Search:

SIYE Time:10:58 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter And The Twists Of Fate
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 475
Summary: What if the fates let Harry's parents live that night he got his scar, plus gave him a younger sister and become friends with the Weasleys, especially Ron earlier. What would be different?
Hitcount: Story Total: 323195; Chapter Total: 8456







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 35: A visit to St. Mungo’s

The days passed quickly. The group celebrated Ron’s 14th birthday on the first day of March with a party after dinner. The twins managed to get an inordinate amount of food and drink for the occasion.

Hermione and Rose combined their money to give Ron a pair of Quidditch keeper gloves with his name stitched on it. Neville and Ti gave Ron a load of chocolate and candy from Honeyduke’s. Harry and Ginny got him a book on Wizard chess strategy, which he ended up reading until dawn the next day, causing him to miss their morning workout, much to their amusement.


A party was held for Remus Lupin on the DADA professor’s own birthday on the 10th of March. Aside from Harry and his friends, Sirius, Harry’s parents and the other teachers of Hogwarts were there. Even Snape had come, in spite of his obvious dislike for the birthday celebrant. Of course, he kept to himself most of the evening, though Harry noticed the Potions professor was often scratching his left forearm.

James and Lily were happy to help their friend celebrate another birthday. The chance to see their children, even on a school night was a great bonus.

Harry asked his father for news about Pettigrew, but there was nothing new. James, however, had more disturbing news.

It seemed the dementors had returned to their posts at Azkaban a few days after leaving. The Ministry had not tried to question the creatures as to why they had left and why they had returned. In fact, Fudge and Umbridge had allowed them to continue on with their duties at the wizarding prison.

Harry shook his head at the stupidity of the Minister and his crony. He did wonder why Voldemort had allowed the dementors to return to Ministry control.

“Harry.” He heard Ginny call in his mind, “Don’t think about that for now. Just enjoy the evening.”

Harry smiled as he gazed at his girlfriend smiling back at him as she was talking with Rose, “All right, Gin.” He turned to talk to Sirius about the Quidditch League.

In the second weekend of March, Ravenclaw beat Slytherin in a game where skillful flying overcame blatant attempts of cheating. Since both Slytherin and Ravenclaw had won against Hufflepuff already, this made Ravenclaw the team Gryffindor needed to beat for the Quidditch Cup in the final game set in April.

Oliver Wood scheduled more practices for the Gryffindor team, tiring out Harry and the twins so thoroughly that they couldn’t make the morning workouts any longer.

The Gryffindor team was coming back from a particularly grueling practice Saturday afternoon when McGonagall came upon them. She looked critically at their muddy and worn out appearance but didn’t comment.

“Mr. Potter,” McGonagall said, “I have important news for you, hopefully, good news.”

“What is it, Professor?” Harry said, a bit apprehensive.

“Your mother has gone into labour,” McGonagall said, a slight smile forming on her face, “Your father just floo called. He’s bringing her to St. Mungo’s.”

“What!” Harry said, his eyes going wide, “Dad said she was due in April.”

“Well, I believe that twins have a tendency to be early,” McGonagall said, “Now, Professor Dumbledore has given you and your sister permission to be with your parents until Sunday evening. Hopefully, the babies will be born by then. Go get cleaned up. Rose will await you in the Headmaster’s office. The password is ‘Hershey bar’.”

“Yes, professor,” Harry said, a bit dazed now.

“Harry, that’s so wonderful.” Ginny said to him in his mind, as he hurried to Gryffindor Tower and the boy’s dormitory, “You’re going to be there when your brother and sister are born.”

“Thanks, Gin,” Harry said, “I wish you could come with me, but you won’t be a legal part of this family for a few more years. Now, please tune me out. I need to take a shower and I don’t want you to repeat what happened two days ago.”

Ginny blushed in her mind as she remembered what he was alluding to. She had gone to breakfast early that day. She had tried to call Harry mentally to hurry up and accidentally saw through Harry’s eyes while he was standing in front of a mirror fresh from taking a shower. The glimpse she got of Harry’s developing body had caused her to drop a pitcher of pumpkin juice and spill it all over herself.

The reactions of their circle of friends weren’t something she wanted to repeat, either. Harry had also blushed when he realized what she had done. Hermione and Rose had both raised eyebrows in amusement as they had known that she was talking with Harry. Ron, Neville and Ti had confused looks on their faces while the twins had grinned at her while wondering why she was blushing after getting covered in pumpkin juice.


Harry showered and dressed quickly. After placing some clothes and books in a bag, He hurried to Dumbledore’s office. He gave the password to the blocking gargoyle and stepped on the moving stairs. When he entered the office, he found Remus waiting with Rose. Rose had a bag over her shoulder, also filled with clothes and books.

“Hey, Remus,” Harry said, “Are you coming with us?”

“Yes, Harry,” Remus said, “You know I wouldn’t miss the birth of a Potter child. I was there for yours and Rose’s, you know.”

Harry and Rose smiled. The three flooed over to St. Mungo’s. As soon as they arrived, Remus went over to the reception desk.

“May I help you?” the witch at the desk asked.

“Yes,” Remus said, “I’d like to know the room of Lily Potter. She’s giving birth.”

“Oh, yes,” the witch said, “She’s on the fifth floor, in a private room in the Amanda Manners Ward, next to the Hospital Shop.”

Remus thanked the reception witch and led Harry and Rose to the lift. They quickly found Lily’s room.

“Mum!” Rose and Harry cried together as soon as they entered the room. Lily was sitting up on the bed, James seated beside her.

Lily smiled, “Hello, my darlings,” holding her arms out to them then drawing them into an embrace. Harry and Rose gingerly avoided her swollen belly.

“Hey, kids,” James said, grinning. He hugged both of them and ruffled Harry’s hair.

Then he turned to Remus, “Hey, Moony, it’s great to see you. I’m glad you could escort my wayward kids and be here with us.”

Remus laughed, “You know I wouldn’t miss this, Prongs.”

“I know,” James said then he looked at his watch, “I know Sirius wouldn’t either, but he is running late. Ah well, come on, kids, Remus, take a seat.”

“So,” Harry said, once they were all seated, “how are you doing, Mum?”

“It’s just like when you and Rose were born,” Lily said, “I doubt you care for the details.” She looked critically at Harry, “Now, son, I know you and Ginny are a couple now. I hope she doesn’t have to come here like me for several years.”

Harry blushed, “Mum! Come on, we’re not doing anything more than kissing. We realize we’re too young for anything else.”

“Well, you both haven’t reached the peak of puberty yet. I just hope you don’t let your hormones get the better of you. I don’t want to become a grandmother when I’m still a new mother.”

Harry turned even redder, “Don’t worry, Mum. We’ll restrain ourselves.” He could feel Ginny turn as red as him.

Harry knew by what he was seeing through her eyes that she was lying on her bed in her dormitory, reading her Charms textbook.

“Harry," she said in his mind, "you know it’s scary how much like my Mum yours can get.”

“You said it, Gin. I guess it has to do with being a redhead.”

“What does that mean, Potter? Wait till I tell Rose about that remark. We’ll show you what redheads can do.”


Harry gulped. “No, no, no! I just meant that redheads can be so passionate.”

“Nice save, Harry. Now, I’d like to show you how passionate I can get when you get back.”

“Now that is something I’d look forward to. Of course, we can’t go forward too much, Gin.”


Ginny giggled, “I know, Harry. I just like to tease you. Don’t worry, I don’t want my Mum or yours to think I’m a scarlet woman.” Just then, they both felt her stomach grumble. Ginny frowned. “Well, I think I’ll go get some dinner. I wish you were here with me right now."

“I know, Gin. I wish you were here with us. I just hope my new siblings come soon. I’ll see you when we get back. Just be careful.”

“All right, Harry. I’ll see you. At least, I can get some homework done without any distractions.”

“Yeah, I know. I brought some books, too. It may be a long wait. See you, Gin. I love you."


Harry felt her happiness over his words, “I love you, too, Harry. See you soon.”

Harry turned his attention back to the room he was in. Luckily, his parents and Remus didn’t seem to have noticed his interlude with Ginny. Rose, however, did and she just gave him a knowing smirk.

Then, Lily suddenly grimaced as she held her bulging stomach.

James rushed forward to hold her hand, “Another contraction, honey?”

Lily nodded mutely as she rode out the pain. Once it had passed, she said, “They’re getting closer and closer.”

Just then, a pretty blonde woman came in dressed in the orange robes of a healer. She had a kindly smile on her face, “Lily, James, it’s so good to see you again, though it’s been years. I never thought to see you again for a delivery.” She moved to hug the two Potter adults.

James smiled as he drew back from her, “It’s so good to see you, too, Sam. Are you still single?”

She nodded, a blush forming on her face.

James turned to his children, “Kids, this is Samantha Turgis. She’s the healer who delivered the two of you, years ago. She was barely out of healer training then. She was in Ravenclaw in Hogwarts, two years behind us.”

“Yes, that’s right,” Sam said, smiling, “You remembered. I was quite grateful that you trusted me back then to deliver your children, even when you were in hiding.”

Harry and Rose looked at each other. They had never known who had delivered them, especially Rose, who had been born in the safehouse in Godric’s Hollow.

Sam turned to Remus, “Hello, Remus, nice to see you again.”

“Hello, Sam,” Remus said, shaking her hand, “It’s good to see you, too.”

“She looks a bit like Madame Pomfrey, doesn’t she?” Rose whispered to Harry.

“Are you talking about Madame Pomfrey, the Hogwarts nurse, dear?” Sam asked, having heard Rose’s comment.

Rose turned red as she nodded.

“She’s the sister of my mum,” Sam replied, “In fact, she was the one who encouraged me to take up the profession.”

Lily gasped and her face screwed up in apparent pain.

“Oh dear,” Sam said, “those contractions are coming more often. I’ll need to examine you.” She arranged Lily and drew the curtains around her bed.

After a few minutes, Sam emerged from the curtains, “She’s fully dilated, James. We need to get her to the delivery room. You can come with us.”
Sam stepped out of the room and returned a moment later with a gurney. She carefully levitated Lily onto it and arranged the sheets over her.

Just then, Sirius burst into the room, “Have I missed it?” He saw Lily on the gurney, “Oh, thank Merlin I haven’t.”

“You almost did, Sirius,” Sam said then, her voice suddenly hard.

Sirius then noticed her, “Er, hi, Sam. Long time, no see.” He had a sheepish look on his face.

Sam glared at him then turned to James, “I see you’re still friends with that one. Well, I won’t hold it against you. We better get going or Lily might give birth here.”

Sam guided the gurney with her wand out the door. James graced Sirius with a smirk then followed her.

All the while, Harry, Rose and Remus had watched the scene with interest and amusement.

Finally, Rose asked, “You dated her, didn’t you, Sirius?”

Sirius turned to her, a sheepish grin on his face, “Yep, for a whole year after Harry was born.” He turned to Remus who was struggling to keep from laughing, “Now, don’t you start, Moony.”

Remus finally gave in to his laughter, drawing bewildered looks from Harry and Rose. After a few seconds, Remus stopped laughing and just grinned, “Sorry, Padfoot. I couldn’t resist after seeing your face.” He then sobered up, “What did happen between the two of you? I thought it was getting serious. You never date a girl for more than a couple of months.”

Sirius frowned, “It was getting serious. Then, after Rose was born, the Deatheaters were stepping up their attacks, especially on Aurors and their families. I thought it was too dangerous for her to be seeing me. I broke up with her, even when she didn’t want to. It wasn’t a pretty scene. We haven’t seen each other since.”

Harry was surprised his godfather didn’t make an effort to make a ‘serious/Sirius’ joke.

“She’s still single, Padfoot,” Remus said, softly, “I think she still has feelings for you.”

“No, no, Moony,” Sirius said, just as softly, “If You-know-who is back, then it’s still dangerous.”

“If you say so, Padfoot,” Remus said.

Harry and Rose exchanged glances but remained silent.

After a few minutes, Remus spoke up, “I think it’ll take a while for Lily to deliver your new brother and sister. Let’s get some dinner. The coffee shop is just around the corner.”

After their meal, there was still no word. Harry and Rose got out their books and did their homework while sitting on the bed. Eventually, they fell asleep.


Meanwhile, Ginny was in the almost empty Gryffindor Common Room, doing an essay for Potions. She felt Harry fall asleep and smiled. She was glad he was getting some rest. She wished she could also go to bed.

The Portrait opened up. Ginny quickly drew her wand but sighed in relief when Hermione stepped in.

“Where have you been?” Ginny asked the older girl, “It’s late already. What were you doing alone?”

“Shh,” Hermione whispered, as she sat beside Ginny, “I was in the library, researching about the Bond. I found some interesting facts about it. Is Harry awake? I’d like to go through this just once.”

“Sorry, Hermione,” Ginny said, “He just fell asleep. Can’t you just tell me first? We can tell Harry and Rose when they get back.”

Hermione thought about it for a minute or two then she got several pieces of parchment from a pocket of her robes and said, “Okay, Ginny. I don’t know how much Professor Dumbledore told you and Harry, but here’s what I found.”

Hermione’s voice turned to the lecture-mode tone Ginny often heard her use on Ron and Harry, “The Soul bond is a form of magical binding of two people in love which allows the couple to feel their partner’s feelings and sense their thoughts when they are together, amplifying their love for each other. It also allows them to share their magical energy, though it causes exhaustion. The Bond is usually created by a magical ritual done by a married couple who have been in love with each other since their teens.”

Hermione turned to Ginny, “There’s a long essay on the ritual itself but I think we can skip that.” She turned back to her notes after Ginny nodded, “The Bond, however, has been created naturally in several instances. All these occurrences have several things in common. First, a powerful wizard saves the one he loves at the peril of his own life. Second, the witch he saves is also in love with him and would have died if he had not saved her. Third, and most important, they are unaware of the other’s feelings.”

Hermione looked up at Ginny, wide-eyed, “Wow, that sure covers what happened in the Chamber.”

Ginny, who was also wide-eyed, nodded, “Wh-what else did you find about the Bond?”

“Oh, yes, um,” Hermione said, looking through her notes, “Well, according to stories about those who had the Bond form naturally, they started to experience each other thoughts and feelings soon after the event wherein the wizard saved the witch. These naturally formed Bonds developed to become stronger than the ones formed by the ritual. The couples were able to share their feelings and thoughts over longer distances. Some were even able to talk to each other over a distance of up to 100 miles.”

Hermione put down her notes and looked up again at Ginny, “Have you tried talking to Harry since he and Rose went to St. Mungo’s?”

“Er, yes, I have,” Ginny said, “Hermione, how far do you think it is from here to St. Mungo’s?”

“I’m not sure,” Hermione said, “but since it’s in London, it’s definitely farther than 100 miles.”

“Wow,” Ginny said, looking a bit stunned, “Until today, the farthest distance we’ve talked over was within Hogwarts. Before that, we were feeling each other’s emotions between the Burrow and Potter Manor. That’s barely 30 miles apart.”

“Oh, that’s interesting,” Hermione said, “From the looks of it, yours may be the strongest one yet. If it is the Soul Bond you and Harry are forming, you’ll be the youngest couple to form the Bond. Until now, the youngest couple was about 17 and 15 years old when they started to form the Bond.”

“Wow, that’s something,” Ginny said, “Er, Hermione, you mentioned those things that the naturally formed Bonds had in common. Where did you get that information? Professor Dumbledore said no one knew the exact circumstances when the Bond forms.”

“Well, the exact circumstances aren’t the same, but they have those similarities,” Hermione replied, “As to where I got the information, I, um, found a book in the Restricted Section of the Library.”

Ginny raised one eyebrow, “The Restricted Section? How did you get in there? I don’t think that you asked a teacher for permission.”

Hermione turned red and pulled out a silvery piece of cloth from another pocket, “Er, no, I didn’t. I, um, sneaked up to the boy’s dormitory earlier and nicked Harry’s cloak from his trunk. I sneaked into the Restricted Section under it.”

Ginny giggled, “You didn’t? Oh, Hermione, Harry would be proud of you, not to mention Ron and the twins.”

Hermione handed the cloak to Ginny, “Here, you give it back to Harry. The rest of the stuff I found about the Bond can wait until he and Rose get back. After all, you still have that essay to finish for Professor Snape.”

Ginny groaned, “You had to mention that. Oh, all right, I’ll get back to work.”

Hermione smiled, “Don’t worry. I know you do good work, even for Snape. Good night, Gin.”

Ginny grimaced, “Good night, Hermione.”



Harry felt he had just gone to sleep when he was shaken awake by a hand on his shoulder.

“Harry, wake up,” a voice said. It took him a few seconds to recognize that is was Sirius’ voice, “wake up, kiddo.”

“Wha-what time is it?” Harry said, looking up at a blurred image of his godfather.

“It’s almost noon, Harry,” Sirius said, handing him his glasses, “It’s time to meet your new brother and sister.”

Harry shot up to a sitting position, as he put on his glasses, “They’re here?”

“Yup,” Sirius said, grinning, “Your mum should be in here in a few minutes with them.”

Remus was gently shaking Rose, “Rose, come on, wake up.”

Rose stretched and grinned, “Where are they? How’s Mum?

James came in the room at that moment, “Your mum’s fine. She’ll be here in a bit. As to your new siblings, Sam’s cleaning them up before bringing them over.”

“How was it, Dad? Rose asked, “Did mum have a hard time?”

“Not really,” James said, “It wasn’t as long as when she had you or Harry.”

The door of the room opened again, this time revealing a tired looking Lily sitting in a wheelchair, holding two bundles in her arms, one blue and the other pink.

James moved up to her to get one of the bundles. He brought it over to Harry and Rose.
“Harry, Rose,” he said, “meet Andrew James Potter.” He placed him carefully in Rose’s arms.

They peered into the bundle to see a pink face with tiny wisps of red hair.

“Oh, no,” Harry thought, “He might be mistaken for a Weasley.”

“And what’s wrong with that, Potter?” he heard Ginny say in his mind.

“Oops, I didn’t realize you were awake already, Ginny. Er, nothing wrong with that. It’s just that he’s my brother. I want to make sure people know he’s a Potter.”

“Well, all right. For a second, I thought you didn’t like Weasleys anymore.”

“How can I not, when I’m in love with the youngest Weasley.”

“All right, I forgive you for that remark. He is quite cute.”

“That he is. Here comes Dad with my sister.”


“Now, this is Daisy Amelia Potter,” James said, holding the pink bundle for them to see.
Harry didn’t miss seeing Sirius raise his eyebrows or his Dad giving Sirius a stern look when James had said the name.

Daisy looked almost like Andrew and had a tuft of black hair already. She opened her eyes and it seemed to be brown.

“She’s real cute, Harry. I like them both,” Ginny said to Harry in his mind.

“Yeah, they look cute. I wonder though how they’ll be in a few months.”

“Probably just like Fred and George. Charlie once told me they wouldn’t stop moving around once they were able to crawl.”

“Oh great, just what we need, younger versions of Gred and Forge.”


Ginny giggled, “I’d like to see how your parents would handle them.”

Harry shook his head, grinning mentally, “I doubt Mum would have much trouble. She’s been handling Dad and Sirius for years and they’re as bad as Fred and George.”

“That’s true. Well, anyway, I’m going to lunch, Harry. When are you coming back here?”

“Dunno. I’ll ask Dad.”
Harry turned to his father, “Dad, now that the twins are born, when can we get back to Hogwarts? I have some more homework to do.”

“Hey, I don’t want to go back yet,” Rose said, “You just want to get back so you can see Ginny.”

“Well, er, that is….” Harry said, intelligently. He could feel Ginny laughing and feeling happy that Harry wanted to see her.

James laughed, “How about before dinner? That way, you can surprise her and get to eat a good Hogwarts meal, not the questionable hospital food. Remus has a portkey back to Hogwarts that can be activated by a password since you can’t floo back. It’ll take you straight to Albus’ office. ”

“Okay, that’s fine, Dad,” Harry said, “I’ll see you, Gin. Meet me outside the Headmaster’s office before dinner.”

“All right, Harry. See you.”



A few hours later, they were saying goodbye to James, Lily and the babies.

Harry could feel Ginny walking down the corridors of the castle, heading for Dumbledore’s office, anxious to see him. He felt the same.

Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his back that seemed to come from Ginny. Then he lost consciousness.

“Harry!” James said, rushing over to his son, who had suddenly collapsed.

Harry stirred the moment James touched him. James helped him sit up.

“What happened, son?” James asked, “Is it your scar?”

“No!” Harry said, getting up, “Something happened to Ginny. I felt it. She was walking to the Headmaster’s office when something hit her in the back and she blacked out. We have to get to her! Remus! Where’s the portkey?” Harry looked frantic.

“Slow down, Harry,” James said, “How do you know this? How’d you know it’s Ginny?”

Rose touched her father’s arm with her hand, “He knows, Dad. Trust me, he knows. If he says something happened to Ginny, then something did.”

“How can he know, Rose?” Remus asked.

“I just do, okay?” Harry said, his voice rising, “We need to get back to Hogwarts now, Remus, right now!”

The adults looked at each other, bewildered.

“Well, all right,” Remus said, “Sirius, come on. If something has happened to Ginny, we’ll need your help. James, you stay with Lily.”

“Well, all right, Moony,” James said, looking worriedly at his panicking son, “Let me know if you need my help.”

Remus took an old leather glove from his pocket and held it out, “Okay, Harry, Rose, Padfoot, take a grasp of the glove.” Once they all had a hold of it, Remus said, “Home to the castle.” They vanished with a pop.
Reviews 475
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear