Search:

SIYE Time:6:51 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter And The Twists Of Fate
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 475
Summary: What if the fates let Harry's parents live that night he got his scar, plus gave him a younger sister and become friends with the Weasleys, especially Ron earlier. What would be different?
Hitcount: Story Total: 322761; Chapter Total: 8644







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 33: A conversation with Rose and Hermione

Harry stirred. He slowly became aware that he wasn’t in his bed. He groggily opened his eyes and saw a sea of red in front of his eyes. He smelled a lovely combination of vanilla and roses coming from it. He then became aware of the arms around him and his arms around someone familiar.

He fully opened his eyes and saw he was on the couch in front of the fireplace in the Gryffindor Common Room and Ginny was in his lap, just like that time on New Year’s Day at Potter Manor. She still seemed to be asleep. A glance at the clock on the fireplace mantel showed it was already after 6am.

“Ginny,” he called gently in her mind, “Wake up, sweetheart. Come on, before someone sees us like this.”

She stirred a bit but then tightened her arms around him, murmuring, “Five more minures, Mum.”

“Okay, Gin,” Harry said, sofly, as he moved to lift her off his lap, “Come on, it’s morning already. We really need to get up before someone finds us.”

“Too late, Potter,” a voice said behind him, sounding much like McGonagall.

Harry yelped and leaped up, unceremoniously dumping Ginny on the floor. He turned around and was met by laughter.

Standing behind them was Rose, now laughing, Hermione and Ron. The latter’s face was red and his eyes were hard points as he looked between Harry and Ginny.

“Harry, you prat,” she screamed in his mind, “why the hell did you do that?”

“Sorry, Ginny,”
he said to her as he helped her up, “my prat of a sister made me think it was McGonagall who found us.”

“Oh!”
she said to him, “Er, did we fall asleep down here?” she looked apologetic to him.

“Yup, just like we did at Potter Manor on New’s Year’s Eve.” Harry then turned to Rose, “Hey, don’t do that, Rose. Look what happened.”

Rose stop laughing but still had a smirk on her face, “Well, I couldn’t let the opportunity go to waste. I haven’t had a chance to tease you two yet.”

“Oh, yeah, Ha, ha,” Harry said, as he turned to Ginny, “Meet you back in ten minutes?”

“Make it twenty,” Ginny said, “I need a good shower.” “I need to wash away the memories made up by your dream.”

Harry frowned but only said, “Okay, see you.” He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and headed for the boys’ stairs. He barely registered the calculating look on Hermione’s face.

Ginny headed for the girls’ stairs, trailed by Rose.

When Harry got out of the boys’ bathroom, he found Ron waiting for him in the bedroom. Their other roommates had already left.

Harry started to dress, ignoring Ron who was watching him intently. Finally, as he was tying his shoes, Harry had had enough of Ron’s staring.

“All right, Ron,” Harry said, “what is it? If it’s about me and Ginny being together in the Common Room all night, nothing happened beyond sleeping side by side, okay?”

Ron looked at him critically, “Are you sure, Harry?”

“Yes!” Harry said, forcefully, “Look, Ron, I’m not ready for more than snogging. We’re not ready for more than that. We’ve agreed that we’re too young for more. So, don’t worry. We’re taking it slow.”

“All right,” Ron said, still looking a little skeptical, “But why did you two end up in the Common Room together?”

Harry hesitated slightly, wondering how to answer Ron.

“Harry," Ginny said in his mind, "just tell him you had a nightmare and I came down to comfort you.”

“Why do I get to have the nightmare?”

“Just tell him, will you? It’s close enough to the truth. Hurry up! I’m starving.”


“Harry?” Ron said, “what is it? You seemed to space out for a moment.”

“Sorry, Ron,” Harry said, “It’s just that it’s, er, a bit embarrassing to admit. I had a nightmare last night and came down to the Common Room to relax. Ginny must have sensed it and came down to comfort me. At least that’s what she said. Anyway, we were so relaxed that we fell asleep.”

“All right,” Ron said, smiling as he placed a hand on Harry’s shoulder, “Well, don’t worry. I won’t tell anyone that you needed to hold your girlfriend’s hand after having a nightmare.”

Harry frowned, “Uh, yeah, thanks.” He could hear Ginny laughing in his mind.“Be kind, Gin.”

Ginny giggled in his mind, “All right, Harry. You better not let the twins hear that. I’m ready. Let’s get some breakfast.”

When they entered for breakfast, Harry noticed that Dumbledore was not at the Head Table. He frowned and wondered why the Headmaster was not there.

“Maybe he’s gone to find out who the woman was, Harry,” Ginny said to him mentally.

“Maybe, Gin,” Harry said back, “I just wish he had told us beforehand. Now, we’ll have to wait for him to come back before we can tell anyone what Trelawney said.”

Near the end of breakfast, Harry saw an owl fly over to McGonagall. She read the note the owl had delivered. Harry saw her lips tighten to a thin line then she leaned over to Professor Sprout and talked to her.

The portly Herbology professor became a bit distressed after her conversation with the Assistant Headmistress. Professor Sprout came down to the Hufflepuff table and spoke to one of her students, a girl in Harry’s year who had her hair in a long plait. The girl had tears running down her face after that and almost ran out of the Great Hall.

“Wonder what that was about,” Ron said, “It looked like bad news.” He turned to Harry, “Harry, do you remember who she is?”

“Oh, honestly, Ron,” Hermione said, “she’s been taking some classes with us since we started here. That was Susan Bones.”

“I know Susan,” Neville said. He turned to Harry, “You should know her too, Harry. Her aunt is Madam Amelia Bones, head of Magical Law Enforcement.”

“Oh! She’s Dad’s boss, then,” Harry said, then he looked at Neville, “She’s our Dads’ boss.”

Neville nodded, “I heard Susan’s been under her care since You-Know-Who killed her entire family. In fact, Madam Bones is Susan’s only family.”

Harry looked sharply at Ginny, “Ginny, you don’t think…..”

“….that the woman in the graveyard was Madam Bones?”
Ginny asked.

“I recognize her now,” Harry said, “I met Madam Bones once when I was nine, You remember the Ministry picnic your Dad organized at that park in Devonshire four years ago?”

“How could I forget that, Harry?
Ginny said, a blush forming on her face, “that was actually the first time you kissed me. Maybe that’s when I first fell in love with you.”

“Yeah, well,”
Harry said, looking down as he blushed himself, “it was just on the cheek and that was on a dare from Fred and George. Anyway, Dad introduced Rose and me to her then. She was actually the first Ministry official who didn’t fawn over me as the Boy-who-lived. I liked her. Merlin! I hope it wasn’t her.”

“Calm down, Harry,”
Ginny said, “We’ll find out when Dumbledore gets back.”

“Yeah, I guess,”
Harry said, “I hope it’s soon.” He turned fully to her, “It’s time to head for class. I’ll see you at lunch.”

Ginny smiled and nodded, “See you, Harry.” She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and moved off with Rose and Colin.

Harry went off to join Hermione, Ron and Neville and head for DADA. At the end of the class, Harry busied himself fixing his bookbag, waiting for the classroom to empty. He whispered to his friends to go on to the Great Hall and he’d see them there. He then went up to Remus.

“Remus?” he asked the professor.

Remus looked up from the papers he was reading, “Harry! What can I do for you?”

“Um, I noticed Dumbledore wasn’t at breakfast today,” Harry said, “Do you know where he is?”

Remus frowned, “I’m sorry, Harry, I don’t. Minerva simply told us this morning that Professor Dumbledore would be gone for a few days and she would be in charge in the meantime. Was there something you needed from him? Maybe I can help.”

“Er, not really, Remus,” Harry said, stammering a bit, “I guess it can wait till he comes back.”

He hurriedly left and went to the Great Hall. When he got there, he immediately sought out Ginny. She was sitting already at the Gryffindor table but stood up when he appeared at the doors.

When Harry sat down, Ginny took his hand and held it, sending soothing words through their mental link to calm his agitated state. They ate a quiet lunch together.

Harry’s other friends noticed this but didn’t say anything, not even Ron.
Later, at the end of their class in Ancient Runes, Hermione manage to corner Harry as they walked out of the classroom.

“Harry, what’s going on between you and Ginny?” Hermione asked him, in a whisper

“What?” Harry said, a smirk on his face, “I thought you figured it out already. After all, you practically told off Ron. We’re dating.”

Hermione glared at him, “It’s more than that, Harry. I see you and Ginny simple staring at each other, yet your faces show all sorts of emotions.”

“Really, Hermione,” Harry said, quickening his pace, “what can that mean?”

“Well, that’s what I see,” Hermione said, “wait a minute.” She stopped a moment then ran to catch up with Harry, “Are you two talking to each other in your heads, like some sort of telepathy?”

“Oh, come on, Hermione,” Harry said, “how would we be able to do that?”

“I don’t know,” Hermione said, “but it would explain everything. That’s it, isn’t it? Come on, Harry. You and Ginny can trust me.”

“Ginny? Are you hearing this?” Harry asked her.

“Yes, Harry,” she replied, “Every last bit of it.”

“So, what do you think?”
Harry asked, “Should we tell her?”

“I think we should, Harry.”
Ginny replied, “She can help us research this Bond thing. We haven’t heard anything more from Dumbledore about it. Um, I also think we should tell Rose everything.”

Harry groaned, “Ginny! Why?”

“HARRY JAMES POTTER! She’s your sister! She already knows we can feel each other’s emotions. She might as well know it all. Besides, she can help Hermione with the research about the Bond.”

“All right, all right,”
Harry said, shaking his head, “Just don’t yell in my mind like that. We can tell Rose, too. Um, what about Ron?

“Hmm, why don’t we see how it goes with Hermione and Rose before we go bringing my overprotective brother into this. Where do we meet you?”

“Um, there’s a secret passage to Hogsmeade on the third floor, behind this painting of a mother holding a baby. The password is ‘little peggy’.”

“All rght, Harry. See you in a bit.”


“You’re talking to her in your mind again, aren’t you?” Hermione asked him just then.

“Uh, yeah,” Harry said sheepishly, “I had to ask her if she wants you to know what we’re doing. Since she’s part of this, I needed to get her permission.”

“Ok, Harry,” Hermione said, “That makes sense, I guess. So, can you tell me?”

Harry looked around, making sure there was no one else around. “Yeah, but not here. Ginny also has to be there. Come on.” He led her down the corridor and up a couple of staircases.

Once they reached the portrait Harry had told Ginny about, Hermione looked at him with a questioning look.

Harry held up his hand, “Wait a minute.” He walked up to the portrait and whispered the password. The woman in the portrait bowed to him and slid it aside. The opening led into a storeroom of sorts that narrowed at the other end and continued on into the darkness.

Harry smirked at Hermione’s gobsmacked face. He went in and lit his wand.

“What is this place, Harry?” she asked, as she followed him in. The opening closed after her.

“It’s one of the secret passages to Hogsmeade my Dad and Sirius told me about before I came to Hogwarts,” Harry replied, “It also makes a good meeting place as no one else knows about it or the password to open the portrait.

Just then, the portrait slid aside again. Hermione tensed for a moment before Ginny peeked in. The youngest Weasley entered the secret room followed by Rose Potter.

Once they were all settled on some old boxes that they dusted off with a good scourgify spell, Hermione looked expectantly at Harry.

Harry sighed and looked at Ginny.

“Oh, no,” Ginny said to him, “you’re the one she asked, you be the one to tell her and Rose.”

Harry sighed again, “All right, Hermione. You’re right. Ginny and I can talk to each other in our minds.’

“I knew it,” Hermione declared, then started bombarding Harry and Ginny with questions in a rapid succession.

Harry laughed, “Slow down, Hermione. I’ll start at the beginning. Some of this Rose already knows as we both talked to her about it separately. You see, it all started after I rescued Ginny from the Chamber….”

Harry then proceeded to tell them everything, including their conversation with Dumbledore, but he still left out his dreams about Voldemort and Dumbledore’s speculations about his having connection with Voldemort through his scar. He pointedly ignored Ginny’s question on that.

Once Harry was done, Hermione looked thoughtful for a few seconds then she said, “A soul bond, huh? Hmm, we need to find out everything known about that. It’s good you included Rose in this. She can help me with the research. Right, Rose? Rose?”

The three of them looked at Rose who had a stunned expression on her face. She only snapped out of it when Ginny shook her.

“Wow!” Rose said, “I thought what you were doing was great, but as part of a soul bond? That’s so cool!” She was grinning now, “So, that means you’re both really destined to be together forever, right?”

“Yeah,” Harry said, “According to Dumbledore, pretty much.”

“Ooh, wait till Mum and Mrs. Weasley hear about this,” Rose said, her eyes twinkling with mischief, “they’ll be planning the wedding.”

Harry’s eyes widened, “Don’t you dare, sis! We’re not even finished with school yet!” He could feel Ginny’s amusement. “Don’t you start, Gin.”

“Why didn’t you tell them about your dreams with Voldemort, Harry?”

“I didn’t want to shock them all at once, Ginny. I’ll tell them now.” He looked at Hermione and Rose, “Okay, there is something else.”

Hermione raised one eyebrow but didn’t comment.

Harry drew a deep breath and told them about his two dreams about Voldemort and Dumbledore’s speculations.

At the end, both girls were wide-eyed. Then Rose rushed forward to embrace Harry, her eyes filled with tears.

“Oh, Harry,” Rose said, her voice muffled as she was pressed against Harry’s chest, “Why can’t that bloody bastard leave you alone?”

“Hey,” Harry said, returning her embrace, “It’ll be all right.”

“But, Harry,” Hermione said, tears in her own eyes, “if Dumbledore is right, then he’s come back. He could try to kill you again.”

They all lapsed into silence at those words. Harry continued to hold on to his sister.

“Well, with Dumbledore here, there’s no way he’d try,” Ginny finally said. “He better not try. I’ve got you now, Potter and there’s no way I’m letting Tom take you away. I’ll bat-bogey hex him into the next century.”

“Thanks, Gin. Remember what I told you the other night, I’m not letting him get you either.”


“Okay, that’s it,” Rose said, as she pulled away from Harry and stood up, “Hermione, they’re talking to each other mentally again.”

“Hmm,” Hermione said, “we’ll have to look up this ‘soul bond’ thing as soon as possible.”

“Well, you two can do that,” Ginny said as she grabbed Harry’s hand and headed for the entrance, “As for me, I’m hungry and I want my boyfriend beside me while I eat.”

When the four arrived at the Great Hall and sat down at the Gryffindor table, Ron looked up from his plate, “Hey, what took you guys so long? I’ve been saving your places for over a half-hour!”

“Sorry, Ron,” Harry said, “Hermione wanted to ask Professor Vector some questions after class, so I waited for her. Then the moving staircases got us into the wrong corridor.”

“Well, okay,” Ron said then he went back to eating.

Harry heard Ginny giggle in his mind.

“That’s Ron for you. You can’t take his mind from his food for too long.”

“Yeah, I know that.”
Harry told her, smirking, “I was counting on it so he’d swallow the lame story I gave him.” They then started on their own dinner.

Reviews 475
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear