Search:

SIYE Time:20:25 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Wish Upon A Star
By lucky_black_cat

- Text Size +

Category: Angst Valentine Challenge (2006-1)
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff, Humor, Drama, General
Warnings: Violence, Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 12
Summary: (Sequel to "I Should Have Known". Recommended that you read that one first.) Ginny, Hermione and Parvati put on a little act to get revenge on the boys for forgetting Valentine's Day - but it turns out to hurt them as much as it hurts the boys. Can they make it up to them? Can the boys prepare them a Hogsmeade weekend the girls won't forget?
Hitcount: Story Total: 3786







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: I only own Kevin and Professor Bishop. The rest belong to that lucky woman with the blond hair.







WISH UPON A STAR
by lucky_black_cat




“C’mon, Parvati, I told you I’m sorry!” said Dean, desperate.

“I don’t care, Dean! You didn’t even have a clue! You ignored me!” said Parvati, with tears in her eyes.

“Oh, don’t say that. Of course I didn’t ignore you!”

“Yes you did! Maybe you think you didn’t because you’ve never been ignored — well, that might be just about to change!” said Parvati, and went towards the Portrait hole.

“Parvati…” Dean called after her.

“I’ll have breakfast with Ginny and Hermione today, Dean,” she said, and went out.

Dean sighed and dropped himself on the couch by the fire, where Harry and Ron were chatting, although it was clear that their hearts weren’t in it. Eventually, one of them would ask a question, and the other would nod, shake his head or make a non-committal noise. In the rare occasions when they spoke actual words, those were monosyllables. They looked quite crestfallen.

“Hey,” greeted Dean rather tiredly. “How’s that going?”

Ron looked at him with raised eyebrows. “What do you think?” he muttered grumpily.

“Parvati isn’t talking to me,” said Dean. “I wish I hadn’t forgotten about Valentine’s Day — it really meant a lot to her, and I didn’t realise…” he sighed and rubbed his temples, trying to calm down.

“Yeah…” said Harry. “Ginny isn’t talking to me either… she’s really angry. She hasn’t spoken to me since Tuesday — and it’s Thursday already.”

“What are we going to do?” asked Ron miserably.

“Dunno, mate,” said Dean, staring into the fire. “But it better be good, or they won’t speak to us again.”

“We’re such gits,” said Ron.

All three of them sighed at the same time.






Parvati went out of the Common Room, red with anger. She spotted Ginny and Hermione talking in hushed voices a bit ahead of her, looking at her, and she sped up her pace to join them.

“So?” asked Ginny, giggling.

“He bought it,” said Parvati, trying to repress her own nagging smile. “He really thinks I’m angry.”

All three of them broke into a fit of giggles.

“This is going to be fun,” said Ginny, smiling evilly.

“Ah, how sweet is revenge…” said Parvati, rubbing her hands together.

“I kind of feel bad for them,” said Hermione.

“Don’t,” said Ginny. “Besides, it won’t last forever — just today without speaking to them. See if they come begging us to forgive them.”

“We’re such geniuses,” said Parvati, grinning.






Ginny went out of the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom in a bad mood.

’Ten points from Gryffindor, Weasley’” she said disrespectfully, imitating Professor Bishop. “A bad Valentine’s Day is no excuse to ignore your homework. You will do two rolls of parchment instead of one, and I want no protests — or it’ll be twenty points and detention.’ Git” she said, rolling her eyes.

She was so immerse in her loathing Bishop that she didn’t notice a thing around her — until she walked into someone.

“Oh, sorry,” she said quickly, bending down to pick up the books she had dropped. She heard the other person bend to pick their books as well, but she didn’t look at them. Until she noticed a book that said ‘Transfiguration for beginners, level 1” and underneath the words “This book is property of Kevin Lowe.”

She looked up to see the exact same first year midget that had interrupted Harry and her at breakfast, the same who had stolen her spot at dinner. Her eyes narrowed — just what she needed, that annoying kid again.

“It’s okay, Ginny,” said the kid.

“How do you know my name?” asked Ginny.

“Harry spoke about you to me,” said Kevin.

“When was that?” asked Ginny.

“Oh, on Tuesday of course,” said Kevin. “We had a nice and long chat.”

Ginny felt her blood boil. Why did the kid get to talk to her boyfriend on Valentine’s Day, when she hadn’t had a proper conversation with him in the whole day?

“Yippee,” said Ginny sarcastically, and left in an even worse mood.

She spotted Parvati and Hermione in the Great Hall and sat with them.

“Hey Ginny — what’s up?” said Parvati as she sat down.

“Bishop is a git,” answered Ginny. “He took ten points from Gryffindor! And I’ve got to do that essay, but longer than it originally had to be.” Then Ginny saw Bishop looking at her from the Teachers’ Table, smirking, and she could have sworn he knew what she was talking about. “Oh, yes, yes, that’s it, rub it in my face, you stinking son of a —”

“Ginny!” said Hermione, scandalized. “He’s a teacher! You shouldn’t talk about him like that!”

Ginny frowned and grunted something incoherent. Then, when both Bishop and Hermione weren’t looking, she lifted her fist and threatened Bishop. But she quickly ran her fingers through her hair as soon as Hermione turned around. Parvati giggled.

“Look who just came in,” she said.

Harry, Ron and Dean had just entered the Great Hall, looking fairly disgruntled and depressed. Ginny felt her anger leaving her. She hated seeing Harry sad — and she loathed herself because she knew she was the cause. Looking at Hermione and Parvati, she saw similar expressions on their faces.

Harry threw himself on a bench, followed by Ron and Dean, and then he looked at Ginny and waved at her shyly. Ginny waved back, sad. She then saw Dean looking at Parvati longingly, and Ron staring at Hermione and sighing.

“Girls…” said Ginny.

“Yeah?” said Parvati, her eyes never leaving Dean.

“Shouldn’t we go and talk to them?”

Hermione looked at her. “I thought we weren’t supposed to speak to them…”

“But Ginny’s right… look at them, Hermione,” said Parvati.

Hermione sighed. “You’re right. We should give them a chance to explain.”

Ginny took her school bag and pulled out three pieces of parchment, quills and ink.

“Let’s write them a note,” she said. “Let’s ask to meet them somewhere to talk about this.”

Therefore, they did that, and kept the notes inside their pockets all through lunch. When they got up to go to their afternoon classes, they threw the boys the messages and left.

“What’s that?” asked Ron, frowning in confusion.

“Did they write us notes?” said Dean picking the crumpled bit of parchment Parvati had thrown him.

“Let’s read them,” said Harry, and opened his.

Harry, meet me at the Room of Requirements, tonight at 7.30. —Ginny






“Potter, watch what you’re doing!” barked Professor McGonagall, making Harry start. She had kept her old post of Transfiguration teacher plus her Headmistress duties, and the tension had, if anything, made her more irritable and stern.

“Sorry, Professor,” said Harry, coming back to earth. His mind had been far away from his body, wondering why Ginny wanted to meet with him all of a sudden, after a whole two days of not speaking to him. The result of his daydreaming was that, instead of turning Ron’s skin pink (which was what he was supposed to be doing) he had turned him into a pig.

“You’re doing it wrong! Give him back his human form and try again, will you?” said Professor McGonagall, her lips pursed.

“Yes, Professor,” said Harry, and waved his wand at Ron-the-pig. However, nothing happened — except that Ron the pig got a desperate look on his undoubtedly pink face.

“No, no, give it a sharp stab, don’t move your wand like that!” said Professor McGonagall, walking over to them to help Harry. Everyone was watching. Ron the pig looked at where Hermione was practising on a very pink Parvati, and he thought he saw an anxious look in her face as she looked at him — but then she looked away and turned to Parvati.

Ten minutes afterwards, Dean, Harry and Ron (who had been turned back to his human form by Professor McGonagall) were walking towards the Great Hall for dinner.

As they were chatting, they heard the voices of two girls greeting a third, just behind them.

“Ginny!” said Parvati’s voice. “How are you?”

“Starved!” she answered. “How was Transfiguration?”

“Quite nice, I thought today’s lesson was interesting!” said Hermione excitedly.

“What happened?” asked Ginny curiously.

“Oh well, this and that,” said Parvati nonchalantly. “And then Harry turned your brother into a pig — accidentally, I guess,” she added, giggling.

Ginny laughed. “No way!” she said.

“He did,” said Hermione. “Professor McGonagall had to put him right again.”

By now, all three guys had stopped walking and were looking at the girls with sad and longing expressions on their faces. As they passed by, the three girls looked at them and Ginny waved, but they didn’t speak. All three boys sighed.

“Is it me,” said Dean, “or are they having a good time?”

“They are,” said Ron, “and we’re here, commiserating. How pathetic.”

The three of them sighed.






As soon as Ginny, Hermione and Parvati were a good 50 feet away from the boys, they all left aside their giggles and smiles and sighed.

“You do realise we’re being cruel, don’t you?” said Ginny sadly. “Pretending like this just to get revenge — it’s almost Slytherin-like.”

“I know,” said Parvati, shaking her head. “I kind of feel bad, but the other half of me wants them to apologize — and they wouldn’t do that if we let show that we’re as miserable as they are!”

The three girls sighed.

“You know what,” said Hermione. “Let’s skip dinner — I have some food upstairs.”

“Sounds all right to me,” said Parvati. “I don’t think I could stand this lie all through dinner — what torture.”

So they went back to Gryffindor Tower and up to the 7th year girls’ dorm. Parvati was leading the group, and she gasped and stopped dead in her tracks as she opened the door, causing Ginny and Hermione to walk into her.

“What’re you stopping for?” asked Ginny irritably.

But Parvati didn’t answer. She was covering her mouth with her hand, and was oblivious to her surroundings.

“Oh my god,” she whispered. “Oh my God…”

“Parvati, what the- ”

But the Ginny spotted it. On Parvati’s bed was a bunch of roses and a card. She gasped. Recovering from the surprise, Parvati ran towards the flowers and opened the card, and started crying.

“What does it say?” asked Hermione curiously. Parvati handed it to her while muttering “Sweet!” Hermione opened it and Ginny read it over her shoulder.

My dearest Parvati,

I don’t how I forgot about Valentine’s Day. I so wish I hadn’t…but maybe I did because, lately, you’re all that’s on my mind, so there was no space left to remember about Valentine’s.

I’m sorry

Yours,

Dean
xxx


“It’s so beautiful,” muttered Hermione, looking at Parvati.

“I know…” she said, caressing the roses. “How can I have been so cruel to him?”

“We all have been horrible,” said Ginny. “But I’m going to apologize to Harry tonight, he loves me and I’m sure he didn’t forget on purpose. God, we’ve all been bitches haven’t we?”

Hermione didn’t even bother to tell her off for using such a word. Instead, both she and Parvati nodded.

“We could go down to the Great Hall — we may be able to catch them before they leave,” suggested Hermione.

“Or,” said Parvati with a smile, “we could get ready until we look so good that they’ll be poking themselves to check they’re not dreaming.” She giggled.

Ginny smiled mischievously. “You’re on,” she said, and headed for her trunk.






“Hermione, I’m not sure this was a good idea,” said Ginny, anxious. It was a quarter past seven and she and Hermione were going to meet their respective boyfriends. They had spent a lot of time getting ready, and Hermione decided that it was better to Disillusion themselves so they could surprise Harry and Ron.

“You thought it was great when I suggested it!” answered Hermione. “What’s changed?”

“What if you can’t lift the spell? What if we stay invisible forever, condemned to wander the halls of the school with our transparent bodies, and spend the rest of our lives looking for a saviour to return us to our normal state?” said Ginny very quickly, starting to panic.

Hermione rolled her eyes. “That won’t happen,” she said. “I know how to do it, Ginny, so calm down. I’ll lift the charm when you’re in front of the Room of Requirements, and then I’ll lift my own when I’ve arrived at the Head Girl’s quarters.”

Ginny nodded, trying to stop thinking about the undeniable fact that, if Hermione couldn’t lift the spell, it wouldn’t matter how pretty she looked, because Harry wouldn’t see her. She’d be an outcast, an invisible girl; maybe she would even have to live with Moaning Myrtle… Ginny shivered at the thought.

“Okay, here you are,” said Hermione. Ginny was surprised to find that, while she had been deep in thought, her feet had carried her just where the door of the Room of Requirements appeared. The wall should be blank, but the door was already there. Ginny wondered whether Harry was there already.

Hermione tapped Ginny’s head with her wand once, and Ginny felt joy surge through her when she realised that her visible days weren’t over just yet.

“Thanks, Hermione!” she said, grinning. “And good luck!”

“Same to you,” answered Hermione, smiling. “I guess I’ll see you and Parvati later. By the way, where’s Parvati?”

“Uh… well, she and Dean might have fixed things, or they might just be testing the conditions inside the second-floor closet,” said Ginny, the corners of her lips twitching upwards.

“More than I needed to know, I think,” said Hermione. “Bye, Ginny.”

“Bye,” said Ginny, and turned to look at the door as she heard Hermione’s footsteps getting away.

“Here we go,” Ginny said to herself, and pushed the door open just enough to see what was inside. She gasped.

It was a nice, cosy room, with a big, warm fire in front of a very comfortable-looking couch. There was a red carpet on the floor and a strong flowery scent. Harry was sitting on the couch, staring into the flames as they danced sinuously. He appeared lost in thought, nervous, and there was a bunch of lilies resting on his lap. Ginny smiled — he looked so adorable when he was like this, alone and oblivious to the world revolving around him.

“Goodnight,” she said, going in and smiling.

Harry started at the sound of the door closing, but relaxed a bit when he saw her.

“Goodnight, Gin,” he said. “You look…” but he didn’t say, he just sat there staring at her.

“Yes?” Ginny asked with a smile.

“Absolutely beautiful,” he said, smiling. “Well, no — that’s an understatement. You’re like a dream.”

Ginny went to sit on the couch next to him, while angry with herself. How could she have treated Harry so wrong, when he was the best thing that had happened to her? She just hoped he would forgive her for what she’d done.

“I could very well say the same about you,” said Ginny. “But sometimes, words are not enough.”

He smiled. “Maybe, but I’m still glad we’re on speaking terms again.”

Ginny grinned and looked at her hands, trying to decide where to start her apology.

“Oh, by the way,” she heard Harry say. She looked up and found him handing her the lilies.

“For me? Oh, Harry, they’re so beautiful! How did you know lilies are my favourite flower?” she said, taking them and closing her eyes to let their scent invade her. She smiled.

“I didn’t know — it was some kind of illumination, you know. I was trying to decide which flower, and lilies just seemed perfect for you,” he answered, grinning. Then he looked nervous once more and added, “This is also my way of saying sorry, apologising — ”

Ginny raised a hand to stop him speaking. “No, no, it’s me who should apologize.”

“But it was me who forgot, not you!” said Harry, clearly confused.

“Yes, I know. But please, let me speak, okay?” Harry, who had been about to interrupt her, closed his mouth and nodded. “Thanks,” added Ginny, and took a deep breath before continuing. “I know you forgot — and I know you didn’t do it on purpose, because you have a lot on your mind — but after the horrible day I’d had, that was the final straw. I had decided not to speak to you, but then I saw how miserable you were, and I couldn’t stand it anymore. That’s why I sent you the note to meet you here tonight. I hated myself for making you sad because you always make me happy — and it was a poor repayment I was giving you. So I want to say I’m sorry for everything, sorry for making your life a hell these last two days — you don’t deserve it. I just hope you’ll be able to forgive me…” Ginny trailed off, looking at her hands again.

“Ginny,” muttered Harry, smiling.

“I know you’re angry, I shouldn’t…”

“No, no, Ginny, look at me.”

Ginny raised her head to look at him, and then Harry leaned in and kissed her.

“You… you’re not mad?” she said after they broke apart, her eyes wide as saucers with surprise. Harry smiled.

“How could I be mad at you? You’re the best thing I have. I think you already have an idea of what I’d be without you — miserable,” he said, feeling extremely happy that everything was going to go as well as it had before that fateful Tuesday.

Ginny grinned. “Oh, sweet,” she teased, giggling. “You flatter me.”

He grinned. “Yes, I know — but we should leave, it’s almost curfew! If Filch catches us out of bed after hours, he’ll have our heads,” he said, getting up and holding out his hand. Ginny took the lilies in one hand and Harry’s hand in the other, and they headed for the door, never letting go.

They didn’t speak very much as they went back to the Common Room. Each was lost in their own thoughts, identical goofy grins plastered on their faces.

“When I get to the dorm,” said Harry, breaking the silence, “the first thing I’m going to do is tell Ron and Dean that we’ve worked things out.”

Ginny giggled as she remembered something that she had walked in on earlier.

“What?” asked Harry, smiling.

“Oh well, Harry, you see, I’m not so sure Dean is going to be there,” she said, giggling.

Harry cocked an eyebrow, amused. “Really? Why’s that?”

Ginny’s eyes sparkled mischievously and she said as nonchalantly as she could, “Oh well, I’d say he and Parvati are busy doing a thorough exploration of the second-floor closet.”

Harry laughed. “Well, let’s hope it’s still in good conditions,” he joked. “You know humidity really makes furniture look ugly sometimes.”

They laughed and then fell into a companionable silence.

“By the way,” said Harry, as they reached the Fat Lady’s frame, “will you come to Hogsmeade with me this Saturday?”

“Oh, I don’t know. Give me a reason why I should, and I just might,” said Ginny, smiling.

“Oh well, I thought we could…” began Harry, but the Fat Lady cleared her throat rather noisily.

“Well, are you going to give me the password or do I have to stay awake all night waiting for you to stop flirting with each other?” she said, annoyed.

Ginny giggled. “Surprises,” she said to the Fat Lady, trying to keep a straight face.

“Right,” she said, letting them into the Common Room. They crossed the hole completely serious, but when they looked at each other, they couldn’t help but start laughing.






Ginny was walking up the aisle between the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor tables. As she crossed the Hall, boys in all houses turned their heads to look at her. Their jaws dropped, and their spoons failed to find their mouths. They couldn’t tear their gazes away from Ginny — her chocolate brown eyes; her vibrant red hair, which looked like fire when the sunlight from outside caressed it; her pale skin, soft like silk… They were charmed by her, and there was nothing on their minds — except Ginny.

She smiled at them, and some fell off their benches or fainted. People from all houses were circling her, giving her flowers, asking her out, declaring undying love for her…

“Ginny,” said a voice far away, but Ginny ignored it and centred her attention on her fan club.

“Ginny!” the voice said again, but Ginny waved her hand like swatting away a particularly annoying fly. More boys praised her — her gracefulness, her beauty…

“GINNY!” the voice shouted angrily. “WAKE UP!”

Her fans were fading away… dissolving into mist… and that one with the dark hair, he was cute…

“Ginny, wake up now or I’ll do something drastic!”

Ginny opened her eyes lazily. Hermione Granger was shaking her awake, while the first rays of sunlight came in through the window.

“What the hell do you want, Hermione?” she said rather sleepily.

“Ginny, I thought you’d never wake up! I’ve been here for almost half an hour already!” said Hermione, rolling her eyes.

“It’s a Saturday, for Merlin’s sake!” said Ginny angrily. “Why can’t I get up late?”

“Because,” said Hermione in a tone that stated clearly that she thought this was as elemental as the fact that one and one make two, “today you’re going to Hogsmeade with Harry, remember? You need to get ready!”

Ginny checked her watch. “There’s still two and a half hours left till that — that’s more than enough time! Really, Hermione — being friends with Parvati has changed you a lot.”

“Someone called me?” said Parvati, opening the door. She was carrying a big, pink bag full of what Ginny suspected was make-up and girly stuff.

“I don’t want to start getting dressed just yet,” said Ginny, sitting up in her bed. “Why don’t you tell me what happened on Thursday evening?”

Parvati smiled mischievously. “Well…”

“Oh, no, we already know that — don’t give us the details,” said Hermione, putting up a hand to stop Parvati, who giggled.

“Oh, but it was so —” she began.

“No, really, I don’t want to know,” said Hermione, smiling. “Keep it.”

“Ok, then you go — what happened with you and Ron?” said Parvati, grinning. Hermione blushed.

“Well, we er… we talked…”

Parvati and Ginny both coughed at the same time, though it sounded more like “yeah, right.”

“Ron apologized for forgetting Valentine’s Day,” said Hermione, ignoring the other two. “And we worked everything out. So I’m going to meet him today as well.”

“Do you know where you’re going to go?” asked Parvati.

“No, but I’m positive it won’t be Madam Puddifoot’s…”

“Oh, but why? It’s a great place to ‘talk’, you know,” teased Ginny, trying to keep a straight face. Parvati, meanwhile, was laughing her head off.

“Ginny’s got a point, you know,” she said, when she had calmed down enough to speak.

“Oh, shut up you two,” said Hermione, throwing a cushion at them, though the corners of her lips were twitching upwards.

Parvati took the cushion and made to throw it back to Hermione, but then she stopped and said, “What’s that?”

She was looking at Ginny’s bedside table, where the lilies were inside a vase. Hermione turned to look, too.

“Oh, that,” said Ginny smiling. “Harry gave them to me on Thursday.”

Parvati squealed. “Oh, how cute! He gave you flowers!”

“Dean gave you flowers too!” said Ginny, giggling.

However, Parvati ignored her. She just sighed and smiled.

“Parvati,” said Hermione, after allowing her a thirty-second long reverie.

“Huh?” said Parvati, turning around to see her.

“Are we going to get ready or not?”

Parvati nodded and became serious again. “Of course we are! Every boy in the Great Hall is going to start drooling when they see us.”

“And then they’ll look at us, their eyes popping out, their jaws will drop, and they won’t think of anything else but us… and then they’ll give us flowers and ask us out…” said Ginny, staring into space.

Parvati and Hermione raised their eyebrows. Hermione waved a hand in front of Ginny’s face, who started.

“Ginny, what are you on about?” asked Parvati.

“Nevermind,” said Ginny, smiling to herself and heading for her trunk. Hermione and Parvati looked at each other, confused, but then they shrugged and decided not to think anymore about it.






Harry and Ron were waiting at the foot of the stairs that led down into the Great Hall. Both were smiling, just looking around and not speaking to each other. From time to time, Ron would start humming happily, earning himself a reproachful glance from Filch the caretaker, who was checking the third years’ permission to go into Hogsmeade.

“Good morning,” said two voices behind Harry’s back. He turned around to see Ginny and Hermione standing there, smiling at them.

“Morning,” answered Harry. “Hey, Ron!” he called. Ron looked at him and grinned when he saw Hermione. He walked up to them, his hands in his pockets and smiling broadly.

“Hey Hermione,” he greeted.

“Hello to you too, Ron,” said Ginny, raising her eyebrows. However, Ron did not appear to have heard her; he and Hermione were staring at each other, oblivious to their surroundings.

Harry laughed, “Let’s leave them to it, shall we?” he whispered to Ginny, taking her hand and leading her out through the front doors.

Ginny giggled. “How many hours do you reckon will pass until they realise the world is still revolving around them?” she asked. Harry grinned.

“Give it an hour or two,” he said.

“So, where are you taking me?” asked Ginny, smiling.

“Ah, well, if I told you, I would spoil it,” he said, grinning.

“Oh, come on!” said Ginny. “I want to know!”

“You will know,” he said, “just not yet.”

“You’re evil,” said Ginny, pretending to be angry, but failing miserably, because a smile was tugging at her lips.

“Yes, I know,” he said, nodding.

Ginny looked back, trying to spot her brother and best friend among the crowd but she couldn’t find them.

“They’re still inside,” she said, giggling.

“I told you to give them a couple of hours. Not even twenty minutes have passed!” said Harry, grinning.

They walked past Hagrid’s hut. Hagrid was outside, and he waved at them as they passed. Ginny waved back, and Harry smiled at Hagrid. When Ginny had stopped looking at him, however, Hagrid winked at Harry, his eyes sparkling.

Harry and Ginny walked chatting animatedly, perfectly at ease with each other. They were so comfortable that they didn’t realise where they were heading, and when they arrived at Hogsmeade, it seemed like they had been at Hogwarts just a couple of minutes ago.

“Harry! Ginny!” called a voice near them.

They turned around to see Luna Lovegood, running towards them with a big smile on her face.

“Hi, Luna,” they greeted her.

“How are you?” she asked, walking on with them.

“Great, thanks,” said Ginny, grinning. “Did you come here on your own?”

“Oh no, I’m going to meet Ernie in half an hour in the Three Broomsticks,” she said, smiling. “Do you want to come in with me?”

Ginny did not know what to say, but thankfully, Harry answered for her.

“Actually, there’s something I need to pick up — why don’t you and Ginny go in first, Luna?” he said, smiling. Ginny looked at him, wondering whatever he had to pick up.

“Sure! We’ll wait for you!” said Luna happily, and linked her arm with Ginny’s as she led her into the pub. Ginny watched Harry walk up the High Street and disappear from sight.

“So, what’s up?” asked Luna, as she and Ginny went to get the drinks. “Had a good day so far?”

“Yep,” answered Ginny, smiling. Then she looked at Luna and laughed.

“What is it?” asked Luna, grinning.

“It’s just — well, I never thought I’d see you on a Valentine’s date. I thought you were of the opinion that Valentine’s Day is just an invention of the stores to make money and trick us into buying lots of stuff,” said Ginny, smiling and shaking her head.

“It is!” said Luna, her eyes wide as saucers, and she nodded. “But this is not a Valentine’s date, Ginny — it is a Hogsmeade weekend with special circumstances!”

Ginny laughed. “Okay, okay.” She looked and Luna and grinned. “You know, you’re great, Luna.”

Luna beamed at her. “I like having you as a friend, Ginny,” she said.

After ordering the drinks, they chatted a bit about everything, and had a normal conversation — or as normal as a conversation with Luna could be. Actually, Ginny enjoyed her randomness — it was amusing.

“Ernie should be here any moment…” said Luna, looking out of the pub. Ginny looked too, and saw Harry walking down the street, towards the Three Broomsticks. However, he didn’t get to enter before a girl with dark hair and prominent chin stopped him. Ginny grunted.

“Her name’s Romilda Vane, isn’t it?” asked Luna, looking at her. “Wasn’t she the one who tried to slip Harry a love potion last year?”

“I think so,” said Ginny gritting her teeth. Harry looked like he’d much rather be anywhere than with her, but he was trying not to be rude. Romilda was laughing openly and then she swatted him on the arm playfully. She was obviously flirting with him.

“Get your hands off him,” muttered Ginny, her temper rising. “Get away, you bi-”

“Oh, honestly, how fake,” said Luna, and went back to her Butterbeer, which she seemed to find more interesting than Romilda.

“You don’t yet know who I am when I’m angry,” said Ginny, looking daggers at Romilda. “But you’re just about to find out if you don’t leave him alone.”

Romilda was batting her eyelashes at Harry, smiling sweetly at him.

“Oh, yeah?” said Ginny. “Very well, you’ve been asking for it. Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” she said, getting up and going out of the pub towards them.

“So, did you come on your own, Harry?” was saying Romilda. “Because I thought we could…”

“Hi, Harry,” said Ginny, smiling. She looked at Romilda and then kissed Harry. Romilda looked livid.

“Oh, please do excuse me, Romilda, were you saying anything?” asked Ginny sweetly.

Romilda looked daggers at her and then left in a huff.

“Ha,” muttered Ginny, satisfied. Harry laughed.

“What?” asked Ginny, smiling. “She had it coming.”

“It’s just — it was funny,” said Harry, grinning. “She was flirting and I didn’t know how to get rid of her, and then you come and kiss me in front of her — I thought she was going to throttle you or something.”

Ginny grinned.

“What’s the joke?” said a voice behind them.

“Hey Ernie,” said Harry, turning around. They shook hands.

“Hello Harry, Ginny,” answered Ernie in his usual pompous manner. Then he took Ginny’s hand and kissed it. Ginny looked at Harry and giggled.

“Do you know if Luna’s already in there?” Ernie asked.

“Yeah, she’s talking to Madam Rosmerta,” said Ginny, nodding.

“Good,” said Ernie, smiling. “Well, I must go now, have a nice day!”

“Same,” said Harry as the Hufflepuff went into the Three Broomsticks.

“Is he always like this?” asked Ginny, giggling.

Harry grinned. “Oh, yeah. But he’s a great bloke, I assure you.”

“He’s funny,” said Ginny, watching him greet Luna inside the pub.

Harry smiled.






“Where are you taking me, Ron?” asked Hermione curiously. Hermione had never seen this part of Hogsmeade, and she didn’t have a clue where her boyfriend might be leading her. However, she was enjoying the suspense.

“Just wait, all right?” said Ron for the umpteenth time. “We’re nearly there… yes, there it is.”

They stopped in front of a café. Ron opened the door for Hermione, who smiled at him and went in.

Hermione gasped. Looking around her, she could see small round tables with comfortable armchairs surrounding them, and servers walking among the tables. People were sitting comfortably — some were playing chess, others were chatting, and others were writing letters, but most of them were reading. There were many bookshelves in the back of the café, full of books of all kinds. The air smelled of coffee and parchment — and to Hermione, this was heaven.

“Oh my god,” she muttered, awed.

“I thought you might like it,” said Ron, nervous. “Harry and I were walking around Hogsmeade some time ago and we came across this, and I thought I had to bring you to see it…”

“I love it,” said Hermione, smiling. “Oh Ron — it’s so romantic!” She kissed him and then led him to the nearest table.

“Wicked,” said Ron, grinning. He seemed very happy with himself.

Some ten minutes later, both were sipping coffee and talking, feeling more comfortable with each other than they had in a long, long time.

“Aren’t you going to read anything?” asked Ron after a while, a bit confused. “I mean, with all the books there are here, I thought you would want to…”

“I don’t really care how many books there are here right now,” said Hermione, smiling. “I’m here talking to my boyfriend, who is a great person, and I don’t need anything more than that. I couldn’t care less about those books,” she said, looking into Ron’s eyes.

Ron grinned. “Happy Valentine’s Day, Hermione,” he said, his eyes twinkling.

“Happy Valentine’s Day to you too,” said Hermione, smiling, and sipped her coffee again.






Ginny looked at Harry out of the corner of her eyes. He was looking ahead of him, a content expression on his face, while holding her hand. The day had flown — with a twinge of sadness, Ginny realised that their Hogsmeade weekend was almost over. However, she knew Harry had still something for her. It was not only her instinct — Harry had said it himself, when they were having lunch.

They had entered a very beautiful restaurant, where they had had lunch. Ginny had been mesmerised by the place — it was perfect to the last detail. She had told Harry that she had enjoyed the surprise very much, but then he had looked at her blankly and said, “But you haven’t seen the surprise yet!” Ginny had been a bit puzzled at first, but then she had felt torn between excitement and guilt, because Harry was spending too much on her.

Ginny looked at the horizon. The sun was about to set — she smiled. The sunset was her favourite time of the day.

“Gin,” said Harry, breaking the silence. “I’m going to cover your eyes with this, okay?” he said, showing her a yellow cloth.

“Are you going to give me my surprise?” she asked, smiling like a child that’s about to be given candy.

Harry smiled. “Yeah,” he said. “Now I’m going to cover your eyes — close them, please.”

He tied the cloth around her head until she couldn’t see anymore.

“I will guide you,” said Harry, standing behind her and pushing her gently with his hands on her back. “Don’t worry.”

“I’m not worried,” said Ginny, smiling.

They walked for a few minutes, and then they stopped.

“Are we there yet?” asked Ginny.

“Oh yes,” said Harry, smiling. “Sit down, okay?”

Ginny did as told, and then Harry uncovered her eyes. She gasped. Harry sat next to her, smiling.

They were sitting on the grass, on a small hill from where they could see the whole village of Hogsmeade. There was a weeping willow behind them, and a soft breeze was blowing, caressing their faces. They had a clear view of the horizon, where the sun was setting.

“It’s beautiful,” she said smiling. “Thanks.”

As she was watching the horizon, a thought popped up in her mind.

“What was that you had to pick up before?” she asked, looking at Harry.

“Oh yeah — I forgot,” he said, looking in his pocket. “Here it is.”

He took out a velvet box and gave it to Ginny, who took it, her heart beating madly. Inside was a beautiful silver bracelet, and there were words etched on the inside. Ginny, who was top of her class in Ancient Runes, realised this was runic — and it said ‘Harry and Ginny’.

“Oh my,” she muttered. “This is so beautiful, Harry. Put it on for me?”

“Come here,” he said, smiling. Ginny moved next to him, and he fastened the clasp of the bracelet. Ginny smiled at him, and then Harry kissed her.

“I love you,” he said when they pulled apart.

“I love you too,” answered Ginny, smiling and kissed him again.

Then, she rested her head on his shoulder and Harry put his arm around her waist, and together they watched the horizon on fire — the sunset, when the day ends to allow the night to spread its wings over us all. Then we see a shooting star, and when we try to think of a wish, we find there’s nothing we could ask for, because in that moment, life is already perfect.

“Let’s stay like this forever,” muttered Ginny.

“Let’s,” said Harry. His every wound began to heal, his every dream came true, and every piece fit like a perfect puzzle, perfect like the flames, dancing in Ginny’s hair and burning the skies, while the breeze sang a tune that only they could hear.


THE END





A/N: I wasn't too sure whether I should submit this as a Challenge entry, because I don't know if it goes very much with the rules of the Challenge, but oh well. I hope you liked it. Please review!







Reviews 12
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear