Search:

SIYE Time:16:43 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Out of the Blue
By ambush

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 5
Summary: '...You gave me love I can't disguise...' Harry can't hide his love for Ginny any longer, so he tells her. A songfic based on Delta Goodrem's 'Out of the Blue' - fluffy! Enjoy! Please Read and Review - they make me a better writer!
Hitcount: Story Total: 4662







ChapterPrinter


~ Out of the Blue ~



A new beginning a new chapter of my life
Started the day, when I thought it could be my last
My eyes were wide shut but I, I hadn’t given up
Just thought I’d be walking, the world alone


Harry looked out of the kitchen window. There was Ginny, sitting quietly on an old, wooded swing, swaying backwards and forwards serenely, gazing melancholy up at the gleaming orange, evening sky. Harry couldn’t take his eyes off her; she was so beautiful, and against the sun, she was luminous. The setting sun was shining brightly on her deep red hair, making it seem as though it were on fire. She looked so peaceful, yet, he could tell there was something on her mind.
The last thing he wanted to do, was to go out and disturb her from her thoughts, but a big part of him just wanted to go and hold her tightly in his arms, and watch the sun set with her.

Out of the blue, there I met you
Showed me a life, I can’t see it without you
And there’s just no way that I can fight these emotions
Your energy running through me
Nobody can renew me, like you…
Out of the blue
Can this be true?


Ever since Sirius had died, Ginny had seen Harry through his pain and hurt, and helped him get back on track, understanding him better than anyone before, eventually leaving Harry completely and utterly in love with her. She was the only person he could tell his fears and worries to freely. She was the only one that made him genuinely smile when he was scared, or upset. She was the only girl who he had felt this way about before. He loved her cheeky grin, her dark brown eyes that seemed to sparkle with mischievous when she smiled, her fun, determined attitude to life, her caring nature — everything about her made Harry tingle inside when he thought about her.

Family and friends they were my life
I wasn’t one for butterflies
But you gave me love that I can’t disguise
And there will be times when we’re apart
I want you to know you’re in my heart
Growing into a beautiful garden


Harry plucked up his courage, and stepped outside, the cool breeze ruffling up his hair. Ginny jumped slightly, waking from her daze, at his sudden appearance, but smiled coyly, her own long, red hair flying around her face in disarray. Harry chuckled to himself at the sight of her, trying desperately to keep her dignity, while attempting to get her hair out of her mouth. He walked nearer anxiously, not losing the eye contact he had formed with her, and sat on the swing next to her. They sat together, but no one spoke, for neither knew what to say.

No emotions, my whole body felt like ice
Needed to feel, that the sun would shine my way
My world had turned to dust
But I had my faith and trust
Just thought I’d be walking the world alone



Harry sat on the swing, finding the uncomfortable silence almost unbearable. He needed to tell her that he loved her. Was it love? He knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her - that must be love. What should he say? What if she rejected him — would their friendship be ruined? Should he risk everything, and rip off the band-aid, exposing the wound, and resulting in either total happiness, or utter misery, or should he back away, and try to pretend the love he has for her is not there? Well, he hadn’t been put in Gryffindor for nothing — let’s rip!

Family and friends they were my life
I wasn’t one for butterflies
But you give me love that I can’t disguise
There will be times when we’re apart
I want you to know you’re in my heart
Growing into a beautiful garden


He turned to face Ginny, who was watching him nervously. He soon realised that deciding to do something wasn’t nearly as hard as actually doing it. The apprehension between them both was almost tangible. He cleared his throat, and began to tell her.
“Ginny, I — I really need to tell you something.”

Ginny shot him a curious look, and gestured to go on.

“Well, ever since Sirius died, you really took care of me and made sure I got over the grief I was going through, and I’ve gotten to know you better, I’ve liked you more and more. You’ve become one of my close friends. But — but, lately, my heart’s been telling a different story. My heart says that you are a beautiful, funny, charming, and overall wonderful girl,” Ginny blushed at what he was saying. “But my head is telling me that you’re just a good friends, and also keeps reminding me that you’re my best friend’s sister. But after a lot of thinking, I have decided to follow my heart,” Harry finished speaking, unsure of what to say next, Ginny was also completely lost for words, her shining eyes were wide, and were boring into Harry’s emerald green ones in amazement.

Out of the blue, there I met you
I can’t believe that this happened to soon
And there’s just no way, that I can fight these emotions
Your energy running through me…


Ginny still gaped in astonishment at Harry. He stared back, holding his breath, wondering what she was going to say. Ginny swallowed, and shifted closer to him, grasping his hand in her own. She smiled softly at him.

“Harry, you have no idea how long I’ve wanted you to say that! I’m so happy you finally feel the same way!” she said, tears falling freely down her flushed cheeks. Harry let out his breath in relief, and smiled at her.

“So, you want to, erm, well, maybe go out with me?” Harry asked quietly, apparently greatly interested at the grass on the ground. Ginny giggled at his embarrassment.

“Harry,” Harry looked up. “I’d love to.”

Harry’s smile grew wider, and he boldly leaned closer to her, and brushed his lips lightly, but firmly against hers, in a soft, meaningful kiss. When he was about to move away, Ginny pulled him back, for a deeper, more intense kiss. He eagerly agreed.

There will be times when we're apart
I want you to know you're in my heart
growing into a beautiful garden
out of the blue, there I met you...


They heard I slight rustle from behind them, and sprung apart hastily. Ginny stood up, and walked towards the noise, to find five Weasleys crouching uncomfortably on the ground, behind an uncommonly large rose bush.

“What in Merlin’s name are you guys doing down there?!” Ginny said, half annoyed, half amused. Bill, Charlie, Fred, George, and Ron all stood up speedily, and wiped the dry mud off their clothes, looking sheepish, and muttering lots of useless excuses. Ginny grinned. Harry was hiding behind her, humiliated at being seen, kissing Ginny, by her brothers. Ginny noticed this, and began to take charge.

“Why are you all so embarrassed? I was only snogging Harry,” she said, and almost collapsed with laughter at the reactions of her brothers at this comment.

Out of the blue, there I met you...

They walked back to the Burrow together, Harry and Ginny hand in hand, which the brothers didn’t look to comfortable about, but kept quiet anyhow. Moments later, you could hear the teasing catcalls, the joyous shrieks coming from the kitchen, and the breaking of Harry and Ginny’s ribs as Mrs Weasley gave them both bone-crushing hugs, as a result of their good news.


out of the blue, there I met you...

Neither Harry or Ginny thought they could feel as happy as they did right then. Neither thought that the souce of their happiness could be found in someone who had been right in front of them the whole time. It was just so out of the blue.
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear