Search:

SIYE Time:18:35 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The End, And New Beginnings
By WaterLily

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 0
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

Harry has been trained by Dumbledore and several members of the Order to finally destroy Voldemort. This is a short story about before, during and after the battle
Hitcount: Story Total: 2661







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: If I were JKR, then I would have hordes of fans bowing outside my window. *Checks outside window*. Hmmm. No fans. But I do see a lovely patch of grass in the garden. Guess I’m not JKR. I’ll have to compensate for this disappointment by writing more fanfiction.

[A/N: After OotP, Harry’s powers increase substantially and he is trained rigorously. This takes place in sixth year and Harry and Ginny are really good friends, not taking anything further than just skirting around their true feelings. Just to make things clear. Oh, Harry's name is now Harrison, not Harold. Just wanted to be different.]

Behind Enemy Lines

It was pitch black from where he stood. There was no moon; the stars were deep behind the thick curtain of thunderclouds. There was no movement to indicate life around him. Yet he knew that the huge Manor was there. No light came from within its depths, proving to him that his assumption was right. Yet he knew that his quarry was there. Waiting for him.

He blended into the shadows as he crept through the bushed to the secret entrance. His mud-streaked face, dark attire and hair camouflaged him well into his surroundings, leaving only his bright, emerald green eyes flashing calmly, focused at his mission. He crept slowly around the menacing cold stone of the house, wand at the ready, eyes sweeping the grounds with adept Seeker instinct for any sign of movement or threat.

Few would say that he was prepared for this mission. After all, what could a boy in the middle of his sixth year do to take down the most evil Dark Lord in history? But Dumbledore believed in him. Dumbledore had trained him mercilessly for this moment. Harry couldn’t let him down now.

All summer, and for the better part of this school year, his sixth, Harry had had private lessons with Dumbledore, practising Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Advanced Curses and countless other skills. He had only pronounced him ready, when Harry had beaten him repeatedly in various duels: mental, physical and emotional.

Harry and Dumbledore had drawn up a plan of action. Get in, duel, and get out. No lingering, no acts of revenge, no mind games. It had to be quick and simple. He had even got a new wand made especially for him so that they didn’t have a recurrence of Priori Incantatem.

He had been told on good authority that the unused entrance was directly to the left of the servants’ entrance at the back of Malfoy Manor.

He was at the back. There was no entrance. He grunted in frustration and cast a temporary silencing spell around him.

He rubbed the sleeve of his turtleneck and whispered furiously into the Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes Fellytone hidden inside it. It was really a mini radio for communication but the name had simply stuck.

“Ron! Where the hell is that trapdoor?”

“I don’t know about any trapdoor, Harry.”

“What do mean, you don’t know?! You drew the plans, Mr. Strategy!”

"Well, Harry, you could try not to be so touchy!"

“Well, I am sorry to be so touchy, but you seem to be forgetting a little fact, here. I am in the middle of flipping nowhere, trying to get into a mansion belonging to a very dark wizard, and I am going to duel with freaking Voldemort. I think I have a right to be touchy. Especially when the damn trapdoor isn’t there!
Harry fumed silently as he finished his whispered tirade. He just wanted to finish this and have a life. He was sick of his stupid existence at the moment. Everyone expected too much from him.

A new voice came on the line, comforting and familiar.

“Harry. Calm down. You’ll be fine. Don’t underestimate yourself. We believe in you.”

“How do you know that, Ginny, huh? How? I could just be the downfall of ev-”

Don’t you dare talk like that! Harrison James Potter, you will come out of there unhurt and alive, otherwise I will personally kill you again myself. You hear me!

Peeved, he apologised, hearing snickers on the other end. He smiled ruefully; Ginny was the only one, apart from Mrs Weasley, who could really keep him in line.

“Right, Harry, don’t talk now, listen. The trapdoor is there. Look in your back pocket and you’ll find a Wheezes’ Secrecy Beam. Point that at the ground and look for a pile of nettles in the shape of a five-pointed star. The door is under it. Go carefully. And for Merlin’s sake, use your gloves. The last thing you want is an itchy wand hand.”

“Thanks, Gin. You’re wonderful.”

“I know…you learn pretty fast; it took all my brothers about ten years before they learnt to pay me compliments.”

Her light tone made him grin. She really was a different girl from the Ginny he had first met. She was bright, funny, and charismatic. Not the shy, and embarrassed little girl that he used to know.

“Harry, just do something for me, I need to talk to you.”

“What! You can do that?!”

“Yes. I can and I will. On your watch, push aside the timer and turn the knob that comes up all the way to the right.”

He complied and spoke back, after recasting the charms around him.

“OK. Done.”

A small pop sounded and he had trained his wand on the girl in front of him as soon as one could say “Boo!”

“Relax, Harry! I told you I was coming.”

He lowered his wand and turned the knob back to how it was. It was clearly an Apparition Controller and he didn’t want anyone else to come, too. They were testing the sound barriers already.

“What did you want to tell me?”

Harry was now very aware of the closeness of their bodies. As she had Apparated in clumsily, he had first pointed his wand and then, when he realised who it was, he had pulled her up and hugged her, his arms resting lightly on her waist.

“Just good luck, really. But I wanted to tell you that everyone loves you, Harry. You might not feel it all the time, but we do. All of us do. Mum, Dad, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Remus, Dumbledore, and Hagrid…I could go on. Your parents loved you; Sirius loved you, and hell! I bet even Snape loved you!”

He laughed at her vehemence. She was a right spitfire at times but that was what he loved about her. He leant down to her ears and for the first time, voiced his feeling he had had since that summer.

“Ginny. Only one thing really matters to me. Do you love me?”

She looked up sharply, brows furrowed.

“Do you mean that?”

“What? That I love you? Yes. I mean it.”

She threw her arms around his neck and drew him in for their first kiss, pressing her lips hard against his.

Harry felt the oddly clichéd fireworks actually go off in his head. He had never dreamt that it would turn out like this. But, strangely, it was everything he dreamed of. The girl in his arms.

As they broke apart, gasping, Ginny smiled and croaked, “I do love you, Harry Potter.”

He smirked down at her. She was great to tease.

“I should hope so! That was the best…well…only real kiss I’ve ever had!”

She smacked his chest gently and smiled sweetly.

“Just remember all the people who love you. Including me. Be careful. And come back in one piece.”

“Is that why you came? Just to tell me that?” He mock pouted, not worried about his fate any longer. Ginny Weasley loved him!

“Well, you’re going behind enemy lines, now. Might as well give you a send off!”

[A/N: Did you like it? It was based on the title of a book a saw when I was browsing the Library. It’s going to be pretty short — I’m estimating about three chapters. The change from Angst to Fluff/Humour may be too fast but it just seemed, to me, to fit. Review if you liked/disliked it. Review if you have any other comments to make. Please review. They actually do mean a lot to me and other writers can relate…Thanks!]
Reviews 0
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear