Search:

SIYE Time:9:33 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Recollections
By thekillerpie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Sirius Black
Genres: Fluff, Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 3
Summary: This is a short story about Harry and Ginny''s life together after Hogwarts
Hitcount: Story Total: 3594







ChapterPrinter


Recollections — Set many years after Hogwarts. Harry looks back on life, and looks to the future, and what he will do in later life.

Harry sat at his desk, in the Sports Department of the Daily Prophet newspaper. He was fifty-seven. His old black unruly hair was now greying and tied back in a ponytail. His usual round glasses had gone years ago, when his daughter insisted that he get a more stylish pair. He now had a pair of rectangular Titanium frames, which he thought looked a bit stupid on him, but his daughter and two sons, and wife had thought they looked really nice.

He reflected on his life up to now. His wedding to Ginny Weasley had been the happiest day of his life. His two best friends, Ron and Hermione were married with six children, most of them grown up. He and Ginny had three children. One daughter, named Lilly Virginia Potter, and two sons, name James Daniel Potter, and Ronald Harrison Potter. His family lived in a house, around thirty miles South East of London, quite near to Little Whinging.

He remembered his wedding day, and Ron’s very witty best mans speech, which had the whole place in stitches by the end, and Hermione’s emotional little monologue, thanking Harry and Ginny for their work in ridding the world of evil.

In Harry’s sixth year, he had discovered his love for Ginny Weasley, and just after Christmas, much to Ron’s disgust, and the rest of the family’s delight, Harry and Ginny started going out. The same year, Hermione and Ron wrote a spell, inspired by the Patronus Charm to rid Voldemort from the world. Half way through his seventh year, Harry and Ginny managed to the spell to practice when Voldemort decided to attack Hogwarts. Voldemort died, but not after a long battle, which had resulted in the deaths of several of Harry’s classmates, but also Professors. Professor Snape died at the hands of Lord Voldemort, as did Hagrid. Professor Dumbledore survived the attack, but ten years later, just after Arthur Weasley’s funeral, he himself died.

Then he remembered his training sessions for the Chudley Cannon’s, and Oliver Wood’s mental training sessions. For the next four years, the Cannon’s were unbeaten in the Quidditch League, and Oliver Wood became one of the most famous Quidditch captains in the history of the game. Then there was Harry and Oliver’s promotion to the England team. Harry played professional Quidditch for fourteen years, and stopped to become a sports correspondent after he received an injury to his arm that would prevent him from being a seeker ever again in his life.

On Harry’s 40th birthday, an owl was received by Ginny from her mother, saying that Arthur Weasley had died peacefully in his sleep after suffering from a nasty bout of the Flu. This had been a sad day for everyone related to the Weasley’s, and all of their friends. The funeral had been mainly paid for by Harry, and had taken place in a Muggle church, in memory of Arthur’s fondness for muggles. The church that was chosen was in the town that Harry and Ginny now lived, and was called St Andrews Church. Arthur’s grave was at the bottom of a small hill leading down from the church, and the headstone was written in a typical muggle fashion, and as a lasting tribute, an engraving of a Ford Anglia in the top right corner of the head stone.
Mrs Weasley was still living, but had given the Burrow over to Ron and Hermione, and their six children. Mrs Weasley now lived in a comfortable flat in Diagon Alley, where she wrote a weekly column for Witch Weekly and knitted jumpers and socks for the small clothes shop below her flat.

Harry was sitting at his desk. He was supposed to be writing up the game between the Cannons and Puddlemere United, which the Cannons won. Oliver Wood, although in his early sixties, was still running the training sessions as mentally and obsessively as ever. He seemed to have limitless energy Harry mused.

An hour later, he had finished the article, headed Chudley Cannon’s winning streak still going strong. Harry handed the article to his editor, and then prepared to leave. He walked down to the apparition point in the ministry and sighed. Friday. Lilly and James were coming home from their jobs to have dinner tomorrow. Ron was still in his seventh year of Hogwarts, under the control of Professor McGonagall. Harry pulled out his wand and apparated to the small park in his town. He walked by the river, and then up the small hill, over a main road, and across a railway line, up the road towards his home. He never apparated straight home, he liked to walk through the town and watch the muggle rush hour, all the cars driving around the streets, and trains rolling down the tracks, the busses carrying people to and fro.

He turned down the his road, and walked down the small drive into his house. He opened the door, and was greeted by his wife, Ginny.
“Hello, dear” she said, kissing his cheek “How was your day?”
“It was ok. Puddlemere/Cannon’s article had to be in today.”
“Do you want a drink?”
“Yea, a G&T” he said. He didn’t normally go for muggle drinks, but today, after reflecting on his life so far, he felt like a G&T, as a tribute to Arthur. He sat down in his arm chair, and picked up the Farnham Herald, the local newspaper that was shoved through his door every week. He was surprised to see a photo of a flying motorcycle on the skyline under the headline Flying motorcycle spotted over Farnham Park. Harry grinned.
“Have you seen this, Gin?”
“Yes” she gave Harry his drink and laughed. “Sirius popped in earlier this week. He said he was having fun with his motorbike. He is an idiot though. Do you remember he got six months in a Ministry cell for doing that stunt by making a muggle aeroplane almost crash by scaring the pilots by flying his broom alongside it”
“Yeah….hehe. He wanted my help for that. I just lent him my Firebolt”
“Well they confiscated it didn’t they.”
“Well, how was your day today, love?”
“Oh it was alright. Did a bit of gardening, had coffee with Hermione, who sends her love, then went and did a bit of shopping in town. I have got your favourite thing for dinner tonight”
“Ohhhhh, steak?”
“No!! Your other favourite. That muggle thing I keep forgetting the name of”
“You mean curry, Gin”
“Yea, that” After that, Ginny came and sat down next to her husband. The Potter family lived basically as muggles, because they didn’t want people in the magical world to find where they lived. The only people who knew where the Potter’s lived were the rest of the family, and close friends. To everyone else, it was ‘in a muggle populated area’. Harry, being the boy who lived, and the star Seeker of the Cannons, and Ginny and Harry being the people who defeated Voldemort, were not to happy about having public attention.

An owl came in through the window at that moment. It was Hewlett, Lilly’s owl. She dropped a letter into Harry’s lap. He opened it.

Dear Mum and Dad

Hope you are well. I am very sorry, but I will not be able to come to the family get together this weekend. Work is taking me out of the country for a week. Don’t worry, everything is fine, it’s just that the Malfoy’s have fled the country for some reason. Uncle Ron and I are being sent on to find them.
Dad, please don’t over react, there’s nothing wrong, and mum, don’t panic, I’ll be back before the week is out.
Sorry again
Love,

Lilly


Lilly worked as an Auror, with Ron, and they were both assigned to keep tabs on the Malfoy’s who had been known for causing problems. Lucius had long since died, but it was Draco, and his foul son Lucius Jr. that were causing the problems.
“It’s Lilly. She can’t come. The Malfoy’s have left England.”
“Oh that’s a shame. Well, I hope James and Ron come.”
“Yes, you know, Gin, I was thinking we should pay your mother a visit. I realised something today. Life’s too short to waste.”
“What made you think that?”
“Well, I was thinking about your dad, and all those people who died early on. Lives for living, not being stuck in a depression.”
“You’re the one who closed up for almost ten years, keeping yourself in a shell”
“Well I know, but I was thinking that we should value the older generations. They haven’t got much time left. And our lives. When was the last time we went on a holiday that wasn’t to Ottery St Catchpole?”
“It must at least fifteen years. We haven’t been out of the country since dad died.”
“This is what I am saying. We should see the world, before it’s too late, before something happens again, before there’s another Dark wizard at power.”
“Well why didn’t you say something before?”
“I don’t know”
“Come on, Harry. Lets have some dinner. I’m sure that when you retire from the Prophet we’ll have plenty of time to see the world. Besides, you haven’t really had time”
“I know, with this Famous Harry Potter thing, it’s difficult to go anywhere, I haven’t even been out into Diagon Alley for all most a year”
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear