One More Night by xbecause_of_youx



Summary: The war is finally over and Harry has managed to survive. It's been almost a year since he's last seen Ginny. Has their love been able to survive the war? A one shot song fic.
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Post-HBP
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2006.02.26
Updated: 2006.02.26


One More Night by xbecause_of_youx
Chapter 1: --
Author's Notes:

DISCLAIMER: I don’t own anything but the plot. All characters are jk Rowling and this song "one more night" belongs to Cascada.


You
Are all I can remember
After all that we've been through
Forever in my heart



It's all over was all Harry could think of as he laid on the ground. After more than a year the end had come. Voldemort was gone. He lay panting in the grass, covered in sweat. All around him bodies lay; some dead and some alive, some on the Order's side and still some were Death Eaters. Yet, all he could think about was the reality that now he and Ginny could finally be together.


Harry sat up onto his elbows and looked back over his shoulder. So many things had changed. Up at the castle, one of the doors was broken off. He could see many students, mostly older ones, peeking out of this now empty hole, wondering if everything was okay. He was searching the crowd of hugging children for the one person that got him through the war. The pair of chocolate brown eyes and fiery red hair was the last thing he saw before he fell asleep each night. This what he fought for; to return to her.


He couldn’t find a trace of that famous Weasley hair in the crowd. To his right, he observed Ron and Hermione embracing and longingly wanted that for himself. If there was no Ginny in this new world he fought so hard for, then maybe he didn’t want to be a part of it.


now I’m through
and truth is like November
so can’t believe its true
too long we've been apart



I’ll have to face him eventually she thought pulling her cloak closer too her. Ginny gazed down from the North Tower at the scene unfolding below. Many of her fellow schoolmates had begun to investigate the area while she, on the other hand, preferred to watch from afar. That being said, she would never admit to anyone, that in reality she had observed the whole battle from where she was sitting. Never drawing attention to herself for fear of distracting Harry.


When she saw him stir her heart fluttered. Even though she had known he wasn’t dead it still was a reassuring sight. Ginny then realized that Harry was staring at something to his right. When she looked, she couldn’t help but grin. There was her brother and best friend all over each other. She noted that a talk with Hermione would be in order. Things had really changed during the war, some most definitely for the better.


Yes, even little Ginny had changed. She was no longer the same little, damsel in distress addicted to the affection she got from the hero that she had been when the war started. No, she wasn’t even that as much when the war began, but she had gained a new respect for Harry and all he had to do. With the trio’s decision to not come back to school she had been forced to re-evaluate everything. She was still doing this now. But now, the topic of choice was her relationship with Harry.


Taking the backseat during all of this, Ginny came to realize just how much she loved him. She only hoped Harry reciprocated these feelings. Ginny decided it was now or never to figure it out, so she gathered her wits and courage and descended the stairs to see the man she hadn’t seen in a year.


one more night i wanna be with you
where i wanna hold you tight
it feels so right
tonight
so leave it up to you
and i think the time is right
to stop the fight



It was like a light at the end of the tunnel for Harry. He noticed an angel with red hair walking, no gliding, towards him. It was surreal. All the agony and sadness he had put up with for a year finally seemed worth it when she kneeled next to him took his hand. Harry sat up and looked into her eyes.



“I’ve missed you so much. You’ve got no idea Gin,” he said still not breaking her gaze.



“Well, Potter, I reckon that I’ve got a pretty good guess as to how it’s been,” she said pulling him into a hug while whispering in his ear, “I’ve been so worried about you. It’s incredible to have you back.”



“I’ve got something really important to tell you Ginny,” Harry said in such a serious tone that Ginny pulled away with a confused look. “I’ve waited a year to tell you this, it can’t wait any longer. I uh…Gin I love you.”


When she didn’t respond right away Harry began to get uncomfortable. “Uh, if you, uh, don’t feel the same, I mean since we’ve been away from each other for so long I completely understand. I just, you know, thought that-”


She cut him off, “Harry,” and when he continued to talk she said his name again with a little more assertion, “Now, Harry James Potter, you listen to me and you listen to me good. I love you too. Now, are you going to keep rambling, or are you going to stop talking and kiss me?” A mischievous smirk had begun to broaden across hear face.


Harry realized what she had said and just how dumb he sounded. He took her hand and stood up. Ginny wove her hands around Harry’s neck pulling her petite frame closer to his muscular one as Harry envelop his arms around her waist. When their bodies were touching Harry began to kiss her and Ginny kissed back fiercely. This kiss proved just how much they had missed each other and how much love existed between them.


As Harry’s hands started to rise up her back Ginny retracted and whispered in his ear. “I know a place we can go. Away from prying,” she hinted to the rest of the growing number of students outside. When Harry nodded in agreement, she slipped her small hand into his and led the way back to the stairs she had come from.


“Where are we going,” he asked once inside the stairwell.


“It’s a surprise,” replied Ginny. Harry continued to pester and pout and didn’t realize they had come to the Room of Requirement. “We’re here,” she said.


As she led the way in to a candle- lit room, complete with a silk sheet bed, Harry knew Ginny was the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Ah the perks to surviving the war.


A/N: ok guys hope you enjoyed. I fell in love with this song and thought it worked for Harry and Ginny so I decided to take some time off from my other story to do this little one shot. I had fun writing this. I’ll go back to LOVE WILL FIND A WAY now so I can get another chapter of that posted for ya.
On a completely unrelated…well it relates little, thanks for all the birthday wishes. 14 has definitely been a good year so far. I hope to keep it that way. My party went well (this is how it’s related) so I finally have time for fan fic. XoXo all!!

PS. The person that sings this song Cascada, is the same person who sings “Everytime We touch” check her out.


sry for grammar and spelling mistakes: my computer is deleting when i try to edit things.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=10945