Search:

SIYE Time:13:11 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Sunsets Over Time
By EnchantedRose

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Ron Weasley, Sirius Black
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 31
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

Lily and James never died. Voldemort doesn't exsist. Harry has siblings. The Potters' and the Weasleys' grew up together. Which means Harry and Ginny fluff galore. Watch as Ginny and Harry grow up together, starting with their promise to each other to get married at 19 if they aren't already that they made right before Harry's 7th birthday..
Hitcount: Story Total: 3721







ChapterPrinter


Okay, um, this is my first HP fanfic. It's about Ginny and Harry growing up together and falling into love a bit faster than in the books without Voldemort, but with James, Lily, Remus, and Sirius. Cool ain't it? This chapter is set a few weeks before Harry's 7th birthday. Harry has a three-year-old sister named Janie, but she's at a friend's house in the prologue so she'll be introduced in chapter one. Enjoy and review!

Disclaimer: I own not a thing. JK Rowling owns all the characters and shiz except for Janie Potter. If I were her, would I be here? NO! I'd be in England and filthy, stinking rich! *pouty face*


Prologue

Six-year- old Harry Potter sat in his room, playing with a ball with his friend, Ron Weasley. His mother, Lily Potter, was in the kitchen, talking with Ron's mother, Molly Weasley.

"Hair-wee!" Five-year-old Ginny Weasley and squealed, running into Harry's room.

"What is it?" Harry asked, looking up from the ball.

"Auntie Lily wants to see you," Ginny said, holding out her hand.

"All right," Harry pouted, rolling the ball over to Ron and standing up. He took Ginny's small hand and let her lead the way into the Potters' kitchen.

"Mummy? Auntie Lily?" Ginny called.

"Yes, Gin?" Lily replied, kneeling down and smiling.

"I brought Harry just like you told me to!" Ginny said porudly.

"Good girl," Lily smiled, patting Ginny's hair. She handed Ginny a small biscuit and Ginny ran off, letting go of Harry's hand in the process. Lily laughed, taking Harry in her arms and sitting at the table.

"What is it, Mum?" Harry asked.

"How would you like to stay with Mrs. Weasley for the next three weeks?" Lily asked. "Your father and I are going to a friend's wedding and I'm part of the wedding so I can't bring you with me."

Harry frowned as his eyes began to water.

Lily kissed his forehead. "Don't worry sweet," she said. "If I could, I'd bring you with me, but I'll be very busy and Daddy will, too. You'll have fun with Ron and Ginny. I promise."

"You sure?" Harry asked, sniffling.

Lily nodded with a genuine smile.

"Cool!" Harry said, kissing his mom's cheek and jumping off her lap. "Ron! Ginny! I have to tell you guys something!"

Lily laughed and walked into the backyard to accompany Molly for some afternoon tea and chit-chat.

Harry ran into his room and bounced up an down. Ginny and Ron looked at him weirdly.

"What?" Ron asked, confused.

"I get to spend three weeks with you guys!" Harry said excitedly.

"Weally?" Ginny asked, just as excitedly as Harry.

Harry nodded and Ginny ran up to him, hugging him and jumping around. Ron raised an eyebrow at them and cocked his head, trying to figure out why they were so happy. Well, it didn't matter, his best friend was going to spend the next three weeks with his family.

Two days later

Harry, Ginny, and Ron stood in front of the Burrow watching James and Lily talk to Molly and Arthur. Harry had a frown on his face and Ginny patted his shoulder, trying to make him feel better.

"You'll have fun with us," Ginny said.

Harry didn't say a word as his parents walked up him and pulled him into a group hug.

"You'll be fine, Harry," Lily assured her son, stroking his hair. "Don't worry. We'll be home in time for your birthday."

Harry nodded sadly. James ruffled his hair and hugged him again.

"Be a good boy and I'll tell you how to get girls early," James whispered to Harry playfully.

"James Potter!" Lily scolded her husband, hitting his shoulder. Harry laughed and hugged their ankles. Lily smiled down at him. "We'll see you in three weeks honey. Okay?"

"Okay," Harry mumbled, letting them go.

James and Lily stepped back and waved. They smiled at Harry lovingly and disapparated together.

Ginny walked up to Harry and took his hand. "Don't worry, Hair-wee," she said. "We will have lots and lots of fun!" She giggled and kissed his cheek, leading the awe-struck boy into the Burrow.

The Next Day

Harry, Ginny, and Ron sat in the kitchen in their chairs, drinking lemonade. Mrs. Weasley was bustling around the Burrow, trying to get it clean. The first to finish their lemonade was Ginny so she put her cup on the table and jumped off her chair, heading upstairs. Harry and Ron quickly followed after her once they were finished. As they began climbing up the stairs, nine-year-old's Fred and George stopped them.

"'Ello young ones!" the twins chorused.

Ginny, Harry, and Ron looked at each other curious before looking back up at the twins.

"What do you two want?" Ron asked, crossing his arms impatiently.

"We just wanted to say hello, little brother," George smirked.

"Fred! George!" Ginny exclaimed, stomping her foot impatiently.

"Yes?" the twins chorused, giving their sister a cheeky grin.

"Get out of the way!" Ginny exclaimed, pushing them out of the way.

Ron and Harry smirked smugly at them as they passed by and followed Ginny into her room. Ron and Harry sat at the foot of her bed as Ginny got out a rubber ball. She sat in front of them and began pushing the ball around in a circle. This went on for what seemed like hours and sadly it did. It wasn't until sunset when Mrs. Weasley called for the three to come down to the kitchen. Ginny, Harry, and Ron raced out of Ginny's room and down the stairs to get three seats next to each other and beamed when they saw that Mrs. Weasley had saved them their three usual seats.

After dessert (of which was a double chocolate cake), Molly made Ginny, Harry, and Ron go to bed. They all protested, but Molly gave them stern looks and the three went upstairs with no question. Once Ron had fallen asleep, Harry tried to go sleep, but ultimately couldn't. He shifted around many times, trying to find a comfortable postion, but Harry still couldn't get to sleep. He groaned and stood up, heading for Ginny's room quietly. Harry opened Ginny's door silently to find her sitting in her rocking chair by the window, looking out at the stars dreamily. She was pointing to them and humming softly. Harry smiled a bit and walked inside.

Ginny jumped. "Hair-wee! Don't scare me like that!" Ginny said angrily, putting her hands on her hips.

Harry chuckled behind his hand, sitting on Ginny's bed and facing her. "Sorry, Gin," he said with a cheeky grin.

Ginny's face softened. She could never be mad at Harry for too long. Normally it was no longer than twenty-four hours (at the most anyway). "It's okay," she smiled, sitting next to him. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Couldn't sleep," Harry said, lying on his back and looking up at Ginny's pink ceiling.

Ginny layed back as well and stared at the ceiling. "Me neither," she said.

"Gin, what do you think will happen to us?" Harry asked.

"What'd you mean?" Ginny asked.

"I mean, who will we date and marry?" Harry sighed.

"But Hair-wee, we're too young to tink 'bout that," Ginny said.

"I know," Harry said softly.

Ginny reached for his hand and entwined their fingers together. Harry looked over at her and smiled. Ginny smiled back, leaning over to kiss his cheek. Harry blushed, causing Ginny to giggle softly. Harry leaned over and hugged her with his free arm before pulling away slowly.

"Gin?" Harry said softly as they kicked their dangling feet in the air.

"Yes?" Ginny asked.

"Promise me that when you're nineteen and I'm twenty and if we're not already married or engaged to somebody else or each other, we'll get married," Harry said.

Ginny nodded. "All right," she said.

She closed her eyes and resting her head on Harry's shoulder, falling fast asleep. Harry looked at her with a small smile and rested his head on hers, falling fast asleep as well.
Reviews 31
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear