Search:

SIYE Time:1:13 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter And The Twists Of Fate
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 475
Summary: What if the fates let Harry's parents live that night he got his scar, plus gave him a younger sister and become friends with the Weasleys, especially Ron earlier. What would be different?
Hitcount: Story Total: 323229; Chapter Total: 8766







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 27: Christmas with Ti

Dumbledore was saddened by news of Ti’s expulsion from his family. He told Ti that he would still allowed to use the surname of Malfoy while at Hogwarts until Ti either was adopted by another family or reached his seventeenth birthday at which time he could choose his own name. Dumbledore also allowed Ti to stay at Hogwarts, though he needed to find a place to stay over the summer as no student was allowed to live in Hogwarts during the summer holidays

Dumbledore gave Harry and Ron permission to floo their parents to ask for permission to stay at Hogwarts with Ti during the Christmas break.

When Harry reluctantly told his mother the reason why Ti was not going to Malfoy Manor for the holidays, Lily became furious and wanted to invite Ti over to Potter Manor. Harry told her that maybe they’d bring him over for Christmas day but for now, Ti would be more comfortable at Hogwarts.

Molly also wanted to have Ti over at the Burrow for Christmas so Harry and the others promised to talk to him about having dinner on Christmas day at the Weasley’s home.

Molly told Ron to tell Percy to stay so he could keep an eye on his younger brothers and sister. Ron grinned, knowing his older brother didn’t like babysitting, especially as his girlfriend was going home for the holidays.

Later that afternoon, Harry, Rose, Ron and Ginny accompanied Neville and Hermione to the Hogsmeade train station on board the horseless carriages. They helped them get their trunks into the train. Neville and Hermione again promised to try to get back early as they said their goodbyes.

As the train was pulling out, Harry saw Draco leaning out one of the windows, a big smirk on his face. “Enjoy your holiday with my non-brother, Potter!” the Slytherin boy yelled as the train moved faster.

Harry glared after the train. I’m giving it to that git when he gets back.

“We all will, Harry, all the Marauders together.”

He looked behind him and locked gazes with Ginny. “We have to talk, Ginny.”

“All right, Harry, tonight, at midnight, in the common room.”


Dinner that night was done in one table as there were few students left at Hogwarts. Aside from the Potters, Weasleys and Ti, there were only three Ravenclaws and four Hufflepuffs left and no Slytherins.

Remus ate with them and entertained them with some hilarious stories about Sirius during their time at Hogwarts. He was sympathetic about Ti’s situation and helped Harry compose a letter to Sirius.

That night, Harry made sure that Ron was asleep before putting on a robe and creeping down to the common room. When he arrived, it was empty. He sat down in one of the armchairs in front of the dying fire. He pulled his wand out and muttered a spell, causing the fire to flare back to life. Then he leaned back and waited.

After a few minutes, he felt the presence of another and knew without turning around who it was. The other person took the armchair opposite his.

“Hi,” he said softly, looking at Ginny. She was dressed in a light green nightgown. She looked nice in it.

“Hi,” she answered back shyly.

The silence between them stretched for several minutes as both of them stared into the fire. Finally, Harry looked up and said, “So, I guess something happened to us in the Chamber.”

“You mean other than you rescuing me?” she asked, smiling shyly.

“Yeah,” Harry said, smiling back, “So, when did you notice you could sense what I was feeling?”

She leaned back in the chair, her face screwed up in thought, “I guess it was the first time I came to your place last summer. I started getting flashes of annoyance or irritation that got stronger when I looked up to your room.”

“I could feel your glee and happiness that day as you and Rose played in the garden,” Harry said, “But that wasn’t the first time I felt your emotions.”

“It wasn’t?” Ginny asked.

“No,” Harry said, “I first felt your feelings that night in Dumbledore’s office. I could feel your sadness and fright. I didn’t think much of it at the time but then next day, I felt your relief when no one brought up what had happened and later, in the Feast, your joy. Then, as the summer passed, I felt more and more of your feelings.”

“It got stronger with me, too, Harry,” Ginny said, “and not just your feelings.” She looked directly in his eyes. “I could sense your thoughts when we started doing that martial arts stuff,” she said to him in his mind.

Harry returned her gaze. “I know, he said to her in her mind, "I could do the same thing. I guess that’s why we could barely hit each other whenever we sparred. Now, we can even send thoughts to each other.”

Then, Ginny suddenly leaned back in her armchair, hugging herself.

Harry felt fear and apprehension coming for her. He rushed out of his chair over to her, kneeling down in front of her.

“What’s happening to us, Harry?” she asked him, the fear evident in her voice.

Harry placed a hand gently on her knee. “I don’t know, Gin,” he said, “I don’t really know. But please, tell me. Is it really bad, sensing each other’s feelings, being able to share our thoughts?”

She thought about it for a moment. “Not really, Harry. I was just worried you wouldn’t want to be this way with me.”

Harry raised one eyebrow, “Why ever not?” he asked her, “You’re my friend, as well as my sister’s best friend. You’re also a pretty, smart and loving person. So, don’t ever think I mind what’s happening to us.” He had felt a twinge of disappointment from her when she heard him call her a friend, but Harry ignored it for now. “Just think how much fun it will be being able to talk without anyone knowing we are.”

She giggled, “Oh yes, we can share secrets and information without anyone knowing. What’s the farthest we can be to speak to each other with thoughts alone?”

“I don’t know,” Harry said, “Right now, after what happened this morning, I’d say the farthest we can do it is the distance from the Great Hall to the Quidditch Pitch.”

“Well,” Ginny said, “I think that’s something we should test during this holiday.”

Harry grinned, “I agree. We will. Now, I think we should get some sleep.”

Ginny then hugged him. “I’m glad you’re okay with this, Harry.”

Harry returned the embrace and noted how contented he felt. “I’m glad, too.”

Harry drew back after a while, taking note of the blush on Ginny’s checks, though he didn’t say anything about it. “Gin, I have to tell you, I’ve talked to Rose about this.”

She blushed again, “So have I. Well, actually she dragged it out of me the night we got back here.”

“Well, it’s about time you two talked about it,” said a voice from behind them, “I was getting frustrated that neither of you seemed to want to talk.”

They turned around and found Rose standing there in her nightgown, a smirk on her face.

“My, what a picture you two are right now,” she said, a grin now on her face, “It’s a good thing Ron isn’t the one who found you two.”

Puzzled, Harry and Ginny looked down and found that they still had their arms around each other. They jumped apart quickly and looked away from each other.

“Um, well, I think we should go to bed now,” Harry said, his cheeks heating up.

“Yeah,” Ginny said, “I think we’ve finished up for now.”

With that, they rushed up to their respective stairs, past the smirking Rose.


The next three days passed with the seven Gryffindors enjoying themselves around Hogwarts and in Hogsmeade. Ti received special permission from Dumbledore and McGonagall to visit the village, as he had no guardian at the moment. Percy avoided the others except for meals, which was fine with them as they were also busy planning pranks to play on the school populace once the new term started.

The day before Christmas, the seven friends received a surprise when Sirius came into the Great Hall while they were having lunch.

Harry and Rose ran up to the black-haired man, while Ti followed reluctantly after a push from Ginny.

“What are you doing here, Sirius,” Harry asked, grinning as he hugged his godfather.

“Hey,” Sirius said, grinning as he returned the embrace, “can’t a guy visit his godson and that godson’s sister and his nephew, not to mention their friends without a reason?”

He also hugged Rose and then turned to Ti who was standing uncertainly at a distance.

“Hey, you,” Sirius said to the younger boy, opening his arms, “come on over here and give your old uncle a hug.”

Ti hesitantly approached Sirius, then embraced him when the man enfolded him in his arms, tears running down his cheeks.

“Come on, Ti,” Sirius said gently, “I think we should have a talk.” He led the boy away and out of the Great Hall.

Harry and Rose watched them leave and Rose turned to her brother, “What’s that about?” she asked.
“I have an idea, sis,” Harry said, “but we’ll have to wait for Sirius to tell us. Come on, let’s get back to the others. There’s a treacle tart with my name on it.”

Rose rolled her eyes and playfully slapped her brother’s arm as they walked back to the table.

Sirius and Ti were not back by the time they had finished lunch. To pass the time, the remaining six Gryffindors decided to have a three-on-three Quidditch game. Harry, Ginny and Rose were on one team with Harry and Ginny as chasers and Rose as keeper while the twins and Ron on the other team with the twins as chasers and Ron as the keeper.

Rose smiled inwardly. She knew the twins were a formidable team as they thought alike. She also knew that with their ability to project their thoughts to each other, Harry and Ginny could be as formidable. It would be interesting which team came out on top.

After two hours, the scores were practically tied at 80-70, in favor of the Potter team. The twins were surprised at how well their sister and Harry acted together, intercepting many of their passes. They realized that it was only Ron’s skill as a keeper that kept the score from being even more lopsided. Just as Ron barely blocked another of Ginny’s throws, they spotted Sirius and Ti coming into the Pitch.

The six friends immediately descended and landed beside them.

Harry noted with relief that both were smiling.

“So, you guys had a good talk?” Harry asked.

Sirius grinned, “Yup.” He looked down at Ti, “Go on, Ti, tell them.”

Ti smiled, “Sirius is arranging to be my guardian and, if possible, adopt me.”

“That’s great!” Harry and Rose said together. The Weasleys agreed with them.

“Yeah,” Sirius said, “the paperwork’s in. Dumbledore and James have given their support in writing to the Ministry. We should hear about a decision after the holidays.” He turned to Ti, “then we can show you your new home one weekend.”

“So, you’ll finally have someone in Grimmauld Place other than you and Remus, huh, Sirius,” Harry said, “especially since Remus is here at Hogwarts.”

“Yeah,” Sirius said, “finally gives me a reason to clean up the rest of the place. I’ve told Ti all about the ‘Noble House of Black’ and the changes I’ve made to the place so far.”

Ti smiled, “It’ll be great to live in a place without any signs of the Dark Arts. A lot of the things in Malfoy Manor just give an aura of….wrongness, you might say. It was hard growing up there. “

Sirius placed an arm around Ti’s shoulder, “Well, you won’t have to worry about those things anymore.”

Harry was glad for his friend and Sirius. He hoped they would be good for each other.

After a few minutes, they all went back to the castle for dinner. The kids didn’t linger long in the common room afterwards but soon turned in for an early night.

The nest day, Harry woke up Ti who was surprised to see several presents at the foot of his bed.

“Happy Christmas, Ti,” Harry said, smiling.

“H-h-happy Christmas, Harry,” Ti said, tears of happiness running down his cheeks.

“Come on,” Harry said, “Gather up your presents. The others are waiting in the Common Room so we can open them together.”

Ti gathered the presents from the floor in front of his bed. He was heading out the door when he suddenly stopped.

“Ti?” Harry asked, “What is it?”

“I-I, I didn’t get anyone anything,” Ti said, new tears forming in his eyes, “I don’t have much money anymore since, since I was, was disowned.”

Harry placed a hand on Ti’s shoulder, “Ti, don’t worry about it. Your being here with us is enough. The chance you could be with Sirius and maybe be like a son to him is as good a present as I could want, so don’t you worry about not having anything to give us.”

Ti nodded, touched by Harry’s words. The two boys descended the stairs down to the Common Room. The others greeted them and they all turned to their presents.

No one had any complaints about their presents, especially Ti. He had gotten a wand holster from Harry and Ron, a book on Quidditch from Ginny, Rose and Hermione, a whole bunch of Zonko products from the twins and a book on defense from Remus and Sirius. There was even the traditional Weasley jumper for Ti, in red and gold with a white T on the back.

Harry could tell from Ginny’s thoughts and feelings that she liked the gift he had gotten for her — a silver pendant in the shape of a cat with tiny green eyes. He knew she loved cats.

He also liked the gift she and Rose had given him — a practice snitch with his name engraved on it. He thanked Ginny mentally and felt happy when she smiled and thought a ‘you’re welcome’ back to him.

They then went to the Great Hall for a sumptuous breakfast.

The Potter siblings helped Ti floo over to Potter Manor after breakfast while the Weasleys went home to the Burrow for a while. As soon as Harry, Rose and their guest stepped out of the fireplace, Harry called out, “Mum! We’re here.”

In moments, Lily appeared at the doorway from the kitchen. She hugged her children then stepped in front of Ti, who was standing off to one side.

“Hello again, Ti,” she said, smiling, “Welcome to our home. Welcome to Potter Manor.” She then stepped forward and hugged him.

Ti’s cheeks went red as he awkwardly returned the embrace. “Thanks, Mrs. Potter,” he said, his voice muffled, “Thanks for having me over.”

Lily released him and smiled down at him, “It’s a pleasure, Ti,” she said, “Any friend of my kids is always welcome here. Now, I have things to do in the kitchen. Harry and Rose will show you around.”

“Come on, Ti,” Rose said, grabbing his hand, “Let’s go this way.”

Harry followed as Rose led Ti from room to room. Ti was surprised at the beauty and brightness of the Potter’s ancestral home.

“This is really nice,” Ti said, shyly, “It’s not as large as Malfoy Manor, but there’s none of that feeling of eerieness or wrongness. In fact, it feels so warm and friendly here.”

“Thanks,” Rose said, beaming at him.

After the tour of the interior of the house, they took him out back and showed him the garden and Quidditch Pitch. This delighted Ti since Malfoy Manor didn’t have its own Quidditch Pitch. Seeing his excitement, Harry lent him his old Cleansweep and the three kids chased each other around the Pitch while waiting for the other guests to arrive.

Soon, the Weasleys, Remus, Sirius and Professor Dumbledore came over to fill the Potter home with Christmas joy.

Ginny introduced Ti to her parents, who looked glad to finally meet the younger Malfoy boy.

Ti looked shyly at Mrs. Weasley, “Thank you for the sweater, Mrs. Weasley,” he said softly, a shy smile on his face, “It’s the first piece of clothing I have in Gryffindor colors that’s not a school uniform.” He was surprised when Molly pulled her into a fierce hug.

“You’re welcome, dear,” she said, when she finally released him, “It’s the least I could do after hearing what your father did. That awful man, how could he do that to his own flesh and blood.” Her eyes looked wet and Ti didn’t look far from crying himself.

Arthur put his arms around his wife, “Now, now, Molly, let’s not upset the poor lad. Come on, it’s Christmas, a time of joy and fun.” Giving an apologetic look to Ti, he led Molly toward the dining room.

Before Ti could start to feel sorry for himself again, Rose came up and tugged on his arm, “Come on now, Ti, let’s go to the Ballroom. Remus is about to play on the piano some carols. He’s really good.” Ti allowed himself to be dragged to the crowd of people around the grand piano.

As they sang, it became apparent to the others that Ti didn’t know any of the Christmas songs they were singing. Sirius and Harry took it upon themselves to teach him the songs with the help of some sheet music. Once he was comfortable with the songs, Ti turned out to have a pretty good singing voice.

After lunch, the kids moved to the family room where they introduced Ti to Muggle videogames. He was a bit apprehensive at first since he had been taught from birth to dislike, if not hate, muggle devices. But after a while, he was enjoying the game DOOM.

In the late afternoon, all the people moved to the Burrow for dinner. Ti was even more impressed with the Weasley home. He thought it was more inviting and friendly than Malfoy Manor, for which he received another smothering hug from Molly.

As usual, the meal prepared by Molly was delicious and everyone ate until they were bursting. Ti commented that he had never tasted such good food, even at Hogwarts. This comment brought tears of joy to Molly’s eyes and she wondered to her husband how such a sweet boy could have grown up as a Malfoy.

The kids flooed back to Hogwarts before midnight and quickly went to bed, ready for pleasant dreams.

Unfortunately for Harry, that’s not what he got.
Reviews 475
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear