awaken.

“Gin?” he answered her in her mind groggily. “What happened? What’s going on?”

“You’ve been kidnapped by Mr. Crouch, Harry,”
Ginny said. “He used the Triwizard Cup as a portkey. Open your eyes, love. We need to see where you are so we can come and get you.”

As Harry opened his eyes, Ginny saw through them. Mr. Crouch was standing with his back to Harry, in front of a small fire, pointing his wand to his left arm. Harry tried to move but found that he was tied tightly in a standing position to a large headstone. He could still move his head a bit and took the opportunity to take a look around.

They appeared to be in a dark, old graveyard judging from the worn headstones and untended grounds. The dark outline of a small church could be seen over to the right and a hill to the left. The mountains surrounding Hogwarts were absent, leading him to believe that the graveyard was hundreds of miles from the school.

Harry felt a chill run up his spine as he recognized the place, “Gin, this is where I saw Lucius Malfoy and that other man with Madame Bones that night after our first Valentine date. This is the graveyard where they brought Voldemort back. Tell Dumbledore it’s where Riddle’s father is buried.”

As he felt Ginny tell the people around her where he was, Harry turned his attention back to Mr. Crouch. “What the bloody hell is going on? Where are we? Why have you brought me here?”

Harry’s scar suddenly exploded in a searing pain that was the worst he had ever felt. He felt Ginny gasp as she felt a twinge of the pain through their Bond. A high, cold voice from behind him answered Harry, a voice he had only heard before in his nightmares, “You are here on my orders, Harry Potter.”

Through his pain, he heard Mr. Crouch say, “M-m-my Lord.”

“Well, Barty,” the same voice said, becoming louder as the speaker drew closer. “You have finally done something right. I must welcome our guest.”

The pain in Harry’s scar subsided to a bearable throbbing as a figure in black robes came into Harry’s line of sight, his face shrouded by a hood, and stopped in front of Mr. Crouch. The man lifted long, slender fingers to pull the hood down, revealing his face.

Harry gasped involuntarily at the sight of face and felt Ginny gasp as well. It was a face Harry had seen only in his nightmares — a face whiter than a skull, with wide scarlet eyes and a nose as flat as a snake with slits for nostrils — the face of Lord Voldemort.

Dimly, through the haze of pain, Harry was aware of other robed figures nearby, figures wearing white masks. He couldn’t tell how many there were.

Voldemort smiled evilly as he looked at Harry’s bound form. “Finally, Harry Potter, we meet again face to face. It’s been so long since that night we first met. I see you have grown to look like your father, though I believe you have your mother’s eyes. And how are they? I should have killed them that night but I was more interested in you. But it doesn’t do to regret past mistakes. Now that I am whole, I aim to correct those mistakes but that is for later. Right now, it is you who I am interested in.”

Harry gritted his teeth as the pain in his scar increased in intensity. He could feel Ginny’s anger directed at the man who had been the boy who had tormented her in her first year through the diary.

“Now, as to where we are,” Voldemort continued, his voice low so only Harry could hear him, “this is the graveyard where my mother is buried and where my father,” he said the word with contempt, “is also buried. In fact, you are tied to his tombstone. In death, he has served me as well as the one who brought you to me.”

Voldemort turned to Mr. Crouch who now looked a bit different to Harry.

Harry’s eyes widened as Mr. Crouch’s face changed to a much younger version with a maniacal look in his eyes. It was the face of the other man from his dream two years before, the man who had helped Lucius Malfoy bring Voldemort back.

Voldemort laughed at the look on Harry’s face, a cold and very evil laugh. “Surprised, Harry? Let me introduce you to my faithful servant, Barty Crouch, Jr. Using Polyjuice, he was able to impersonate his father and enchant the Goblet of Fire with a lovely Dark spell I found which made sure your name came out as the Hogwarts champion. And as to why you are here, well, there are two reasons why I wanted you here. The first reason is tied to the reason why I tried to kill you all those years ago.”

Voldemort leaned closer to Harry as he spoke softly again, “You see, Harry, there was a prophecy made before you were born, one I believe was talking about you and me. One of my Death Eaters happened to hear part of it. Unfortunately, he was chased away before he heard the whole thing. I want to know the rest of it. I think that old fool Dumbledore may have told you about it by now. If so, then I intend take it from your mind.”

***********


When Ginny heard Voldemort’s words, she ran up to Dumbledore. “Professor! Tom’s with Harry. He’s going to try to get the Prophecy from Harry’s mind.”

Dumbledore frowned, “I see. That would not be good. Let us hope he remembers what I have taught him in our lessons on Occlumency. Have no fear, my dear. We’ll get him back.”

When he noted the pained look on her face, his frown deepened. “Is there something else? It seems you’re in pain.”

Ginny’s voice was breaking and tears were flowing down her cheeks as she answered, “His scar is burning again, Professor. With Voldemort so close to him, it’s like it’s on fire. I can feel it a bit through our Bond.”

Suddenly, she fell to her knees, clutching her head, “He’s trying to break into Harry’s mind. Voldemort’s trying to get inside his head. It’s like one of those huge trucks the Muggles drive around trying to smash its way in.”

Arthur and Molly rushed to their daughter’s side. Molly pulled Ginny into her arms, cradling her.

Just then, James came running up with Sirius, Remus and Moody. “What is it?” James asked when he saw the scene, “What’s happened? What’s wrong with Ginny?”

“I’m afraid Voldemort is using a very brutal form of Legilimency on Harry and Ginny is feeling it through their Bond,” Dumbledore answered in a very low voice, “We must hurry, James.”

“I’m coming with you,” Arthur said, getting up from his place beside Molly and Ginny.

“Arthur, no,” Molly cried as she continued to hug Ginny tightly.

“I need to go, Molly,” Arthur said, gently. “There’s no way I’m staying here while my future son-in-law is in danger.” Ginny lifted her head up to look at her father with a trembling smile.

“All right, Arthur,” James said, giving him a brief smile, “Just stay with Remus, behind me, Sirius and Mad-Eye. You’re not trained for something like this.”

“I want to come too, Dad,” Ginny said, gently pushing her mother aside and getting up.

“No!” her mother cried, “You can’t go, Ginny. It’s too dangerous.”

Ginny whirled on her, “Dangerous, Mum? I don’t care! Harry is out there with Voldemort. Like Dad said, there’s no way I’m staying here while my soulmate and future husband is fighting for his life!”

Everyone stared at her silently with various reactions ranging from concern, surprise, amusement and pride.

Dumbledore broke the silence as he said, “I’m sorry, Ginevra, but I can’t allow you to come with us.”

“Please, Professor,” Ginny begged, ignoring his use of her hated given name. “I can’t stay here, not while I can feel everything he’s going through. I can help. From what I could see through Harry, Voldemort has got some of his Death Eaters with him. You could use another wand. I was with Harry for the past four weeks when he was training for the task and I know all the spells he trained with. I can’t sit here, waiting. Please, let me come with you.”

Dumbledore sighed and looked at her parents.

Molly was shaking her head, tears starting to flow down her cheeks. Arthur sighed and turned to Molly. Placing his hands gently on her shoulder, he talked to her softly for a few moments. She glanced at Ginny for a moment then looked at the ground. She gave a barely noticeable nod of her head then buried her head in her hands, sobbing. Arthur embraced her tightly for a few seconds then released her.

“I’m coming as well,” Bill said, coming up to stand beside his father, “You may have need of a good cursebreaker.”

“Glad to have you aboard, Bill,” James said.

The other teens then started asking to come along, especially Ron, Hermione and Rose.

“No,” Dumbledore said, “none of you know as many spells as Ginevra does. Please remain here. We will be back shortly with Harry safe and sound.”

Seeing the teens subside, he turned to the others who would be part of the rescue team as he drew a long ruler from his robes.

Muttering “Portus” softly, he watched the ruler turn blue for a few moments. “All right, James, Remus, Sirius, Alastor, Arthur, Bill and Ginny, take a hold of the portkey. It will take us to the edge of the village of Little Hangleton, which is where Harry and Tom are.”

The seven adults and single teen placed a hand on the ruler. Two seconds later, they felt the pull at the navel as the portkey activated, sending them to Harry’s location.

**************

Meanwhile , Harry was concentrating with all his might as Voldemort assaulted his mind with sledgehammer blows, attempting to gain entrance. His need to block Voldemort kept him from noticing what was happening on the Quidditch Pitch.

Dumbledore had taught him and Ginny how to build barriers around their minds to protect it from intrusion. Harry had decided to use steel plates like those used for Muggle battleships in making his walls, riveted solidly in place all around his mind. Dumbledore had tested them and found them very strong.

Now, those walls faced a real test. As Voldemort attacked Harry’s mind, the walls bent and buckled inward. Harry struggled to keep the walls intact. Whenever one part buckled, he concentrated to straighten it. When a rivet popped out, he put up the image of a heavily muscled man in a hard hat with a rivet gun, replacing the lost rivet.

After what seemed like hours, though it was only a few minutes, Voldemort ceased his attack, frustration and anger evident on his face, “You have a strong mind, Potter. Not that it matters. With no one knowing where you are, it will be only a matter of time before I get what I want. No one can resist Lord Voldemort.” Grinning evilly, he resumed his attack on Harry’s mind.

*************


A couple of miles away, Harry’s would-be rescuers arrived on the outskirts of the village. In the light of the half-full moon, they could just make out the cemetery from the tombstones.

As she took a step forward, Ginny stumbled against her father, her hands holding her head. “Tom’s attacking Harry’s mind again,” she said, “I can feel it more strongly now that we’re closer. We’ve got to hurry.”

Arthur looked at her with concern. “Are you sure you’re up to this, poppit? Will you be able to cast spells with you feeling Harry’s pain?”

“I’ll be all right, Dad,” Ginny replied, “I wasn’t ready the first time Tom attacked Harry. Just give me a moment.” She closed her eyes and concentrated, bringing up her mental walls which were actually similar to the ones Harry had. This would allow her to separate most of what Harry was feeling. “Okay, I’m ready to go.”

Dumbledore nodded, “Can you tell where Harry is in the graveyard?”

Ginny closed her eyes and concentrated on sensing Harry’s presence. “Yes, Professor, he’s over to the left, just beyond that large tree, between a church and a hill.”

Dumbledore turned to the other adults, “Now, we don’t know how many Death Eaters are there with Voldemort. However, it doesn’t matter. We aren’t here to really fight them but to get Harry out of there.”

He turned to James and Sirius, “James, you, Remus and Sirius move to the right. Alastor and I will go to the left. We will distract Voldemort and his Death Eaters and draw them away.”

He turned to the Weasleys and Remus. “Arthur, you, Bill, and Ginny wait for 10 minutes then come up in the middle. Once Voldemort and his Death Eaters leave Harry come up and get him. Once you have Harry, Apparate him and Ginny back to Hogwarts. Do not wait for us, understand?”

Arthur nodded, “All right, Albus. We’ll get them out safely.”

Dumbledore, Alastor, Remus, James and Sirius cast Disillusion charms on themselves then moved in their assigned directions. The others crouched down to wait.

Arthur glanced at Ginny and noticed her slumped shoulders. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder. “Don’t worry, poppit, we’ll get him back.”

Ginny looked up at him, the unshed tears in her eyes reflecting the moonlight, “I hope so, Daddy. I don’t know what I’d do without him.”

Arthur pulled her into his arms and rubbed her back, soothing her like he used to do when she was younger.

Bill looked on his father and sister with a little discomfort. He had been told of the Bond between her and Harry and the Prophecy of Trelawney by his parents during Christmas but had little idea of how it affected both of them. To see her in anguish like that over a boy only a year older than she was made him uncomfortable. Yet, having known Harry over the years, he knew the younger boy would take care of her. He hoped that whatever happened in the future, his sister and the Boy-Who-Lived would survive to live together into a ripe old age.

Ginny suddenly gasped. She pulled out of her father’s arms and stood up, drawing her wand.

“What is it, Ginny?” Arthur asked as he also stood up and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Tom’s angry over being unable to get into Harry’s mind,” Ginny said, tears starting to flow down her cheeks again. “He’s hitting Harry with the Cruciatus curse.”

************


Inside the graveyard, Harry gritted his teeth to keep from screaming as the curse Voldemort was casting on him caused all his nerves to feel like they were on fire. His back arched from the pain but the tombstone and his bonds kept him from bending too far back or flailing about.

“That should weaken your will, Potter,” Voldemort said grinning as he pointed his wand at the helpless boy.

After several seconds, Voldemort lifted the curse, causing Harry to hang limply from his bonds, breathing heavily as he recovered from the pain.

After a few seconds, he heard Voldemort again yell “Crucio” and felt the agony assail his body again.

When Harry again refused to scream, Voldemort grew angrier. He kept the curse on the boy for several more seconds then stopped it. “Enough of this! I really don’t need to know the whole Prophecy once you’re dead.” He turned to Crouch, “Release his bonds and give him back his wand.”

“But my Lord….” Crouch began to say.

“Do not question my orders” Voldemort screamed, “or you will feel my wrath along with Potter.”

Harry dropped to the ground in a heap as Crouch cut his bonds loose, releasing him from the tombstone. He then tossed Harry’s wand to the ground beside the boy.

“Get up, Potter,” Voldemort said.

Harry reached for his wand and shakily got to his feet. His muscles ached all over and his scar was still throbbing. Then he felt Ginny’s presence nearby.

“Gin? I can feel you nearby.” He called out to his mind.

“Shh, Harry, I’m about half a mile away. Dumbledore, our Dads, Sirius, Remus, Bill, Mad-Eye and I are here to rescue you.”

“What are you doing here? You shouldn’t have come with them. It’s too dangerous.”

“Don’t you treat me like my Mum, Harry! If it wasn’t for me, they wouldn’t have known where you are. I wasn’t staying behind while my soul mate was in Tom’s hands.”

“But, Ginny,”
Harry started to say but Ginny interrupted him.

“No buts, Harry. I’m here now and there’s nothing you can do about it. Now, Dumbledore, your Dad, Mad-Eye, Sirius and Remus are coming to you from opposite sides. Keep Tom and his Death munchers distracted while they come up. Once they attack, Dad, Bill and I will come to you.”

Harry sighed, “All right, Gin. Please be careful.” He turned his attention back to Voldemort. His mental conversation with Ginny had taken barely five seconds but it seemed that Voldemort and his Death Eaters hadn’t noticed his distracted look and probably thought he was simply regaining his breath.

“So, Potter,” Voldemort said, “we come to the other reason I wanted you to be brought to me. It seems that after the events that night I came to your family’s hiding place, there have been rumors that I had passed my peak, especially if I was defeated by a fifteen month old baby! I must dispel those rumors. I must prove that I am still the greatest wizard of all. So, we shall duel.”

He turned to the dozen Death Eaters gathered around them. “No one interfere. Whoever does will join Potter in the grave.”

He turned back to Harry and grinned. “Now, we bow to each other like proper gentlemen,” Voldemort said, bowing at the waist.

Harry mimicked him, keeping his eyes on Voldemort.

As he straightened, Voldemort suddenly shouted, “Stupefy!”

Harry barely had time to say, “Protego!” Voldemort’s spell hit the shield and rebounded to one side, barely missing a standing Death Eater who cursed as he jumped back. Harry sent a stinging hex at Voldemort which bounced off the villain’s own shield.

“Tut, tut,” Voldemort said, “Too slow, Potter.” He sent two stunner spells in quick succession. Harry’s shield shattered from the first spell, forcing Harry to dodge to once side to avoid the other.

Harry rolled as soon as he hit the ground, just in time. Another red light hit the spot he had been in a mere second ago.

Harry leaped to his feet, firing a cutting curse that shattered Voldemort’s shield, causing the man’s eyes to widen in surprise. Voldemort barely managed to dodge Harry’s next spell.

Furious, Voldemort sent three cutting spells in succession. Harry dodged the first two but the third clipped him on the shoulder, spinning him around to land behind a small tombstone. He crouched behind it, trying to catch his breath. Between the stunner Crouch had hit him with earlier and the effects of two Cruciatus curses, he was tiring fast. If he got out of this, he vowed to build up more of his endurance.

“Come now, Potter,” Voldemort called out to him. “Don’t hide behind that tombstone. What will your brave Auror father think, his oldest son hiding from a fight? Come out of there and face me!”

Harry took a deep breath, pushed himself to his feet and stepped out from behind the tombstone, his wand raised.

“Ah, that’s better,” Voldemort said, “Now, I think it’s time to end this. Avada Kedavra!

At the same time, Harry had shouted, “Expelliarmus!”

The green light from Voldemort’s wand and the red light from Harry’s sped toward each other and hit each other in a flash of light, connecting the wands with a golden beam.

“What is this?” Voldemort demanded, holding his wand with both hands.

Harry didn’t know what to say but held on to his own wand, knowing somehow that he had to keep their wands connected if he wanted to survive.

Just then, three of the Death Eaters were hit by red lights and crumpled to the ground. The remaining nine looked around in confusion.

Dumbledore stepped out from the darkness, “Hello, Tom. Up to your old tricks again, I see.”

With a mighty wrench, Voldemort tore his wand away from its connection to Harry’s and faced his old professor.

“Do not call me that!” he screamed. “I am Lord Voldemort! That name has no more meaning for me.”

”Ah, but it is the name your mother gave you, Tom,” Dumbledore answered. “It is the name you bore while you were studying at Hogwarts.”

“Bah!” Voldemort yelled, “It doesn’t hold meaning for me anymore!” With that he started casting spells at Dumbledore who dodged as he cast spells back at Voldemort.

At the same time, more stunning spells dropped two more of the Death Eaters. This time, however, the remaining ones saw the direction the spells had come from. Four of them started firing spells that way while two started reviving their stunned comrades.

Soon, spells were flying in both directions. Harry found himself in a duel with Barty Crouch Jr and another Death Eater. He dodged and ducked while firing spells back at them, though they were few and far between.

Suddenly, he heard a familiar sounding female voice yell “Chiropterus Muccus!” at Crouch, causing him to go down, screaming and clutching his face as huge green bats came out of his nose. The other Death Eater was distracted enough for Harry to hit him with a stunner, knocking him out cold.

Someone grabbed him and pulled him back. Harry turned around, intent on hexing whoever it was but stopped when he saw that it was Mad-Eye.

Then a blur of red hit him, embracing him tightly. He inhaled deeply, reveling in the smell of strawberries and wild flowers that was Ginny’s familiar scent. He returned her embrace with the same fervor. For a few moments, it was like there were no other people in the world.

Then, Harry felt the presence of other people. Looking up, he saw Bill, Mr. Weasley and Mad-Eye Moody standing beside them, smirks on the Weasley males’ faces and a grin on Mad-Eye’s scarred one.

“Come on, Potter,” Mad-Eye said. “We’ve got to get you out of here.”

“I can’t leave yet!” Harry said, “Not while Dumbledore is out there fighting with Voldemort.” He turned around and saw the two powerful wizards dueling.

They were casting spells in rapid succession at each other. The air was crackling over the power they were displaying. It was a bit intimidating and Harry was wondering if he would ever have such power.

“Yes, you will,” Ginny said in his mind. “Remember the power revelation spell they cast on us last year, Harry. The light from your magical power was brighter than Dumbledore’s. You just need to train a bit more, then you can kick Tom’s ass true and proper.”

Then, Dumbledore stumbled and fell to the ground. Voldemort grinned triumphantly.

“NO!” Harry yelled. He pulled out of Ginny’s arms and rushed out toward the Headmaster.

Voldemort aimed his wand at the Headmaster. Then he looked up and smiled. Just as he cast the spell, his wand pointed up, straight at Harry. “Avada Kedavra!”

Harry was too surprised to move aside or raise his wand as the green light sped toward him. Suddenly, he was pushed down to the ground and someone stepped into the path of the green beam.

Harry looked up and saw Mad-Eye get hit by the green spell. For a moment, he thought the old wizard winked at him before crumpling in a heap at his feet.

Then, the pops of several people Apparating were heard. People dressed in Auror uniforms appeared in the graveyard, more than a dozen of them.

Voldemort snarled and yelled, “Retreat!”

In mere seconds, the still active Death Eaters Disapparated, leaving Harry and his friends in possession of the battlefield.
Reviews 475
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear