Search:

SIYE Time:10:32 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Falling For You
By LadyLatina

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 652
Summary: Ginny has left Hogwarts and is ready to begin her life. Harry has realized that he can no longer hide his feelings for her. Can he overcome her viewing him as a 'brother' and make her his? Once he does win her, then what? Story goes on from them getting together and moves onto the mingling of their lives. ***I have to change the rating on this story from PG-13 to R...although it is a very loose 'R'. See A/N for Ch. 12 for an explanation.
Hitcount: Story Total: 191365; Chapter Total: 12664







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


A/N: This chapter was turning into a book on it's own! Who knew so much could happen on a Friday night?! Anyway, it was very hard for me to pick where to stop without it being too much of a 'cliff hanger'...

============================ ============

Coming out of the loo, trying to tame his wild hair somewhat, Harry went to answer the door. Opening it he smiled into the face of his long time friend and mentor, Remus Lupin.

“Right on time Mooney!” Harry grinned as he wrapped Remus up in a warm hug.

“Have I ever been late?” Remus responded with a smile and returned Harry’s embrace warmly.

Shutting the door, Harry gestured him into the living room. “Slightly chilly for late September eh?”

“Yes, it is. Before long we’ll all be walking around in heavy winter robes.” Remus sat down on the sofa.

“Can I get you something to drink?” Harry asked.

“A butterbeer would be nice…” Remus glanced around the flat. Noticing how tidy it was, he laughed, “Well it’s nice to see that you inherited your Mum’s tidiness and not James’ messiness!”

Harry laughed as he headed towards the kitchen. Coming back with two butterbeers he sat in his chair and looked at Remus. “Your color looks good. The potion has been working then?”

Taking a sip of his butterbeer, Remus nodded. “Yes. I can’t thank you enough for finding that supplier from the Ukraine. I have enough now to last me through till next year. Tonks is beside herself with happiness that I don’t have to pay the exorbitant prices here in England!”

“It was no trouble at all…I’m just glad that it is working. You never know with potions made elsewhere…” Harry had been visiting a small, remote village in the Ukraine during one of his tours. He had found a small apothecary that for some unknown reason had drawn him in.

He met the man who owned the little shop and quickly became friends with him. He learned that the old man was a potions master and had learned the art of potion making from his father who learned from his father and so on. They went back ages. Harry had asked if he ever made Wolfsbane potions. The man had looked at Harry with wide eyes. Seeing the look in his eyes, he had assured the man that it wasn’t for him. It was for a very close, dear friend.

There were few people in the Wizarding world that would deny Harry Potter anything. The reign of terror that Voldemort and his Death Eaters had had was felt all over. The little man told Harry that he would be happy to make up as much potion as Harry could carry. The only payment he had asked was for Harry to grace his home with a visit.

Harry, as was his way, accepted the invitation to visit, but insisted upon payment. And knowing Remus’ pride, insisted on making arrangements to pay for half the cost of the potions. The little old man, whose name turned out to be Adan Zygarevich, was more than happy to make this arrangement for such a man as Harry Potter.

Harry and Remus continued making small talk, waiting for Ron to arrive. Twenty minutes later there was a knocking on the door. “It’s either Ron or the pizza guy…” Harry said as he got up to open the door.

It was Ron, hastily trying to tuck his shirt back in. Grinning like crazy, Harry pulled him inside laughing, “What happened to you? Hermione decide to try and keep you home or what?”

“You know my Mione. She can be quite persuasive when she puts her mind to something…” Ron walked over and sank down next to Remus on the sofa.

“I don’t think I want to know what kept you. I do have to work with your fiancé on a daily basis…” Remus snickered at Ron. Hermione and Remus worked for The Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.

Seeing the teasing glint come into Harry’s eye, Ron decided to head him off. “Merlin! Hermione spent the day shopping with Ginny and came home with the most delicious set of knickers…”

“OI! Too much information for this old wolf!” cried Remus glancing quickly at Harry.

Harry’s face was turning red at the thought of Ginny purchasing knickers with Hermione. He was saved further embarrassment by another knock on the door. Jumping up quickly he rushed to open the door. Thank Merlin for on time pizza delivery!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++

Bending over the oven, Ginny didn’t hear Luna speaking to her. Raising her head, she turned to her friend, “What did you say? I didn’t hear you.”

“Neville just flooed. They’re going to be a little late. They got caught up in an experiment…” Luna glanced at the clock and saw that it was five to seven. God love Neville, he never was a prompt kind of guy. This suited Luna just fine.

Ginny however, was feeling slightly put out. She had rushed home from shopping with Hermione and immediately began cooking. Thank Merlin, that with magic it was an easier task than it would have been without.

Still, she had rushed and she hated to rush. After arriving and putting away her purchases, she had jumped into the shower. Not really caring to impress Neville or Daniel, she chose to wear a pair of jeans and a short sleeved mock turtleneck shirt. Little did she know that the shirt hugged her body and the color brought out the chocolate of her eyes.

She pulled out the earrings and bracelet that Harry had given her and with her hair loosely tied back she slipped on a pair of flats. Walking back into the kitchen she proceeded to look over the roast and potatoes, when Luna had spoken.

“Well, I guess I can relax then. I wonder what’s keeping Hermione though. She had said that she was simply going home to shower, change and leave Ron a note…” Ginny double-checked on the pie she had made for dessert and satisfied that all was well, grabbed a butterbeer and went to sit on her loveseat.

Luna joined her and they began to talk about their day. “I’m going to ask Daniel about the rumors that have that Muggle singer…Elvish Prescott…appearing all over the place. Do you think he could have some magical ability?”

Ginny looked at Luna and had to hold back a laugh. Merlin how this girl makes my day she thought with a smile! I can’t wait for Daniel to get to meet her. He’s in for an interesting night!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

Ron bit into his fifth slice of pizza and gave a groan of appreciation. He was ravenous and was thankful that Harry had had the foresight to order three large pizzas with the works. He looked over at Remus and noticed that he too was enjoying his slice. Harry however was picking at his second slice and looked to be deep in thought.

Worried about what his friend may be thinking he swallowed his bite and taking a sip of his butterbeer asked, “So…don’t keep us in suspense! What did you want to talk to us about?”

Yanking his mind from the images of Ginny trying on very sexy lingerie Harry fought down a blush. Don’t think about her like that with Ron in the same room you stupid git he thought to himself.

“Well…I really don’t know where to start…”

“I’ve always found it best to start at the beginning…” Remus replied wryly.

Shooting a sarcastic glance towards Remus, Harry began, “Well…on Monday I will be making a formal announcement. I’m going to be taking some much needed time off from speaking engagements…

“Bout bloody time!” Ron snorted.

Smiling at his friend, he continued, “I want to spend the next four months doing absolutely nothing. Well…almost nothing…” this time he couldn’t stop the blush that rose on his face.

Noticing the blush and seeing Ron about to speak, Remus interrupted “Do you plan to travel or stay home during this holiday?”

Grateful for Remus’ presence Harry shook his head, “No. I’m not going to travel. I want to stay home and…well…build on my relationships with…friends and…” He really didn’t know how to say it.

“Friends? Like who?” Ron asked with a knowing smirk. His voice held a challenge. He wanted Harry to say it out loud.

“Well if you must know…” Harry was never one to back down from a challenge. “Primarily, it’s your sister. Ginny. I want to pursue a romantic relationship with her.”

Remus muttered something that sounded like “Potter’s and red-heads…” While Ron burst out into laughter.

Feeling a little angry Harry ignored Remus’ mutterings and shouted at Ron, “AND WHAT IS SO BLOODY FUNNY ABOUT THAT!”

Seeing the seriously angry look on his friends face sobered Ron up considerably. “Mate…I’m not laughing at you. Or the idea of you wanting to be with my sister…”

“Really? Could’ve fooled me…” was Harry’s sarcastic reply.

“No mate. I would love nothing more than for you to be with my sister. I think she’s bloody perfect for you. And, I can safely say that the rest of the Weasley family thinks so too…’cept maybe Ginny herself…”

“Thanks Ron…I really appreci…WHAT? Gin doesn’t think she’s perfect for me?” Harry’s blood ran cold at the thought that Ginny wouldn’t want him. Wouldn’t want to be with him like he wanted to be with her.

Seeing where Harry’s mind was racing, Ron winced at his words. Really, Hermione did have a point…sometimes he really was a thoughtless prat! “No mate! That isn’t what I meant! I mean that everyone thinks you and Ginny would make a fine pair. It’s just that none of us know how Ginny feels about you…”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

Glancing at the clock Ginny took one more sip of her butterbeer and got up to check on things in the kitchen. Seeing that the potatoes were almost done, she took the roast out and placed a warming charm on it. The pie still had some time so she set a timer for ten minutes. A popping sound caught her attention. Turning she noticed her future sister-in-law apparate into the kitchen with a very satisfied look on her face.

“Your late! What kept you…or do I really want to know?” Ginny asked her with a grin.

“Let’s just say that your brother really…really appreciated the new knickers I bought today. The ones in Chudley Cannon Orange…” Hermione laughed. Oh how she loved Ronald Weasley!

“I could have gone my entire life without knowing that! Thanks a lot!” Ginny made a face at Hermione’s grin.

“Where is everyone? I really expected you guys to be knee deep in Herbology theory by now!” Hermione walked over to the roast and took a deep breath. Ginny cooked just as well as Ron. “Oooh! That smells delicious!” She licked her lips with anticipation.

“Neville flooed that they were running late. Caught up in some kind of experiment or something like that…” Ginny really hadn’t been paying too much attention to Luna’s explanation. “Luna was in the living room…”

A knock on the door interrupted Ginny. Hermione turned to walk into the living room, but stopped when Ginny did not follow. Tilting her head towards the living room she sent her a look. “I’ll be a sec. Just want to make sure I have everything covered in here.” Ginny answered the question in Hermione’s eyes.

Shrugging, Hermione walked in the living room. “Hermione!” Neville greeted her with a hug. “How wonderful to see you! Are you joining us this evening?”

Hermione returned Neville’s hug warmly. “Yes I am. And who is this?” she smiled at Daniel.

Neville took the hint. “Daniel Duncan he is my research partner from America. He’ll be visiting for the next four months. Daniel, this is Hermione Granger an old school chum and a dear friend.”

Daniel extended his hand and shook Hermione’s. “Pleased to meet you.” Neville then turned towards Luna. “And this vision of loveliness is my very own Luna. Luna Lovegood.”

Smiling warmly at the wisp of a girl before him he extended his hand once again, only to have it be completely ignored as Luna embraced him in a friendly hug. “Welcome to England! I hope that you have a wonderful visit and that you and Neville have much success in your experiments.”

Laughing he returned her hug. He had a feeling he was going to really like Luna. He turned then, fully expecting to see Ginny. He tried to hide his disappointment as he asked, “So…uh…where is our other hostess?” Just then a timer went off in the kitchen.

Hermione inclined her head and answered, “Oh Gin is in the kitchen. She’ll be right out. Let me take your jackets.”

Luna smiled and asked, “Can I get anyone anything to drink? Neville dear, you’ll want a butterbeer right?”

Neville handed his jacket to Hermione and bent to give Luna a kiss on the cheek. “Yes love. I’d love a butterbeer. Daniel?”

Daniel shook his head yes. Hermione then took his arm and smiling, led him into the living room. Neville closely followed them. Hermione’s natural curiosity got the better of her and before anyone could say anything she asked, “So…tell me about this experiment that kept both of you?”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

Harry was having a hard time breathing. “Do you…do you think she doesn’t like me?” He asked Ron nervously.

“No. I mean…I don’t rightly know. She doesn’t talk to me about her love life. She’s afraid I’ll want to rip the guys head off…”

“Well…you do have a habit of threatening her boyfriends…” Harry remembered how Ron had intimidated Michael Corner and Dean.

Remus laughed, “Would you try that with Harry?”

“Nah…Harry’s the only bloke I consider good enough for her. I’m not alone in that respect. The twins agree with me. Bill and Charlie think you’re a good guy. And Percy…well…who gives a damn what he thinks…”

Harry smiled at that. While Percy had reconciled with the family, only the twins and Ron still regarded him with disdain. He didn’t know how Ginny felt about him. Which was just a confirmation to him that he really wanted to spend his off time with her. He wanted to get to know her now. Really know who she was now that she was out of school and making it on her own. Bringing himself back to the conversation he asked, “Who do you think would know?”

“Luna for sure. Hermione might…my Mum…” Ron couldn’t think of anyone else.

“That’s great. I can’t picture myself asking any one of them…that…” Harry was at a loss.

Remus stared at the two boys. They were really young he though to himself with a smile. How Harry reminded him of James. Except that James hounded poor Lily until she finally broke down. Maybe that might work for Harry? Clearing his throat he spoke, “Well, there is someone else you could ask.”

Ron and Harry looked at him sharply, sitting up. Simultaneously, they asked, “WHO?”

Chuckling at the folly of youth Remus said, “Why…Ginny herself of course.” The dead silence that met this pronouncement would have been quite comical if it wasn’t for the sheer dread on poor Harry’s face.

It took a moment or two but finally Ron burst out, “That’s bloody brilliant! You should just ask her how she feels about you!”

Harry looked at Ron with complete and utter disbelief. “Are you mad? How can I just…ask her how she…if she…madness…too many hits to the head…”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

Satisfied that all was taken care of in the kitchen, Ginny was just about to join her guests when Luna entered. “Oh…everything all right then?” she asked Ginny. Ginny nodded, “Yes everything is fine. What are you doing in here?”

“Oh I’m just getting Neville and Daniel a drink.” She responded opening the refrigerator door. Taking out three butterbeers she turned to Ginny, “Are you done with yours? Do you need another?”

Ginny looked at her drink noticing that it was almost done. “I’ll get it. Go on now I’ll be right behind you.”

Luna entered the living room and handed the drinks out. She sat in the empty space beside Neville and cuddled into his side. Neville automatically put his free arm around her and hugged her close.

Daniel tried to focus on his conversation with Hermione but was failing miserably. What was keeping her he wondered? Anxious to meet her he almost spilled his drink when Ginny finally walked into the living room smiling.

“Hello! Sorry to have kept you waiting.” Daniel shot to his feet as she made her way over to them. Seeing Daniel stand up, Neville quickly stood up too. Reaching Ginny first he pulled her into a hug and said, “Hey Gin! Good to see you.”

Turning with his arm still around her he introduced Daniel. “Ginny Weasley this is Daniel Duncan, my research partner for the next four…”

“We’ve already met.” Interrupted Daniel.

Taken aback by this news Neville stared from Ginny to Daniel and then to Luna. A confused look was on his face, as well as Ginny’s.

Ginny stared at the tall blond man before her. “We have? I’m sorry I don’t recall…”

“At the bank. Yesterday? You refused to help me…” Daniel was trying to will her to remember him.

“The bank? Yesterday?” Utterly confused Ginny glanced at Hermione helplessly. Returning her gaze towards Daniel she said, “I’m very sorry. I really don’t remember meeting you…”

“Well, we didn’t actually meet per se. You just kinda bumped into me…” Daniel sheepishly admitted.

Trying to recall if she really had refused to help him, Ginny gave him a small smile. “Again, I’m very sorry. I had a very busy day yesterday and I honestly don’t remember bumping into you.”

Feeling very foolish, Daniel gave her a small smile back. “Well…I guess I’m easily…forgettable then.” Neville snorted. Ignoring Neville he continued, “Regardless, I’m happy to meet you now…for real…I mean…” Stop making an ass of yourself he angrily told himself.

Seeing his discomfort and feeling sorry for him, Ginny gave him another smile. Unknowingly it was one of her better smiles. Seeing her smile like that caused Daniel to light up and he smiled widely back at her.

“I’m pleased to meet you too.” She said, and then turning to look at the others she shrugged her shoulders, “Well! I hope everyone is hungry! I know I am, so lets eat O.K.?” She gestured towards their dining area that Luna had magically enlarged for the evening.

“Mione…will you help me bring in the food?” Ginny gave her a significant look.

Thoroughly intrigued by what she had just witnessed Hermione nodded, “Of course Gin. We’ll be right back.” With that said the two young witches turned towards the kitchen.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++

“Stop mumbling nonsense!” Ron angrily chastised Harry. “I think you should ask her. You’re a bloody Gryffindor!”

“Yeah? So what of it? Look how long it took you to tell Hermione…”

“That’s completely diff…”

“BOLLOCKS!”

“ENOUGH!” shouted Remus in his best Professors voice. Both Ron and Harry shut up rather quickly and cast sheepish looks towards Remus.

“Quite! Now that I have your attention. You can ask her yourself. NO! Don’t look at me like that. It is very easy to ask without uttering a word.” Remus’ voice took on an air of mystery.

Thoroughly intrigued, both young wizards leaned in to listen to what the old wolf had to say.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

Hermione followed Ginny into the kitchen and without so much as a second thought cast a silencing spell on the room. Turning to Ginny she said, “WHAT was that about?”

Ginny turned to Hermione and laughed, “I KNOW! What on earth…I really don’t remember bumping into him. I was rather…well…you know!”

“I know! You had your mind on Harry. But, Merlin! That man in there is gorgeous in a blond American sort of way…not that I’m attracted to him or anything…” While Hermione was very much in love with Ron, she could appreciate that Daniel was an extremely handsome man.

“You think he’s handsome? I guess in a way he is…I just don’t fancy blokes with blond hair…” Ginny immediately pictured Harry. Her heart lurched in her chest. No, blond hair and blue eyes had nothing on messy black hair and beautiful green eyes…she let out a soft sigh.

“Stop thinking about Harry! It’s obvious that that man in there is taken with you. Did you see his reaction to your telling him that you don’t remember him? I thought he was going to deflate right before our eyes…”

“HERMIONE!” Ginny shook her head. “I hardly think I’m the kind of female that would attract a man like that!” Ginny began arranging the platters of food. “Stop talking nonsense and help me levitate this food into the dining area.”

“Ginny! I’m telling you that that man in there fancies you. You better just accept that you do have a certain appeal to the opposite sex. And if Millicent Bulstrode is to be believed to the same sex as well!” Leaving Ginny with a very astonished look on her face Hermione levitated the roast and potatoes into the dining area.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

“What do you mean…without uttering a word?” Harry asked Remus.

“I mean you can do…romantic things…are see how she reacts to them…” seeing the chagrined look on Harry’s face he asked, “Have you already done something…romantic?”

Swallowing slowly Harry nodded. Then seeing the look on Remus and Ron’s faces he blurted out, “I sent her flowers yesterday…at the bank…with a note.”

“BRILLIANT!” shouted Ron.

Remus simply shook his head, “That’s a very good start. How did she react to them do you know?”

Harry broke out into a smile as he recalled what Paul had told him of Ginny’s reaction. “I can say that she really liked them…”

Knowing Harry liked to keep certain things private Remus simply nodded again. “Good. So she’s not indifferent. You could ask her to dinner…”

“I’m having dinner with her tomorrow. She’s cooking dinner for me…” Harry broke out into another wide smile.

“You failed to mention that! I don’t think you’ll have much to worry about Harry. I’m no expert on females…Merlin knows! But, I can safely assume that she may have some…feelings…for you.”

“You really think so? I mean…I don’t want to assume…I just want to…”

“Merlin! You’ve really got it bad for my little sister…” Ron just stared at his best friend in wonder.

“Yeah…I reckon I do. I want her so much…”

“OI! Remember who you’re talking too mate!” Ron stated emphatically. Remus’ laughter ran throughout the flat.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

Following Hermione out into the dining area, Ginny fought down a grimace. Millicent Bulstrode…EW! If a woman were to find her attractive, why couldn’t it be someone…cute at least…wait what am I thinking? Shaking her head at her own weird thoughts, she smiled as everyone began to comment on the food.

Finally sitting down the conversation began to flow around her. Merlin she was thankful that Hermione was here. She seemed to be the only one, besides Neville, who could engage Daniel in talk of his theories. She really was fascinated by the turn they were taking in their hybrids.

She meanwhile was so engrossed in thoughts of what tomorrow would bring that it took several minutes before she realized that the others had grown quiet. She looked up and noticed four pairs of eyes looking at her expectantly.

“Sorry. My mind was elsewhere. What did I miss?” She tried to fight the blush that was trying to bloom on her face.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

“Well you are my best mate! Whom else am I supposed to talk to about…well about this sort of stuff?” Harry refused to back down from Ron’s calculating look.

Ron swore and ran his hands through his hair. “Look…I just don’t want to think…about Ginny doing…shag…bloody hell!”

“Do you think I want to talk about that with you? I don’t! But, you’re already with Hermione…and let me tell you I don’t dwell on that! Hermione is like a sister to me too you know…”

“It’s different with Hermione and me…I love her…”

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK I FEEL FOR YOUR SISTER YOU DUMB ARS…”

“ENOUGH!” Remus roared again. Seeing that he had successfully shut them both up again, he shook his head. “Both of you are acting like right prats!” They both had the decency to flush. “Harry are you telling us that you’re in love with Ginny?” Remus asked gently.

Harry shook his head, “Yes. Very, very much…”

“Since when?” Ron asked in a small voice.

“Well…I knew I fancied her as far back as our sixth year at Hogwarts. But, she was with Dean and I knew that she…well that she wasn’t going to look at me. So I never said anything. I realized I loved her. I mean truly loved her when I faced Voldemort…”

Dead silence met his words. Seeing the questions racing behind both their faces Harry said, “No. I won’t give you the particulars about that. I made a promise that the first person I would speak to about that would be Ginny. She deserves to know exactly what happened…before anyone else. So, please don’t ask me anything…I won’t tell you.”

Seeing the determined and unyielding look on Harry’s face Remus said, “Very well. I can understand that. But, seeing as we are going to be talking about love…true love…we’re going to need something a whole lot stronger than butterbeer…” With that, he pulled out his wand and magicked a bottle of Firewhiskey and three glasses.

Ron who had simply been starting at his best friend smiled at the appearance of the bottle. “All right!” he laughed as he reached for the glass Remus held out to him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

Hermione fought back a smirk and answered Ginny with a knowing grin. “Daniel was just asking about your family. It seems the twins have quite a reputation in America!”

“Oh! Yes, Fred and George have done extremely well for themselves with their joke shop! I’m very proud of them! They have expanded their owl-post ordering and I do believe that someday they may want to open a Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes in America…”

Daniel was openly staring at Ginny. In truth he couldn’t get enough of just simply looking at her. He knew, deep down, that he was appearing quite rude to the others, but he just couldn’t help it. He was simply fascinated with her.

Ginny happened to glance at Daniel and she started. Why was he staring at her so? It was quite unnerving. She gave Hermione a small kick under the table. Hermione glanced up and with a quick glance around the table she understood.

“The twins are really quite brilliant!” Hermione exclaimed. “I’m always amazed by what they come up with. For two people that many had thought they had thrown away their future when the pulled that stunt at Hogwarts…”

“What stunt?” Asked Daniel, his eyes still firmly glued on Ginny. Ginny looked at Hermione and then at Luna and Neville. Seeing no help coming from any of them, she took a deep breath and began.

“Well, it’s like this…back in Harry’s fifth year at Hogwarts we had the unfortunate experience of having Dolores Umbridge as our Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher…”

“Dolores? The witch at the information booth at the Ministry?” Daniel asked, confusion coloring his voice.

Laughter rang out as Ginny answered, “Yes. The very same evil witch…anyway, it was Harry’s fifth year and it…well…it was hell…for lack of a better word…”

Daniel listened to Ginny talk about that hellish year. The other three with their own perspectives of that year occasionally interrupted her. He noticed that whenever she spoke Harry’s name, her face seemed to glow, as if lit up from within.

Why had Harry never made a move towards her romantically he thought with wonder. If she looked like that simply by speaking my name…I would have snatched her up years ago. I wonder if I can get her to look like that whenever she speaks my name…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

After three rounds of Firewhiskey, the three wizards were feeling rather relaxed. Harry was reclining in his leather chair. Remus was laid out on the sofa. And Ron was propped up on some pillows that he had conjured after his first drink.

Their conversation was becoming more and more personal. Something none of them would admit to in the bright light of day. “Mmate…” began Ron slightly slurring. “Mmate…I lobe you…you’re closher to me…like my bro…bro…brofer…”

Remus eyed Ron warily. Really you’d think that by now Ron would know how to handle Firewhiskey. He had much to learn. Smirking at the younger man, he turned to look at Harry.

Harry had his head leaned back and his eyes were closed. A small smile played at the corners of his mouth. “I love you too Ron. And I am going to be your brother…your brother-in-law.”

Remus smiled. Harry sounded just like James at that moment. Overcome with emotion, Remus wiped a tear away. He thought of his old friends and would’ve given anything for them to be here…right here with him…and with Harry.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

Ginny was so engrossed in the re-telling of the twins exploits at Hogwarts that she began to feel more comfortable with Daniel’s staring. When they finished speaking everyone was laughing so hard that any previous awkwardness was gone. Wiping the tears from her eyes, she realized that she had hardly touched her food. Her stomach growled as she said, “Well…I think I’ve taken up enough time. I really want to eat…so someone else take over the conversation!”

Luna then turned to Daniel and in a very serious tone asked, “Daniel do you believe that that Muggle singer Elvish Prescott is perhaps a wizard? I mean he is supposed to be dead and yet he seems to keep popping up in the oddest places…”

Daniel looked stunned for a moment, then with a twinkle in his eye burst out laughing. “Luna I think you mean Elvis Presley. And no, I don’t think he was a wizard. Neville you have got to keep this one! She’s incredible!” He went on to give a rather confusing explanation of American gossip magazines.

The evening went on with lively, fun conversation, thanks mostly to Luna’s ability to say the most absurd things imaginable with a straight face. Neville leaned back in his chair and stretched, “Ginny that was so good! I always love your roast and potatoes.”

“Yes, it was a great meal. You’re an incredible cook.” Stated Daniel firmly, his eyes twinkling at her.

Ginny helplessly blushed, shaking her head she said, “This from two bachelors who are most likely used to take away every night! Easily impressed is what you both are!” She then stood to begin clearing away dishes.

Daniel saw his chance and took it. Standing quickly, he gestured towards Hermione who had also made a move to get up. “No. Sit. Allow me to help…it’s the least I can do for such a fine meal…”

Ginny looked up from placing the dishes she carried into the sink. Surprise was evident in her eyes at seeing Daniel enter the kitchen with the remaining dishes. “Don’t tell me they pushed cleaning up off on you!” she joked.

Smiling at her he said, “No. I offered. It was the least I could do. The meal really was delicious…” he became tongue tied. Another thing that had never happened to him before! What was this witch doing to him?

Seeing that he was a loss for words again, she took pity on him at first and then decided to tease him out of his stupor. “Well! I’ve never rendered a bloke speechless before! Have I unknowingly cast a Silencio spell on you perhaps?” She giggled at the blush that appeared on his face.

Almost dropping the plate that he held in his hand, his thoughts ran away from him. Damn I’m blushing! I haven’t blushed in years! Right, stop making a fool of yourself…ask her out…ask her out. “No. I don’t think you’ve cast a Silencio spell over me…I think it’s a spell of…a different kind…” He looked at her intently.

Treating what he said as a joke she said, “You’re a right cheeky bloke aren’t you?” shaking her head.

“Being ‘cheeky’ work for you?” He asked softly.

Seeing that he was determined to be serious, she took a deep breath and decided to be honest with him. “No…well…sometimes I guess…look I think you should know that I…”

“Neville told me that you’re not dating anyone right now…”

“Neville said that did he?” Her eyes narrowed dangerously.

Not recognizing the shaky ground he was standing on he continued, “Yes. He mentioned that because I had a bad experience at the Ministry and I didn’t want him to try and ‘set me up’ with someone…and well…he said… to reassure me that you…well…that you wouldn’t fall all over me…”

Ginny stared at him agape with amazement. Curiosity got the better of her. “What on earth happened to you at the Ministry?”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++

“What has you looking so forlorn Mooney?” Harry asked. He was far from being pissed. He had learned his lesson the last time he drank Firewhiskey with Ron. Better to stick to one glass and keep his wits about him. No telling what he would spill out if he drank anymore.

Remus looked over at Harry and smiled sadly. “I was just thinking about your Mum and Dad, Sirius. James and Sirius should be here with you now. Giving you advice…Sirius was quite the ladies man in his day…” Remus momentarily got lost in a happier time…happier memories.

“Do you think my parents would have liked Ginny?” Harry asked softly.

“Liked her? No…they would have loved her Harry. James would have applauded your taste in redheads! And Lily…she would have wondered why you took so long to notice what was right before your eyes.” Remus chuckled to himself. “Oh yes Harry…they would have loved her…”

Harry’s heart soared. He was happy and sad at the same time. Ginny was the one for him. He just knew it…now to just get her to know it too.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

Ginny was laughing so hard she was bent over. “You’ve got to be kidding! No wonder you were so weird about my not remembering you! Oh this is too much!” Hermione came into the kitchen closely followed by Luna and Neville.

Glancing from a grinning Daniel and a bent over Ginny, Hermione asked, “What is going on in here? We heard Ginny laughing like mad.”

Straightening, her hand still clutching her side, Ginny gasped out, “Oh Mione! You won’t believe the reception Daniel got at the Ministry!”

Hermione and Luna both turned questioning looks towards Daniel as Neville, understanding why Ginny was laughing, joined her.

Daniel, ignoring both Neville and Ginny’s combined laughter turned towards the other two witches and grinning sheepishly replied, “Well…it all began like this…”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

“You know, Hermione is going to be mighty upset with us when she gets a look at Ron.” Remus said with a smile in his voice.

Ron was laid out flat on his back, snoring, dead to the world. Harry chuckled at the sight of his best friend. He was used to seeing Ron like this. He had no idea why Ron seemed to love Firewhiskey so much when it was obvious he couldn’t handle more than a few rounds of the stuff.

“Maybe I should just floo her and tell her Ron is staying here tonight? What do you think?” Harry asked Remus.

Remus just shook his head, “No telling what she’d say if we took him home in the state he’s in. I know I for one would not want to face her wrath. She can be quite…a sight to behold when provoked. Much like Ginny…I expect…”

Harry grinned at Remus. Oh yes. He was well acquainted with Hermione and Ginny’s temper, having been on the receiving end of it a time or two. Merlins’ beard Ginny was a sight to behold. He got lost in the image of an angry Ginny, hands on her hips her chest rising and falling rapidly. She had no idea her breasts jiggled enticingly when she was angry. Harry felt the blood rush south. Glancing quickly at Remus, he adjusted his legs, hoping to hide the evidence of his desire.

“Um…yeah…I know Ginny can be…a right handful when she’s angry…” Do not blush! Do not look at Mooney. Stop thinking about Ginny’s breasts!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++

“Oh my! No wonder Ginny not remembering you was so…well unusual I suppose…” Hermione said. “It’s probably never happened to you before…right?”

“Nope. Never happened before. Which was actually very nice…in a weird, humbling, embarrassing kind of way…” Daniel grinned at Ginny. “I think she should make it up to me somehow. You know, stroke my poor fragile, wounded ego…”

Ginny snorted at this. “Really…you’re right forward…for someone I just met!” She laughed up at him. Deciding that it wouldn’t hurt to play along with him, he was rather charming in his own way. He reminded her of Neville somehow. Except that Neville never had women fall all over themselves to get his attention.

“So, what do you propose I do to uh…erm…help your fragile ego?” She said this with more than a touch of sarcasm in her voice.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

“Well…there was no answer at Ron and Hermione’s flat. I don’t know where she could be…” Harry expectantly looked at Remus.

“Well, try waking him…see if he knows where Hermione could be…” was Remus’ reply to the unspoken question in Harry’s eyes.

Gently nudging Ron with his toes brought forth no response. With a deep sigh, Harry knelt down and shook Ron’s shoulders forcefully calling out in a loud voice “Ron.” No response. Taking both his hands and shaking him harder, Harry shouted into his ear, “RON!” He had to jerk back as Ron shot up clutching his head. Eyes unfocused blinking owlishly at Harry Ron sat for a minute, then fell back down.

“C’mon Ron…where is Hermione. Hermione. Ron…Ron…”

“Mione…” Ron whispered hoarsely. “Mione…Gin…wit…Gin…” he then passed out again.

“Well we can assume he means Hermione is with Ginny. Or he wants a glass of gin.” Remus deadpanned. Harry just shot him a look. This was as good as an excuse to interrupt the little dinner party Ginny was having with Neville and the American. Harry smiled as he stood up and rolled Ron out of the way.

Walking over to the fireplace, he grabbed some floo powder and throwing it in called, “Ginny’s flat”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

“Spend the day with me tomorrow.” Daniel replied so fast that it made Ginny’s head spin. With wide eyes she looked at Luna and Hermione, both of who had the same astonished look on their faces as she had on hers. Had he planned this she wondered? “Spend the…”

She was interrupted by Harry’s voice calling out “GINNY! GINNY!”

“That’s Harry!” Ginny needlessly said with a huge smile breaking out on her face. Completely forgetting Daniel’s request she hurried to the floo. Dropping down in front of it she said, “Hello Harry!”

Smiling back at her, silently thanking Merlin that his blush would not be detected by the floo, he said, almost shyly, “Hi Gin.” They sat there for a minute just smiling at each other.

“Hi Harry…” Hermione said breaking their silence. Kneeling down next to Ginny she said, (loud enough for Harry to hear) “Gin, Daniel’s waiting to hear if you’ll go out with him tomorrow or not…”

“WHAT?!” Shouted Harry, startling both witches. The sheer panic Harry felt at hearing that that ruddy American had the gall to ask out his witch sent his head spinning. “Don’t answer him yet Ginny. Stand back, I’m coming over…” Harry’s head disappeared.

Hermione stared at Ginny with a knowing smirk on her face. Seeing the smirk Ginny asked, “What are you on about Mione?”

“Oh…just a hunch I have…” she said mysteriously.

Turning towards Remus, Harry said, “I have to go to Ginny’s right now. I’ll have Hermione floo you and you can explain about Ron…”

“Is everything all right?” Remus was worried; the look on Harry’s face was scary.

“No…but it will be. I’ll be back.” With that he stepped into the fireplace and stumbled slightly into Ginny’s flat. Casting a quick cleansing spell on himself he turned towards Hermione. “Floo Remus he needs to talk to you about Ron.” Turning towards Ginny he grabbed her arm and asked her, “Where’s your bedroom?”

Confusion evident in her wide eyes she asked, “Bedroom? Why…”

“I need to talk to you…in private…”

“Oh…O.K. This way…” she led Harry back towards her bedroom. Her heart was racing. Harry was acting so strange. What could it mean? Why did he come over? Ginny was confused and excited at the same time.

Reaching her bedroom she opened the door and uttered “Lumos”. Harry turned and cast a silencing and locking charm on the door. Which further confused Ginny. Helplessly she asked, “Why did you do that?”

“I don’t want anyone to bother us. I need to talk to you. I was going to wait until tomorrow, but that bloody American…” he was so upset he couldn’t finish his thought.

Ginny couldn’t help it, she laughed. Completely misunderstanding why Harry was upset she said, “Oh Harry! I’m a big girl. I can handle one cheeky, forward American male! I don’t need you to play the ‘big brother’ with him…”

Harry looked sharply at her with astonishment clearly written all over his face. Suddenly he scowled at her and growled, “I. Am. Not. Your. Bloody. Brother.” The heat behind his voice made her stop smiling.

The sudden tension that filled her room was palatable. Harry was staring hard at her. Suddenly without warning, Harry strode over to her and grabbed her. His mouth swallowed her startled “OH!” as Harry crushed her mouth beneath his.
Reviews 652
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear