Search:

SIYE Time:6:38 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Did I tell you?
By whitelighter90

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 5
Summary: Harry and Ginny finally open up to eachother and they admit their feelings. Read Ginny's proposal and Harry's answer... Read their lives together...
Hitcount: Story Total: 4802







ChapterPrinter


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Did I tell you that I love you today?
Have I looked into your eyes?
Cause I've taken down that last remaining wall
and showed myself to you
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry stood there, in the middle of the Gryffindor Common Room, as if he was frozen as ice. When he stepped through the portrait hole, he saw Ginny sitting by the fire, stuck with her nose in a book. Harry had been in love with Ginny ever since the Department of Mysteries. She didn’t know that, although he had a feeling that her feelings for him, weren’t completely gone. He was in his seventh year at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry and he had never been able to take the step, to ask her out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
As I am
All my faults
All my thoughts
All my yearning
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ginny sat by the fire, with a book on her knees, when Harry Potter came through the portrait hole. The man she had loved since she was four years old. When she was ten and she met him for the first time, he didn’t have any feelings for her. She on the other hand had her hormones flying like crazy through her body. Now in her sixth year, she was together with Dean, but she didn’t love him. Ginevra Molly Weasley was still in love with the man of her dreams, Harry James Potter, The-Boy-Who-Lived.
She stood up and walked to Harry, taking his hand and leading him back through the portrait hole, to find an empty hallway.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Oh I love you
Always have and always will
and I wanna face this moment
Hold it near
Hold it deep
Hold it still
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When Ginny took his hand and lead him back through the portrait hole, to the hallway. He finally was able to speak.
“Gin, where are you taking me?” he asked.
“You’ll see” she answered.
Finally she stopped and pushed Harry in a small hallway, pulled him against her chest, and put her soft lips on his.
Harry was flabbergasted about what had just happened, and when he and Ginny finally released, he turned a little red.
“Wow...” was the only thing he could say. Ginny smiled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Did you know how scared I used to be
Scared for you, scared of me
But taking down this barrier
and touching you at last
has broken all that down
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Why did I deserve that?” he said.
“Come on... you know that. I wasn’t over you, whatever Hermione said. You have always been the man of my dreams, Mr. Harry James Potter, and you always will remain that man.” Ginny said, a light blush came on her face.
“Well, you will always be the woman of my dreams. You have always been, Gin! If I or you had just taken the first step, we would have had so much longer” Harry replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Into dust
blown away
Now there's us
and we're real
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ginny took Harry’s hand again and this time he wasn’t letting go, never ever again.
They walked out the Front Doors from the castle of Hogwarts and walked up to the Lake. There by the big oak, they sat down. Ginny worked herself into Harry’s arms. He gave her a quick kiss on her forehead. That was how they forgot all that was around them and they lost themselves in each others eyes. It was a wonderful afternoon, which they would never be forget.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Oh I love you
Always have and always will
and I wanna face this moment
Hold it near
Hold it deep
Hold it still
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A year later, Harry and Ginny were still together and heavily in love. It was a hard time for both. Harry finally had to conquered Voldemort in the Final Battle. He had survived, while Voldemort had not. Ginny was happier than ever... She knew it for sure, this was the man she wanted to grow old with, the man she wanted to survive with en share everything with.
But still, now she had to explain all this to Harry. Maybe he thought it was too soon to get married, after all they had both just graduated from Hogwarts. He was 18 en she 17.
When Harry entered The Burrow and saw Ginny, he winked at her and when she rose, he took her hand. He led her outside and they walked to the forest behind the garden of the Weasley’s.
In front of a big tree, where Harry and Ginny always sat when they wanted to be alone, they sat down.

“I will always be in love with you, Gin! I don’t know what else to do without you.” Harry said, after a long silent moment.
“Maybe it is a little too early to ask from you, Harry. But I know I want to spend my lifetime loving you and I want to have kids with you. I loved you ever since I saw you for the first time. Do you remember when you got on the Hogwarts’ Express for the first time? I do, I wanted to go through the barrier but I wasn’t allowed. Mum wouldn’t let me. And even then, I loved you so many years longer. I used to cary a newspaper around with a picture of you in it, telling my whole family that I loved you. So I want to ask you a question...” She fell silent.
“What question, Gin?” Harry asked nervous.
“I know, almost always it’s the man who asks this question. But this time I want to do it. Harry James Potter, will you marry me?” she said, relieved that the questions was out of her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Oh I love you
Always have and always will
and I wanna face this moment
Hold it near
Hold it deep
Hold it still
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry jumped to his feet. Ginny became scared, maybe it was too soon to ask.
“Of course I will, silly. Maybe it is too soon, but I have loved you for so long now.” Harry answered.
Ginny jumped onto her feet and embraced Harry very tightly. She kissed him al over his face and then there was the perfect kiss, the kiss that was meant to take forever. The kiss of two people that had loved each other for so long and who finally came together!
Ginny pushed Harry a little away, so she could look into his eyes. His marvellous emerald eyes, his eyes that said everything that she needed to know.
Then she opened her mouth and said:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Did I tell you that I love you today...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The year after that, Harry and Ginny were married. Ginny discovered just last week that she was pregnant with triplets. Two boys and a girl. Although it was wonderful news, Harry and Ginny didn’t tell anybody yet. They wanted to wait for a little wile, so that they would be sure about everything.

When Harry and Ginny were ready to tell the family, she had already been pregnant 3 months. Their gynaecologist told them that everything was going to work out fine. The triplets were perfectly healthy and they would be born on December, 27th.
“Well, here goes nothing!” Ginny said when they appeared in front of the Burrow.
“Come on, it wouldn’t be that bad. I think they would be delighted to hear the news.” Harry replied, while stepping through the front doors.
Everyone from the Weasley family was in the living room, and they welcomed Harry and Ginny with a hug and a kiss.
“Guys, we have something to tell you all,” Harry began when everyone had settled down again, “Ginny and I are pregnant with triplets!”
Hermione and Mrs. Weasley jumped to their feet and began to hug Harry and Ginny all over again.
“The triplets will be born on December, 27th.” Ginny continued her husband’s story.
“But… but then you have already been pregnant for 3 months, why didn’t you tell us?” Molly argued.
“We wanted to be sure of everything, you know yourself that the first couple of months are difficult, and now they ere over we wanted you to know.” Harry said.
“Do you already know what they are?” Ron asked, while skipping his arm ‘round Hermione.
“Yes, as a matter of fact we do. They are two boys and a girl. And if they are born as they told us, their names will be James Harry, Sirius Arthur and Lily Ginevra.” Ginny answered.
When everyone had calmed down, they went to the dinner table, as it was time for their dinner.

January, 24th 1999
“Hush little babies, don’t say a word
Daddy’s gonna buy you a mockingbird
And if that mockingbird won’t sing
Daddy’s gonna buy you a diamond ring
And if that diamond ring goes brass
Daddy’s gonna buy you a looking glass
And if that looking glass gets broke
Daddy’s gonna buy you a billygoat
And if that billygoat won’t pull
Daddy’s gonna buy you a car and bull
And if that car and bull fall down
You’ll still be the sweetest babies in town”

Harry was singing to his triplets, who were almost a month old.
James, Sirius and Lily were now everything to him and Ginny. Ginny’s pregnancy went rather well, except for the morning sicknesses, and in the end, the contractions.
Harry took the ‘job’ on him to put the kids in bed. What he didn’t know was that Ginny was watching him from the doorpost of the nursery.
When Harry turned around, a smile appeared on his face. He loved the woman in the doorpost with all his heart. She was his life, although nowadays she had to compete with their children. She knew that, but she would take the competition, as would Harry for Ginny.
“Hey sunshine,” Harry said, walking towards Ginny, “They wouldn’t fall a sleep so I sang a little for them. I remember the song from what mum used to sing to me, even when she lived only one year of my life.”
Ginny pressed a kiss on his lips and she took his hand, together they walked to the livingroom and they sat down at the couch.


March, 11th 2002
Ginny stood in the bathroom, she was exhausted. The triplets were three years old now and... very active.
“Gin, are you ok?” Harry asked.
“Yeah, I’m fine. I’ve wonderful news, though!” she said, while turning around. “I’m pregnant again, I just got the news from St. Mungo’s. I went there for a test yesterday, I received the results just now.”
“That’s wonderful! Do you already know what it is?” Harry questioned.
“Yes, I know what they are,” Ginny replied, smiling, “They’re twins, a boy and a girl. They will be born on July, 30th.”
Harry walked towards Ginny and put her in an embrace.
“I love you, Gin! You’ve given me everything I’d never had, a family, a house and, most important, your love!” Harry whispered into her ear.
“I love you too, Harry. You know that, I’ve always loved you,” She said, “I think it is time that we tell the family about our situation, you’ve heard them last time. And yet again it is already two months.”
“Let’s go then. Will the triplets come with us?”
“Yeah, I think that’s a good idea, I think Ron and Hermione will be there with, Keira and Kiara too.”

When they arrived at the Burrow, they saw all the children running ‘round the house.
“Hi, Uncle Harry and Auntie Ginny.” Sky said. Sky was Bill and Fleur’s second daughter.
“Hi kids, is the family inside?” Harry asked. Sky nodded and led them inside.
“Hi everyone, is everybody here? We’ve got something to tell you all.” Ginny said.
When everybody was on the couches and chairs, Harry and Ginny stood up.
“You’ll have the honour to tell them.” Harry whispered.
“Everyone, Harry and I are having twins on July, 30th.” Ginny said, with a huge smile on her face.
“They’re a boy and a girl. Their names will be Arthur William and Molly Fay.”
“That’s wonderful news! Have you told the triplets about it yet?” Mrs. Weasley.
“Mom we’re only 2 months on the way... We will tell, when the time’s right.”

January, 5th 2003
Ginny was feeding the twins, when Harry came home from work. Harry was now an Auror at the Ministry of Magic.
The triplets were excited about getting a brother and a sister when they heard it.
“Come on, little ones. Let’s see if mommy’s awake.” She heard Harry say to James and Lily. Sirius had a sleep over at his grandparents’ house.
“Hi honey,” she said when Harry came in, “I was awake, the twins were hungry.”

We are young, she thought, to already have 5 kids. I’m 21 and Harry’s 22. But we will be fine... just fine.
Our lives will be together from this moment on and it will end with our deaths. The kids will be fine and there will be more on the way, she thought, a smile appearing on her face.
Today she had discovered that she was already pregnant again. This time, with one child, a boy.
“Harry,” she whispered when Harry lay down next to her, “I think we have to expand the house, it will be too small if we’ll be going on like this.”
“What do you mean?” Harry asked.
“I’m pregnant again... with one boy this time.”
“What?! That’s great... just great! I love you, Gin, very much!”
“Have you thought about a name yet,” Ginny questioned, “because I have... What do you think of... Hayden Drake?”
“Hayden Drake Potter it is!” Harry said, giving Ginny a peck on her cheek.

[A/N: I want to thank my English Teacher for Beta-reading. Please R/R the story, I hope you like it!]
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear